An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

TeacherWinnerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualPride - Demisexual
Double MasterWordyStudentBest BudsHomebodyRapid Poster - Rainbow
06-04-2024, 02:51 PM

Absinth had tried to push through her lingering sickness and fatigue, but after a few weeks, it became clear that something more serious was at play. She had fought in this condition, did her patrols, her work as Katil — but still she was not able to regain her strength. And now, she was eating like a damn horse and had probably seen better days when it came to her weight. More worryingly, the fluttering in her abdomen? She was bewildered. Maybe in denial. Reluctantly, she decided to visit Caedes under the cover of night, attempting to keep the visit a secret until she had her answers.

Inside his dimly lit dealers den, Caedes examined her with a practiced eye, asking about her symptoms. She’d explain, frustration lacing her voice all the while. Moody wench.

Caedes nodded thoughtfully, his hands gentle as he conducted his examination. After a few moments, he stepped back, his expression serious yet calm. “Absinth, you’re pregnant.” Really, the man thought to himself that everyone in the pack was coming to the same diagnosis at this point, but he digressed.

The words hit her like a bolt of lightning. She stared at Caedes, her mind reeling. “Pregnant?” The monochromatic cae echoed, her voice barely more than a disbelieving whisper. The shock was evident on her face as she struggled to process the news. This wasn’t impossible, nor was it far fetched; but coming to terms with it was a different task. Pups? Her? The thought hadn’t crossed her mind before. Just how many times had she seen her mother rid herself of unwanted children as easily as casting out rubbish. But… unwanted? That word felt wrong, so wrong. Hadn’t Absinth been unwanted all her life as well?

Seeing her distress, Caedes spoke in a softer neutral tone. “Take some time to digest this, you’ve got until the end of the season I'd wager.” The brute advised. “Rest and take care of yourself.”

Nodding numbly, Absinth left the den, her thoughts a chaotic whirl. She needed to walk, to clear her head and find some semblance of calm. Anxiety gnawed at her, exacerbated by the ever-present threat of the Syndicate’s reputation and her father’s prowling around the lands. Fucking hell.

As she walked through the forest, her ravens sensed her turmoil and gathered around her protectively. Their caws questioning, their voices a chorus of worry. “Find Aresenn,” She instructed them softly, her expression softening just for them. Of course, he was the only male she’d ever been with, and he was her more-than-lover. So, this very much involved him. Damn it. How the fuck do you break this kind of news to someone?

The ravens scattered without hesitation, and within moments, they pinpointed his location through calls across the distance. Relaying the information back to her with practiced ease. Okay. She had time. Absinth made her way to the den she shared with Aresenn and settled inside to wait for his return. She paced the small space restlessly, her thoughts a tumult of worry and disbelief. At least she knew why she was feeling so ill. Though it did mean Jack shit in this scenario.

When she finally heard the familiar sound of Aresenn’s footsteps approaching, she paused, her heart pounding. Emeralds wolf, the woman took a deep breath and steeled herself.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 
Absi is a mature character. She's very vulgar and volatile. Discretion advised.

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

Master Intellectual (244)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Rapid Poster - GoldHomebodyTeacherBest BudsDouble Master1K
Samhain 2022
06-05-2024, 10:17 PM
With a determined push, he plowed through the curtain of low-hanging branches and underbrush, his feet crunching over the hardened snow beneath him. Aresenn's once strong and broad figure now appeared haggard in the entrance, his breath steaming out in white puffs in the frigid air. Thin layers of ice clung to the ends of his fur where he had crossed frozen water, and deep rings of exhaustion hung beneath the tired, narrowed gaze in his eyes. Every step seemed to take more effort than the last as he trudged forward towards his destination.

The strains of the night patrol still resonated in his bones, but they were quickly forgotten as he approached his home. The familiar sight of Absinth pacing back and forth greeted him, but something was off. Her usually calm demeanor was replaced by an anxious expression, her fur tousled and wild. He raised an eyebrow in question as he stepped into the den, shaking off the snow that clung stubbornly to his limbs. As he drew closer to Absinth, he noticed the tension radiating off of her like a palpable force. Something had clearly rattled her, and he couldn't help but feel a twinge of worry himself.

