ardent

Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision.

Saga

Eltrys

Polaris
Chief

Expert Fighter (235)

Master Intellectual (290)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
06-10-2024, 12:27 PM

The meeting had ended and Eltrys stepped forward to intercept their new bear leader for a quiet talk after she had the chance to speak to the other members about their places and ranks individually.

"Saga," He started, bowing his head in reverence to her new rank, "I thank you for your acknowledgment and new place among Ethn-Polaris." he quickly corrected himself with the new name of their home. Dipping his head in apology. He'd like to let her recover from no doubt being bombarded by questions and directions from the others, but he hoped to receive a little clarification for his new status.

"What new duties would you be expecting of me, and how might I help this transition for you?" He was eager to earn her respect and rally the pack around her. Unity and courage would get them through these hard times and he was prepared to put in the footwork

"Speech!"
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

Saga

Polaris
War Chief

Master Fighter (250)

Expert Intellectual (195)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Rapid Poster - BronzeCritical Observation!1KOverachieverSamhain 2022
06-11-2024, 12:53 AM

Her first meeting had gone alright. It wasn't anything spectacular, mind, but it was necessary information that everyone needed to know. Maybe later they could have another meeting for something more lighthearted, or...something. As things started to settle down post meeting, Eltrys approached her and she returned the dip of his head with one of her own, a small smile quirking up at the Ethne-Polaris thing. "It's gonna take some getting used to, I know," Hell, even she would have to get used to it!

When he asked about his new duties and how he could help, she sat down and thought for a moment. "Well...with things having been so...volatile...lately, and with all the uncertainty and stuff going on, I feel like I could use a little more help. I appreciated you stepping in and helping the day that Gilgamesh thought himself entitled to pull the stunt he did, and I noticed you have a pretty level head on your shoulders, a clear thinker, something we could desperately use right now." Honestly, there was much to do to try and repair the damage, though she didn't care at this moment in time to repair whatever damage there was between the two packs. Not yet, anyway. "As a beta position, you'll have the responsibility of recruiting, helping to train the lower ranks, and making sure everyone is good to go and keeping up with training, too. I know we're supposed to be on the path of neutrality, but that doesn't mean we should let ourselves be so lax all the time. You never know when trouble will come knocking again..."

"Speak"

Eltrys

Polaris
Chief

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
06-11-2024, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2024, 02:49 PM by Eltrys. Edited 1 time in total.)

Saga was rather pleasant to talk to! He didn't know what to expect and was gladdened that she seemed receptive to him. He mirrored her movement and sat as well.

He dipped his head again in thanks for her praise. As a result of his upbringing, and perhaps his personality, he had received such praise before. Thinking before acting, and moving with purpose and efficiency, are all traits he recognized and held a humble pride for.

"Thank you for your praise. I wish to know you better so I could praise your qualities equally. I can certainly recruit and do my best in training, surely together we can forge strong bonds! I've recently decided to try my paw at defensive fighting. Would you be available to teach me some of your moves so that we may fight well together?" He didn't keep on fighting, and the idea of raids was not something he imagined he wanted to take part in but to defend! He wanted to know how others fought, how to fight side by side with Saga and Haydee, and defend the place he had come to call home.

Saga

Polaris
War Chief

Master Fighter (250)

Expert Intellectual (195)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Rapid Poster - BronzeCritical Observation!1KOverachieverSamhain 2022
06-21-2024, 01:02 PM

She offered a smile and a dip of her head in respect to him. While she didn't know him very well yet, she was sure that would change in due time. "I do not need praise, I'm simply trying to do what I can to help ease my family's burden. My mother has been through much in her life, and now Haydee is going through hard trials. I am hoping we can, as you say, forge strong bonds." Now wouldn't that be something? For the pack to be a united front against all odds? She wondered how achievable or impossible that would be. After all, she wasn't a wolf, and although she witnessed the family bonds of one, she didn't know how a wolf naturally worked. They lived in packs, sure, but there were loners who preferred to be just that, too. Her own kind were naturally solitary...surely even so, she could lead a pack just fine, no?

At his request of teaching him how she fought, she felt that smile of hers quirk up a bit more. "I think I can arrange something, sure! If you've ever fought a bear before, forget everything you thought you knew. They mostly fight with wild abandon. My fighting style is completely different." That was truth enough in itself. She noticed the way they fought versus the way she fought. Definitely a big difference. "When would you like to start?"

"Speak"

Eltrys

Polaris
Chief

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

06-25-2024, 08:29 PM

Eltrys couldn't help the glimmer in his eyes and an uptick of his smile at Haydee's name. He appreciated Saga's diligence in protecting her family and easing the burdens placed on them.

"They've both shared with me the tip of the iceberg of the trials they have endured. They've also asked me, separately, to promise to protect their family and kin. I promised them both, and that extends to you as well, Saga." He still struggled to put down the formal facade, it was as much a part of him as his face.

He chuckles and shifts his weight on his paws, "I have not fought one of your kind before! Indeed I have not fought many. I was raised a pacifist, as a priest, I'll take any knowledge you may impart!" He replied gladly.

"Shall we meet tomorrow? I'm sure there are a few others that may need to speak with you after your announcements. I appreciate what time you've given me." She was easy to speak to, and he was becoming more comfortable in her presence, towering bear as she was. He wondered how the heat of Auster affected her.

"Speech!"
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision. Lazuli Falls 12:27 PM, 06-10-2024 05:05 PM, 08-31-2024