An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-04-2024, 08:44 PM
When Sen stretched up to push against his shoulder, Wylan wrapped both wings around him. Cocooning him against the taller wolf for a moment. “How about as soon as you know the territory?” He suggested easily as he released his wings hold.  He waited for Sen to hop back down before leading the smaller wolf along the beach. “The roped off areas are arenas for fight training” he explained as they walked. They were just a simple roped off area, so the water could wash under it and clean the sand. 

“And here's the huts, the little building at the end is the smokehouse for drying meat” he explained as he came to a stop along the first fishing hunt. The scent of seafood hitting them.
[Image: lQqyuza.png]
As his 'companion' Krakarak may enter any of Wylan's threads without warning

Seneca

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

WordyRapid Poster - Silver
05-04-2024, 09:05 PM
Seneca laughed as he found himself covered by his friend's wings, blinking up in the mild darkness. He suggested to have a rematch when Sen was more familiar with his new home, and he nodded as he was released from the cocoon. "Deal!" His paws touched back to sand and he walked along with Wyl. He noted the training area. He might have to sneak down here when there was training going on to watch and maybe learn a thing or two.

The smell of seafood wafted over them, and Sen lifted his head to breathe in deep. It was a familiar and lovely scent. There was a smokehouse, too? His mouth started to water at the thought of smoked fish. He looked down at all the huts, getting familiar with them. He would hopefully be spending a lot of time here. "Whats your favorite kinda fish, Wyl?"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

Master Intellectual (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-05-2024, 05:19 PM

Wylan ducked his head into the first fishing hut, and looked at the equipment inside. “So.. did you wanna do some fishing or something?” he suggested, wrinkling his nose at the scent of fish.

Hmm… he considered the question for a moment, and then grinned, glancing over at Seneca. “Does a jellyfish count?” he asked, voice light and teasing. “One touched my leg once and I jumped like… ten feet in the air.” he was quite happy to laugh at himself, and when he’d realised the jellyfish was dead, he had pulled it out of the water and examined it. Weird creature that it was.

"Wylan Fatalis"

Seneca

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

05-05-2024, 05:49 PM
He followed Wylan inside the hut, and caught the mild expression of disgust. He snorted and shook his head, not wanting to put his friend through something he obviously didn't like. "Nah, another time - we still got the hot springs to see!" One day he'd have to drag Wylan out here to fish, maybe he'd like it eventually. When he told the story of the jellyfish, Sen laughed and shook his head again. "I prolly would have done that too - they feel weird! And some can be super dangerous, but most just hurt like heck."

He looked over the fishing equipment, satisfied with what Armada had. He would absolutely be coming back to tinker around. "Ready for the springs?" He wouldn't make Wyl stay where he was uncomfortable.

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-05-2024, 06:37 PM

If there was one thing Wylan could be counted on, it was excitement to be moving. He grinned, straightening up a little as he backed out of the hut and shook off any last remnants of the fish smell. “Spring’s it is!” He agreed, “I didn’t realise jellyfish could be dangerous” he added as he led the way back up the beach. Taking the path their paws had left in the sand.

“Lets uhh… go around the market” he suggested, the guard that had yelled at him recently might have more to say if they walked back that way. With that in mind, he led Seneca up through the training den, passed the tools of war, and back into the territory of the Col. “The storage rooms are on the left of the cave, springs on the right” he explained, the scent of heated water already reaching them.

"Wylan Fatalis"

Seneca

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

05-05-2024, 06:49 PM
"They can sting ya... And sometimes that's not so good." He grimaced, thinking of the one time someone in his home pack had been stung by a really weird one. When Wyl suggested to go around the Market, he snickered. There was a good chance that he should probably avoid that area for a bit too, even though he had probably been less noticeable. He looked around as they walked, noting just how many ways there was to get around.

He nodded as Wyl explained where the storage rooms were. Hopefully he would be contributing to it soon! He steps quickened as they got closer to the springs, excited to see them. "How often to you come here?" He wanted to try and see what was considered normal - he didn't wanna come too often and draw attention.