The word rolled off his tongue, "Absinth," like a stone grinding against the rough surface of the valley walls. His voice was as weathered and unyielding as the stone itself. "Are you feeling worse?" He spoke without any thought for tact or diplomacy, his words direct and unfiltered. Pleasantries held no value to him, in this particular moment. And yet, despite his hardened exterior, there was an unmistakable concern in the way he watched her every movement. If there was anything he could do to ease her mind, he certainly would. What could possibly have her so on edge?

"Aresenn Praetor"

Absinth

"I'll be a good Girl in Hell"

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

Master Intellectual (375)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

TeacherWinnerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualPride - Demisexual
06-06-2024, 03:18 PM

Absinth turned sharply at the sound of Aresenn’s voice, her eyes wide and wild. She took in his haggard appearance, the exhaustion etched into every line of his body, and felt a pang of guilt. He had been pushing himself to the limit for the pack, and now she had to add to his burdens. But there was no other way. Her charcoal tail lashed behind her, eyes narrowing as she relaxed the tension in her shoulders. Don’t be dramatic.

She ceased her pacing, aligning her body with his own: face to face. “Aresenn,” She began, her voice unsteady and sharp as she took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves. Fuck. This wasn’t something she felt like she could just say. Her mind reeled with the information, the question from the fiery brute shocking her into a blurred out reply. “Let’s go for a coyote hunt. I need the air. I’ll tell you if you humor me.” Emeralds flashing her usual confidence, but corrupted by some other imperceptible emotion. Yeah, sure. Get the blood pumping before she chilled it to the core. It was as good an option as any she supposed, and maybe the action would actually settle her nerves.

Absinth stepped closer, her head butting into his chest, taking in the scent of the cold on his fur. Her own silent plea for understanding, or at the very least cooperation. It was the best she could do at the moment.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
06-07-2024, 07:18 AM
Aresenn's gaze followed Absinth's every move, his eyes narrowing at her alarming behavior. At her request for a hunt, he grunted in response, his mind already running through the potential dangers. He hated uncertainty, and the indecipherable look in Absinth’s eyes made him uneasy. He wanted answers, not more questions. "A hunt," he mumbled, the words tasting like unfulfilled promises on his tongue.

A soft sigh, tinged with a hint of longing, escaped him as she pressed her head against his chest. The familiar scent of her mingled with the crisp, cold winter air, momentarily easing his worries like a warm embrace. Resolving himself, Aresenn gave a sharp nod in agreement to Absinth's plea, the tension in his shoulders slowly releasing. "Fine," he agreed through gritted teeth, begrudgingly conceding to her request.

The strain and fatigue of his muscles were evident as he reluctantly pulled away, each fiber of his being screaming in protest at the mere thought of more physical exertion. His resolve, however, remained unshaken. Absinth's voice, tinged with a grim undertone, had set off warning bells in his mind that he couldn't ignore, despite the overwhelming exhaustion he felt. Something urgent needed to be said, and he couldn't shake off the sinking feeling that it would not be pleasant news.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

06-07-2024, 08:55 AM

Absinth felt Aresenn’s tension and reluctance as he agreed to her request. She knew she was asking a lot of him, especially considering his exhaustion. Pressing her head more firmly against his chest, she inhaled deeply, taking in his scent and drawing comfort from him. “Look how easy it is when you indulge me.” The woman murmured, her voice a low rumble of amusement but carrying a note of urgency. He was doing a lot of indulging her as of late. She hated that; it felt like he was pitying her. Absinth pulled back just enough to look up at him, her eyes meeting his with a mix of gratitude and mischief. “Bear with it?” Her voice came, a bit louder now and wholly pleased.

