gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
03-21-2024, 08:06 PM

Aurelia stood amidst the comforting confines of the healers' den in the Polar Sound, a sanctuary of her’s that she had restored seasons ago, and was absolutely elated to be able to return to. The air was heavy with the heady scent of incense and smoldering cannabis, tendrils of fragrant smoke curling lazily around her as she worked diligently at her makeshift workstation. A soft glow emanated from the flickering candles scattered around the hollow space, casting warm shadows against the earthy walls. It was just as she had left it- including the stock she had collected before they moved for the first time. Or at least, what she hadn’t been able to take with her.

In the center of the room, on a large, flat rock next to the herb stores, she busily ground several herbs into a fine powder. Kava, Lavender, Chamomile, and Valerian all blended together in this state, barely recognizable. However, it was always useful to have a ready-made sedative just in case it was needed. She hummed tunelessly to herself, a steady rhythm that seemed to harmonize with the ever-present whistling of the Polar Sound's biting winds outside. It was cold, yes. But it was good to be back in the north.

"Aurelia Veratti"

Caedes

"Devil has my ear today, I'll never hear a word you say."

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualRapid Poster - Gold1K
03-21-2024, 08:26 PM

As Caedes wandered past Aurelia's den, the familiar aroma of medicinal herbs and soothing incense greeted him like an old friend. His emerald eyes were drawn towards the entrance, where Aurelia diligently worked at her workstation, bathed in the soft glow of candlelight that played across her features, creating dancing shadows there.

Intrigued, Caedes silently approached, observing Aurelia's skilled hands(paws) as she expertly ground a mixture of herbs into a fine powder. Kava, lavender, chamomile, and valerian blended seamlessly under her practiced touch. Caedes tilted his skull, feeling a bit curious, prompting him to announce his presence with a gentle thud of his tail against the entryway wall.

"Do you mind if I join you, as a somewhat overgrown student?" Caedes inquired, lingering in the doorway, his gaze fixed on Aurelia with genuine interest in place of stoicism.

"speaking"

Caedes is a mature character, viewer discretion is advised.
Unless otherwise stated, assume he is not wearing his feathered skull mask.

Aurelia

Somnium

Master Intellectual (246)

Master Healer (245)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

An icon representing the specialty Cosmetologist Cosmetologist

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
03-21-2024, 08:32 PM

Aurelia was so deep in her work that she didn't feel Caedes' presence until he thudded his tail against the entryway wall. Startled out of her focus, the small wolf looked up and blinked her blue eyes at him. She allowed herself a clearing breath before she gifted him a warm, welcoming smile. "By all means," Aurelia moved to the side of her workstation to create room for the larger wolf. "I was just preparing a mixture for a sedative." Her paws gracefully moved back to the flat rock, resuming their rhythmic grinding of the herbs into a fine powder. After a few repetitive motions of pressing the plant matter into the stone, she cast a sideways glance. “Do you recognize what I have here?” Aurelia quizzed, allowing a hesitance to linger in order to allow him the opportunity answer.

"Aurelia Veratti"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-21-2024, 08:41 PM

Aurelia was so engrossed in her task that Caedes' presence startled her, drawing her attention before she offered him a warm smile. She beckoned him forward, to which the dire brute obeyed; coming to seat himself at the workstation and the space she had offered.

As Aurelia resumed her rhythmic grinding of the herbs into a fine powder, Caedes observed with keen interest. After a few moments of silence, she cast a sideways glance at him, her question hanging in the air. Caedes leaned in closer, emerald gaze studying the assortment of herbs she was working with. He nodded thoughtfully, recognizing the familiar scents as she ground them into a fine powder. "Yes." The brute replied, his voice low and measured. "Kava. Lavender. Chamomile. Valerian." He listed off each herb, his knowledge evident in the confidence of his tone. But what would her method of application be?

"speaking"

Aurelia

Somnium

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
03-21-2024, 08:50 PM

Aurelia's ears perked up, her head tilting slightly as Caedes spoke with confidence., her grin widening as he correctly listed off the herbs. She gave a single nod of approval, her tail swishing lightly on the ground behind her like a contented cat. "Very good," she commended. As the last of the herbs were ground into a fine powder, Aurelia pushed the mixture to the side of the rock and started to clean off the remaining residue from her pestle with gentle strokes. "Now, tell me," she began, her voice sounding gentle yet commanding, like the whisper of the northern winds through tall trees. "Do you know how to properly administer this sedative? It is not as simple as force-feeding it down one’s throat." She raised an eyebrow expectantly, waiting for Caedes' response as she carefully watched his every move.

"Aurelia Veratti"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-21-2024, 08:59 PM

Caedes regarded Aurelia with a thoughtful expression, nodding in acknowledgment of her question, a glint of confidence shining in his emerald eyes. "I am familiar with some methods for sedatives," He replied, his voice calm and assured. "The individual's condition, dosage, and the method of delivery are important." Caedes spoke with a precision born from his years of experience, but it left room for her to interject. He had wanted to be a student, afterall. Always room to learn. His gaze lifted to her own, a calculative expression there on his scarred face. "Typically, a sedative like this would be administered orally, either in liquid form or mixed with food," He explained, his gaze never wavering from Aurelia's. "Unless you have another way I might not be familiar with?" Caedes paused for a moment, allowing his question to hang in the air.

