An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - GoldWordyUnderachieverCritical Fail!
04-30-2024, 06:06 AM
The newly dubbed Hemlock had plenty of neighbors. In Delphi’s opinion, too many neighbors for her comfort, but she would make the best of it. While she planned to meet with all of them eventually, she chose Avalon first. She had been too young during the raid on Avalon, but she had heard what transpired. With the new direction she was taking Hemlock in comparison to Heidinn, Delphi wanted a fresh start.

Approaching the border with her companions in tow, Delphi stops along the border. She hadn’t been sure either what to bring as a gift, but she hoped a bottle of Ulfr’s mead and a crate full of glass bottles they had found in the Crypt would be good enough. Tilting her chin back, she calls to Corbie, requesting an audience.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
05-06-2024, 11:58 PM
An unfamiliar voice called out to her from the border, and Corbie set her work aside to trot off, tail up and waving. The winter weather wasn't bothering her - it gave her more time while the sheep were huddled close to the barn to work on the crafts that would eventually become trade goods, and Ayer stayed behind now to continue to work on carding the wool. The small (surprisingly small, Corbie wasn't used to feeling like she was towering over anyone and it was strangely uncomfortable) wolf who waited there for her was given a smile of welcome. "Hello and welcome to Avalon. I am Corbie, alpha here. What can I do for you?"
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

05-20-2024, 08:57 PM
It’s clear in the way Delphi stands that she’s relived she’s given a sign of welcome. Her shoulders relax and her tail wags a few times before she motions for her own companions to push the crate of glass jars forward. They’re clearly dusty and in need of a good wash, but Delphi hopes that Corbie would be able to put them to use.

“Pleasure Corbie, I’m Delphi of the newly crowned Hemlock,” she smiles, something between pleasant and nervous. “Vidarr recently stepped down and handed the pack over to me. I wanted to introduce myself and Hemlock so we could start on a new relationship. Not an alliance, but I want to hone my wolves’ skills and abilities, and I’ve heard your pack is good at craftsmanship. So I was hoping, once my pack has accrued some experience, we could trade every so often. A friendlier relationship I’m sure than what Vidarr had laid out,” her nervousness shows as she ends her little speech, but she doesn’t back down from her offer.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

05-20-2024, 10:53 PM
Corbie was surprised, as the other wolf began to speak, to learn that this wolf was from the viking pack that had raided Avalon before. She was nothing like the towering brute who'd led the pack before, if her nervous demeanor was any indication. Still, she'd been burned before when it came to the vikings so she kept her expression and her emotions carefully neutral. The same neutrally friendly face she'd show anyone - she liked this woman immediately, but caution was warranted. "We would be more than happy to trade with your pack," she told the smaller alpha. "I don't know how much you were told of us before you took over your pack? Avalon is a completely neutral pack, neither ally nor enemy to any pack but open to trade and friendly relations to all. We are also open to teaching our crafts to any interested in them."

She dipped her head to study the crate Delphi had brought with her, the dusty glass tinkling pleasantly as she nosed at them. "What are you interested in trading for?" she asked curiously. The newly christened pack already knew they had sheep and sheep products, she thought with a faintly sardonic twist, but she wasn't sure if news of Avalon's wares had spread or not yet.

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

06-23-2024, 09:27 PM
Delphi is observant, but not as reserved as Corbie. She so badly wants to dribble out apologetic nonsense that the other woman probably cared nothing for. Something along the lines of actions spoke louder than words? It made sense and she didn't blame Corbie for her neutral stance among the ripe and tumultuous politics of the world around them. "Vidarr is not a man of many words," Delphi comments, her tone an indication that the man had more than likely spread not so positive words of Avalon.

"I hope to build Hemlock in a more neutral stance as well. We will stray away from raids and focus on education and thriving," Delphi smiles, feeling more relaxed in Corbie's presence as their conversation continues. When Corbie leans down to nose at the glass, Delphi takes a step to the side to grant the other alpha more room to look over the crate. "Currently, I'm not sure. These jars are for you to have as a gesture of good will and intent to try and build better relations," her tail wags a few times, hopeful indeed. "I still need to get with my pack to see what they're capable of and what we could offer," Delphi admits, her smile dampening slightly.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

06-24-2024, 11:59 PM
Corbie gave a quick grin, a hint of playful mischief sparking in her eyes at Delphi's tone as she spoke about Vidarr being a man is few words. She could only imagine what the viking raider would have said about her. Frankly, his opinion was of little consequence to her anyway, but she was glad to see it didn't apparently affect this new alpha's opinion of her too much. "He didn't strike me as someone who was interested in talking," she agreed blandly. The woman's admittance of not knowing what they'd be looking for, or capable of making themselves, had Corbie nodding thoughtfully. Absolutely understandable. "I appreciate the gift," she told Delphi sincerely. "If you are willing to come into the barn and rest a spell, I do have a sample pack made up I'd like to send back with you to help you consider." Since Bas' visit she'd decided to keep a couple bundles of samples already made up and ready to go in the event that another alpha was visiting that shed want to gift them to, but she acknowledged that the newer alpha might not be completely comfortable entering another packs territory alone, even invited, especially one with such a rocky shared history.