She could see the fatigue etched in his features, the weariness in his eyes, and felt another pang of guilt. But this hunt wasn’t just about distraction; it was about preparing him for the news she had to share. The news she didn’t know to articulate right at this moment, nor how he would process it. Hell, she didn’t even know how to process it herself. It wasn’t as though she’d ever held dreams of being a mother, of nurturing anything other than her bloodlust. “Come on,” She huffed, her tone taking on a more taunting edge to lighten the mood, even if only slightly. With a quick, reassuring nudge to his side, Absinth led the way out of the den, her steps more purposeful now; her charcoal tail like a banner waving behind her. The cold air bit at her fur, but the thought of the hunt invigorated her. She needed this, and she hoped the action would help settle her nerves.

As they moved through the forest, the silence between them was heavy with unspoken words. Absinth stole glances at Aresenn, offering him her usual impish grins. A semblance of normalcy, you understand. And when finally she broke the silence, her voice carried notes of the coy nature she usually displayed. “If we catch one each, I’ll tell you my secret. Deal?”

She did not wait for an answer in particular, instead opting to continue through the forest while her thoughts whirled. She knew she was being unfair, dragging him out like this when he was clearly exhausted. She could have said it outright, could have had Caedes break the news to him. But she couldn’t help the cynical edge that crept into her mind. Life had never been fair to her, so why should she play by the rules now? The fresh scent of coyote drifted into her nares then, setting her senses alight, her body moving to follow suit. Where were those slippery bastards?

“You know,” She said, her voice taking on a darker, more sardonic tone, “I’ve always found it funny how we’re supposed to find solace in numbers, like a pack can solve all our problems. Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s just a load of shit. But hey, if it gets us through the night, who cares, right?” She prattled on as she tracked their quarry, wondering what he thought of that whole strength in numbers idealism. Because, there were about to be more of them lingering around, like little fuzzy leeches whose sole purpose was to consume and slumber. Haha.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
06-07-2024, 10:00 AM
Aresenn grunted in response to her playful jab, offering her a grim nod. "Bear with it? I wouldn’t have it any other way." he retorted, his voice a gravelly echo of resignation. The corners of his mouth twitched slightly in what could almost pass for a smile, a hint of humor flickering briefly in his otherwise stony eyes. With an air of finality, he turned away from Absinth and began to tread heavily towards the outskirts of their den, setting a steady pace for their hunting trip. Aresenn cast a sidelong glance at Absinth as she brushed past him, a spark of challenge glistening in her gaze. As much as he despised the idea of another hunt, he knew in that moment he would follow her anywhere. "Alright then," He rumbled in response to her taunt, the smoky timbre of his voice slightly muffled by the icy wind. With a shake of his head as if to dispel any remaining doubts, Aresenn followed suit. Emerging from their den into the surrounding wood of the valley.

A layer of fresh snow crunched under his paws as he navigated through the icy terrain, his breath forming thin clouds in the frigid midday air. The familiar scent of pine trees, freshly blanketed by a coat of white, filled his senses as they moved deeper into the taiga. When she spoke, laying out clear ground rules to the admission of her secret, he couldn’t help but roll his eyes. There was no containing the scoff at her proposition, a low growl of amusement rumbling in his chest as he cast a sidelong glance at her. "You and your secrets," he remarked dryly, shaking his head slightly as if to dismiss the thought. Despite his dismissive demeanor, his curiosity was piqued. “I guess it would be too simple for you to just tell me what’s on your mind?” He prompted her, but he already knew the answer. He watched her surge forward, leading him to a part of the territory less occupied by Syndicate wolves.

A thin smirk spread across Aresenn's face at her words, the only visible sign of amusement in his otherwise unreadable demeanor. "Solace in numbers, huh?" He countered, icy gaze sweeping over the surrounding terrain as he joined Absinth in the hunt. "I've always found solace in solitude. Less bullshit to deal with." He answered with a tired chuckle, but of course, Absinth knew that. She knew him better than anyone else in the world. But of course it didn't apply to her, she was merely an extension of himself. With a dismissive shake of his head, he focused his attention on the task at hand, all traces of his earlier weariness momentarily forgotten. The scent of their prey filled his senses - a tantalizing blend of earthiness and fear that quickened his pulse and narrowed his world down to this singular moment.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

06-07-2024, 10:27 AM

Absinth's ears twitched at Aresenn’s dry humor, a wry smile curling at the corners of her mouth. “Oh, I know,” She quipped back, her voice dripping with playful cynicism. “Wouldn't life be even easier if I just laid it all out for you? But where's the fun in that? You’d be so bored.” She trotted ahead, her charcoal tail flicking like a playful banner.

