size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
06-24-2024, 02:35 PM
Now that some weeks had passed since forming her pack, Widow decided to step outside the borders and do some exploring around the woods that she had claimed. She had never been to auster before and was certainly interested in scoping it out and figuring out which place would be best to expand into. Heading east from the borders, she followed a river and walked at a leisurely pace with no real plan. She just wanted to look around and maybe she'd be lucky enough to find a good land to spread into.

The woods had almost everything they needed. There was protection, hunting, and fresh water. Though because she had every intention of expanding and growing to rival some of the packs around, what the woods could offer would only be enough for so long. Therefore it was important that she go out and look for a new land close enough, perhaps with additional dens or hunting purposes. Something that wouldn't require much protecting would be ideal as well, so something on the coast wold be preferred but she would leave her mind open. Besides, decisions weren't meant to be made today, she wanted the packs suggestions and input as well.

Following the river led her to to a deep ravine, stone walls stretching up high around her. The water smelled briefly brackish before the scented wave of ocean water hit her, the salt unmistakeable to a woman who was only familiar with fresh water. Was salt water even useful for anything? She wondered if any of her Sinners would have ideas or suggestions and was beginning to wonder if this should have just been a group outing instead.

"Speech!"

CODE © SKELLE/WITCHDOGTOR DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION
Commissions are open! Check out my shop here!

PSA: I own widow's design as of 2/25/2022

Mae

Hellborn
Sinner

Beginner Navigator (10)

Beginner Healer (10)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Disaster

Pride - Bisexual1K
06-24-2024, 08:02 PM
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION
Mae would follow the queen, Watching walls tower up both sides of them, they were tall covered in slate and thick stone. Prints from those that passed threw caused her nostrils to sneeze out. Looking towards the woman before her. "These walls may have a lot of stuff to offer, but not many herbs around that one could use to gather, although there are lands near by to do that. We could possibly make this a prime fishing spot or training of different sorts." She spoke out, ears swivel back. As she smelt at the air. "There are many more dangers here that could sneak up on us without warning also Widow. So we'd have to be prepared for that, although hides may come in handy." A smile was given forth.

Mae was cautious as surveying the area around them both, her tail giving a gentle whip. Her eyes scanning the areas that lay ahead and behind them, ears constantly swiveling. The pack was growing and for that she did understand they would all need room to expand. "Maybe we can check out other areas before deciding on just one?" She wasn't challenging her alphas choice but throwing ideas out to her.

"Speech!"

Reaper may join any threads that involves Mae All Titles to Threads are from Fleetwood Mac songs

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

06-29-2024, 11:19 PM
When Mae had joined her, Widow acknowledged her presence with a silent nod and continued on, leading the way into the canyon. As the stone walls stretched skyward beside them, she listened to her words and considered them. She had a point, and a good one at that, but perhaps she couldn't see what Widow saw. That was okay, she'd show her.

"I appreciate your insight, Mae," she began with a soft smile after turning her gaze to her. "We have most of what we need in the woods, but what we don't have in the woods we can have here. If you study the canyon walls, there appear to be caves. Potential dens perhaps, storage, you know," she finished with a slight shrug, looking away and upwards, studying the face of one of the canyon walls, wondering if the apparent caves lead into a tunnel system or if they were in fact just caves. Regardless, they could be useful she was certain.

"However, I am open to looking around the other areas, but I do think this is a promising territory," she said and turned her gaze back to Mae once more. "Have you found another promising place?"

"Speech!"

Mae

Hellborn
Sinner

Beginner Navigator (10)

Beginner Healer (10)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Disaster

Pride - Bisexual1K
06-30-2024, 08:54 AM
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION
Mae smiled as the lady, her queen acknowledged her. Listening as Widow spoke, ears erect as listening to her vocals. Thoughts soon going to surrounding lands. However bent canyon wasn't all that bad, but there was cedar falls which fed into their pond, then the god's garden which had places they could build although not as big as the falls or the canyon. Or even grapevine cathedral. Sure it was a little farther way, but it offered a lovely spot as well as hunting grounds. Hunting wouldn't be all to bad within wraith's woods.

