build
Light
player
Skelle

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
07-01-2024, 02:00 AM
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION
"Speech!"

The evening had fallen and darkness had taken over, though it wasn't like any light ever made it into the woods enough anyway. For that reason, Widow carried a small lantern along to illuminate the path she was already beginning to know like the top of her paw. After meeting Crux, Widow was certain that he had already gone to her but Widow wanted to speak to her herself. Not that she had changed or mind or had anything else to add, but mostly because she was curious as to what Triss wanted to do with her newly adult life.

Widow of course had plans and ideas for her, but she wasn't about to make decisions for her daughter that she could easily make herself. Setting the lantern down outside the den, Widow brought up a paw and drummed softly on the exterior with a soft smile. "Triss, my love, are you here?" she asked with a sweet voice.
Commissions are open! Check out my shop here!

PSA: I own widow's design as of 2/25/2022

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
07-23-2024, 01:23 AM
Triss was still adjusting to the new den that she had picked out with Crux. It was a work in progress, with one usable den, and a few offshoots that they planned to work on. She wasn’t expecting a knock at the door, but her mothers voice told her who was there pretty quickly.

Smiling, the little wolf trotted forward and stuck her head out of the den. “I’m here mum” she said, the sudden strange sensation of realising that this was her own place, separate from Widow, suddenly struck her. Nostalgia, and a new sense of self filled her as she grinned at the Queen. “Come in” she invited her mother

"Cryptis"

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

07-29-2024, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2024, 04:00 AM by Widow. Edited 1 time in total.)
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION
"Speech!"

When Triss responded she was grateful. She worried that she was off with Crux and that she would need to wait to talk to her, though it wasn't like she minded. Her daughter had found someone she loved and for that she was so happy, but she had important things to discuss now that she was old enough. Widow expected things of her children, and who better to serve as a good example than her eldest? If she would ever get to welcome more children into this world, potential heirs, then they would need a strong sibling to look up to and Widow hoped that would be Cryptis. Even if her health wasn't perfect, she was, and she wanted her to be a good role model for them.

"How are you doing?" she asked as she entered once invited. There were many things to talk about, especially a topic that seemed far more important than the one she had come for, but that... that was something she needed to talk to her about with Stolas... though she wasn't sure how the news would go. Certainly they had picked up on a few similarities? It wasn't like she looked much like him, though... but regardless, that wasn't the reason she was here. She wanted Cryptis to focus on other things for now, and now that she was a grown adult, certainly she had ideas on what she wanted to do with the rest of her life.

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
08-31-2024, 04:04 PM
Luckily they had picked out and modified the den with Crux in mind, so the towering queen was able to fit into the den without any issues. Her mothers question was… more loaded than perhaps the Queen realised. Where to begin? Triss was steadily building something for herself, and a part of her would always worry about and seek her mothers approval.

“I’ve been getting to know your friend Stolas, he seems nice.” She said as a neutral sort of starting point. “... And I asked Crux to marry me.” There, it was out in the world now. No taking it back. She looked at her mothers paws, suddenly worried what Widow would think. There had been a time when it had just been Triss and Widow against the world, and a part of Triss would always miss that. Did Widow miss it too?

"Cryptis"

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

09-02-2024, 04:01 AM

SpeechThink

Widow didn't know what she was expecting Cryptis to say, perhaps that she was doing well and that her health hadn't been bothering her much. Never once did she expect her to utter the words that she has asked Crux to marry her and she was surprised. It was clear on her face even, eyes widened and gaze changing to stare down at her daughter.

"Oh? And what did he say?" she asked, her tone sounding more threatening than she really meant for it to, but if he had turned her daughter down there would be some not-so-friendly words shared between her and this boy.

Blended with beauty and blessed by the divine
─ by Skelle !

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
09-08-2024, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2024, 08:58 PM by Cryptis. Edited 1 time in total.)
Looking down at her mother's feet, she missed most of the surprise in the Queen's expression. Her only anxiety had bubbled to the surface, and she found herself worrying what her mother would say.

Her mother's dark words didn't do much to soothe her. But she took a breath, and looked up into Widow's eyes. She loved Crux, and that's what mattered. “He said yes. He wants to marry me, too. I really love him, mom.” The last was said in a whisper, a plea for her mother to understand and approve. She wanted to spend the rest of her life with Crux, to tie him to her, and experience all the newness this world had to offer at his side.

"Cryptis"

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

09-08-2024, 08:08 PM

SpeechThink

Although Widow was tempted to believe that no one would ever be good enough for her daughter, she did have to admit that Crux was probably as close as one could get. Her expression softened and she smiled as Cryptis looked up at her and finished with his promise to marry her as well. A wedding would be exactly what Hellborn needed, and not just the pack, but her daughter as well. Perhaps once everything was formally settled she could focus on her future role, though Widow wouldn't blame her if she sought to have children first while her health was perhaps better.

"I suppose we need to start planning a wedding then," she said with a smile and leaned down to kiss the top of Tris' head softly. "I'm happy you've found someone," she hummed, but the news of their engagement wasn't the oonly news to be shared tonight. "Actually, I have something to tell you as well."

─ by Skelle !

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
09-08-2024, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2024, 08:57 PM by Cryptis. Edited 1 time in total.)
A wedding! Oh… yeah, that sort of came after a proposal didn't it? Sudden trepidation struck her. Would she have to stand up in front of lots of people? What if her throat gave out at a crucial moment? But she refused to live her life in fear of her disability, and wasn't about to start now.

Her mother was happy for her, and the joy of that carried her past everything else. She leaned into her mother's affection with a smile. “I didn't get as far as thinking of the wedding.” She admitted a little sheepishly. “Don't tell me you're getting married too.” She teased her mother who had something to tell her.

"Cryptis"

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

09-08-2024, 08:30 PM

SpeechThink

Hellborns first wedding was supposed to be hers, but she was just as happy letting her daughter letting her have the honor instead. Her and Stolas would certainly marry one day, but after the recent events with Erebos she wanted to take her time. Part of her was still raw after that and she didn't want any negative feelings to come down on a special day with the man she already promised to be with.

"Oh no, not that," she started with a laugh. "But it is something very important," her tone changed to a more serious sound, and she paused before speaking again. "You know Stolas, right? He's spoken of you. Well, he's actually your father," she said, deciding that it was better to just rip the proverbial bandaid off than to beat around the bush, she just hoped that the news wouldn't upset her.

─ by Skelle !

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
09-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Her words brought laughter to her mother, which melted away the last of Triss’s worries. Clearly, her mother wasn’t alarmed by this news. The young girl found herself wondering what it might be that her mother wanted to share. Widow went on to explain that it was important, and Triss was sure to give her her full attention. Only for her eyes to widen in shock when Widow spoke.

“My-” She started to say, but hadn’t really got anything to finish that conversion. Her mind was still coming to terms with the news. She’d always wondered. But she already knew him? She hadn’t seen that coming. ‘He’s really my dad?” She asked in wonder. Wait - “Does he know?”

"Cryptis"