gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-20-2024, 07:47 PM

As Mariah strolled through the historic clearing, she was enveloped in the sights and smells of the lively spring morning. Caedes was nearby, though just out of her line of sight. It was easy enough to get lost and their own tasks to momentarily lose track of one another- or at least, that’s how it was for her. But perhaps it was just that she didn’t feel like they had to cling to one another to feel comfortable- secure. They simply worked.

The remains of stone foundations, long abandoned, were strewn among the flourishing greenery, serving as a quiet reminder of days gone by. The aroma of blooming wildflowers perfumed the air, their delicate petals dancing in the gentle gusts. In the distance, birds sang their cheerful songs, creating a serene atmosphere for her to take in as she wandered. With each step, Mariah's keen eyes scanned the landscape, her gaze drawn to the lush carpet of herbs that carpeted the wild garden’s floor. Here, amidst the ruins of a forgotten era, a veritable treasure trove of medicinal plants thrived, their delicate leaves and blossoms a testament to nature's resilience. Mariah felt a surge of casual interest as she recognized familiar species—chamomile, yarrow, and comfrey—each with its own uses.

Lost in her own contemplation and recollection, Mariah knelt down to inspect a cluster of valerian root, its earthy scent wafting up to greet her. But as she reached out to pluck a few leaves for her collection, a sharp tearing sensation shot through her wrist. With a hiss of pain, she withdrew, only to find a jagged stone hidden amidst the foliage, its edges sharp and unforgiving. Grimacing, Mariah examined the wound—a shallow cut across her forearm, already beginning to well with blood. She cursed her carelessness, berating herself for not paying closer attention. But even as she pressed her opposite paw against the wound to stem the bleeding, Mariah couldn't help but feel a sense of urgency- looking for anything of use in her immediate proximity.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

"Devil has my ear today, I'll never hear a word you say."

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualRapid Poster - Gold1K
03-20-2024, 08:17 PM

Caedes observed her from a distance as she wandered through the clearing of The God’s Garden, she looked so peaceful, meandering about as she explored the new terrain with its bountiful plant life. He too was filled with intrigue at the rarer herbs strewn about, and as he plucked a small cluster of  Agrimony he nearly crushed it as he heard a hiss of pain. His skull whipped upwards with emeralds ablaze, concern coursing through him as he recognized the urgency in Mariah's movements. There was no threat, but she was applying pressure to her wrist, her attention frantic as she looked around herself.

Without hesitation, Caedes bounded from his position, his healer's instincts kicking into action - his plucked herb still clenched within his jaws. Approaching Mariah with purposeful strides, he assessed the wound with a practiced eye, his expression focused yet calm as he dropped the herb at her side. "Let me see," He murmured softly, his voice carrying reassurance as he examined the injury.

"speaking"

Caedes is a mature character, viewer discretion is advised.
Unless otherwise stated, assume he is not wearing his feathered skull mask.

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Healer (265)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-20-2024, 08:56 PM

Mariah looked up at the sound of Caedes's voice, and for a moment, her chest tightened- a pang of embarrassment washing over her. She was a healer herself; she was capable of tending to her own wounds, especially ones that were earned so haphazardly. But as Caedes's gaze met hers, any semblance of judgment was absent in his emerald eyes. His focus was on the wound, and the calm assurance in his voice eased the knot in her chest even as the pain throbbed in her arm. She considered resisting his request, shooing him away, and insisting that there was nothing to be concerned over. That was the truth of the matter, after all. However, after a moment of silent hesitance, she eventually extended her forearm- twisting it to provide an optimal line of sight. It was the allure of being the subject of his concern that eventually tipped the scale- but also, it was interest in his method, and how far it differed from her own.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-20-2024, 09:00 PM

As Mariah showed him her bleeding wound, Caedes reached into his satchel he’d dropped off his shoulders, retrieving a small bottle of antiseptic solution and a clean cloth. “What cut you?” He took a moment to douse the cloth with the solution, a concoction of different herbs, one being Yarrow, before he steadied his gaze to see if he would need to bind it. It appeared shallow, but with her light framework he worried it would leave her anemic -- likely an exaggeration but he wasn't taking any chances. For now he would focus on cleaning it, then stemming the blood flow. With gentle yet efficient movements, he cleansed the cut, his touch careful and clinical. “Hold still.” He instructed with a detached, authoritative rumble as he tended to her injury with care and precision. His eyes, however, betrayed the attentive devotion he held for her.

