build
Light
player
Skelle

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
06-02-2024, 01:40 AM
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION
"Speech!"

Defeating the child had been rather easy, but getting everything ready and sorted to call together those that agreed to join her? That was some real work. Part of her had considered enlisting one of her children or even Medusa's help to make sure she wasn't forgetting anything, but she felt confident that she would be able to figure it out or at least get the general point across.

Her plan was to call everyone together the following day so she spent her time now memorizing the winding maze-like paths of the woods and her companions were doing the same. Even though the sun was out on the warm summer day, very little line shone through the tops of the gnarled trees and kept the overgrown, wild mess rather dark and cool. Widow loved it, honestly, especially the giant wisteria in the middle that would become her den and soon the meeting ground, at least until her reach could expand onto that island out east.... she had plans for that island, but first she had to grow the numbers of her soon to be newfound group of sinners.

Weaving in and out of the various paths and tunnels, she wasn't surprised that the place seemed rather abandoned. A few skeletons here and there suggested others hadn't made it out without finding an exit or a meal first, and although that should worry Widow, it was actually quite the opposite. Those that would choose to live here would eventually memorize the path, or they would pay for it. Anyone that tried to raid them or even just trespass would likely get lost and trapped, easy to gang up on and drag into the heart of the woods like a spider capturing a meal in her web.

Commissions are open! Check out my shop here!

PSA: I own widow's design as of 2/25/2022

Blackfoot

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (50)

Beginner Hunter (10)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Plymouth
06-02-2024, 04:50 PM

There was something different in the air, something that she couldn't quite put her paw on. As she wandered the familiar twisting paths to the lake that she liked to swim in, she tried to figure it out. Perhaps it was the rustling in the woods that made it seem more alive. Like there were more wolves than usual slinking about. Eltrys? Hmm... maybe but maybe not. Perhaps it was his pack that was snooping, attempting to make this their home. Puh... it would figure that a spot she'd started to like would become inhabited. Perhaps it wasn't Eltrys' pack at all but someone else. Perhaps her mind was just playing tricks on her as this place was rather creepy, no?

Those things didn't really bother her and she was hardly superstitious. Still, she'd like to know what was going on and had a feeling she'd find out before too long.

She arrived at the lake nestled within the woods. She stepped right up to the edge, lowering her head to get a drink while she kept attention on the surroundings around her.

"Dialogue"

Death inspires me
like a dog inspires a rabbit

Coding © Plymouth | Images © bulletblend, Lakela, Saurabh Gupta

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

06-09-2024, 05:29 PM
"Speech!"

Eventually, the long twisting paths of the woods would end and Widow found herself with a bit of light, signalling the end of the wooded maze. Part of her wasn't ready for the path to end, however as a breeze wafted through the entry into the woods, Widow picked up the scent of another. It was faint, but it was fresh and close.

Departing from the thickest of the entanglement, there was a small lake stretched out before her with additional trees scattered about. She could see the dark form of another leaning down to get a drink and slowly made her approach, changing her position so she would be closing in from the side rather than behind the stranger. Although she wouldn't turn down a fight protecting this land if she had to, she wasn't interested in opening with it and was instead more interested in seeing if this stranger would be more interested in keeping what could very well be their home, only as long as they bowed to her.

"Greetings, my name is Widow. Do you live around here?" she asked with a friendly and sweet voice, completely unlike her if you really knew her though the pleasant smile stretched across her face was hopefully enough to sell the 'friendly stranger' guise. If it weren't for the wicked look in her eyes, at least.

Blackfoot

Loner

Beginner Hunter (10)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Plymouth
06-10-2024, 08:35 AM

She heard the approach of the other right before the scent came to her. She finished drinking and lifted her head to watch them come closer. The lady was a dark wolf glad in the markings of a feline with striking gold on her face. This woman was also massive, towering over Blackfoot while also being built quite lightly. She didn't know how to feel about that... best to keep her manners in check.

So far though, the other seemed nice enough. Her voice gentle, kind. There was even a smile stretched across her face though Blackfoot didn't return it. It was nothing personal, she just never really smiled. Her face was always a mask of impassivity or bitchiness. Right now, it was the former as she was curious about the other woman. "Blackfoot." She responded simply with her own name. "Live nowhere." Wherever she laid her head was wherever she decided to stay for the night. That was how it had always been as her mother had never wanted to settle in a pack. As of now, she also hadn't really thought about it and it was out of the ordinary for her to even have a companion. Although as far as wolves went, Hala wasn't too bad.

There was something in the other's eyes, something that reminded her of her mother. It put her a little on edge and made her think about all the possible exits should something turn nasty. "You?" She figured she could get her question answered about the changed atmosphere here.

"Dialogue"

Death inspires me

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

06-17-2024, 02:47 AM
"Speech!"

The woman before her was quite strange, speaking in broken sentences that only seemed to give forth the most important information. She was used to the odd ways others would speak thanks to Medusa and some of her children, though this was something else entirely. She couldn't fault the woman for wanting to save time however, though she couldn't imagine speaking like that herself.

It was good to know that she wasn't living here though, although she was open to chasing others off if need be. Perhaps this woman would stay, or perhaps she would go, but at least she didn't seem attached. That was all that really mattered. "Technically yes; I will be claiming this land tomorrow for my pack to settle on," she said, deciding that being frank was the best way to go. No sense in beating around the bush, especially with this one she felt.

Blackfoot

Loner

Beginner Hunter (10)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Plymouth
06-25-2024, 07:11 AM

Ah, so that's why it felt different here now. An impending pack. Others were probably moving in, some moving out. It would be unfortunate to lose one of her swimming spots, but she had others that she could use. She wasn't stubborn enough nor tied enough to this spot to try to argue with a pack. That was a fool's task.

Especially with an alpha as large as this.

Speaking of packs... "Pack?" Her ears tilted forward, head inclining slightly with that impassive gaze. Clearly, an ask for her to expound on this pack. It would be interesting to know who resided here and perhaps she could take the information back to Hala. In case she had any interest in it.

"Dialogue"

Death inspires me

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

06-29-2024, 11:46 PM
"Speech!"

Her questioning tone left Widow to briefly wonder if the woman before her had ever been in or even heard of a pack before. Certainly, right? She was a wolf, so Widow allowed herself to believe she was just questioning something else. Perhaps about her pack?

"We'll be called Hellborn; a collection of sinners, mostly. Interested?" She asked, curiosity piqued. Perhaps the woman wouldn't find the place to be fitting, and that would be fine, though Widow would have to stress her departure come the next day. She would keep that part to herself for now though, not wanting to cause any problems.

Blackfoot

Loner

Beginner Hunter (10)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Plymouth
07-02-2024, 04:07 PM

Hellborn? Sinners? What on earth was that supposed to mean?

The blue's head tilted to one side, clearly relaying her confusion at the choice of description for her pack. "Elaborate?" Because it left her wanting to know a bit more. With an initial description like that, how could she not?

As for if she was interested...

"Don't travel alone. Depends on my companion." She'd never really given much thought to packs before. Perhaps Hala would have more definitive thoughts on the matter. She could bring additional information back to the dark woman and they could discuss.

It surprised her that she cared at all what the other woman thought. With her mother, she had been happy to walk off and just leave but with Hala... she wanted to make sure they were still on the same page, was all.

"Dialogue"

Death inspires me

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. hell is forever Wraith's Woods 01:40 AM, 06-02-2024 11:36 PM, 09-08-2024