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (120)

Master Intellectual (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

LegendaryPride - DemisexualWordy
05-05-2024, 07:03 PM

Finally! Ignita was feeling well enough to get back to her duties, Ollie cleared her the day before to get back to work and she was more than grateful to be busy again.

She was surprised that some of the wreckage from her accident had been cleared out but no one had bothered to keep up her organization system. They just threw things in here willy nilly!

A familiar voice broke through her concentration and if she thought about it she should probably go for a break anyway. She poked her head out of the storage areas and found Wylan with a new wolf!

"Wylan! Hi! Who's this?" She asked coming out, throwing her goggles back up on her forehead. Grateful to have them back too. Maybe she could have a bath before she went back to work.

"Speech"

[Image: xjgqzZS.png]
Basilisk may enter her threads without warning.

[Image: bU9k2tE.png]

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-05-2024, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2024, 07:08 PM by Wylan. Edited 1 time in total.)

“Uhh… some weeks I come here every day, some days I forget to wash'' he said sheepishly. He was more likely to forget now that his mother had left -- he brushed the thought away before it could ruin his day.

As they made their way past the storage wolf, Iggy came out of the den. He frowned at her thoughtfully. “I haven’t cleared you for duty” He remarked, wondering if she had snuck in here thinking he and Bas wouldn’t notice. “Oh, this is Sen - Seneca, my new best friend. He’s going to live in the treehouse with me and Ollie” He explained, his tail picking up speed behind him. “Sen this is Ignita” He would probably remember that name from his and Ollie’s conversation in the treehouse.

"Wylan Fatalis"

Seneca

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

05-05-2024, 07:19 PM
Sen snickered when Wyl admitted to forgetting to bathe. Sometimes you were just too busy! He blinked when a random head poked out of the storage room at them, noticing her wicked cool goggles. This whole place was just awesome, in his mind. She asked Wyl who he was, and he introduced Sen as his best friend. He beamed happily, glad it didn't take long for it to stick. He did remember the name from when he met Ollie, and he glanced her over. We'll, it seemed she was doing better - minus that whole slave thing.

"Hi Ignita! It's nice to meet you. It's your job to take care of the stores?" He was glad she was friendly - it seemed everyone was friendly, except maybe the guards that yelled at them as they zipped through the territory. But they had a job to do, he guessed.

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (120)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

05-05-2024, 07:41 PM

"Ollie cleared me yesterday! He was all strict about it too!" She stuck her tongue out at Wyl, probably the only wolf besides Spider she felt like she could get away with it with. She was excited for the new season and didn't want to miss a minute of it.

"Nice to meet you too Seneca!" She smiled warmly at him, "For the most part, and anything the Warlord asks, and also anything anybody else above me asks, unless it's in opposition to Basilisk's order." She shrugged, "Life of a slave and all." She didn't seem too bothered by her title and she looked well fed and taken care of. Her only scar was one under her eye that crossed over her nose.

She took off her goggles and started heading toward the back of the baths for the hottest temperature.
"The water back here is the warmest! Come try it!" She called to them and she eased herself into the shallows of it.

"Ignita"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-05-2024, 07:49 PM

A look of hurt flitted across Wylan’s face, there and gone again. Who had sent for Ollie to check his patient? Had it been Basilisk or Ignita herself who hadn’t trusted his work? He pushed it aside, stuffing it down and burying it with the hurt of his mother and some of siblings leaving. Like he did with all of his pains, he put it down, down, where it wouldn’t affect those around him.

His sunny smile reappeared “For a slave, you get better treatment than the rest of us!” He teased after her lightly, before waving a wing to indicate for Seneca to follow after them. He was already moving after Ignita himself. “She’s right, the end baths are the hottest, if you think you can stand them!” He challenged.

