An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

OverachieverCritical Attack!The Ooze ParticipantVengeanceSnake EyesMammoth Hunter
02-22-2024, 02:23 AM
Ezra stood at the edge of the familiar plains and let out a wistful sigh. He had always known that at some point in the adventure he had been enjoying with Syanna he would want to return to the place that had been his home for the vast majority of his life. He had been away even longer than he had originally intended, if he was being honest, but now that he was looking at the castle in the distance it almost felt like he had never left. There was so much that had changed and so much he needed to tell his long time friend that reminded him of that passage of time, but that nostalgia and familiarity was undeniable all the same.

He had asked Syanna to accompany Aylin–along with Aquila and Canis, of course–around the God's Garden and Fossil Ridge so his half-sister could start getting used to what he hoped would also become her home while he went to speak with Artorias. Even though the yearling girl seemed just as headstrong as her parents he didn't want to overwhelm her with a whole new place, way of life, and a bunch of new wolves all at once. No, he'd get things sorted out with Art first and then he could bring her and his wife back home. Lifting his head, he let out a howl for his best friend and then settled in to wait eagerly for the blue-furred male to appear.

"Ezra Adravendi"

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
02-22-2024, 01:42 PM
A howl rang out across the Hallows that hadn't been heard in a long, long time. The voice, familiar to the halls and corridors, caught Artorias' ear and captured his immediate attention with shock and surprise. With all the death and despair that had hit the Hallows as of late, this one bit of good news felt like a ray of sunshine on the dreary atmosphere. A smile slowly spread across Art's face as he abandoned his patrol and sprinted across the plains in the direction of the call, eager to see his dear friend once more. There, on the southern border near the God's Garden, he saw the dappled form of brown and white of Ezra Adravendi.

Without a single hesitation, Artorias ran right up to Ezra and almost bowled the other brute over as he threw his arms around his friend and pulled him into a tight hug. Artorias was an outwardly affectionate wolf with all those important and dear to him, and he had no problem showing his friend how much he had missed him. Laughing with overwhelming joy, Art only pulled back so he could get a better look at Ezra. Both wolves had fully grown up now, matured into who they were meant to be. No longer did Ezra look like the angsty young man wandering through life. He had a spark about him, an assuredness of someone who had discovered who they were. "How long has it been?" he asked aloud amidst ecstatic chuckles, clapping his paws on Ezra's shoulders whilst grinning from ear to ear. "Welcome home, my friend." There was so much to catch up on! But first, Art had a question as he looked around behind Ezra. "Where is Syanna?"

"Artorias" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Ezra

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

OverachieverCritical Attack!The Ooze ParticipantVengeanceSnake EyesMammoth Hunter
02-24-2024, 04:49 PM
Ezra had been so focused on the castle, assuming that's where he would see his friend approaching from, that if it hadn't been for the pounding thud of his buddy's paws hitting the ground as he approached he might have missed his approach. Looking toward the sound, he spotted Artorias racing toward him and a wide grin pulled across his muzzle, his tail wagging as he got up and turned to face him. It was obvious that Art had no intention of stopping short of running right into him so Ezra braced himself for impact, but even then Art nearly knocked him over with the force of his bodyslam turned excited hug. The excited alpha pulled a 'ooof' from him between his hardy laughter, Ezra returned his hug with a tight squeeze, realizing now just how much he had missed Artorias. Art really had been his first real friend and such an inspiration for such a long time and even though he had enjoyed his time away it was still was so glad to be home.

As Art pulled back he did as well, grinning at his friend as they both looked one another over. He was glad to see Art still doing so well and that the Hallows was still standing strong. He really had no doubt that it would be, but it was still encouraging to see regardless. "Gods, I don't even know... Far too long, however long it was," he replied with a chuckle as Art questioned how long it had been. "Thank you. It's good to be back." It was wild to think how much things had changed in the time he was away and he couldn't wait to fill Art in on all of the developments in his life and hear about Art's own life events as well, but before he could Art suddenly looked concerned as he glanced behind him and asked about Syanna. Ezra laughed a bit and replied, "She's just in the God's Garden... showing my new half-sister around," he explained which he knew was hardly an explanation at all, but instead just opening another can of worms.

He settled back on his haunches with a sigh, giving Art a slight smile as he went on, "Syanna and I ran into my father on our travels a season or two ago. Turns out he and Eska had a litter about a year into their travels and they had one girl. Her name is Aylin. Eska unfortunately passed away a couple weeks after she gave birth... complications or something like that. My dad had been raising her on his own." He knew that Eska had been a daughter of Resin so even though she wasn't a blood relative of Art he was sure the news would be sad to hear. "My father was having a hard time when we found them... Syanna was able to help him be comfortable for the season we spent with him and Aylin, but he did end up passing away recently as well." Of course all of this was going to give their joyous reunion a more somber tone, but it was news that had to be shared one way or another. He sighed softly and gave Art a slightly sad smile. "I'm just glad I got to be with him when he passed."

