build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

Wordy1KRaiderDream WeaverTeacherStudent
Double MasterSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
04-07-2024, 01:46 AM
[OOC: After Ashen disbands]

Had she been paying attention, it would have been evident from quite a ways off that all was not well with Ashen. Trails that had been well worn just a few short months ago now lay faint and faded. Just like around the Cedar Falls, it was evident there had been a pack here... had.

On their way back from their short vacation, they were in the area anyway, so Modesty thought to try and surprise Jael with something that was not chickens, but could still give her the eggs she was after. She was hopeful her Uncle would be able to provide her with some, partially tamed, or even eggs to try and hatch, Modesty certainly hadn't expected to stumble on... this.

Her first instinct was to worry, Ashen had seemed eternal, stretched back beyond her living memory. Ashen had always existed, and yet.. Maybe they had just moved? But she would have heard if that were the case, surely. Deluge was nosey enough and personable enough that not much missed her ear. “We should look around, see if we can figure out what happened here...” She suggested to Gilgamesh. Things seemed too ordered for it to have been the same as whatever had happened to Norad, so far.

“Speech.”

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (870)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
04-14-2024, 08:31 AM

Gilgamesh was happy to continue their little vacation. Following Modesty to go fetch Jael some fowl, his own eyes widen as they stop on Ashen's doorstep. Well, it wasn't a doorstep anymore. Without wolves to keep the borders fresh, the scent had vanished quickly. The signs were there that wolves had been here fairly recently, but it as no longer their home.

Modesty's words have him tilting his head a bit. "Couldn't we just send Erish out to search for them?" He inquires but his paws move him forward anyway. Spreading a bit from Modesty, he noses along the once border. "I can't see them ever giving up to just anyone so something must've happened. Would there be another pack they'd go to?" Gil questions as he continues deeper into the ravine.

Speech

coded by NachoMumma

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

04-17-2024, 12:34 AM

Modesty blinked at Gilgamesh's suggestion. She supposed it did make sense to send the birds out, didn't it? She gave a nod, "Moo can go too, they'll cover more ground together..." as for where they could have gone, Ashen had no shortage of allies. "Were it Venom I would say Armada, but I can't see Uncle Chi stomaching assistance from Sirius any better than you might. The Hallows is closest, but I'm sure they had other allies too. He'd want to go somewhere his family felt welcome, and I'm not sure how they would fit with the lofty rules of castletown," She allowed a smirk to pull at her lips, recalling Gilgamesh's nickname for the pack. "I'm sure they'll surface soon, or someone will know what has happened and we'll hear about it." They had plenty of personable scouts that stumbled across the strangest information.

The trees here really were something else though, and the steep-sloped sides of the ravine weren't exactly the easiest to traverse if you weren't paying attention. There was an almost open path between the trees, and having seen Deluge and Dreads treehouse in person, she could almost overlay the design over what was before them now. "There's grazing land nearby here no?" Her eyes twinkled with inspiration. "How do you feel about taking to the trees?"

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
04-17-2024, 07:39 PM

Gil listens to Modesty and nods in agreement. "They'll definitely be able to search far faster than we ever could," he muses as he paws at a patch of dirt that appeared to be recently overturned. Her next comment forces a chuckle out of him, a slight shake of his head. "The Warlord needs more help than he could ever give out," the words spill from his lips faster than he can register he's said them, but he won't take them back. His distaste for Sirius is obvious. "I don't know much of Elysium, but they might have connections," Gil adds wondering if Deluge would have more insight. The girl did seem to favor lurking around their lands more than he felt was comfortable.

Continuing to wander down the ravine, Gil enjoys the companionable silence with Modesty. It feels like old times for a moment. Just the two of them, nowhere to go, nowhere to be, just being together. He nearly feels a weight lifted from his chest. Almost missing her first question, his head lifts as he registers her second question. A knowing smile crosses his lips as he steps toward Modesty. "You'll have to teach me how to climb and maybe not fall out and onto someone?" Gil teases knowing that Modesty would know what he meant.

Speech

coded by NachoMumma

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

04-28-2024, 12:41 AM

Modesty canted her head in acknowledgement of Gil's comment regarding the possibility that Chi might have gone to Elysium. She really needed to sure up that gap in her knowledge of the other packs, but it could come once they had chosen a place to settle into properly.

When he bought up their first meeting she chuckled. "While I trust you'll always be there to catch me, I was thinking something more along the lines of Deluge and Dread's treehouse, with stairs, to save the climbing and give us something level to sit on." Sure it'd need a bit of modification to make it safe for pups, but under the sturdy trunks of these well-established trees there were no shortage of places suitable to build dens either.

She seemed to remember her uncle claiming the Island to the south of here, but there was also a ready supply of birds to the west. That would address Jael's diversification concerns and offer Ken some new crafting material to boot. "It's got plenty of potential... I just wish I knew why Ashen left..."

"speech"

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
05-02-2024, 04:42 AM

He smiles because that memory is fond. How crazy was it for a girl to just literally fall into your lap one day and she actually be the love of your life? Gil still didn't quite understand how he landed such a beauty, but he wasn't going to let her go either. Not then, not now. "A treehouse would be interesting," he mentions, looking up to the canopy shading them from the blaring sun. Still unsure why Dread and Deluge enjoyed being above the ground like that. Maybe it was an Armada thing. But if Modesty wanted it, Modesty would get it. He really had no preference.

"I think it's perfect for what you've been looking for. No buildings to coop anyone up, plenty of grazing land if we stretch to the moor, and all those damn birds for Jael. Why hesitate? Your uncle liked it for a reason so it must've been a good one," Gil moves over to where Modesty is to rest his nose against her cheek, giving her small lick to her muzzle. "If you're so worried about them leaving, send a bird or go find himself," his words are quiet, but he's serious. Family meant a lot to Modesty, that much he understood.

Speech

coded by NachoMumma

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

05-05-2024, 08:07 PM

Gilgamesh was right, there was no reason to hesitate. After all, it had been their plan all along to find more land for the animals, for their pack, and it was a whole lot easier than potentially laying to siege Avalon for their orchard and barn when they could build their own right here. The ruins of a wall lay along the Moor, stretching to the perilous steep slopes of the Redwater rocks to the north and it would be far easier to repair what was already there than to build anew.

Dread had proven himself a capable carpenter in constructing the treehouse on Dove Island, and she was sure if she asked, he would erect their own barn, if it ever got cold enough to need it this close to where the seasons crossed over on the northern and southern continent. As far as latitude went, they were no closer or further away than the islands. They wouldn't freeze, and this close to the Hallows, with the leadership open to talks, she was sure they wouldn't necessarily need to plant their own orchard when they had the option to trade, should Ken continue to insist their alcohol was missing something.

"You're right," They weren't words she said to Gil often, and she offered him a knowing smirk when she said so. "Let's do it," She nodded and smiled, there would be time to track down her uncle once the dust of the move had settled (if only she knew what was coming).

"speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. All the years and no one heard Cryer's Ravine 01:46 AM, 04-07-2024 07:18 AM, 05-07-2024