size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Rapid Poster - BronzeCritical Observation!1KOverachieverSamhain 2022
06-21-2024, 01:43 PM

Finally, she had some time to go and do these political visits or whatever it was that wolves did. There was mention of some packs out this way, so Saga had taken the time to pack up some stuff and headed out. She was familiar with the trails that led North, and while she wasn't going directly that way this time, the paths were familiar still. The mountains where the pack she was heading too were close enough to the North that as she got closer, she could feel the cold winds and the flakes of snow that began to drift from the gray skies. She, of course, couldn't help the grin that spread. It didn't get cold enough in Auster, but up here? The cold was welcome. She often took trips up North for a few days to just...be a damn polar bear in its natural world, but now with these new responsibilities, she hadn't been able to go as often.

By the time she approached the scent marked borders, the ground had a blanket of snow already, and she was so tempted to roll around in the snow and kick it up and just play. After all, she was still a kid to her own species. But alas, she refrained...she was here on business. Sort of. Playing around in the snow surely would send the wrong impression, no?

"Speak"

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - GoldWordyUnderachieverCritical Fail!
06-25-2024, 06:03 PM

It was safe to say that Delphi was surprised when she say the polar bear standing at her borders. At first, she didn't pay it no mind. Polar bears often wandered down from the upper regions in search of food and as long as they weren't bothering the pack, she let them be. But this one was different. She could tell by the tribal markings that adorned the fur, and quite frankly, because it appeared more intelligent. As if they were inspecting the territory before them.

Curious by the phenomenon, Delphi ventures toward the ursine with caution and a bit of apprehension. She had fought polar bears before and they weren't always the nicest of creatures. Stopping a more than respectable distance, her paws sinking in to the fresh snow as it falls around her, she looks up, like all the way up, at the bear. "Can you... understand me?" Delphi questions, her brow furrowing, clearly not knowing that this particular polar bear was actually an alpha of another pack.

Saga

Polaris
War Chief

Master Fighter (250)

Expert Intellectual (195)

gems
size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

07-15-2024, 11:40 PM

She didn't have to wait long before someone came to meet her. And while the girl that arrived looked way up at her, Saga found herself craning her neck to look down. She was tiny, but then again, Saga was used to seeing tiny wolves, especially considering half her family were as small, or almost as small as this yearling wolf was. Though the question posed to her brought a soft quirk to her lip. Expected, as the hesitation was a common reaction to her presence. "I can, yes. In fact...I've come here to speak about our packs," She did her best to keep her smile from growing, amber gaze carefully watching the yearling girl for her reaction. "My name is Saga, the current alpha of Polaris in Auster. I imagine you're the leader of this pack here?"

"Speak"

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

07-25-2024, 11:43 AM
Delphi's eyes widen slowly as Saga begins to speak. Practically sitting on her rump with how far she has to tilt her head up, she is more than surprised at the words coming from the bear's mouth. Her pack? Delphi blinks slowly a few times, brain rotating like the wheel of death as she tries to register what that meant. She can't help how her jaw goes slack when it hits her.

"No fuckin' way," she whispers, a grin growing across her lips as she gives her head a gentle shake. "You run a pack? Like a pack of wolves? Not bears? That's so cool," Delphi's voice grows in volume as she tail begins to wag furiously. A polar bear leading a pack! Who would've thought? Her head tilts though, slightly confused. "So why Auster though? Shouldn't you guys be up north where its like always cold?" A brow lifts, a moment of silence before she realizes she hadn't answered Saga's last question or introduced herself.

"Oh, right. Yes! I'm Delphi, Curator of Hemlock. We reside here on the mountain," she points her nose to the rising peaks behind her before bringing her gaze once more back up to Saga. Hopefully the bear wasn't completely offended by her words or demeanor.

"Delphi"

Saga

Polaris
War Chief

Master Fighter (250)

Expert Intellectual (195)

gems
size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

07-29-2024, 11:04 PM

She couldn't help the light giggle that slipped out at Delphi's reaction. "Yes, I lead a pack of wolves same as you! Unfortunately, my kind are few and far in between. At least, when it comes to the level of intelligence that you and I have." Then Delphi begged the question. Why Auster? Honestly, Saga wanted to move up North. But her family seemed quite attached to the lands they had in Auster, even with all the tragedy of their father and the other problems they've had since. She understood to a degree, but also, she figured living elsewhere would've been better. But alas, she was doing her best to keep them happy, so she'd suffer for the time being. "My family has lived there for quite some time. I wasn't born in Auster, but many in my family and pack are quite attached to the lands there. I do make frequent trips up North, and there is a beach nearby, so that helps some..." Granted, it still wasn't the same for her. It was inconvenient even, but she wouldn't complain to them about it.

The small girl would at last introduce herself as Delphi, Curator of the Hemlock pack. Her gaze lifted up to the mountain behind the wolf, taking in the heights and the snow that lingered at its peaks. Admittedly, she was a little jealous. They probably had snow year-round, something Saga sorely missed. "It's a pleasure, Delphi! And you have a lovely name, might I add! Tell me, if you don't mind, a little about your pack? Do you trade at all?"

"Speak"

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

08-05-2024, 11:34 AM
Delphi's attention is rapt upon the massive polar bear. Though she has to take a few steps backward to get a better look at Saga's face, she doesn't look away. There were far too many questions she wanted to ask! It was very interesting to Delphi that Saga could speak, have intelligence, just like she did, but very few other bears did not. Why? Of course, that wasn't something she expected Saga to know or understand, but maybe it was a conversation for another time.

Her lips purse for a moment, contemplative on the words Saga says. "I get it. My family and pack are quite attached to the mountain as well though I do not feel the same... permanence as they do," Delphi agrees with a nod, a sad sort of sigh leaving her lips as she looks up at the peaks.

When she looks back, Saga is complimenting her name and this makes her docked tail wag furiously. "Your name is pretty rad too, Saga!" She practically chirps, bouncing on her paws a little bit as Saga inquires more about her pack and trading. "Ah yes, we are still finding our paws in the trading business. Our previous leader allowed the pack to slip into a bit of a lull so I've been trying to find ways to invigorate the pack," her honesty was probably not the best policy when openly speaking to another alpha, but frankly, she didn't quite care. If there was no vulnerability in the world, the world would be terrible in her opinion.

"I intend to keep the pack at a neutral stance with everyone. We make no enemies, but also no allies. We help if others need it, no matter who they are. If issues arise, we do our best to keep our noses out of it unless mediation is necessary," Delphi is firm now in her words as she tries to meet Saga's gaze.

"Delphi"