size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

VengeanceCritical Observation!1KLoserCritical Fail!Pride - Pansexual
03-19-2024, 06:52 PM

Flurry wasn't naive nor stupid enough to assume her father was going to be happy with her. But she wasn't exactly happy either. Though her frustrations were with a lot of wolves right now. Besides this time she wouldn't back down, wouldn't apologize. She'd seen an opportunity and she'd taken it and fuck if anyone was going to tell her she was wrong, it's not like she would have bothered even trying if anyone had already been fighting. If others wanted to assume she was weak or soft or whatever they didn't know her. Flurry was a Raider, and she wouldn't pretend she didn't like a good fight, but raiding and poking at sleeping bears were two different things. Couldn't raid if everyone is dead or gone.

Flurry paced, feeling her limbs ache from the exhaustion of her fight as she moved but unwilling to seek any treatment until shit was dealt with she waited, and paced. And it wasn't just because she'd somehow managed to make things awkward between herself and both Sakana and Rivin. Though that certainly had been a factor. No doubt there was going to be another drunk night on the horizon and this time she'd be locking herself in her goddamn room so she didn't make herself a bigger fool than everyone already seemed to think she was. Maybe her parents would get lucky and the alcohol poisoning would finally kick in. That'd get her to stop trying to prevent all out war.

"Speech"

Art by Perencreste
Updated 01/13/23: I am currently on indefinite scarcity, please be patient and don't remind me of missing tags right now.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (870)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
03-20-2024, 06:26 AM
Though he was unable to best the woman that had maimed Siduri, Gil wasn't entirely defeated. His pack was doing well with their fights and with the raid coming to a close, he made his way back to the isle so that his wounds could be tended to sooner than later. He wasn't getting any younger. The wounds along his neck ran deep and though he'd been able to briefly patch them up before swimming back to the isle, they still stung with salt. Tired and ready to sleep, Gil doesn't hold back the sigh when he sees Flurry pacing the beach. Another thorn in his side that he should deal with sooner than later. Surely the girl would have every excuse in the book read to throw at him. Didn't she always?

Ambling over to the fired up daughter of his, Gil stops and looks her over. Yep, just like her mother. Fiery, strong-willed, and will do whatever she wants to support the ideals in her head. Figuring it would be better to let the girl vent before he chewed into her (when was he not?), Gil takes a seat in the sand. His face says it all. He doesn't have time for this, but she's his daughter (admittedly one of his favorites even if she doubted him) and he would always make time for his offspring. There was no doubt in that. Gil would always attempt to be a good father even if it meant breaking their hearts along the way.

"Spit it out," Gil finally says after a pregnant pause, his tired yellow eyes lingering on Flurry.

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Flurry

Loner

Novice Intellectual (20)

Expert Fighter (180)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

03-23-2024, 09:33 PM

That he approached and didn't start ripping her apart with everything about her that was wrong was almost worse than if he had. She tried to keep her anger but there was admittedly a bit of a deflation, the worry, the anxiety of losing the only things she had peeking through for a moment but as he settled and told her to spit it out Flurry bristled again.

"What do you want me to say dad? That I regret taking a stab at not having to see more of my siblings torn to pieces?" She snorted. "I can lie if that'll make you happy." She locked her jaw and fell onto her haunches, just wanting to get this over with. "I'm sure everyone thinks I'd roll over but I saw an opening, I still will and did defend our home if it came to blows. Sorry that caring about not watching everyone and everything I care about get destroyed is a crime. Just pass your judgement so I can go sleep off these wounds and drink myself into not being such a nuisance." Flurry couldn't have cared less what some of the pack thought of her but she was more than a little hurt her dad couldn't even try to understand where she was coming from, or at least that's how it felt to her. Maybe he'd get lucky and she'd stop caring about anything at all and just become a drunk layabout. That was starting to feel like the only way this could end.

"Speech"

Art by Perencreste
Updated 01/13/23: I am currently on indefinite scarcity, please be patient and don't remind me of missing tags right now.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
03-28-2024, 08:31 AM
Gil waits patiently for Flurry to speak all that is on her mind. Compared to her other siblings, she always had a lot to say. Not that it was a bad thing, but the more the girl got caught up in her mind, the more she could go on and on about things that weren't necessarily reality. Her bristling appearance that soon defaults into a hunched over sitting causes him to sigh. Oh, the poor girl really felt as if the world were on her shoulders, didn't she? As much as Gil wants to be proud of Flurry, for standing up for what she believed in, for wanting to protect her siblings, for how valiant of a wolf she truly was, he couldn't keep her as the heir... Her volatile and unpredictable nature and the fact that her values didn't exactly line up with his or Modesty's meant only one thing.

