Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
04-07-2024, 09:58 PM
Bellatrix Ravenwood

Trixy moved from her old home, frank at her heel. A smile played on her lips as the sight of the castle came into her sights. She knew alliances would need to be made eventually but for now she knew what she sought. She needed to learn about the packs, make friends and get some heavy names to back her in her overall goal and campaign. She was still searching for Button but right now a stop was to be made.

Artorias had seemed ready to explode when he learned of the night the barbarians took over Norad. But now she needed to see if the man was willing to perhaps listen and help her. She wasn't afraid to stand up to a bully, never had been. She was going to show that band of barbarians who she really was. She'd agreed Beauregard had done the right thing that night but now it was her turn to show who Norad was to the world. She promised to protect those that lived there, and she sought to keep that promise.

She stopped at the borders with the castle in the background. The sun was setting and she was ready to officially meet the man who ruled the castle and beyond. She tilted her head back and loosed a howl for the man. She was aware others might come but she was mostly seeking Artorias. She lowered her hips to the ground and tucked her paws in tight as she kept her head held high. Nothing about this scared her. Frank with their bags on his back was standing close watching on as she made her first steps into taking back Norad.

"Talk"
Say come on and show the world who you really are

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
04-07-2024, 10:35 PM

The aftermath of the fall of Norad had been busy for the Hallows. Ethne had taken on the care of the refugees, but it had been the Carpathians that had focused on keeping track of the Syndicate, keeping their moves in check while they had taken residence in Auster. And when the scoundrels moved out back to Boreas one day, their focus shifted instead to securing their borders and strengthening up their forces. The raid with Heiðinn had helped Artorias to assess his warriors' combat prowess and identify any areas that needed honing before they even considered a confrontation with the Syndicate again, but the Lord of Cinder was feeling confident in his Knights' strengths.

Artorias was wrapping up a sparring lesson for the younger generation of Knights out in the training yard when a call was sounded for him in a familiar voice. Ears perked, head tipped, he recognized the young girl that called to him. An intrigued look crossed his face as he sheathed his sword and left the warriors to continue their training, then moved out to greet his guest. He found Bellatrix waiting for him at the eastern borders, right between where the Hallows used to neighbor Norad. A bittersweet smile touched his lips. He recalled her fiery determination to confront the Syndicate that fateful night Norad had fallen, recalled how ready she had been to stand up and fight for all the right reasons. To see the smaller wolf here and seemingly in good spirits did his heavy heart some good. Hopefully she wasn't intimidated by his size or a giant wolf with a sword coming to greet her.

Approaching the diminutive galactic girl with a polite dip of his head to her, Artorias came to a stop to seat himself on his haunches across from Bellatrix, studying the bags with her and her companion with a curiosity in his gold-flecked gaze. "I remember you well, brave altruist," he greeted her with a half smile. "Welcome to the Hallows, Bellatrix Ravenwood. I'm Artorias Carpathius, the Lord of Cinder." They had met before, but he hadn't had the chance to properly introduce himself during the chaos. "Looks to me like you're heading somewhere with a purpose," he stated, gesturing with a tip of his nose to the bags on the reindeer's back. Art was deeply curious about what Bella was up to, and whether she needed his help getting whatever it was done.

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Bellatrix

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Advanced Hunter (65)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
04-07-2024, 10:54 PM
Bellatrix Ravenwood

She seemed to not have to wait long for the familiar visage of Artorias to show up. Cordial and politely he greeted the girl. She gave him a smile as she dipped her head in greeting to him. If he thought a big guy was gonna make her back down well he was wrong. Even if they had her outnumbered Bellatrix was always filled with courage.

[colo=#b767e5]"Pleasure to officially meet you Lord Artorias. And yes indeed I am heading somewhere. Though I figured I would see if maybe I would find an alliance in my endeavors in you and yours."[/color] she kept her voice as even as she could though that fire from the night Norad had fallen was still there in her heart.

She pressed on keeping herself where she sat keeping her hopes for this meeting high. "My most important part of business is to find one of my siblings, they went missing the night those barbarians took our home. But what I was hoping to accomplish in my endeavors is to raise Norad once more, and to seek to find those scoundrels and make them aware I wont stand idly by while they bully their way across Ardent. I was hoping the hallows might stand with me in this endeavor." she fixed him with that determined gaze. She wasn't going to be talked out of this. But she also wasn't so stupid as to think she would be able to stand against that pack alone. She was going to need friends. And where better to start than to start with Artorias, seeing as the man had known Norad originally and hopefully he could see the Norad she sought to raise.