As they moved deeper into the snowy forest, she couldn't help but feel a perverse sense of amusement at Aresenn's grudging compliance. He would follow her into hell if she asked, and that knowledge brought a twisted sort of comfort. She glanced over her shoulder, catching the smirk on his face. “Solace in solitude? That’s rich, coming from the wolf who can't stand it when I’m not around to pester him.” She teased, taunting him with a gleam of her emeralds.

Her tone turned serious for a moment, though the edge of mischief never left her eyes. “Us wolves are nothing like my pretty birds, not at all as devoted. What does stuff like family mean? For me, family has always been something I needed to protect myself from. And now, out of sight out of mind, simple as that.” She trailed off, shaking her head with a cynical chuckle.

Absinth paused, letting the weight of her words hang in the cold air, watching for his reaction out of the corner of her eye. The scent of coyotes grew stronger, pulling her focus back to the hunt. She darted forward, her movements swift and sure, as if to outrun her own thoughts.

The thrill of the chase momentarily pushed her worries aside. Her senses honed in on the prey ahead, a blur of fur and fear amidst the white landscape. But she was far from peak physicality, her breaths coming in short and quick puffs. Absinth lunged, claws extended, her body moving on instinct. The rush of the hunt was a familiar escape, a reminder of simpler, bloodier times. She tackled the coyote, her teeth finding purchase in its scruff, and the world narrowed to the pulse of life and death beneath her jaws. She was brutal, the blood on her tongue so pleasing to the woman she might have let a moan loose from deep within her chest.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
06-07-2024, 11:07 AM
A lazy smile played on Aresenn's lips as he watched Absinth's retreating figure, her words drifting back to him on a gust of icy wind. "Bored? You give yourself too much credit," he scoffed, levity infusing his gruff tone despite the biting cold. His tail swished behind him as he broke into a brisk trot, kicking up a spray of powdery snow in his wake. But his smirk widened as he met her gaze, a glint of mischief dancing across his amber gaze. “But you're right, I wouldn't know what to do if I didn’t have you around to make sure I wasn’t too productive.” Aresenn shot back, his voice a rumbling grow layered in his dry humor. He couldn’t help himself as reached out to nip her in the flank. Gods it made him weak to watch her run.

But as Absinth darted forward, her body disappearing into the snowy underbrush. His gaze lingered on the spot where she had been standing, even as her words echoed in his head. "Family," he muttered, the word so foreign to his tongue. He had a few relatives that he had encountered, none that had really ever been close to besides maybe his sister. But Absinth's words had stirred something within him, something he couldn't quite put a finger on. "I think it’s just as simple for me," he called out after her, his voice barely audible above the howling wind. "To forget...to move on." Without realizing it, he had started moving again, his pawsteps crunching rhythmically on the freshly fallen snow. His gaze followed her figure as she disappeared and reappeared between the trees, a ghost in the winter wilderness.

The thrill of the hunt filled the silence that had come over them, the taste of anticipation hanging heavy in the air. The brutal cold was forgotten as Aresenn's heart pounded in his chest, a steady drumbeat that matched his stride. The smell of coyotes was stronger, their tracks weaving a clear path through the undergrowth. As Absinth's figure grew distant, he quickened his pace, shaking off his introspection to focus on the present.

