Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
03-20-2024, 12:55 AM
Bellatrix Ravenwood

She moved with the purpose of guiding her baby sibling to a safe place. Nolan was priority. Then she could go help Beau. Her eyes were set with a ferocity they had never been before. They had threatened everyone. And beau was in danger. She loosed a few barks calling the rest of Norad to her location. The alphas of ethne and hallows was welcome as well. Her barks were urgent and told of the big trouble they had now. Her face then turned to Nolan.

"Stay here.... don't leave Nolan's side Frank. I have to go help Daddy, I can't let him be killed by those jerks." she was only going to wait long enough to have Nolan say he understood. Or at least that was her plan. Her vest was on and she had her dagger at the ready. She wouldn't forgive them if they hurt Beau. He had taken her in and raised her like his own. He didn't deserve this.

Hopefully Tanelan and the others were right behind them. Frank moved to lay where Nolan could snuggle up to him. Trixy was happy the piebald reindeer was becoming so loyal to her at this point.

"Talk"
Say come on and show the world who you really are

Tanelan

Loner

Expert Fighter (120)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Kingpedle

1KThe Ooze ParticipantCritical Hit!
03-20-2024, 02:23 PM
Tanelan
They were tired. Having to move in a panic in the midst of being ill wasnt the best feeling. Somewhere along the way too theyd lost sight of Button. Tan had scowered nearby and their heart thrumming in their chest. What did they tell Beau. Hey when some killers are around I lost our daughter? For now they had to be calm but the sick wolf was not calm under pressure.

"S-stay near me kids DO NOT wander off." rarely stern he emphasized the words in a soft panic. Let Beau be okay. Tan let out a cough before settling themselves back down to the ground. Everyone get out of there safe.

Nolan

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Intellectual (10)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Hermes
03-20-2024, 03:15 PM
The whole ordeal with the group of wolves he had thought were nice has left Nolan feeling dizzy as he weakly stumbles along with Trixy and remembers the terror he had felt and being held hostage. How could he have been so stupid as to not see the signs that the armored group had been anything but peaceful? Questions bounce around inside his skull until all he can do is softly whimper as they pull to a stop on the golden sands. Wide, fearful eyes look to Trixy as she barks out, calling those of Norad and the neighboring packs to their sides before directing Frank, her mini piebald reindeer with the pretty red nose, to stay with him.

Then, she turned to go back for their father.

Fear immediately surges in his chest as Trixy makes like she is going to leave and Nolan tearfully calls out, “Don’t leave me!” When the boy had started to cry, he isn’t really certain but the tears now cascade down his cheeks and he lurches toward her, forgetting Frank as he feels the pressing need to be with his sister. He seeks to slam into her, not to knock her off course but so that he can bury his face into her side as the first of many sobs rips free from his throat. Vaguely, he is aware of his daddy, Tanelan, joining them and instructing them not to wander off.

But Nolan is lost in his own tormented world as he repeats over and over again, “I didn’t know! I am sorry. Please don’t leave me.” Body shakes violently as the pup thinks that Trixy is upset at him for everything that has happened and, honestly, he cannot fault her for it. The bag with books and snacks that hangs around his shoulder is forgotten for the moment as he sobs, whimpers, and sniffles, needing his family to understand that he didn’t know this was going to happen.

Because, right now, Nolan feels as if he should have seen this coming.

"Nolan Ravenwood"

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
03-20-2024, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 05:36 PM by Artorias. Edited 1 time in total.)

Across the Hallows at the northern border, Artorias had been scouring the lands with his Commander, following an all-too-familiar scent. The nice thing about raising so many ravens and having your lands right by the only way in and out of Auster was that they could see almost everyone coming and going from the continent—and it was impossible to hide a dozen wolves crossing into Auster at the same time. So the Lord of Cinder had patrolled the northern border near the Bifröst, sure enough finding the scents of more wolves he cared to count, including one he remembered well... So it seemed like Sephiran Saxe hadn't learned his lesson after all... Fucking idiot.

The call from the other end of the Hallows caught Artorias by surprise. Partly because it sounded like it was coming from the beach rather than their borders, but more so because it was a desperate call for aid. His heart sank and his fur bristled. The Lord directed his Commander to return to Hearthstone while he sprinted across Hallowed lands, massive paws and powerful legs carrying him swiftly across the plains and down to the shore. The sight that greeted him both bewildered and concerned him. Wolves, so many wolves gathered, looking scared and uncertain—displaced. They all carried the same scent that Beauregard had when he'd visited the Hallows. This as Norad.