"Talk"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
04-07-2024, 11:54 PM
Though she was young, Bellatrix is well composed and well spoken. Artorias is impressed by the smaller girl's eloquence and inspired by her determination. She sought vengeance for her family and the rebuilding of her home. Noble pursuits, he could agree to that, but a much more monumental task than she likely realized. Raising Norad required more than just the ability to reform the pack and bring her family back into the fold. She would need to secure it and defend it better than Beauregard had, and with the Syndicate still on the prowl, she might always be in danger of a resurgence attack. She was right about one thing—she would need friends and allies she could count on if she was planning on taking the fight to the Syndicate. Artorias could see the fire in her eyes though; she was determined to see this through no matter the stakes.

After listening intently to what Bella had to say, Artorias would simply nod his head and motion with his head for her to follow him. "Come, Bellatrix. Take a walk with me." Rising back to his paws, Artorias began a leisurely stroll along the borders of the Hallows that surrounded the castle, the rolling plains of his home, and the vast sea shining in the setting sunlight. "You have heart, Bella. You have a fire inside of you that I recognize. You remind me of my own daughter," he began with a warm smile, bright eyes that matched the sunset looking back down at the little Ravenwood girl. He hoped Beauregard was proud of her gumption. "I will ask my wolves to keep an eye out for your sibling if you don't mind giving me a description of who to look for. As for your request..." Artorias' words drifted off with a pensive sigh, his gaze turning out over the fields around them while he contemplated.

"It's a heavy and dangerous job being a leader, Bellatrix. You're responsible not only for your life, but the lives of all the wolves that follow you too. You have to make decisions and judgments that affect others and you have to make them the best you can. I am responsible for all the wolves in the Hallows, meaning I am also responsible for their safety first and foremost." Artorias slowed his gait so he could look down at Bellatrix once more, his gaze soft, but severe. He wanted her to understand the depth of what she was asking, what she was seeking to do. "The wolves that took your home, they are vicious and ruthless. They show no mercy and have no care for the sanctity of life. Choosing to make enemies of these wolves is not a decision to take lightly..." A pause as the older brute took a slow breath in, held it, and released it in a sigh. "Your cause is noble. Fighting for the protection of others and justice is always a valiant effort. But are you prepared for what it might cost you and the ones you love? How much are you willing to sacrifice to rebuild your home and to seek your vengeance?" If Bellatrix was serious about her desires and her goals, Artorias needed to hear it from her now. Then he would give her his response to her request.

"Artorias" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Bellatrix

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Advanced Hunter (65)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
04-08-2024, 12:32 AM
Bellatrix Ravenwood

He invited her to walk with him and she stood, Frank on her heels. She moved swiftly and with the grace of a yearling who played princess one too many times. Now they were going to get down to discussing things seriously. He asked for Button's description and trixy gave him the best description she could think of. "She's about this tall, cream and slate with stripes. She looks alit like if you threw my dad's together and mashed their pelts together. And thank you for keeping your eyes out for her, I fear they took her too." she lifted her paw to show the round about height of button. She moved to catch up after she was sure Artorias had seen as well. Her fear wasn't an invalid one though.

Artorias moved on though speaking with many years of experience and she nodded listening to his every word and taking in his meanings. She kept her eyes mostly forward but did her best to meet his gaze every time she realized he was looking down into her eyes. He mentioned the responsibilities she was working to take on and how it would be hard work, but he was met with that hardened determined gaze of a young woman who had made her mind up. She wouldn't falter in her course. Not for him, and not for anyone else.

