Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Double MasterCritical Hit!WordyPride - Bisexual1KBeevent
Bronze Medal 2020
05-22-2024, 06:06 PM
She admittedly didn't watch the coming and going of the pack that closely these days, mostly just finding out things that happened second hand from Artorias or Gwyn. That was certainly the case now when she found out that Bowen had not only finally returned home from her stint in Valta, but she was also expecting a litter of pups. It was so completely unexpected, but immediately she was just as over joyed as she was for any new litter of grandchildren. As soon as Gwyn finished giving her the daily regimen of medicines she set out through the castle to find her little girl. With all of the various events of their life–planned and not–that had kept Bowen or herself away she hadn't had the chance to really grow as close to her as she had some of her other siblings. Because of that she wasn't sure what to expect for Bowen's reaction to her current condition, but she hoped that Bo was as excited as she was for her.

It took her a bit of time to track down Bowen–both because of her not being able to walk very quickly and because of not being sure where to look for her–but eventually she spotted Bowen's familiar caramel and white figure. She smiled happily as she approached her daughter, leaning in to kiss her cheek. "I heard the news! Congratulations, darling. How are you feeling?" she questioned as she settled in beside her daughter. She knew pregnancy had been pretty rough on her, at least at first, so she wanted to make sure Bowen was feeling okay first and foremost. Then maybe she could gush about her excitement for more grandchildren a bit.

Tamsyn Carpathius of the Valley

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
05-23-2024, 10:17 AM

Bowen hadn't realized how much she had missed being home until she was once again within The Hallows embrace. A weight had been lifted from the woman's shoulders and, though many things were still heavy in mind and heart, she was glad to be home. The small fae had taken to resting in the shade of the trees in the courtyard and could be found there almost daily. That was where her mother found her, in fact.

A voice sounded and a moment later a kiss was placed upon her brow. Bo smiled at her mother and adjusted a bit as Tam came to sit beside her.  "Hi, mom," Bowen's tail swished a few times happily. Circumstances hadn't allowed them to develop as close of a relationship as some of her other siblings had with their parent, but Bowen still loved Tamsyn a great deal.

Bo prompted her elderly mother to lay on her belly in the cool grass just as Bowen was. Once the dark woman complied, Bo wrapped a foreleg around one of Tam's, holding her mother close. Tam congratulated her and Bowen smiled, but that smile didn't reach her eyes. "I'll... be okay," she informed her mother. She'd told Artorias that Haiku, the father of the children inside her, had died. Bowen wasn't sure if Tamsyn knew.  "My pups father... he's gone." Bo forced a tight lipped smile. She wouldn't cry again. Haiku was gone, but he would never be forgotten. She would never allow his children to forget him.

"How are you, mom?" Bowen gave the elderly woman a once over with her verdant gaze. Ah, she was so out of the loop.

"Speech"|| "Romanian"

[Image: gSBkYSG.gif]Bowen Arrow Carpathius [Image: 2cnsALh.png]

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Double MasterCritical Hit!WordyPride - Bisexual1KBeevent
Bronze Medal 2020
06-10-2024, 12:58 AM
Although she had been told about Bowen's pregnancy, the news about the fate of their father–or who their father was, for that matter–had not been shared with her so when Bowen told her that their father was gone it came as a genuine surprise. Her smile faltered and her ears flicked back apologetically. "Oh... I'm so sorry, Bo," she replied sympathetically and with a deep understanding of how that pain felt. She curled her paw around Bowen's for a moment to give it a squeeze. Now that she knew this piece of the puzzle she was even more glad and grateful that Bowen was back in The Hallows with her family. She knew that if nothing else her other children would help Bowen with these pups and they could grow up around their cousins.

The questioning was turned to her as Bowen asked how she was and Tamsyn smiled with a slightly tired chuckle, lifting her shoulders with a small shrug. "I am as well as I can be. I am here with you and your siblings and Gwyn helps to keep me comfortable. There's good and bad days, but mostly good." It was hard for her to admit how her body was failing her and even more difficult for her to admit it to her children. She had been given so many wonderful years with her family–enough that she hardly remembered the bad years that came before this–but oh what she wouldn't give to have just as many more.

"I'm so glad I get to meet another litter of grandchildren," she said with a returning grin, giving Bowen's leg a playful squeeze, allowing herself some of that grandmotherly excitement again. "I know how hard this all feels... Gods, it still felt impossible for me when your mother passed even though you were all pretty much grown by then... But you're going to be such a good mother for these pups and I can't think of a better place for you to be than here to raise them."

Tamsyn Carpathius of the Valley