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-20-2024, 09:09 PM

Mariah winced as she watched Caedes carefully tend to her injury. The antiseptic solution met her open skin with a sharp, biting sensation that sent prickles and numbness through her body. She had applied the solution to countless others before, but feeling its effects herself was an entirely different experience. The dull throb of her wound was quickly replaced by a stinging heat, causing her to release a soft hiss between clenched teeth. Despite trying to suppress it, the pain was evident on her face as Caedes continued to clean and treat the wound with delicate precision. "It was a sharp edge of something," Mariah replied softly, her voice barely above a whisper as she watched Caedes work. "Hidden beneath the vegetation, I suppose." She answered, nodding to the direction in which she had placed her paw only to come out with a laceration.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-20-2024, 09:22 PM

The sound of her hissing in pain again caused his ears to flatten briefly, eyes clouding with a displeased, possessive gleam. He checked in on her expression, offering her a reassuring narrow of his eyes. “Elevate it, if you would.” He advised, his nose pushing the limb gently upwards in the position he desired. It was clean now, time for the blood flow. Caedes retrieved the fresh Agrimony he had dropped, quickly retrieving a custom mortar and pestle from his bag; he worked at grinding the herb up. His brows furrowed for a moment, the texture not to his liking, before his eyes flashed up to their surroundings.

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-20-2024, 09:29 PM

Mariah watched as Caedes worked, the muscles in his jaw clenching as he ground up the Agrimony. The strength and meticulousness in his actions held her captive, momentarily distracting her from the pain of her wound. She nodded obediently at his direction, raising her wrist higher to aid in the stemming of blood flow. His momentary pause drew her gaze back to him, studying his furrowed brows and the contemplative look in his eyes. Following his gaze, she wondered what he was searching for; was there an herb he needed that perhaps she could procure? "What do you need?" She asked gently, not wanting to disrupt his train of thought, but interested to know if there was anything she could do to fill in the gaps.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-20-2024, 09:31 PM

“A thickener.” His emerald was searching, calculating, then it fixated on something in the near distance and the dire brute darted away and returned in seemingly one graceful motion. He had returned with a leaf from an aloe vera plant, cutting it down to a preferable size with his teeth, then crushing the gel out from within into the mortar. “There we are.” He ground it along with the agrimony into a thick concoction of paste, retrieving a new cloth he lathered it on one side with the paste from the mortar, and gestured for her to keep still as he reached over and carefully placed the poultice over her cut, wrapping it soundly. Throughout it all, he was concise and meticulous.

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-20-2024, 09:37 PM

She could barely sense the moment he'd applied the poultice to her wound, so deft was his touch. The cooling sensation of the aloe mixed with agrimony replaced the earlier sting, and Mariah released a tense breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding. She watched with rapt attention as Caedes masterfully wrapped the cloth around her wound, securing it in place with a gentleness that spoke volumes about his care for her. His emerald eyes remained focused on his work, but there was an undeniable intensity in his gaze. "Thank you," she murmured softly, her voice barely audible amidst the rustling leaves around them. The gratitude in her voice was heartfelt, but also twinged with a certain frailty. She gingerly moved her arm, testing the range of motion under the freshly placed bandages. The careful craftsmanship of Caedes' work was evident in the ease of movement she felt. "Couldn’t have done a better job myself," she added quietly, her eyes meeting his for a fleeting moment before trailing off to their surroundings. The forest around them seemed to hold its breath, waiting, watching, silent.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-20-2024, 09:42 PM

He eyed the wrapped wound with displeasure for a moment, then retrieved another item – a thin strip of horsetail he wrapped around it to secure it and bind it in place further. Surely, all that would stop the bleeding. "There," Caedes murmured softly, a hint of satisfaction in his voice as he finished dressing the wound. "That should do it. Overkill and all." He stepped back slightly, his gaze meeting Mariah's with a reassuring smile as she tested out her limb and complimented him. Really, he had done too much. But he had found the sight of her blood a very very upsetting thing. The brute took a moment to study her features, checking for signs of increased pain or discomfort. "I had a very good teacher. She taught me almost everything I know." He grinned, eyeing his work with a tender and somber expression, remembering his grandmother.

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-21-2024, 01:09 PM

Mariah's lips curved into a subtle grin, touched by the warmth in Caedes's voice and the fondness in his gaze as he spoke of his teacher. "She must have been an exceptional teacher indeed," Mariah remarked, her voice carrying a gentle sincerity as she broke her attention away from him to inspected his handiwork. Twisting her arm in either direction to survey the entirety of what he had accomplished, she offered a light nod in approval. Though, by the time she met that emerald gaze of his again, she already had her next question qued up. "Tell me about her- your family I mean." Okay, that might have been more of a demand rather than a question. But surely it wouldn't have come to a surprise that it was something that she wanted to know more about. She wanted to know more about him.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-21-2024, 01:52 PM

Caedes eyed his work with satisfaction, neatly gathering his supplies and tools back into his satchel. Mentally noting to replenish his stock of antiseptic concoction and cloth, he allowed a pleased smirk to grace his lips. His gaze flickered to Mariah's face as she spoke of his teacher, a twinkle of fondness showing in his eyes. Her curious demand stirred memories of past lessons and fleeting moments of joy, which he had only ever kept to himself until now.