"Wylan Fatalis"

Seneca

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

05-05-2024, 08:03 PM
He switched between Wylan and Ignita, but did a double take on Wylan. He swore he saw his expression darken, but when he quickly looked again, it was back to his normal happy self. He nodded at what Ignita explained, unsure of what to really say. Slaves weren't common place at his old home - old home? That was weird to think - and wasn't ever something that the slave themselves were okay with. But, she seemed happy enough and was quite welcoming - just like everyone else.

He followed after them both a big grin on his face. Oh, was that a challenge he heard? He puffed out his chest and strode up to where the hottest water was. His martin companion slithered off his shoulders and busied himself with sniffing around. Pollux did not want to get wet today. Seneca, despite his bravado, raised a front paw to test the water with a couple toes first. He quickly took them back out, but tried his hardest to not let his discomfort show on his face. "Hmm, yeah it's okay. But I'm a little hot from running around, so I'm gonna start further down here..." Sen very casually moved back down a ways, stepping into the cooler water with a smile.

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (120)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

05-05-2024, 08:51 PM

She had missed Wyl's subtle wave of hurt as she had been focusing on Seneca, she would have been concerned if she had caught it. And she laughed lightly at his remark about how she gets better treatment than the rest of them. She didn't know if that was true, too busy with her head cluttered with things to do. But perhaps he was right? That would be interesting, maybe it was a subtle dig into her being Bas's favorite servant.

She had eased herself into the steaming hot spring and giggled as Seneca tried to get in it too then changed to a cooler one.
"I don't blame you, it's pretty toasty in here! I grew up in a desert though, I'm used to really hot sands and the like. Where'd you grow up?" She asked as she gently swam in circles.

"Speech"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-05-2024, 08:56 PM

Wylan laughed lightly as Seneca gave the water a try and then decided that perhaps he would start with something a little cooler. “You're a better fisher than me. You can read maps I can’t… but you have nothing on my ability to withstand the head!” He yelled, his voice rising in a victory crow as he leaped into the water with a splash, heading into the deeper area - and having to go much further than Ignita to get there.

He spread his wings out against the surface of the water, touching the ground with the tips of his toes as he too began to circle. “So, did you have a good first day in the Armada?” He asked Seneca, tucking it on to Iggy’s question about where the other wolf grew up.

"Wylan Fatalis"

Seneca

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

05-05-2024, 09:15 PM
Wyl listed off a couple things Sen was good at, but then claimed he'd never be able to withstand the heat like him and jumped in. His ears flattened to the side, his expression falling to one of annoyance as a couple droplets of water splashed on his face. He didn't like being showed up, but he would let it slide... just this once. His smile returned easily enough as he paddled around, trying to find a spot he could comfortably touch the bottom. It was a little difficult. His ears came forward at Ignita's question, which was followed quickly by Wyl's question.

"The mountains, so I really like the cold. But warming up here in winter will sure be nice." He grinned as he turned back to the other two, finding a spot where his tiptoes could just barely touch the bottom. Bright eyes focused on Wylan, his grin getting bigger. "The best day ever! I haven't had this much fun in... Well, ever!" He laughed, his head just barely above the water. He glanced to Ignita to give context. "Wyl showed me alllllll around today. There's a bunch of fun things to do. I'm really glad I ran into him!" He snickered at his white lie, since technically Wylan ran into him. "Whats your favorite thing to do here, Ignita?"

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (120)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

05-05-2024, 09:31 PM

She ducked her head as Wylan splashed in and found his spot giving him a happy smile. She was really glad Wylan was her friend too.

When she turned to Seneca he seemed to be struggling to keep his head above the water. She glanced at Wylan with some concern and subtly pointed her nose at Seneca to make sure Wylan was keeping an eye on him. Wylan did say he was a fisher so maybe her worry was completely unfounded. He'd be able to reach Seneca faster than she could if his head slipped under for too long.

"It'll be my first winter in the mountains! I'm excited to see snow for the first time!" She mentioned excitedly after he told them he was from the mountains.