Thoughts ran rampt within Mae's mind. Widow was right that the faces of the walls did offer dens and storages, but then they'd have to worry about it flooding which could cause trouble. Mae's voice came out then. "I am wondering about Cedar Falls or Grapevine Cathedral possibly The God's Garden. Although Cedar Falls and the cathedral offer more prime hunting as the lands already owned, wouldn't bad." Eyes once more scanning the area. "I am worried about flooding here, I heard stories of floods. And some are not pretty."

The thought sent a chill over the slate hued woman, something she didn't care for. But Mae stood there hoping that she did however make the right choice in voicing up about other options. Then there was that tall mountain off in the distance. Turning her attention that way for a moment. "What is that even? Although it hovers with the scent of a new pack." The younger woman asked as looking towards Brimstone Lake.

"Speech!"

Reaper may join any threads that involves Mae All Titles to Threads are from Fleetwood Mac songs

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

07-01-2024, 01:18 AM
Widow made certain to listen to her words, to take in everything that she had to say. She made some good points, of course, but Widow was left to wonder how much Mae new about the other packs around them. She certainly didn't know much, but she wasn't ignorant of the borders they shared and came close to sharing.

"You make some very good points, however there are a few reasons I'm looking here first," she started and took a soft breath, readying herself to give a short explanation. "While Cedar Falls isn't, God's Garden would share a border with another pack and as it stands, we already share a border with two packs. The Grapevine Cathedral is unfortunately also a bit too far. While Cedar Falls I'm sure would be a lovely territory to expand into, it's not even what this territory has to offer that is most interesting to me," she paused, though as Mae was looking off in the distance towards a mountain, even Widow didn't know what it was. It looked like a volcano, but without smoke rising she wasn't sure. Maybe a dormant volcano?

"I believe that is or was a volcano, but I personally haven't been to look for myself," she said with a slight shrug and returned her gaze back out over the ocean. "The real reason I'm interested in this canyon is not only for the dens within the walls, but also for that island over there," she said and lifted a paw to motion towards it.

"Speech!"

Mae

Hellborn
Sinner

Beginner Navigator (10)

Beginner Healer (10)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Disaster

Pride - Bisexual1K
07-14-2024, 10:56 AM
The younger woman glanced to her Queen with admiration, Widows voice trailed out, giving Mae something to mull over and think about. The dire wolf did have a point, one that Mae respected, although she was one of the more gentle wolves of Hellborn she understood that they all had a task to do. Something that Mae honored.

Listening whild deep in though, as Widow stated her reasons to pick Bent Canyon, twin peaks swivel upon her cranium as coral like gaze goes to Widow once more. "We possibly could build up higher here, I do see your points. If you'd like I can get to work on some things also." Knowing there were ways to build and not worry.

Following her paw as her own gaze turned towards the island, eyes sparkle with curiousity. Wondering if there was anything they could use from there to help build with. "Very good points, now that I understand completely as to why. Would you like me to go and investiagate the area my Queen?"

The woman would always offer help, especially if it meant she could help the pack out.

"Mae"

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

07-15-2024, 03:47 AM
She was thankful that Mae understood her reasoning. Of course other lands probably made more immediate sense, but with that large structure and being surrounded by water, there was hardly anything safer. Though she intended on keeping everyone safely within the woods for now, perhaps the safety of the island would tempt many to spread out that way.

"Yes, that would be great. We will need a few to scout out the caves, rid them of any inhabitants, and map them out. We don't need anyone getting lost," she said with a slight smirk, though she had faith in her wolves. They had already learned the woods, certainly the caves and tunnels of these cliffs wouldn't be too hard.

"Just to be safe, we should send a group to go. We don't know what or who is on that island. Perhaps Reaper would go with us?" She was mostly thinking out loud, though she hadn't been blind and could smell the man on her. She figured he'd attend regardless of her invitation, if anything to keep her safe. She couldn't help but wonder if Erebos, Stolas, or Ravage would also try and the thought amused her briefly.

"Speech!"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. There's a special place in Hell for me, it's called the THRONE Bent Canyon 02:35 PM, 06-24-2024 01:31 AM, 08-20-2024