"She truly is exceptional," Caedes responded, his voice carrying a reverence born of deep respect for his mentor. “My guiding light in my darkest days, she taught me not only healing but values not often seen in my kin." As he reflected on his teacher's influence, Caedes realized he hadn't divulged her identity to Mariah yet, but she already had a question that beat him to it with her inquiry about his family. He stared for a moment, while the longing to share his story with her warred with the uncertainty of which parts to reveal.

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-21-2024, 02:13 PM

Mariah's expression softened as she listened to Caedes speak of his teacher with such reverence. It was easy to sense the depth of the bond between them- the impact she had on his development. That his mentor held a special place in his heart, shaping him into the skilled individual he was today. A part of her was jealous. She wanted that sort of relationship. That constant source of information she could fall back when she needed to. However, she had a variety of mentors. Was that better?

As Caedes paused, Mariah could see the hesitation in his expression, the inner conflict he grappled with. She respected his privacy, understanding that some stories were not easily shared. Yet, she couldn't help but feel a stirring curiosity about the background he had come from- what had shaped Caedes's journey. With a look of understanding, she cleared her throat to interrupt. "You don't have to share if you're not ready," she said softly, her voice carrying a warmth and understanding.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-21-2024, 02:24 PM

He studied Mariah’s face, taking in her words but ultimately deciding to follow through with her request to know more about him. "She's my grandmother," Caedes began, his tone shifting to a more solemn, soft one. "Though not by blood, she raised my father, who followed in her footsteps as a healer." Pausing briefly, Caedes considered the complexity of his familial ties and how it might sound strange to this girl that meant very much to him. His smile turned into a forced one, his voice betraying a bit of enmity as he continued. "As for my parents, they reside in Saffron, the empire of my birth. However, our relationship is distant, save for my grandmother, Astrid. Despite not being of the Saxe lineage, she was the one who truly raised me." What was he supposed to feel for his mother, who was barely affectionate, and his father, who had gone and broken himself?

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-21-2024, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 02:56 PM by Mariah. Edited 1 time in total.)

Mariah listened attentively as Caedes opened up about his family, her heart going out to him as he spoke of his complicated relationship with his parents. She could sense the underlying emotions in his words—the longing for connection, the ache of distance, and the bond he shared with his grandmother. She admired his resilience and strength, forged through the challenges he had faced, and felt a deeper sense of connection with him as he shared his story.

"I'm sorry to hear that your relationship with your parents is distant," Mariah said softly, her tone filled with something that resembled empathy, but also understanding. Her own parents weren't absent by any means, she just couldn't help but feel like a burden to them. Like the majority of interactions stemmed from concern. Perhaps the distance she felt was self-inflicted. But even still, she understood.  "But, at least you weren't totally alone." She paused, her gaze meeting Caedes's with a reassuring grin. Her brother Malico had always been there for her. Perhaps things would have turned out very different had she not had him. "Family isn't always about blood. It's about the bonds we form with those who support us, regardless of lineage."

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-21-2024, 03:10 PM

She seemed so attentive as she listened to him, Caedes was glad enough that his words were not falling on deaf ears. He was not the sort to share, especially not with his kin, so this was a very strange occurrence for him. Maybe a handful of times he had shared with Astrid, while lying bedridden. But more than that… he had only ever confessed such meaningful words about himself to his father – and that was the same as falling on deaf ears.  

Caedes absorbed Mariah’s words, her understanding and her reassurance managing to convince him to continue on, so long as she wanted to hear. He nodded, and then continued.

With a deep breath, Caedes explained more, piecing together fragments of his past for Mariah's benefit. Each word he had never articulated for another soul before carrying the weight of respect and affection, particularly when he spoke of Astrid. "It was only possible because I was born a runt. I was cast aside by my mother in favor of my siblings' able bodies, leading me to seek purpose in the healing den. It suited me well." Caedes couldn’t help the reflexive rolls of his shoulders, musculature cascading beneath his skin as he tensed. It had been a difficult time. He clung to anything to prove himself, to be useful. Now he was both strong in body and in his craft. “I apprenticed under my father, and then Astrid when he-... When he was no longer able to do the work.” Caedes quickly suppressed a sneer, trying to keep that bit of information to himself, for now.