"My favorite thing to do?" Oh... No one had actually asked her that question before. She liked to work... but really she liked being busy... She liked drawing... but that was mostly to pass the time... Oh!
"I love making new things, and finding cool stuff!" She finally replied after a moment.

"Ignita"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-11-2024, 03:21 PM

He finally stopped paddling, and settled into the water. His paws lightly touched the ground, and his wings spread along the surface. He took up a lot of room, but he was deep enough that it didn’t disturb the others too much. “After this Seneca, we should get a bite to eat, and I’ll introduce you to Spider and Andromeda… and then tonight, you can sleep in my room. Tomorrow we can start building yours” he suggested, his voice already sounding a little sleepy. They'd had a lot of excitement and running amok, and the warm water was making him tired.

Ignita mentioned snow, and Wylan flicked his ears at her. “Has no one taken you up First Light Point yet?” he asked, it was high enough up the mountain that it always got the snow first.

"Seneca" || "Wylan"

Seneca

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

05-14-2024, 06:19 PM

Luckily, Seneca did not notice the look between Ignita and Wylan, or he might have been offended and tried to show just how good of a swimmer he was. He was too busy finding a suitable spot to relax, and once the heat began working into his muscles, he really did begin to relax. His ears tipped outward as he listened to Ignita, eyes switching just briefly to Wylan when he asked about First Light. He was curious of that too - he had seen snow today, after all! - but chose to speak on her favorite things. "What kinda things do you like to make? And find?" Even if Ignita was a slave, Seneca intended on becoming her friend and was genuinely interested in what she liked to do. He was going to be an explorer, and if he ever came across something she would like, he would of course bring it back for her. "I like finding shiny things. And anything blue. Pole helps me with that." He glanced over to his martin companion snoozing against a wall, not trusting his precarious position to tilt his head in its direction. "It's kinda hard finding that sort of stuff, but that's what makes it fun. If it was easy to find, why bother?" He chuckled with a grin, flexing his toes under the water. The warmth had completely wrapped around his legs, leeching the exertion of the day away. He fought a yawn, clenching his jaw tightly as he simply floated.

[Image: chibi-by-starry-knight-dhedfxo.png]

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (120)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

05-15-2024, 04:05 PM

Ignita was satisfied that Seneca was bearing the water well, it wasn't often she came across others much smaller than her when her own master was the giant of armada himself.

She blinked at Wylan about first light point, hadn't he taken her there shortly after the big meeting? Had she forgotten or had she been called away before she could reach the top? So much had happened in such little time.
"I think you did Wylan, but I can't remember any snow. Sorry." She said sympathetically.

Then Seneca asked her her favorite subject, what sort of things she made! "Oh! I've made ladders and a small catapult! I fix my goggles from time to time..." Suddenly she also couldn't remember some of the trinkets and things she made back home... and her face scrunched in some frustration, but the more she tried thinking about it her head began to hurt.

"Uh... And..." She glanced at Wylan for herself now, her eyes growing tired. It was her first day of work after her accident, but suddenly the answers to what she liked to find fell out of her grasp too. "I like finding... well anything... really. Hmmm... I think my headache is coming back." She mumbled closing her eyes, maybe the heated water was affecting her injury. Was it the concussion or was it that she had never had someone ask those questions before and she didn't have a solid answer? Perhaps both.

"Long day. I hope you two have fun. I'll be around!" She said cheerily but suddenly tired. She would give Wylan a nod if he said anything to her about laying down and resting some more. She walked up the ramp out of the water, shook her pale and flame coat, and caught herself from falling over from it, mildly dizzy.

"It's so nice to meet you, Seneca." She said warmly, giving him a slight bow of her head before grabbing her goggles and her possum companion from the storeroom before heading off to her den.

"Ignita"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Go the Distance The Wall 03:56 PM, 05-01-2024 08:56 PM, 06-13-2024
2. Go the Distance IC Archives 08:56 PM, 06-13-2024 02:59 PM, 05-15-2024
3. Go the Distance The Wall 02:59 PM, 05-15-2024 02:58 PM, 05-15-2024