size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - Gay (MLM)Samhain 2022
05-27-2024, 08:35 PM
Ever the adventurer, Enki is once again away from pack lands, getting a read on the different territories. The sun has begun to dip below the horizon by the time the pale pink man’s paws touch the watery pathways of the mangrove trees where lng, twisting roots reach down into winding waterways. Meanwhile, the trunks grow thick and tall, twisting around themselves as they reach up toward the heavens as if in quite prayer. Green vines climb around the silent giants, wrapping them in emerald that sit in stark contrast against the tans and browns of trunks.

Enki carefully traverses the land, picking his way underneath the long, bare branches of the mangroves. Wading through the waterways, he tilts his head back, looking up at the bits of sky that peek through the branches. It is growing dark and the air has a certain bite to it that promises a cold night yet he continues on, too caught up in the beauty to notice much of anything else.

"Enki Klein"

code & art © skelle 2023

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
05-27-2024, 08:43 PM

Kotori lay in the mangroves, appearing calm and passive tonight. With the sun beginning its descent the first of a few fireflies had shown up. The valta leader remembered when he was much younger and he’d been out here with Mortis. Abnormal fireflies had been all about the mangroves. Of course, it had gotten much worse then and had created a much bigger stream of events. For now, though, the fireflies offered pleasant memories and he chose to just spend a bit of time enjoying thoughts of those old days in these bugs.

The scent of another wolf took away the chance for his mind to just wander. Scenting the air he recognized the scent as a wolf he’d once seen before. This was like a backdoor to a portion of Valta Kotori didn’t call out or challenge them but he remained silent with ears up listening.

"Kotori Fatalis"

[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Enki

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Navigator (235)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

05-27-2024, 09:13 PM
The trees dominant the land, pulling the water from the pathways to sustain themselves so that may grow large. A gentle wind rolls through the land, rattling the branches over heard and making click together like teeth. The water is pleasant for the moment as the sun continues its descent and Enki continues to wander underneath the mangrove trees, enjoying the beauty that the land offers. Each one is like a little island unto themselves, gnarled roots desperately hugging thick clumps of earth, strangling them while the roots continue on to descend into the water.

On one such island a familiar earthen form appears, making the pale pink man pause and blink. A smile pulls at his lips as he greets, “Hello again. You enjoying the mangroves too?” Slowly, he continues to approach the man, wishing to converse at more normal distance and possible even get his legs out of the water.

"Enki Klein"

code & art © skelle 2023

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

05-27-2024, 09:26 PM

Kotori saw soon enough that his nose had not failed him. “I am. I’ve known this place for many a year so I return on occasion for a bit of memories. I also come to make sure there are no threats that might come from here to my pack.” Judging by his casual demeanor this was not a time of patrolling.

“What brings you this way? You don’t seem to be hunting, and the mangroves have islands to the south and east. To the north is my pack, though there is a bit of beach off that way as well. Not much of an area for crossing to get somewhere though. Unless you just don’t know the lay of the land out here?”

"Kotori Fatalis"

Enki

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Navigator (235)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

05-27-2024, 10:44 PM
The brown man speaks and Enki listens intently while his eyes continue to rove over the trees, tracing the gnarled roots that the earthen man lays upon until they meet the cool blue water, where he finds a fish swimming past. Surprise colors his gaze as he turns it downward, paying attention to the flashes of color and ripples that signal passing fish. They seem to enjoy moving through the roots and he deduces that they probably use them as a hiding spot from more predatory animals.

Silence falls and Enki looks back to the earthen man, cocking his head slightly as he says, “I like to explore and I had never been here before. I do not mean to alarm you, I just wanted to see this place. Ah, but where are my manners?” Coming to a stop near the man, he straightens up and dips his head in a respectful bow while offering, “I am Enki Klein, Wraith of Insomnia and I mean you and your pack no harm.” His tone is serious and the pale pink man means it because he is simply here exploring.

Just as he lifts his head, the sun finally gives way to the moon and darkness reigns supreme. In the low light, the mangroves burst to life as a luminescent glow brightens the dark world. Breath hitches in his chest as Enki’s bright gaze slides away from the stranger, finding the magical glow that makes the trees seem to be alive. Fireflies dance on the chilly breeze, blinking their lights in a rhythm only known to the insects and the effect of it all is simply breathtaking.

With a soft, ‘whoosh’, Enki releases the held breath and says, “Amazing.” Even the roots underneath the water line glow, appearing to be ropes of light as they descend down into the darkness and reveal just how deep the waters go.

"Enki Klein"

code & art © skelle 2023

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

05-27-2024, 11:31 PM

Kotori nodded on hearing his explanation. “Well met then. I’d suggest visiting visiting the east of here, its an interesting bit of land, and continue up north. It’s an interesting beach, often finding all manner of things from the ocean that end up on land.” Kotori didn’t go to the beach often but he had enjoyed his visits to the beaches.

“As to the mangrove, watch your step. There are alligators in these waters and amongst all these root and brush its easy to miss spotting one" Kotori stood, shaking out his coat before stretching out his back legs an spine. “Well, with sun down its time for me to head back home. Enjoy your travels.”

"Kotori"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Name Of The Game Lover's Mangrove 08:35 PM, 05-27-2024 05:35 PM, 07-23-2024