With confusion painting his features, the alpha trotted through the group until he found the two that seemed to be directing the group—the two that smelled the most like Beauregard. Much to Artorias' concern, Beau did not seem to be here either. "Excuse me," he called out to Bellatrix and Tanelan, approaching them amidst the chaos. "I'm Artorias, alpha of the Hallows. You're Norad wolves, right?" Amber eyes, looking around at the group, tried to make sense of what he was witnessing. "What's going on? Why is everyone out here?" And most importantly... "Where is Beauregard?"

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Bellatrix

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Advanced Hunter (65)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
03-20-2024, 10:28 PM
Bellatrix Ravenwood

As she was about to take off to go do what she felt she needed to Nolan is barreling into her chest, begging her to stay. Her ears pin at the notion of leaving Beau to face the threat alone. She scanned for anyone else to handle her brother, landing on Tanelan. They didn't look so good. She didn't curse often but now felt like as good a time ever to start.

She sighed and as she was about to start trying to pry Nolan from her and explain to the kid why she had to go back another showed up. She wrapped her paw around Nolan's shoulders keeping him as guarded as she could. Her eyes went to Tanelan before she decided it was her turn to be in charge. Tanelan didn't look like they were doing okay.

"Bellatrix Ravenwood Regium or I guess used to be Regium of Norad.... wish I could say it was a pleasure right now sir...." she turned her gaze to his and she did her best to not look at anyone else. She didn't like saying what she was about to. Her stomach was clenched as she delivered the next words. "Whats here is whats left of Norad. A pack of barbarians kidnapped my brother Nolan here and used him as leverage as well as threatening our entire pack with dismemberment if my father didn't give up his crown.... I have to go back though.... Beau stayed behind to make sure everyone got out and he laid down his weapons. I wont stand idly by while they kill my dad for protecting everyone." she made sure her voice was loud enough for all of Norad to hear. It wasn't meant to hurt but she knew things some of the others hadn't, as she had stayed close enough in the encounter with the wolves to know how most of it went down.

She let Nolan go then and turned her eyes to him silently trying her best to have Nolan go to Tanelan. She was sure they had been worried sick about her brother. She turned those eyes back to Artorias though. She had a fire lit in them and she almost dared any to try to stop her.

"Talk"

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

Master Intellectual (305)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

ScarredDouble MasterRapid Poster - SilverSamhain 2022
03-21-2024, 01:51 PM

The failed raid against the Raiders Hollows had left many of Ethne’s members sporting fresh, ugly wounds and Haydée feels solely responsible for each and every one. She has taken to holing herself up in her den, pretending to drown herself in paperwork while really, she just sat there, replaying everything that had happened since the first raid in her mind. At some point, the candles that lit her room had burned out and plunged her world into darkness but the Leader did not notice because her mind is far from here.

A desperate call from the neighboring land half-registers in her mind and Haydée struggles to find her way back to the present where she blinks in the abyss. Standing, she bumps her way to where the fur that separates her den from the network of tunnels that lay behind the waterfall. Pushing the thick fur aside, the russet woman winces at the soft light that the lanterns beyond throw at her and she suddenly wonders exactly how long she had been sitting in the dark.

But are more pressing matters to attend to and Hay swiftly races across the distance that separates her from the urgent call. As the Leader draws closer, she finds a throng of wolves, milling around on the beach and heart sinks as she realizes that these are all Norad wolves. Spying the familiar form of Artorias in the crowd, she carefully weaves her toward him and arrives just as Trixy relays her tale.

Stopping dead in her tracks, fear clutches her heart and crawls up her throat, stealing her voice as she silently hopes that Beauregard is safe. Features tug down into a frown and her freshly stitched right brow and cheek pull painfully at the movement but she does not have time to worry about the moment. Norad has been their steadfast ally and is important that they be taken care of through all of this.

Lifting her voice, she turns her gaze out the wolves as Haydée addresses the gathered crowd with calm authority, saying, “All Norad wolves are welcome in Ethne lands. If you wish to join us, let me know and accommodations will be made for you.” Eyes sweep the gathered, lost wolves as she speaks, sorrow tugging at her heart. As she finishes, she looks directly to Artorias and lowers her voice so that she is not shouting at him as she softly says, “We need to talk, later.”

