size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - Gay (MLM)Samhain 2022
06-24-2024, 05:31 PM
Enki has thrown himself into being the temporary alpha of Insomnia because Medusa had trusted him to lead. That means that he has taken over the majority of the pack business and, as he slowly settles in to his role, he realizes that there are some wolves that he wishes to check in with. Today, he wishes to talk with Veigar. The man was a bit reclusive and it worries the pale wolf that he isolates so much so, with that in mind, he treks out to an empty spot on the plains that is more private and secluded which means less chance of them being interrupted.

Once he arrives, Enki settles his rump on the ground before tilting his head back to sing a gentle call for Veigar. There is no urgency in his voice and no hint of anger or anything that might be thought of as scolding. No, the pale pink man simply wishes to speak with the more solitary man and he leaves the howl as an open invitation to join him for some one-on-one time. As his voice fades into the winter air, he waits to see if Veigar will show up or if he will have to go and seek him out.

"Enki Klein"

Veigar

Loner

Advanced Fighter (81)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Nyx

Ooh La LaSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipCritical Attack!All Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3
07-01-2024, 01:55 PM

The sound of a call specifically for him did nothing but thrust Veigar into a sense of high anxiety. He hadn't done anything of interest lately - though he'd been quietly working on honing his fighting skills he hadn't done anything that should earn him council with Enki. Or anyone, for that matter. He felt he had some sort of quiet understanding with Medusa, but Enki he didn't know anything about.

And quite frankly, that was fine by him - the less everyone knew about him, the better.

Fitting in wasn't quite so easy when he stuck out like a sore thumb the more someone got to know him. Hiding in the shadows was a life he greatly preferred. He knew better than to ignore his call, though he came to him with gritted teeth. Making his way through the plains was easy enough for the blind man, though by the time he found Enki his head was low, gaze averted to the ground. Maybe it could be interpreted as respect, but really he was trying to hide those sightless eyes of his.

The way his luminescent markings ebbed faintly was hopefully a distraction from his mannerisms, which were odd by anyone's standards.

"You called?"

Veigar is completely blind; his eyes are a hazy shade of pale yellow, though he tries his best to hide this fact.
His saliva also glows a faint shade of neon green since the Ooze event.

Enki

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Navigator (235)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

07-22-2024, 06:42 PM
Enki waits patiently for the man he summoned and is rewarded with the sight of Veigar’s tan and white fur not too long after. Head cants to the side in quiet surprise as he watches the glowing man’s approach, noting the way he keeps his head low and how his mannerisms seem somehow… off. Stowing the observations away for later, he offers a warm smile as he says, “Hello Veigar. I was hoping to have a chat with you. Don’t worry you didn’t do anything wrong.”

A soft chuckle is breathed out as he pats the grass near him, indicating that he wishes for Veigar to sit with him. Keen eyes scan the man as Enki watches him, trying to figure out what seems so off about him. Tail slowly swings back and forth behind him, gently ruffling the grass as he enjoys the warmth that the early spring day offers. Once Veigar is settled, he gently asks, “Are you happy here, Veigar?” The question is a way for him to cage how the other man is feeling and what, if anything, he can do to help.

"Enki Klein"

Veigar

Loner

Advanced Fighter (81)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Nyx

Ooh La LaSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipCritical Attack!All Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3
08-07-2024, 12:49 PM

Enki spoke, and Veigar felt relieved, but only slightly. He hadn't done anything wrong in particular, though maybe his reclusive nature was an issue for the younger alpha. There was no way to be sure what the other man thought of him though, so the fear that he was being a disappointment in some way was ever-present. He hummed quiet acknowledgment as Enki spoke, giving a nod of his head to go along with it.

He missed Enki's cue to sit down beside him entirely, though in the silence that followed he took a few steps closer. His posture was lax, not necessarily friendly but submissive enough. His question though caught Veigar off guard.

Was he happy here? Veigar didn't know. He wasn't sure he really knew what being happy felt like. Maybe he'd been happy when his mother had been alive, though his memories of her were hazy now, and quite  difficult to bring to the forefront of his mind. He had been happy with Aryn, at least for a little while. Besides that he had small, fleeting moments of happiness, but he couldn't recall anything quite so memorable since he'd lost his sight. Nothing made him feel much of anything these days, unless that emotion was the dull aching spite that now seemed to live trapped in his chest.

"No," he breathed finally after a long moment of careful thought. "It's nothing against Insomnia though, or you. I'm grateful I've been allowed to stay as long as I have, but I don't belong here anymore."

He spoke before realizing what he was really saying, without really understanding. He'd die on his own, he was certain of it, but maybe it was no use any longer delaying the inevitable. There was nothing left for him here - or probably anywhere at all.

Veigar is completely blind; his eyes are a hazy shade of pale yellow, though he tries his best to hide this fact.

Enki

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Navigator (235)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

08-19-2024, 05:02 PM
Enki watches Veigar intently, his head cocking to the side in quiet assessment as the older male choses not to come sit beside him. Wondering if he has offended the man in some way, the pale pink wolf silently waits, allowing the distance to close with a few hesitant steps from the other man. Ears are perked, waiting to hear what the man feels and he is only slightly surprised when he voices his unhappiness at being here.

A sad, understanding smile tugs at the corners of his mouth as he dips his head in acknowledgement, softly asking, “I am sorry that you feel that way Veigar but appreciate your honesty. So, you certain then? Insomnia is not the place for you anymore and there is no way I or anyone else can help you?” Enki will not stand in his way if he wishes to leave and he briefly wonders what the world holds for Veigar beyond the borders of Insomnia. Whatever it is, he only hopes that it is kind to him.

"Enki Klein"

Veigar

Loner

Advanced Fighter (81)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Nyx

The Ooze - Variation 3
08-21-2024, 06:46 PM

The emptiness that had consumed him for so long wasn't a burden anyone had to bear but himself. It was too heavy for anyone to even see a glimpse into - and he felt he'd leaned on them all here for long enough. Not that he asked for much, but he deserved even less. His path seemed so clear to him now. He needed to leave, needed to go somewhere else. Maybe it'd end in his death. And maybe, just maybe, that wouldn't be such a bad outcome after all.

"I am certain," he said finally, after a brief pause. "All I ask is that if I return, maybe you'd consider allowing me again." Asking for such a thing felt hard, and he knew if he did decide he couldn't fare on his own he knew it would invite a conversation he wasn't quite ready to have today, not with this man he barely knew. "Thank you though - again. Insomnia is the only home I've ever really known." Speaking like this wasn't done easily for the blind man. He found himself gritting his teeth slightly, though he was being genuine.

Enki

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Navigator (235)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

08-26-2024, 11:14 PM
There is a brief pause after his asks if Veigar is certain this is what he wants but Enki can already tell that it is. The reclusive man is unhappy here and he will not stand in the way of Veigar’s attempt to go out into the world and find his joy. Words are offered, affirming that the shorter male’s mind is made up and the pale pink man nods absently to himself and sympathizes with how he feels about Insomnia being the only home that the earthen man has ever known.

With Veigar’s mind made up, Enki straightens his back and gently declares, “Veigar, you are free to go. There is no ill-will between you and Insomnia and I personally, wish you only the best things in life. I will talk with Medusa but I am confident that, if you ever wish to return home one day, our borders will be open to you.”

A soft smile is given although he does not realize that the man cannot see it and Enki dips his head with finality as he officially releases Veigar from the ranks of Insomnia.

"Enki Klein"