Aresenn watched as Absinth moved with lethal grace, her lithe body an elegant yet deadly force of nature, and he right behind her. The larger brute was quick to find his own target, barging through the dense undergrowth and pouncing on a startled coyote that had been too slow to react. He was a whirlwind of fur and fangs, no less brutal than Absinth, as he delivered the fatal blow. The taste of blood was sharp in his mouth, mingling with the icy air and overpowering the lingering taste of fear and adrenaline. Aresenn shook off the blood and remnants of his prey, his chest heaving with exertion. His gaze wandered to Absinth, her own kill lying lifeless beneath her. He admired the fierce glow in her eyes, tainted with a hint of exhaustion. Aresenn gave a low growl of approval, his tail sweeping side-to-side in a rare show of satisfaction.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

06-07-2024, 11:46 AM

Absinth's ears twitched at Aresenn’s retort, a sly grin spreading across her face. “Oh, I don’t give myself nearly enough credit,” She shot back, her voice carrying a sardonic edge as it mingled with the icy wind. She reveled in his playful nip, darting ahead with a flick of her tail. The thrill of their banter was a familiar comfort, a temporary distraction from the heavier thoughts weighing on her mind. This moment was theirs, until she had to shatter it soon enough.

As she moved through the snowy forest, she couldn't shake the feeling of impending change. Aresenn's muttered words about family lingered in her ears, stirring a cynical chuckle from deep within her chest. The very concept of family was a twisted joke to her, a cruel game played by fate. Yet here she was, about to bring new life into the world. Irony had never been lost on her, it wouldn’t be now.

The thrill of the hunt momentarily drowned out her internal conflict. Like a shock to her system, rebooting her nerves. The kill now dead at her feet, a satisfied purr pulling from her throat once she glanced over at Aresenn as he finished his own kill, a smirk tugging at her lips. “Not too shabby for a couple of misfits.” The monochromatic fae quipped, her voice a mix of mock arrogance and genuine content. She paused, catching her breath, and let the silence settle between them. Patience had never been a virtue of hers.

She needed to say it, to let it out into the frigid air and see how it landed. With a deep breath, she locked eyes with Aresenn, her usual bravado faltering. “Alright, you’ve earned it.” She hesitated, the words sticking in her throat. She drew closer, stepping over her kill with a saunter. Her lips smeared with blood, chest splattered from the coyote’s struggle. A picture of beauty and brutality at once, as the words dripped from her tongue like blood. “I’m pregnant, Aresenn.” The words felt entirely foreign on her tongue. She watched his face carefully, trying to gauge his reaction, her heart pounding. The admission hung in the air like a cold, hard truth. But she was steadfast, bearing the silence with her usual confidence; head held high and eyes like verdant fire.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
06-07-2024, 12:41 PM
Aresenn, his chest heaving with exertion from their successful hunt, let out a low grunt in response to her teasing remark. His amber eyes flickered over to her, revealing a glimmer of amusement that shone through his typically stern demeanor. "Misfits we may be, Absinth," he rumbled deeply, pushing the slain prey aside with a powerful paw. "But we are misfits who know how to survive." As they trudged through the powdery snow, his long strides taking him effortlessly across the rugged terrain, Aresenn's gaze swept over the surrounding landscape. He marveled at the towering cliffs that loomed above them, their sharp edges and icy peaks a testament to nature's raw power and beauty. For Aresenn, these rugged surroundings offered a strange sense of comfort; it was a stark contrast to the monster that lurked within.

But when she finally declared that he had earned this secret of her, his ears perked up. Waiting to hear this marvelous revelation of hers. But as he watched her adopt an entirely different presentation. He too felt a flash of anxiety. I’m pregnant, Aresenn.

Aresenn stood motionless, his amber eyes locked on Absinth. He seemed taken aback, though his face betrayed no emotion. A bitter wind whipped through his fur, tearing at his senses and pulling him back to the present moment. "Pregnant?" His voice reverberated off the cliff faces around them, echoing the singular word into the pale, winter sky. A heavy silence fell between them again, his gaze dropping onto the crimson stained snow beneath their feet. He kicked at the snow, his mind whirling with thoughts and uncertainty. His pawprints marred the once untouched surface as he began to pace, the crunching sound drowning in the wind's mournful howl. Aresenn was a warrior, a survivor, but a father? How could he be?