Her scarred features are tense as her green eyes gaze up at him, mouth set in a grim line as Haydée knows that they will have much to discuss. However, right now, there is work to be done and she moves to place herself in front of Bellatrix to stop the angry girl from striking off after her missing father. A sad, understanding smile pulls at the Leader’s lips as she gently says, “Your brother needs you right now. Stay with him and I promise to bring Beauregard back.”

The silvery boy that hasn’t stopped wailing since she first arrived, seems to be practically climbing on the girl in his attempts to keep her from leaving. Gaze flicks over to Artorias once more as Haydée wonders what else she should be doing right now.

"Haydée Kedieo"

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

Expert Intellectual (210)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
03-21-2024, 04:52 PM

To pass along the message and get all of Norad’s wolves out had been a feat. Beau was no longer running, but the man was tired as he walked with Paradise on one side and Noelle on the other. The older wolves had needed more assistance than most, and Beauregard gave brief apologies and farewells to those who did not come with him. The man had wanted to be a good alpha, but he knew there was far more risk for their lives if he did not surrender his crown. He would not see the innocent senselessly slaughtered.

His need to get everyone out, and helping the partially blind and older women had slowed him. The path through Wraith’s Woods had been taken to shake any pursuers off their train.. but it seemed they were far more interested in tending to pack business.

Trill calls out above him that she has found his family and he diverts his course, arriving on scene to find not just his family but Artorias and Haydee as well. Bellatrix looked ready to charge off in an instant, and as he approached alongside the two older fae’s he called out. “No need for anyone jumping into things recklessly. We all made it out.” The words were meant mainly for Bellatrix but he hoped all present would understand.

The wailing of his son was what tugged at Beauregard most. Helping Paradise settle, he’d move to Nolan and pull his son close. “Shh, you're okay.” He cooed to the child. He gave his little one a lick to the head and flicked his gaze between Haydee and Artorias. “It is a mess, but no one was killed… our wolves were not suited to fighting… surrender was the only option.” He sighed. “I don't want anyone to retaliate because of this,” He glanced at Trixy specifically.

“A dozen or so wolves, fully armed and ready to kill, showed up at our border. They are dangerous… It is wiser to work on defenses, and ensure they won't be breached. I doubt next time we’ll be lucky enough to walk away without bloodshed.”

"Speech," 'Thought.'
Beauregard has two companions - a bluejay and an arctic fox. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

As his mates, Tanelan and Co. are allowed in any thread Beauregard is in regardless of tag.

Tanelan

Loner

Expert Fighter (120)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Kingpedle

1KThe Ooze ParticipantCritical Hit!
03-21-2024, 05:17 PM
Tanelan

They felt a little overwhelmed. Before they had to explain though his daughter was already on it. Another cough left them and they realized in all the chaos a horrible mistake had been made on their part. "Beau" meekly they watched the remaining wolves trickle in and they were relieved that Beau had returned unharmed.

Tanelan entered the social circle anxiously. "W-wish we met under better circumstances Artoroias Im Tanelan." they then glanced between Haydee and Beau. Biting their tongue for once second longer. "Beau... Button is missing." he coughed sitting down as they looked over at Nolan. Their sickness probably just made this worse.
Lan has DID and can switch personalities without notice
Mika is considered rated M
Beau may enter any threads as their partner

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
03-21-2024, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 05:26 PM by Artorias. Edited 1 time in total.)

The young fae introduced herself as Bellatrix Ravenwood and Artorias instantly recognized the family name. Beauregard's family; one of his children, no doubt. The news she delivered to him was grim and both shocked and enraged the Lord of Cinder, clenching his heart with ice and igniting a fire in his belly. A pack of barbarians kidnapped the pup at her side, then held him hostage to usurp Norad. Artorias' mind was swiftly making connections between the otherwise circumstantial—the group of wolves passing by their borders, the scent of Sephiran returning to Auster, and now a child kidnapped and threats of violence levied against a peaceful pack to overthrow it. There was no doubt in his mind that this was no chance turn of events. This had the stink of Sephiran all over it and it made the usually peaceful brute livid. Fire burned in his amber eyes, brow knitting together to narrow his stare to points the more Bellatrix spoke. Hearing that Beau had stayed behind to finish negotiating with the fiend did not bode well for his safety.