"Ezra Adravendi"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
03-21-2024, 03:28 AM
Artorias's posture visibly relaxed as he breathed a sigh of relief to hear Syanna was still alive and well, just over in the nearby territory. After the slew of deaths and departures from the Hallows, he had feared the worst when he saw Ezra here without her, especially since the two had been nigh on inseparable when they were living in the pack. The second part, Ezra's mention of a new half-sister, did earn him a raised eyebrow from the black and blue brute. Ulric and Eska had been busy it seemed. The pair of brutes sat down in the grass as Ezra began to explain everything to him, Art listening attentively and with interest, yearning to hear what his friend had been up to in his time away. Ezra explained how he had met up with Ulric and his new sister, and how Eska had passed away shortly after birthing her. Artorias' expression sank along with his heart to hear the grave news. Although they hadn't been close, Eska had been his family. Her loss was a tragedy, mostly to Ulric and Aylin.

But the tragedy didn't stop there. Shortly after they reunited, Ulric passed away as well. That bit of news came like a punch to the heart and almost had Art buckling over. The grief washed over his face as he stared out blankly over the plains, lost in thought. Ulric had been such a mentor to him. He had helped prepare him to take over the Hallows, had filled in as Aegis after his mother's death, fought and bled for the pack... Hell, he was a founding member of the Hallows. To know he had died, that he would never be coming back... it felt like a dagger of ice in his chest. "Ezra... I'm so sorry. Your father was an incredible wolf, one in a million, and he will always be remembered and revered in the Hallows." Artorias looked away so he could wipe a paw across his eyes, removing the small tears threatening to well up. When he looked back at Ezra, he offered his friend an empathetic smile and patted him on his shoulder. "I'm glad you were all there for him too. He loved you so much, and I know he wouldn't have wanted to go any other way than with his family at his side."

Artorias' lips pursed, his jaw set tight as he realized he had to fill Ezra in on the happenings of the Hallows since their departure. "Things have been... up and down. Briar and I had another litter, six this time. The little hellions keep us busy night and day. My sister, Avantika, went missing. We still haven't found any trace of her anywhere. My daughter Talyssa left home for a while, going traveling like you did. Audra and Laeta both passed away earlier this season. It... hasn't been a good time to be Aegis, what with all the funerals I've had to host lately." Art put on a rueful smile, trying to keep the strong front up, but in the wake of the tragedies, it was getting harder and harder to do.

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Ezra

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

05-19-2024, 12:22 PM
Ezra dipped his head with grateful acknowledgement to his friend's condolences. His father's death had been a confusing mix of emotions, but being able to reconcile with him before he passed and having Aylin and Syanna to focus on had helped him tremendously with being able to keep going and move through his grief. He returned Art's smile and gave a little nod as he mentioned his father's love for him and only wanting to be surrounded by his family at the end. "I know you're right. Things were... rocky between us for so long, but I knew how much his family meant to him no matter what." It was a trait he was seeing more and more in himself–something he had run from for so long because of his misguided attempts to not be like his father, but in the end he was beginning to understand that was exactly what he needed to be.

Ezra listened while Artorias filled him in on some of the joys and sorrows he had gone though in his time away, his eyes widening with surprised shock at just how many children Art and Briar had now. Their first litter had been impossibly big and the second had only gotten bigger! The thought of having that many kids absolutely boggled his mind, but he knew how incredible Art and his wife were at being parents so he knew they were very lucky kids regardless. He frowned with a sympathetic, sorrowful expression at the news of all of the deaths and losses that had transpired as of late. He knew time kept going and things developed and changed without him being here, but maybe he hadn't really considered just how much could happen in that span of time.

"I'm sorry to hear that... But congratulations on being a father again. That's amazing," he assured his friend, offering him a grin as he reached out put a paw on his shoulder for a moment. He still didn't know if having a family was in the cards for him and Syanna yet, but he was still holding a little hope that they might get their own kind of miracle one of these days. He wasn't in any rush though, he was enjoying this life with his new wife no matter what happened. Which reminded him... "Oh! Uh, in happier news, Syanna and I married while we were away," he added with a wider, goofier grin, his tail wagging behind him. "Sorry I didn't wait till we got back so you could marry us, but you know me... Impulsive as ever," he added with a chuckle.