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

07-09-2024, 06:57 AM
She nods to Corbie’s sincere thanks, a smile presented on her lips. Still being new to this whole alpha business left her feeling a bit awkward, but she was trying!

With Corbie’s suggestion to come rest in the barn, Delphi felt herself relaxing a bit. Her tail wags a little harder as her interest is piqued. “They don’t expect me back for some time so I believe a rest sounds delightful,” she agrees, curious to see and know more about Corbie’s Avalon.

Unlike Vidarr, Delphi wanted to give all the packs a chance. Taking a more neutral stance meant staying out of trouble (which was unlike herself, personally) and with that, hopefully more opportunities to be presented in the future. Such as trades, assistance, all the things that a pack might need when they’re in dire straights.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

07-22-2024, 10:50 PM
Seeming to relax more, the other alpha agreed to come into Avalon lands. Corbie, while protective of the lives under her care, had never been particularly territorial so it had never really bothered her to invite others into Avalon's inner workings despite not being allied to them - or anyone, for that matter. So it was with only friendliness that she led the way to the barn. "Could I offer you a drink?" she asked as they passed into the half-wrecked barn, leading Delphi into the roof-less side where the firepit and the comfortable seating was. "Mead, tea, wine? Ayer can make you up something while I get you that packet." She gestured to the vigilant kinkajou watching them.

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

08-08-2024, 09:35 AM
Delphi follows Corbie over the border and toward the barn that lie not far ahead. Though it isn't in perfect shape, it is interesting to look at. She had never seen a building such as this before or really any building ever other than the Hallows castle. The last standing buildings that resided throughout Boreas and Auster were not known to Delphi and therefore this barn was quite impressive.

"Have you and your wolves built this?" She inquires as she follows Corbie inside to a fire and comfortable seating. As she finds a good place to sit, she looks to Corbie with a smile and then Ayer, the kinkajou. "Tea sounds wonderful," she replies, her tail giving a few beats against the softs as she gets comfortable.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

08-12-2024, 10:44 PM
She led the way into the barn, watching with no small pride and happiness the interest that the other alpha viewed it all with. "No, this is a relic from long ago," she told Delphi in answer to her question. "We've fixed up what needs to be, but we felt it best to leave this side open to the air as it already had fallen in, and just cleared out the old beams and covering materials that had fallen so we can safely have fires in here without all the smoke." Ayer poured the tea she'd run off to get steeping into a bowl to set before Delphi while Corbie dug around briefly to grab the premade sample pack. She'd made sure it would be an easy to carry and comfortable pack, even if it was temporary.

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

08-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Amazement sparkles in Delphi's gaze as she continues to glance around the interior of the barn. "It is a lovely relic," she murmurs softly, a sort of sigh escaping her as she imagined how wonderful it would be to stargaze from within on a clear night. While the mountain and the steppe had its perks, this place was also wonderful in its own right.

When Ayer brought her the bowl of tea, she dips her muzzle in thanks before taking a cautious sip of the warm beverage. An appreciative hum vibrates in her throat as she savors the flavor. "Delicious. What is the blend?" Delphi asks curiously and in earnest, her gaze falling back down to Corbie who has brought the temporary sample pack over. "And was that an orchard I saw as well? Avalon has quite the expansive setup," she comments, her head turning over her shoulder a moment to look through the open spacing to see if she could see the cluster of fruit trees in the distance.

"Delphi"

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

09-09-2024, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2024, 09:20 PM by Corbie. Edited 1 time in total.)
At the wolf's question, Ayer chittered softly to herself a moment before telling her, "It is a fruit tea gathered from the southern continent - white tea with apricot, orange, mango, and peach. I blend it with herbs. Calendula, lavender, rose, and lemon verbana. It reminds me of home. I am glad you like it." The kinkajou bowed shyly before retreating.

"We do boast an orchard," Corbie answered as she replaced Ayer at Delphi's side with the pack. "Nothing particularly exotic, of course, but it supports our bees quite well and has allowed us to expand our offerings for alcohols. As the pack grows larger I hope to eventually lay claim to the riverside as well, but we will see how things go in the future. I wouldn't want to count our chickens before they've hatched, after all."

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Bees both sting and make honey The Range 06:06 AM, 04-30-2024 01:53 PM, 10-02-2024