ardent

Fuggin' Fantastic!

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
02-06-2024, 12:57 AM

Oh fuck it was a bad idea to come here! Auster was wet and soggy and cold! What a time to go searching for her missing kid! She seriously doubted her child was down here in this weather. She had climbed the trails and ridges in search of shelter and had finally found it in a crevice that, honestly, she was glad she had found! There was a giant bone peeking through the dry dirt, but it was far too big to take home and far too much work to try and dig out. So instead, she had Umbra and Nox go find some dry wood or something to start a fire. They had been out for a while, but eventually they both did come back with kindling and some fire wood. Umbra got to starting the fire as Medusa watched the water pour over the mouth of the hollowed ridge she had taken shelter in. The dirt inside was dry enough, but was it safe enough? Should someone decide to come along and attack her, she would be backed into a corner and forced to fight. Something she'd gladly do if she had to, and hey! Maybe she'd get a fresh new coat out of it. Wouldn't that be something? Sighing, she returned to the others as the fire roared to life, settling down beside it to warm herself.

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Eltrys

Polaris
Chief

Expert Fighter (235)

Master Intellectual (290)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
02-16-2024, 10:02 PM

"Speech"

After his time on the Shimmering Shore and enjoying a quiet conversation with the woman Bramble, Eltrys was intrigued to explore more of this new land he had come upon. Determined to explore each place, he wanted to get to know every nook and cranny before settling down. This was a life he didn't think he'd ever get.

But this was a terrible vacation. Other than the pleasant night after the windsome storm of the shimmering shore, he again found himself in the middle of a deluge. He couldn't comprehend how on earth he was supposed to see anything with all this rain in his icy blue eyes.

Eltrys slunk over the ridges and pressed himself against the walls but to no avail, he couldn't find a ridge overhanging enough to keep him dry.

Then he spied a strange sight. A badger and an interesting colored cougar worked together to find something that looked like kindling and firewood. He followed their movements with his eyes and pressed his mud-colored fur into the mud-colored bank. When they disappeared around another ridge he broke his camouflage and tailed them to the perfect dry hideout.

Carefully he approached, not looking for a meal, no one would want to face off against both a cougar and a badger, but hopefully, they wouldn't mind sharing the dry spot with him too. The rain masked any other scents coming toward him.

"Got any room for another?" He asked politely before he poked his head inside and saw that it was occupied by another massive wolf, like his friend Bramble.
"Oh! Pardon! Do you think there's space?" He didn't want to intrude. He wondered if he stayed in this land long enough would he ever get another inch or two himself?

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
03-04-2024, 11:59 PM

Ugh. She'd simply have to wait for the rain to pass before she went anywhere! She usually didn't mind the bad weather, but all of Auster seemed to be forever stuck with a downpour! At least, that's what it seemed like the few days she was here. R.I.P, she'd just have to wait this out. At least she had a nice fire to keep herself warm, so she was grateful for that at least. She faced the opening to the shallow dry spot she had found, mindlessly watching as water cascaded over its mouth, the water that hit the ground did little to deter her as the tiny droplets sizzled and evaporated as soon as they hit the fire. The glow of the fire lit up the wall behind her, casting their shadows all around them as they waited out the storm. Medusa felt herself drifting off, but she barely closed her eyes before her ears twitched at the sound of Umbra's rumbling growl.

Her eyes flew open again as her attention turned to the opening, spotting a brown head poking in, asking if there was room for another. She blinked a couple of times, who in their right mind would be out here in this weather!? This guy was crazy! Oh wait...that's right...she was also out here, wasn't she? Stuck in this spot until the heavens ceased fire. "Medusa does not mind if the stranger doesn't," She patted the ground with a white painted paw as she allowed him to join her.

"Speech"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Eltrys

Polaris
Chief

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
03-12-2024, 05:07 PM

The stranger patted a painted paw on the dirt beside her, saying that a Medusa wouldn't mind. Blue stark eyes glanced at the cougar and wondered if she was referring to the big cat, the badger, or herself in a strange way.

Before entering the hollow he shook his shaggy mane down to his tail tip as hard as he could, hopefully to shake most of the water off before slinking inside so he could keep from getting anyone else wet. The fire was warm and dried the last few droplets clinging to his dark fur. He sighed contentedly, half closing his eyes against the warmth but keeping his new companions within sight.

"Thank you." He granted with his next breath, "The caves of my home would have granted us better warmth, but I am truly grateful for your hospitality. I am Eltrys, you mentioned Medusa? Is that you?" He turned to the mighty cat.

"Speech"

Medusa

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

04-11-2024, 01:06 AM

The soon to be not stranger stepped into the warmth of the fire and the shallow cave she had found. While it was crowded as it was, she didn't mind it. She glanced between him and Umbra for a moment, who only fixed him with an unwavering stare. The cougar huffed before lying down, watching him. The male briefly mentioned that the caves of his home would be far more suitable, causing Medusa's ears to perk up with interest. But before she could ask anything about them, he'd introduce himself as Eltrys. When he asked about Medusa, her lips quirked up in a grin. "Medusa is Medusa! She is me!" She chirped with far too much enthusiasm as she sat up and poked a stick into the fire. "They are Umbra, Nox, and Seymour,"

Seymour, as if spawning in with the mere mention of his name, flew in and haphazardly landed on the ground, quickly trying to fold his wings within the small space so as not to smack anyone with them before shaking off as much water as he could and made his way to the fire pit. Medusa grinned again at Seymour's arrival, and then returned her attention to Eltrys. "Why was Eltrys out in the storm? It's not like this where Medusa is from, it got her by surprise..." And she hated every minute of it!

speech
code by Cloudy; art by Cloudy

Eltrys

Polaris
Chief

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

04-12-2024, 09:57 PM

"Speech"

He remarked to himself how fascinating her way of speaking was. Referring to herself as if her name was a separate entity.

As she mentioned Umbra, Nox, and Seymour he nodded to each in turn, watching the massive vulture appear and settling himself by the fire. Quite a cast of companions he noted. He couldn't say he had ever been this close to any of these creatures before. But he had not had a lot of opportunities to explore the world before.

"I was exploring. I had never been to these lands before. I'd like to know more about them, where is it you are from?" He asked cordially.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Fuggin' Fantastic! Fossil Ridge 12:57 AM, 02-06-2024 01:06 PM, 07-16-2024