"Ezra Adravendi"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

05-19-2024, 11:21 PM
Artorias found himself feeling more and more proud of his friend the longer Ezra spoke. Growing up, the two brutes had numerous obstacles and trials, and he was keenly aware of Ezra's tumultuous relationship with his father. But the wolf standing before him now was far away no longer that same angsty yearling. He was enlightened, well rounded, aware of who he was and what was important to him. He had learned the valuable lesson of forgiveness and acceptance, and he had been able to mend his relationship with Ulric before the end. Ezra seemed happier, lighter of spirit too than when he had left the Hallows a year ago. This trip had done wonders for him mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

To Ezra's sympathies for the tragedies the Hallows had suffered as of late, Artorias simply nodded his head. One of the worst prices of leadership he had to pay was the loss of the wolves he loved. Not just family, but everyone under his banner mattered to him. Every loss was a grievous blow to his heart. Art offered his friend a wry grin when he congratulated him on his second bout of fatherhood. "Thank you, my friend," he replied, surreptitiously avoiding mentioning how Ezra had actually seen his second litter being made when Briar came and kicked him out of the council chambers so she could pounce on him. "Fatherhood has its own kinds of challenges, but its rewards are unsurpassable. My children are my world." Was he mentioning this as a little nudge to his best friend to consider the option for his future? Maaaaybe. The world needed more Adravendis in it if they all came out like Ezra and Ulric.

As if reading his mind, Ezra made mention of another piece of wonderful news—he and Syanna had gotten married! Artorias' eyes lit up with delight, his tail wagging happily against the grass where they sat as he grinned at his mottled friend. "Congratulations, Ez! Jeez, it was about time! How did Syanna ever let you get away without wifing her up for so long?" Art playfully teased Ezra, nudging his shoulder with a playful jab from his paw. "Well, now we have to have a party to celebrate you two! I'm thinking a huge feast, wine by the gallons, a live band, the whole nine yards!" A wide, joking grin was on Art's muzzle while he spoke, clearly having a laugh at Ezra's expense. He knew his friend hated huge gatherings or being fussed over, but when was he going to get the chance to do this again? After Ezra gave him a look, Art chuckled and waved the idea off with a paw. "How about I just send a few bottles of our best wines up for you both to enjoy while you... ah, enjoy your honeymoon phase?" That sounded more like Ezra's speed if he knew anything about the Adravendi brute.

One big happy family

Ezra

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

06-10-2024, 12:54 AM
Ezra grinned and chuckled at Art's teasing as his friend asked him how Syanna let him get away with not wifing her up for so long. In truth he probably would have made Syanna his wife the day they met if she had let him, but she had forced him to take his time with their relationship and that was honestly the best thing she could have done. They had been through a lot together and their relationship meant so much more now than it ever did. Art began to insist, jokingly, that they needed a huge, grand party for the happy couple now and Ezra gave him a look of mock horror at the thought before breaking out in his own wide grin with a chuckle. "Don't you fucking dare," he replied with a laugh as he reached out to give Art's shoulder a playful jab in return.

Instead, Art suggested a gift of a few of their best bottles of wine to enjoy for their honeymoon and Ezra gave him a more genuine, thankful grin at that. "That I will definitely take you up on," he replied, his tail wagging gently behind him. Gods, how he had missed his best friend. The longer he talked with Art the more he realized just how much he had missed being here and how happy he was to be back, no matter the reason that had dragged him home. "I hope it's obvious that I'm back to rejoin The Hallows if you'll have me," he said after a moment, realizing he had never really explicitly said. "Syanna and Aylin too. My father apparently told Aylin all kinds of stories about The Hallows and you when she was a pup and now she's an aspiring sword wielder. I know she'll be thrilled to meet you."

"Ezra Adravendi"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

06-23-2024, 12:20 AM
Artorias knew his teasing was going to get a rise out of Ezra, and his friend did not disappoint with his sharp jab back at him. Art couldn't help but laugh, finding a comfortable familiarity in jesting around with who he considered to be his best friend outside of Briar. Ezra more readily accepted his offer for some wine and privacy, which Art had figured he would. Ezra was nothing if not predictable. And in his predictable fashion, Ezra asked to rejoin the Hallows. "I had pretty much figured that was a given when you turned up here with a new wife and sister in tow," remarked the Carpathian brute, clapping a giant paw on the Adravendi wolf's shoulder. "I told you the Hallows would always be open to you when you left, and I meant it. Welcome home, Councilor Adravendi." Yep, Artorias had even kept Ezra's seat at his High Council vacant for when his friend returned.

As the pair of wolves began to head back across the plains towards Hearthstone, Ezra began to tell him about how Ulric had filled Aylin's head with fantastical stories of the legend of the sword-wielding wolf of the Hallows. Artorias couldn't resist the bark of laughter that pulled from him, a sheepish smile on his face. "Your father always was too kind to me with his boasting. I feel like he's setting me up to be some sort of legendary hero. How will I ever live up to that expectation?" Another chuckle at his own joke. "Well, if she wishes to learn the art of sword fighting, I'll teach her. I'm excited to get to meet her as well."

One big happy family

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. It's been SEVEN YEARS! Amron's Castle 02:23 AM, 02-22-2024 04:54 PM, 07-18-2024