gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Helix0565
04-19-2024, 03:15 PM
It took weeks for Alaric to get to this part of the continent. When he arrived, he was grate for the covering the thick trees and the now wilting grape vines. Winter was approaching after all, the grapes were starting to fall off the vines and litter the graveyard. Curiously, Alaric sniffed at the fermenting fruit on the ground. They smelled...sweet. with a hint of something unfamiliar to him. His ears flickered and he looked around for any signs of a stranger. Nothing yet. Shrugging his shoulders he decided to taste one of the fruits. When the grape popped in his mighty jaws and slid down his throat, a warmth flooded over him. How bizarre. Reluctantly he tried a mouthful more, until his entire body felt warm and free. He felt....very relaxed. A lot more relaxed than he'd been since arriving. He liked this vineyard.

However, the sounds of footsteps and the rustling of foliage made his suddenly perked up. Well, as much as he could. He looked around, his mind slightly swimming from the fruit. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all. He was deciding to walk or not but decided to stay in place. "Who goes there?" He called out, burping shortly after all. Very intimidating, he scolded himself internally.

Mélisande

Loner

Intermediate Intellectual (40)

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player

Pride - Demisexual
04-26-2024, 08:10 PM
m é l i s a n d e

the wind was bleak, nipping at her sides as she hurried through Auster with a brisk trot. galloping over foliage that crunched beneath her tiny paws, marching forward until she arrived at the grapevine. on the search for some grapes, she caught the scent of someone present further ahead. a naturally friendly fae, she was inclined to greet the stranger.
stepping ahead out of the shaded thickets, melisande spotted the large alabaster brute. he was scarred and held contrasting markings of black with beady orange eyes. a fine wolf but his demeanor was questionable. she stood, pausing near him now with a slightly tilted head, denoting her confusion. "A-are you okay sir?" she glanced at him then the squashed bits of grapes that littered beside him. ahh.. wine. "You are intoxicated I presume?" she was mannered with a soft, effeminate voice.

"talk" "think"
table by scarlet/art by nelsa

Alaric

Judilian Band

Master Fighter (360)

Beginner Hunter (0)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Helix0565
04-27-2024, 03:25 AM
Alaric's head swam as the she wolf entered into his line of view. Ah, crap. Not only was he found intoxicated but found by what seemed to be quite the pretty wolf. Stupid man, he scolded internally once more before clearing his throat. He tried to straighten his posture to appear more in control. "I might have...uh...tasted the grapes." He admitted. Alaric wasn't a liar, even when it made him look back he told the truth. Lying was something he despised. "But I assure you, as straight as an arrow!" He went to take a few steps forwards but underestimated just how drunk he was. He stumbled and promptly fell onto the nearest batch of fallen grapes, the juices staining his pelt. Oh, that's just great. He rolled his orange eyes and lifted his head, looking at the dame. "I apologize. This is not my normal, I assure you." He grumbled. Indeed, this definitely was not his normal. The intoxication seemed to make Alaric far more loose and sociable. "I'm Alaric." He finally introduced himself, trying to get back to his feet.

Mélisande

Loner

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player

Pride - Demisexual
04-27-2024, 05:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 05:02 AM by Mélisande. Edited 1 time in total.)
m é l i s a n d e

he was easy to talk to, making her chest heave with soft laughter. catching her off guard and presenting her with a time she didn't  expect to have. her ears swiveled, catching his words as they came while her eyes looked at his cognac pools. she wondered of his whereabouts, and his home.
it's then the male attempted to take a step, but instead tumbles down- urging melisande forward to assist as she aimed to stand near his right side had he allowed her to. he stroked her feathers of maternal tenderness, her warm eyes glinting full of care and compassion. for even a stranger could see the kindness that swelled in her heart. "hey, hey, hey. slow down.." she beckoned him with a soft whisper, her ears flattening with concern as her brows furrowed for a few moments. and still, his own mannerism prevailed, making her dimpled smile seize as her maw, flashing the tips of her fangs in a soft grin. "Yes yes." she spoke with a playfully stern voice, her brows pinching close for a moment. "I believe you." she exhaled with genuine assurance.
he gave forth his name, speaking honestly the entire time; a trait she adored. 'pleasure is mine, Alaric. I am Mélisande.. where is home from here?" her soft voice sailed around him as she came to an elegant sit with an aura full of patience, intending to walk him to his pack.

"talk" "think"

Alaric

Judilian Band

Master Fighter (360)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Helix0565
04-27-2024, 08:48 AM
Alaric felt a surge of a panic that would've made him usually react rudely to the sudden presence of another at his side. It would've made him tense, his instincts telling him to pull away and run. No one is safe, his mind would scream yet the wine seemed make these usual guest appearances void. There wasn't any. However there was a shred of doubt that it was the grapes that had caused this effect. Maybe it was...her. Melisande, she called herself. Her voice soft and concerned. Genuinely concerned. Voice was soothing to him and he choked down any admittance of this to himself. He didn't want to admit just how...safe she seemed make him feel in this vulnerable moment. She could've easily attacked him and he would've been screwed in his current state. Yet, she didn't.

Melisande asked where his home was, to which Alaric let out a defeated sigh. "I have none. A loner, you see." He explained, and allowed himself to relax with her at his side. "I travel a lot." He told her,, taking a moment to let her respond. "Melisande." He uttered, committing it to memory. He could smell he strongly now and could smell a pack upon her pelt. "I take it you're apart of a pack?" He asked for confirmation. It was a hard smell to hide, most pack wolves wore it proudly.

Mélisande

Loner

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player

Pride - Demisexual
05-27-2024, 09:37 PM
m é l i s a n d e

he was a loner? poor thing.. her ears flattened for a moment as she learned this. was he against packs? he was a nomad then? "Alaric. Pleasure to meet you, officially." she offered a soft grin while looking at him closely, scanning over his body to ensure no wounds hid from her sight. he asked of her residence then. "Oh yes. Polaris, formerly known as Ethne." she hummed, delighted to share her home with others. her tail nub wagged slightly, coming up with ideas. "Alaric.. why don't you come with me to Polaris? We're all family by bond, not just blood. My former ruler is a wondrous one; she is kind, sweet and justly." soon, she felt her words sound too excited to pursuade him. she remembered to leave respective room for his own judgment. "Of course only if you want to." she offered another smile with eyes that glistened silent, flaring hope.

"talk" "think"

Alaric

Judilian Band

Master Fighter (360)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Helix0565
05-28-2024, 07:43 PM
Alaric listened as the she wolf spoke. Although when she spoke of her pack, he could tell how much the pack meant to her. However, when she suggested that Alaric join the pack, he visibly reeled way from her. He listened as she described the pack and it's leader. Justly. The words made resentment boil in his veins. No leader was just not mind, in his eyes. He'd yet to see a ruler for for their throne. They were all corrupt bastards in his eyes. Yet his tongue betrayed him. He couldn't be compelled to let such vile words slip out and sour the conversation. He swallowed the venom down, his hellfire eyes looked into the woman's red ones. "I'll make you an offer, Mesiliende." He began, clearing his throat. "Show me how just this leader of yours is." He paused, letting it sink in. "If they are as just as you proclaim, I might consider joining your pack." He was highly skeptical of the concept of joining a pack. Though, he suppose it would be more beneficial than surviving alone. Especially with winter coming into the lands.