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-21-2024, 03:24 PM

Mariah's heart went out to Caedes as he revealed more about his past, his words painting a picture of a difficult and challenging upbringing. He certainly didn't need to explain to her how alienating it could feel to be born differently. She could sense the pain and struggle he had endured- even if he didn't want to talk about it-, but also the resilience and determination that had carried him through. His strength was admirable- and his ability to long for purpose in healing, yet another instance she could relate to.

"You've come a long way, Caedes," Mariah said softly, her voice tinged with admiration and compassion. "And I know the journey must have seemed impossible at times ... But I'm glad it brought you here." To me. She finished lightly, hoping to convey her genuine desire to be there for him in ways that it seemed no one had ever been before.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-21-2024, 03:43 PM

Caedes absorbed Mariah's words with a mixture of gratitude and vulnerability, her empathy was a sensation both foreign and welcome. Her compassion resonated deeply within him, easing wounds he had long carried in silence. Ones that had not healed like his cavass of scars had outwardly. His eyes, emeralds burning with possessive affection, stared at Mariah as she spoke, taking in the compassion on her face – memorizing it because it was for him that she looked so beautifully understanding. Her words lingered in the air, and for a fleeting moment, Caedes felt a sense of belonging wash over him. To know that someone saw him for who he truly was, scars and all, filled him with a profound sense of gratitude.

Caedes met Mariah's gaze, his emerald eyes reflecting the depth of emotion stirring within him. Again, he felt what he had felt when they first met, what she always dredged up from within his usual composure. Was it kindred spirits? Something much deeper? His was a studious leer, following the intricate markings around her eyes, letting them lead him to her silver orbs and there he melted.

He rose to his full height, advancing on her with clear intent on his visage. “I am reminded of how grateful I am that my path led me to you.” The brute invaded her space possessively, muzzle seeking the space between the crook of her neck and throat like it was meant for him to touch. He inhaled deeply, pressing closer to her, careful not to disturb her bandaged wound.

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-24-2024, 10:56 AM

Mariah held her breath as Caedes closed the distance between them, his large frame towering over her. His words washed over her, leaving a warm, tingling sensation in their wake. The intensity of his gaze was an emotional anchor, holding her still as they shared the moment. It was as though he were able to look into her very soul. She could feel the warmth radiating from him, enveloping her in a way that made her feel both cherished and desired. His closeness brought an unusual sense of peace and safety - it was as if every chaotic element in their world had been silenced for this one moment.

His nose nestled into the curve of her neck, his warm breath teasing her skin and igniting a fire within. It was a vulnerable position, one she would never allow anyone else to take, but with Caedes it felt natural, enticing. His unique scent surrounded her, a blend of earth and forest with a hint of something primal and alluring. His body pressed against hers, careful not to aggravate her injury but close enough for her to feel the pulsing of his veins. This intimate closeness spoke louder than any words ever could; it revealed their growing trust and an irresistible connection that sparked desire in every touch. “How can it be?” She breathed as she tilted her chin away from him- to the sky in a desperate prayer as she opened herself to his touch. “How can you possibly make me feel so whole?” It was truly astounding how fractured she had been, how impossibly empty. And it all had changed in an instant.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-26-2024, 08:33 PM

Caedes absorbed the sight of Mariah before him, her vulnerability laid bare in the arch of her neck and the whispered plea that hung in the air. A pang hit his chest in a mixture of tenderness and primal desire, such a potent cocktail that pulsed through his veins with an intensity that left him breathless. The dire brutes mind reeled with the sudden onslaught of his senses.

With each breath, he drank in her essence, that intoxicating aroma that was so wonderfully her own. His touch was reverent yet possessive, a silent vow to protect and cherish the fragile beauty nestled against him. Oh what a covetous man, with his hands itching to take her down to the earth and worship.

As Mariah tilted her chin upward, her gaze fixed on the heavens in a desperate prayer, Caedes felt his core burn. How could he possibly convey the depth of his feelings, the overwhelming desire she had brought into his life? Wicked, wicked woman. Though he wagered he was far more wicked for craving her the way he did. For pursuing her relentlessly as he had. Which was the greater evil? The one who fed the poison, or the one who willingly drank it and asked for more? Desperately the obsidian brute continued to kiss down her neck, offering his lustful ministrations and asking nothing in return but the pleasure of seeing her enjoyment of his touch.

With a voice husky with emotion, he whispered, his breath mingling with hers in the cool night air, "You’ve always been whole. I am merely here to remind you of it." Each word was a testament to the impact she had made on his life, a true declaration of his unwavering devotion to the woman who had seized his body and mind. Caedes was the one who was broken and splintered, but this woman he cradled; she was beginning to remedy that.

"speaking"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. These Quiet Moments The God's Garden 07:47 PM, 03-20-2024 04:11 PM, 05-24-2024