His gaze fell back onto Absinth, her figure a silhouette against the stark landscape. Her strength and resilience had always been something he admired, but this... this was an entirely different battlefield. His thoughts were interrupted by the distant cawing of ravens, echoing eerily in the silence. Well. This explained her illness. “What are we going to do with pups, Absinth?” He didn’t know he could possibly feel more exhausted than what he alread was, but somehow, he did. A heavy sigh slipped from between his bared teeth, his breath clouding the air before him and dissipitating into nothingness, much like his initial shock was beginning to. While surprise still lingered like an aftertaste in the back of his mouth, a new flavor was starting to seep in... curiosity.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

06-07-2024, 01:44 PM

Absinth’s grin widened at Aresenn’s remark, her eyes glinting with prideful amusement. “Survive, indeed,” She murmured, watching him push the slain prey aside, his powerful movements a small reminder of the fierce warrior he was. A temptation if ever there was one, watching the ripple of muscle under his coat. A shiver ran down her spine, but not for the cold.

She could sense his unease growing, the weight of her revealed secret settling heavily between them. The towering cliffs loomed above, their sharp edges cutting into the sky, but it was the look in Aresenn’s eyes that held her attention when he finally spoke, the word uttered in question as he froze.

“Yes.” The fae confirmed, her voice steady. She watched him pace, the snow crunching beneath his paws, feeling the weight of his uncertainty as he moved. She let him think, allowing herself to relax back onto her haunches as her back had begun to ache. Pregnant and all, you know. ‘What are we going to do with pups, Absinth?’ He finally asked, his voice tinged with exhaustion and… curiosity? The question hung in the air, mingling with the cold breath of winter. Well she had an answer to that, courtesy of his own minutes ago.

“Well, I suppose we’ll have to teach them how to be misfits like us,” Absinth said, a sardonic chuckle escaping her lips. “I’m not exactly mother material, and you’re not exactly the doting father type.” She paused, her eyes locking with his, searching for any sign of how he was truly feeling. She continued, her skull tilting as she cast him a determined stare.

“The world isn’t kind, and it certainly hasn’t been kind to us. But we can make it a little less cruel for them. Teach them to fight, to survive, to be stronger than we ever were.” Her tone softened, which may well have been another rare glimpse of vulnerability shining through her usual bravado that only he was privy to.

Absinth stood and began to step closer, her gaze unwavering as she approached him. “And I’m not about to back down from a challenge, especially not this one. Hell, I won my raid battles with the little babes already. They’ll be born winners.” She smirked, a flicker of her usual mischief returning.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
06-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Aresenn's amber eyes bored into Absinth's, the sharp wind howling between them faded to a whisper as he considered her words. The corners of his mouth twitched, pulling into what could almost pass for a small smile. "You're right about that." He spoke, the words heavy in the chilling air but there was an unmistakable lightness to his tone. Heaving a sigh, he turned away from her and tilted his head back towards the grey sky. His gaze traversed across the jagged cliffs, the fluorescent icicles glinting like deadly jewels under the high sun.

"Misfits." He echoed, rolling the words around in his mouth as if testing their taste. "That they certainly will be," he continued, his voice ringing out into the open air, bouncing off the cliffs around them. It was a humbling thought, one that tugged at the edges of his guarded heart. Pups of his own; little misfit warriors shaped by him and Absinth. But oh gods, how was he going to be a father? He couldn’t help compare himself to his own father … to his own father’s non-existence. His mother’s absence from birth. What did direction even look like? What was it going to be like being a dad? Could he do it?

Blinking away the inner spiraling thoughts, he turned back to Absinth, more at ease than before. Her belly, small but firm with their unborn pups, radiated warmth that cut through the cold winter air. Slowly, he advanced towards her until he was close enough to touch her, his amber eyes locked onto hers momentarily before they fell from her eyes down to the litter she was carrying, then back up again.