If she failed to take this barbarians crown he would have felt her teeth then and he would know she wasn't going to be walked all over. She would fight for those that couldn't and protect her home and family with everything. When the lord of cinders finished she fixed her gaze on him. He would know his own lands and hopefully not think it funny to let her walk into something and make a fool of herself. "These Barbaric assholes stole a baby, threatened the lives of not just him, but of an entire pack. I'll not stand idly by while they destroy everything we know and love. I will die for my cause and to protect my home and those that back me to make certain their evils are vanquished. I'm aware I'm risking my life and I wont let that thought stop me. My father didn't raise a coward, he raised a wolf who would do what needs to be done." she knew she was asking him to risk the lives of his wolves, and she didn't expect him to fight her battles for her. She was going to fight her own battles. "I'm not going to ask you to fight for us, but im asking you if you and yours will stand with me. I need to make sure that band of jerks understand exactly who Bellatrix Ravenwood is." she would then look forward and hope he was of the same mindset as her. But there had been a reason she wasn't going to ask Beau and her family to join her in Norad until she had made it clear to that pack that Norad was not about to just fade away and let them walk all over them.

"Talk"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

04-11-2024, 02:10 PM
Artorias listened attentively as Bellatrix described her missing sister, wanting to make sure he committed every detail to memory should he or his wolves come across the missing child. He nodded his head to confirm he had gotten it all. "Then we will remain alert in case she finds her way back around here." It was all the reassurance he could offer Bellatrix at the time, but sometimes just the comfort of knowing you weren't doing everything on your own made a world of difference.

When he questioned her commitment and how far she was willing to go to see her vision through, Bella did not disappoint or sway in her resolution. The girl had a fire in her eyes, a hunger that he could not discern if it was justice or vengeance she sought—perhaps a bit of both. She listed the crimes of the Syndicate to date, and there were no falsehoods or exaggerations in her claims. She vowed to see her justice through even if it killed her, asserting that she was no coward. Artorias couldn't help but see similarities in her zeal to his own daughter, reflecting on the words Ember had said to him when she'd confronted him after the situation with the Syndicate. Perhaps headstrong, fiery young ladies were just destined to be bred down in Auster.

Bellatrix finished her inspired monologue by asserting that she wasn't asking him or the Hallows to fight with her, just to back her. Artorias nodded his head again, lips tight as he pondered their circumstances. He had been just as zealous at her age—maybe even a little too much so. He'd had many hard reality checks, harsh reminders that he could not save the world all the time. But maybe, just maybe, wolves like him and Bellatrix could make some sort of difference. "The Hallows is very careful to maintain open neutrality with other packs unless there has been direct hostility against us, so I hope you'll understand that unless the Syndicate does something to us or our allies, we cannot be involved in any direct combat," he calmly explained to the young girl, realizing this was quite a heavy subject to share with her. "But we can support your goals of rebuilding and securing a home for your family once more. To those ends, you have the support of the Hallows. If you manage to establish a pack again, we can discuss matters further. But for now, if you need guidance or support in your endeavors, we will do what we can for you, Lady Ravenwood."

It was the best he could offer her for now. Artorias had already made his stance to Sephiran and the Syndicate painfully clear—violence would follow any altercation they chose to levy against the Hallows or their allies. But Artorias still had a responsibility to safeguard his wolves, and that included not marching them straight into open conflict.

"Artorias" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Bellatrix

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Advanced Hunter (65)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
04-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Bellatrix Ravenwood

She stayed at his side, keeping pace with him as best her much shorter legs could. She waited for his decision after she finished speaking. To know they would keep an eye out for Button was definitely a relief. At least she wouldn't be alone in the search for her younger sister.

He took what felt like an eternity to her to make his stance known, though really it was mere moments. She nodded as he said he couldn't get involved unless they did something violent against him or his allies. He also gave herba pack name for them that she tucked away for future knowledge. At least now she had a group name when she was speaking to others for the barbarians.

While they wouldn't be able to aid her in combat and needed to remain neutral to her pack, which she definitely could understand, they would back her efforts to rebuild their home. Perhaps they would be able to one day hold an alliance with the Hallows but for now she could settle with this. "They ransacked our huts, as much as I would love to reclaim cedar falls I feel it is unwise, for now. Would we perhaps be able to discuss a mutually beneficial relationship, a trade agreement of sorts. We will need supplies and I intend to take the god's garden just south of here, there are many herbs and flowers there. Open acceptance of any of yours entering for herbs there in exchange for trade goods such as pelts, leathers and such?" she glanced at him fir his reaction. The gardens were special to her, and she knew that healers needed herbs from there. But would it interest the man? Or would he be against her settling so close to his home?

"Talk"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Worlds collide Amron's Castle 09:58 PM, 04-07-2024 02:56 PM, 05-20-2024