size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Rapid Poster - BronzeCritical Observation!1KOverachieverSamhain 2022
05-27-2024, 11:06 PM

She had a load of a variety of shells and various bits and pieces of obsidian that she had collected from Obsidian beach a while ago. Now that she had some time and not much to do today, she figured she'd settle down and make something out of her new collection. Perhaps some jewelry...or maybe she'd enhance her gear, or maybe even something else entirely should inspiration strike. She pulled the satchel of assorted shells and obsidian and other odds and ends, and made her way to the bottom of the falls where she found a good spot to settle down and carefully emptied the contents out onto the ground in front of her. She would start to lay the pieces out before her, sorting them by color, and some by size to see what she had to work with.

"Speak"

Eltrys

Polaris
Chief

Expert Fighter (235)

Master Intellectual (290)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
06-10-2024, 12:43 PM

The dark earthen male gathered some of the materials he had been collecting from his hunts and wandering around Auster. He had cleaned and stripped several bones, antlers, and quills from a porcupine, along with making hides and leather and tough fine strings. He had decided to make a rather formidable necklace and brought out the materials when he saw that the great white bear Saga seemed to have similar plans of crafting today.

"Heya, I see great minds think alike. I was also crafting today. Mind if I sit with you while we work?" He asked with a large basket filled to the brim.

Saga

Polaris
War Chief

Master Fighter (250)

Expert Intellectual (195)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-11-2024, 12:13 AM

She had just finished sorting out her materials when she heard the approach of someone familiar. Her lips quirked up in a smile as Eltrys approached, and she nodded, inviting the man to join her. "Of course! And feel free to use whatever I have if you'd like," She offered as she gave him the space he needed to settle down to work. She tapped a long claw on the ground as she pondered what to make. She had shells, obsidian pieces, feathers, leather cord, and a couple of other things she could use to make necklaces or bracelets or...well, she wasn't totally sure what else just yet. She wasn't even sure where to start, honestly. She hadn't made jewelry yet, just her set of armor. "What are you thinking of making?" She asked, curious to see if she could draw any ideas from him.

"Speak"

Eltrys

Polaris
Chief

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
06-20-2024, 04:24 PM

Eltrys was glad of the invitation and settled right down next to the might bear.
"Likewise! I have many bones, and quills, and even antlers! Take what you wish!" He replied and placed his basket between them. He tipped it over to let the contents spill out but was careful not to mix it with what the bear had already carefully sorted and organized.

He started to pull out some of the quills and string and pricked his ears up at Saga's question.
"I thought of making a necklace with these spines. Might look fairly intimidating." He mentioned as he brought out a long slender knife that he had in his kit. Something he found along the edge of the stream, rusted and old. He used it to make small holes in each quill.
"Speech!"
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

Saga

Polaris
War Chief

Master Fighter (250)

Expert Intellectual (195)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-21-2024, 01:24 PM

"Thank you!" That would certainly open up some options, though as she looked at what they had all gathered to work with, and with his idea of making a necklace out of the quills, she looked at her options. A light bulb moment popped up, and she decided she would make a necklace made with the smaller bone pieces and some feathers! Grabbing a piece of corded leather, she wrapped it around her own wrist for measure, and when she was satisfied with the length, she carefully cut the excess with her claw.

Taking a couple of smaller bones, she used her longer claw to carve a hole into it, twisting and turning her claw until eventually, she was able to drill a small hole through where she then slid it onto the leather cord. She repeated doing this, alternating between bone piece and feather on the bracelet. And for the centerpiece, a nice, smooth, shiny obsidian stone.

"Speak"

Eltrys

Polaris
Chief

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

06-23-2024, 09:30 PM

Eltrys gets somewhat lost in what Saga is doing for a moment before he brings his attention back to his own craft. He liked the way she put the bones on and where she was putting the obsidian stone.

When he was done piercing the quills he strung a long piece of thin dried gut through them but decided that the look Saga was going with might work as better for what he was doing. He took out a few small bones from the pile and strung a small bone between each spine. He took a small hawks skull and strung the gut through that so it would sit in the middle of the necklace, then continued the pattern. Quil, bone, quil, bone, quil, bone until he came to the and and pulled it over his head to measure. He took a few bones and quills out, tied the necklace, and placed it on. He was fairly satisfied with how it fit him! He had a fairly thick muscular neck too, perhaps it would even fit Saga's neck too.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. She Sells Sea Shells by the Sea Shore Lazuli Falls 11:06 PM, 05-27-2024 11:32 AM, 07-17-2024