Regarding her with a tired smirk tugging at the corners of his mouth, he chuckled, a sound as deep and resonant as the falling ice cascades echoing around them. "Born winners, huh?" He repeated her words, finding amusement in her confidence. His gaze lowered to her belly once more, his rough paw gently brushing against it as he contemplated promise of their future held within. His expression softened and he grumbled out a hushed affirmation. All before a sudden realization came to mind. “What am I going to do with more of you? I can’t even handle what I have.” His tone carried a teasing edge, his eyebrows raised in a challenge.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

06-07-2024, 03:37 PM

As the wind howled and whispered around them, she felt a flicker of satisfaction at the small smile that tugged at the corners of his mouth. When he turned back to her, more at ease, she took a deep breath, steadying herself against a wave of emotions that didn’t entirely feel like her own. Carrying children was a chaotic experience thus far, and there was still more time to go until they arrived. His gaze was set on her, on her belly, and he came close as though inspecting their new developments. His paw, rough yet gentle, brushed against her abdomen, and she felt a surprising surge of gratification and affection. An unruly mix. She laughed mischievously at his teasing remark, the sound echoing in the cold air like a melody. Yes, born to win.

Her gaze sharpened as she looked up at him, humor playing on her lips. “You’ll manage,” She quipped, her voice carrying that familiar coy edge. “After all, you’ve survived me so far.” A sultry smile laid claim to her lips, as Absinth overtook the leftover space between them, pressing her body against his, seeking the comfort and warmth of his presence. More of me, huh? You say that like it’s a bad thing,” The monochromatic woman teased, her voice a low purr as she flicked her tail mockingly. “Just think of it as an opportunity to spread my charming fucking personality even further.” Now wasn't that a charming notion all on its own?

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
06-10-2024, 02:12 PM
Feeling the weight of her body against his, Aresenn's mouth twitched once more into that rare half-smile. His amber gaze flickered with a spark of amusement at her quip. "Survived, yeah." He retorted, a deep chuckle rumbling from his chest.

His paw moved lightly to rest on the small of her back, drawing lazy circles on her soft fur. The harsh wind seemed to soften around them, their bodies generating heat enough to counteract the icy chill. His eyes flitted down to their entwined bodies, his gaze settling on her stomach. Indeed, the thought of more Absinth-like creatures running around wasn't as terrifying as he previously thought. He didn’t quite know how to come to terms with that they were half his too. "Who knows, maybe one of them will outdo you in the charm department," he rumbled, amusement lacing his words as he pulled her closer. He watched her for a long moment, amber eyes tracing the curves of her face, the growing worry lines around her eyes, the slight puffiness of her cheeks. Despite everything - the cold, the impending threat of fatherhood, the chaos - she seemed to glow in a way he couldn't quite put into words, and it was beautiful.

He couldn’t help but allow his amber gaze to linger on her for several more moments, before a quiet yawn. "Pups will be hard work, won't they?" He mused aloud, his low voice carrying a rare note of uncertainty. His paw came to rest more firmly on her side, the warmth of his touch seeping through her fur. A soft gust of wind rustled their coats and sent a scatter of snowflakes fluttering around them. “It sounds like we should rest up now.” There was humor in his tired voice. But even still, the exhaustion seemed to only get heavier. He offered her a gentle grin as he motioned back toward their den. It was time to call it a night so early in the morning.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

06-15-2024, 02:44 AM
Absinth's laughter was soft, almost lost in the wind. "Outdo me in charm? They'll have to learn from the best, won't they?" She leaned into his touch, finding comfort in the familiar warmth of his embrace. Her tail flicked playfully as she nuzzled her head against his chest, savoring the sound of his heartbeat. "Pups will be hard work, but they’ll also be worth every moment of chaos. All I ever wished for as a child was love from my parents. Normal, good love. Even if I was a little shit."
She gazed up at him, her eyes shimmering with a mix of excitement and apprehension despite her confession. "We'll handle it, Aresenn. Together. Better than our own fucking parents ever dreamed of." Her voice was a whisper, filled with determination. Only he was privy to this side of her.
As he motioned toward their den, she gave a nod, a small smile playing on her lips. "Rest sounds good," She agreed, her voice gentle and rough. "Especially if there's cuddles. If not, you’ll pay for it, Motherfucker." With that, she began to move towards the den, her steps slow and deliberate.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. you touch the bump I punch your throat The Polar Sound 02:51 PM, 06-04-2024 01:23 PM, 06-20-2024