"You're not a nuisance, but you aren't fit to continue being heir to mine or your mother's rule," the words are stiff. Words that he had never wanted to speak because he had believed in her more than he had the others. But now? After her actions? He wasn't sure it was the right choice. "You need to work your way up, spend time figuring out what you want. You care for your siblings, that is great, but you must realize that you are not their keeper. If they did not want to fight, to raid, they don't have to. Do you see Nimbus or Navi or Wake? Scald? Rexx? Deluge? I don't force my offspring to do things they don't want to do," Gil pauses, a brow lifted slightly, assessing Flurry's reaction.

"You aren't their parent and you do not lead the Raiders. We are not pacifists and when someone comes to our door, we defend it. Do I make myself clear? As your mother and I have stated before, if you don't agree with it, you don't need to stay. I won't ask you to change, but you cannot ask us to change either. This is our life and this is how we lead it. Do I make myself clear?" He fixes his expression to a more stern note, gaze hard and lips firm as he not waits quietly for her reaction. She could scream and holler all she wanted, but the decision was made.

Flurry

Loner

Novice Intellectual (20)

Expert Fighter (180)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

04-04-2024, 01:42 PM

That she'd been striped of her rank wasn't really a surprised, she'd been expecting it at this point and she hardly reacted. She just kept her gaze on the ground not wanting to have to look at anything as he spoke. His words held truth in them, even if Flurry didn't want to admit it. Sure it was only her siblings that wanted to fight that did but what when it wasn't a choice anymore, what would happen when someone brought all the hounds of hell to their doorstep and it was do or die? None of them would get out unscathed if they were lucky to get out at all. Flurry grit her teeth, biting back all the points she wanted to make. It would just be wasted effort, she felt that much had been made clear to her.

"Crystal." Flurry managed through gritted teeth. She wanted to throw it back in his face. Tell him she'd never wanted to change them, that all she'd ever wanted was to know they'd survive, to know that someone was thinking beyond the petty grudges and fuckin' blood feuds towards making sure they weren't going to be forced to go to war with half the continent and not a single ally to back them up. But Flurry didn't, she swallowed everything down, bitterly. "Am I free to go?" Flurry rose to her paws, looking at her father finally and waited. All she wanted was to go pass out for a while, not have to think for a while.

"Speech"

Art by Perencreste

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
04-05-2024, 12:13 PM
He watches his daughter as she replies to him through gritted teeth. In a sense, Gil is disappointed. Was Flurry really going to give up? Stop fighting for what she believed in? It wasn't that he didn't understand where she came from. He wanted his children to be as safe as much as Flurry wanted it, but he needed to raise them as well. They couldn't survive in the real world with someone always protecting them. Didn't she see that?

Letting out a sigh, he nods his head. "Of course," he lifts a paw and waves it in her direction. Letting go of the tension built up in his frame, he slumps down against the sand. His neck still hurt, but at least the bleeding had stopped. After a few beats, he places a paw over his face, rubbing at the bridge of his muzzle. "What the fuck am I gon' do with ya'll?" Gil whispers to himself, unsure whether Flurry had left already or not.

Flurry

Loner

Novice Intellectual (20)

Expert Fighter (180)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

04-06-2024, 10:11 AM

Flurry turned sharply on her toes, prepared to march her ass to her room and make herself positively useless but the sound of movement from behind her stoped her after only a few steps and she glanced over her shoulder. Though she could not hear his words her father's posture punctured a hole right through her defenses. Fuck. They really were too alike for both their own goods. Flurry lowered her head and sighed deeply.

"I'm scared dad." She didn't turn around, couldn't make herself face him, had to keep herself turned away from him as she let herself be vulnerable, too risky. "One of my earliest memories is the attack on the beach. Is watching my sister get punted down the shoreline. Learning someone can hate you just for existing does something to a kid, fucks em up." Despite the emotions that swirled inside her Flurry's voice hardly wavered. "I've never wanted to change us, I like raiding. I like being a Raider. But you and I both know we're hardly popular with the other packs. I can't help but wonder if one man could do all that just because he hated us, what can an army with a grudge do? Who's gonna help us if we need it?" Flurry sighed again, her voice getting weaker as she continued: "The Raiders is the only thing I have. I'm afraid of losing you all."

Flurry had said her piece, had admitted to her faults now she was well and truely done. Without ever turning to look at her father she continued her trek deeper into the island.

-Exit Flurry unless stopped-

"Speech"

Art by Perencreste

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Here comes the consequences of my actions Daager Isle 06:52 PM, 03-19-2024 07:43 PM, 04-18-2024