"speaking"

Aurelia

Somnium

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
03-21-2024, 09:16 PM

Aurelia listened attentively as Caedes spoke, his calm assurance an unspoken testament to his knowledge. His understanding of the matter was clear, and yet, there was a humility present that intrigued her. Her gaze, intense as it was gentle, never strayed away from him. As he finished speaking, Aurelia nodded approvingly, "You are right," she began slowly, her voice echoing softly against the quiet hum in the enclosed space around them. "This mixture is generally administered orally in liquid form or mixed with food for varying degrees of potency. However..." her voice trailed off as she retrieved a small empty clay container- one she generally stored snake venom in, but felt it would be a good way to store her premade solute. “In times of a willing- or unresponsive, at the very least- participant, the mixture can be rubbed directly into the gums and under the tongue.” she explained, her gaze once again finding Caedes'.

"This method allows for quicker absorption and is particularly useful when dealing with an individual who is unwilling or unable to ingest the mixture orally." Her voice held a note of excitement; it was clear that the prospect of collaborating held a peculiar satisfaction for her. "In more urgent situations- or hostile for that matter, it could be administered directly via a wound or open cut." She paused, allowing the gravity of the latter method to sink in. "Although that would require carefully measuring the dosage to ensure it doesn't lead to an overdose." The weight of their words hung in the air, punctuated only by the sound of each other’s breath and the flicker of candlelight. After a few moments of hesitance, she continued with an amused smirk tugging at the corner of her lips. “Though, in the scheme of things, I suppose overdosing on sedatives wouldn’t be a terrible way to go.” She finished, returning her attention to gathering the powder in its container.

"Aurelia Veratti"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-21-2024, 09:32 PM

Caedes absorbed Aurelia's words with acute interest, his gaze locked onto her as she elaborated on the various methods of administering the sedative. The method she explained had never been one he’d practice. Her explanations were thorough and insightful, and he nodded in agreement as she spoke, impressed by her ability to adapt traditional practices to suit different scenarios.

When Aurelia mentioned the possibility of administering the sedative directly via a wound or open cut, Caedes's brow furrowed slightly in contemplation. It was a method he had considered before but had yet to explore in depth. Her cautionary reminder about the importance of carefully measuring the dosage was a big reason why – usually if something was on the end of a weapon it was poison to kill, not sedate. But it was a challenge he thought about eagerly pursuing.

Despite the morbid gravity of their discussion, a hint of amusement flickered in Aurelia's smirk, drawing a half grin to Caedes's own lips. "Indeed, quite the peaceful exit," Caedes replied, his tone echoing Aurelia's amusement. "But my choice of poison would be Hell’s Bells." He cocked his skull to the side, gauging her reaction to his admittance of the horrible toxin.

Caedes watched as Aurelia skillfully completed her task of putting the power in the container, his voice rumbling up again as he stood. "You have quite the talent for this,” A simple remark, a hint of admiration in his voice. "It's impressive to see you work, rather than be on the receiving end."

"speaking"

Aurelia

Somnium

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
03-21-2024, 09:42 PM

Aurelia noticed the furrowed brow, a small smirk playing on her lips as she filled up the clay container with the ground herbs. "That method has not been widely explored due to its potential risks," she elaborated further, glancing up towards Caedes momentarily, her eyes reflecting the candlelight in their depths. "However, in certain pressing situations, it may be the only option one has." She finished packing the herbs into the container and sealed it with a cork stopper, rolling it absentmindedly between her palms as she thought. "Of course," Aurelia continued after a moment, her gaze settling back onto Caedes again, "this isn't something I would ever recommend without a deep understanding of the individual current health state, as well as their tolerance to such substances. The last thing we want is to cause more harm than good." Her gaze intensified slightly a moment before relaxing once more into a more amused state. “Unless of course that is exactly what you want to do.”

Aurelia couldn't help but laugh lightly at Caedes' choice of poison. "Hell's bells," she mused, a hint of mischief dancing in her eyes. "quite dramatic and no less painful, I must say." She carefully sealed the clay container, her movements precise and practiced. Her laughter dissipated into a soft smile as Caedes expressed his admiration for her work. "Your appreciation warms my heart," she replied, setting the container down on the table between them. "But it is far more satisfying to see someone use my work effectively rather than succumbing to it."

"Aurelia Veratti"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-21-2024, 10:02 PM

He nodded in agreement as Aurelia emphasized the importance of caution and understanding when dealing with such potent substances. He made sure to store the information away in his mind, contemplating some future experiments involving knives with sedative powdered edges. "I must admit, the risks are part of what makes it so intriguing," Caedes remarked, his tone thoughtful as he watched Aurelia seal the container with practiced precision.

Caedes observed Aurelia's reaction with a mixture of amusement, his own smirk widening slightly as she spoke. Her words danced with a playful tone, but beneath the jest was an understanding of their craft. A shared macabre mindset. "I have my reasons for choosing Hell's bells, dramatic and all. An experiment before the end, if you will." Caedes replied with a chuckle, his eyes glinting with a hint of mischief.

As Aurelia expressed her gratitude for his admiration, Caedes's expression hardened a touch, but a genuine warmth in his gaze remained. "The pleasure is mine, Aurelia," He said sincerely, reaching out to lightly touch the workstation with his paw. "It was a privilege." His final words before he turned with a nod and stepped out of her den.

"speaking"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Smoke for the Soul The Polar Sound 08:06 PM, 03-21-2024 06:09 AM, 03-23-2024