Artorias didn't speak the entire time Bellatrix did, letting her fill in all the gaps with necessary intel. Her righteous fury was well deserved, and the hate he saw burning in her young eyes spoke volumes. She wanted to go back and fight. It reminded him of himself at her age, harboring an anger and an idealistic belief that he could do anything. He did not want to deny the girl her chance at vengeance, but the cooler part of his brain warned him about letting her get involved. She was a hair trigger away from exploding, and if Sephiran and his wolves hadn't killed Beauregard already, charging in there teeth and claws bared most certainly would spell his doom. Amidst her rage, Haydée appeared, responding to Norad's call for aid and offering them asylum in Ethne. Artorias nodded to her, but took note of the fresh wounds littering her face. His brows narrowed in concern. She asked to speak with him later and the Aegis simply nodded. What had she been up to?

"I feel your anger, Bellatrix. It is righteous and just, but you must temper it for now, or else you risk letting it take control. If you go back and confront them alone, you risk your life and potentially your father's life too," he cautioned the girl, his head lowered and voice a low rumble so only she could hear him. He admired what she was doing by rallying her pack, but her energy and efforts needed to be turned towards protecting what remained of Norad first and seeking retribution second. "Haydée is right. Your wolves are confused and scared. They need a leader to guide them and keep them together. Focus on that first." Artorias rose back up to his full height and surveyed the gathered wolves, dipping his head to Tanelan in greeting. "I wish the same, friend. What matters is that you're all safe." All except... that was when Art spotted the fallen alpha as he trudged into the group. Relief washed over his soul; Beauregard was alive.

Beauregard reiterated the need to not retaliate, then explained to the Hallows and Ethne alphas what had occurred. Artorias listened with a steely gaze and clenched jaw while Beau painted a grisly picture for them. A dozen wolves had come to kill them, threatening them out of their home and laying claim to their pack rights. That was all Artorias needed to hear. "Beauregard, you and Haydée rally the rest of your wolves and get them somewhere safe. My wolves will make sure those savages don't attempt to cause any more harm." And he'd have a nice little chat with Sephiran Saxe while he was at it... Artorias knew there was only so much that he could do to aid given the circumstances, but letting Sephiran get away with this atrocity to his friends scot-free was not something he was about to let happen.

Dismissing himself from the group, Artorias ran back up the beachhead back towards Hearthstone. He was going to need his sword and a couple of friends for this next part.

- exit Artorias -

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Bellatrix

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Advanced Hunter (65)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
04-05-2024, 01:36 AM
Bellatrix Ravenwood

No words could calm the girl's fire and will to protect. Norad was all they had known. Beau had erected it and drilled into her the purpose of protecting the many that could not protect themselves.

Her eyes hardened as not only one alpha told her not to go, but now a second who arrived while she was telling the first what had happened. She had half a mind to yell, to scream that she wasn't taught to sit idly by while others fought for them or for her. But Beau's entrance abruptly changed things. She pressed her ears and her eyes held relief but still that anger at the circumstance.

The anger was not for Beau. He had done a reasonable thing. More than half the pack would of been slaughtered if he didn't do what he did. But this pack of barbarians, they were the ones on the receiving end of fury from the girl. Small as she was, she was still capable of protecting everyone who stood behind her. She was like Beau in that way.

She stood the moment Nolan was taken from her and when Artorias moved away. She nodded to him. Then her face turned to Beau and Haydee. "I refuse to stand idly by while barbarians rip family's apart and go around threatening babies Daddy. It isn't what we stand for, we protect those that can't protect themselves, remember?" she wasn't mad. But not seeking to stop a pack of bullies was wrong. Being raided for resources before had been one thing, but this was different. Nothing about this sat right with her.

Then Tan dropped a bomb and her face balked. Button was missing?! How could she have been so careless?! It had been her job to make sure Nolan had gotten here safely yeah, but still Tanelan and the babies were also her job. She looked at those around. She was level headed, fearless and protective. Its why Beau had trusted her, regardless of her ability to stealth around. "I... I'll go back and see if I can track button down. I'll be in and out promise. Retrieval nothing else. I'll even take Trill and Blind with me." here eyes looked to Beau on this one. A silent apology for being so stupid there. And a silent plea for him to understand that she needed to do this, to make sure button was safe. He was her brother, and Tan was obviously not feeling good.

"Talk"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I cant be anybody else! The Shimmering Shore 12:55 AM, 03-20-2024 01:28 PM, 05-12-2024