An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-01-2024, 09:29 PM

Basilisk made the trek down to the Hallows. He’d left Larimar behind to help Wylan keep an eye on Ignita. Orso and thunder he had taken with him. The Reindeer was loaded up with a few bags of supplies, he didn’t know what he’d need to trade with the Hallows for his requests.

He slowed as he started to approach the boarder of the Castle pack. He knew that Artorias and Sirius had had a very good bond, and the two had worked closely together on occasion. This however would be Basilisk’s first time officially requesting anything from the more experienced Alpha. He was feeling a little nervous, and determined not to show it. He was a leader in his own right, and showing strength was important.

He reached the border, and raised his head, calling out for Artorias. There was nothing to do but do it, and see what came of it.

"Basilisk"

[Image: 2yUYF9E.png]
As his Consort, Ignita can enter any of his threads without warning

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
07-09-2024, 02:05 PM

Artorias spent most of his free time as of late working his forge, reinforcing and honing the weapons in the castle armory and forging new weapons now that he had been imparted the secrets of working Carpathian steel from his friend on the other side. With the threat of the Syndicate ever a looming danger, it was of vital importance that his wolves be armed and ready should war ever come to their doorstep. The sapphire and obsidian dire brute threw the hammer down onto the glowing steel billet again and again, filling the forge with the clanking of metal on metal, stretching out the white hot ingot into the rough shape of a blade. It still had a long way to go, but Art was becoming as good a blacksmith as Rúga had once been.

A call for him from the borders interrupted his work temporarily, and after letting the billet cool down enough to safely set aside on the anvil, Artorias wiped the sweat and soot from his face and neck before heading out of the smithy to greet his guest. He recognized the voice of Basilisk well by now, though the new Warlord's presence was an unexpected surprise. What had sent him so far south? Stepping out into the cool, damp autumn day. The leaves in the courtyard had all changed colors, heralding the approach of winter and the wet seasons. Thankfully, today was just overcast as the rains seemed to have held back. The Lord of Cinder approached the mammoth wolf at his border, tipping his head and gazing up at Basilisk as he came close enough to speak. Art wasn't used to having to look up at wolves he spoke to.

"Welcome back, Basilisk. What brings you to our corner of the world?" he greeted his fellow alpha courteously. Less familial than he had with his predecessor, but he was still feeling out his relationship with Basilisk as a peer. This would be their second time interacting as alphas; their first at the alphas' meeting had not been how the Lord had hoped for it to go.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-09-2024, 03:11 PM
He considered Artorias, as the other alpha approached. Basilisk had not come here on pack business, but perhaps he should have. He should have come sooner, and cleared the air about something he hadn't spoken of during the Lord of Cinders Summit. He nodded his head to Artorias, returning the wolf's greeting. “Artorias, it's good to see you.” 

Diplomacy was not the Warlord's strong suit, nor had it been that of the Warlord before him. But even he could see the importance of bringing up the elephant in the room before he would have the right to make the request he had come here for. 

“This Isn't why I'm here, but I think perhaps I should speak of it first.” He said thoughtfully, taking a seat across from the other wolf, who had not yet welcomed him into his lands. A sign of the divide Basilisk had created. “One of my high ranking wolves, a family member, is in love with a Syndicate wolf. That's not a bridge I'm willing to burn just yet, or for just anyone. If I had made a commitment in that war room to defend each and every one of those packs from the Syndicate, I would be betraying my own for the sake of strangers. I do not trust them, but I'm walking a fine line. I told their diplomat that any move they make against the Hallows is a move against the Armada. I keep to the old ways, and the bonds my Grandfather forged with you.” Would that be enough to satisfy the distance he had accidently formed between the two of them?

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
07-09-2024, 10:53 PM

Basilisk welcomed him with the same polite formalities, and then brought up a matter he wished to discuss before addressing why he had come all the way to Auster. Artorias tipped his head curiously and sat across from the Warlord, listening intently while he spoke. The more Basilisk spoke, the more Artorias' brows narrowed and the darker his eyes became. One of the Fatalis wolves was getting into bed with the Syndicate? Did Sirius know of this? Concerning questions rose in his mind, but he didn't give voice to any of them yet while Bas was speaking.

Once he had said his piece, Artorias pursed his lips and nodded his head. He understood. But just because he understood did not mean he agreed with that way of thinking. "Thank you for sharing that information with me, Basilisk," Artorias responded, impassive and as neutral as he could manage. His words were carefully measured, betraying none of the suspicion lingering in his mind at Basilisk’s conflicting words. "I don’t envy you having to navigate those waters, especially if family is involved. One of your siblings?" Artorias didn’t know which Fatalis wolves Bas was that close to, but if they were close enough that the Warlord was protecting their relationship with a dangerous pack, it must’ve been someone of great importance.

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-09-2024, 11:27 PM

Basilisk could see the reaction his words had with Artorias. It wasn’t really a wonder, considering the strong animosity the Lord of Cinder had for the Syndicate. When the Hallows wolf followed up with questions, Basilisk shook his head. He wasn’t generally a wolf who liked to share information. He and his mountain pack were keeping to themselves, and his diplomacy had been severely limited so far. But he felt an inclination to attempt a little more with Artorias, who clearly was not moved by his renewed vowel of alliance with the Hallows.

“My Aunt, actually.” He explained, and went on to offer a little more. “The relationship started before the Syndicate was formed, and I have given her a clear line. If she wants to start a family with this wolf, she will need to make a choice. I won’t share custody with the Syndicate.” He shook his head, letting a little of his worries bleed through. “I don’t trust them, but so far they’ve kept to themselves. But I want to clear the air, where does this information leave us with the Hallows?”

"Basilisk"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

07-13-2024, 11:21 PM

Basilisk likely thought his words were offering comfort, like a salve on an aching wound. But the more Artorias listened, the deeper his concern grew. The Syndicate had their tentacles slithering into every corner of the world and every pack from the sound of it. Hearing that his aunt—that narrowed the list of culprits down significantly—had been in a relationship with a wolf affiliated with Sephiran for some time was even more troubling. "Have you considered what those outcomes will look like?" he asked the Warlord when Bas mentioned giving his wolf a line in the sand. "Are you prepared for what that would mean if she chooses to be with this wolf in the Syndicate instead?" Artorias did not mean to sound like he was challenging Basilisk's decisions or methods; he wanted to know what Basilisk's plan was. If this Fatalis wolf chose to abandon the Armada in favor of her Syndicate lover, did Bas realize what a tremendous risk to his pack's security this would be?

Artorias pursed his lips into a tight line and looked away for a moment to collect his thoughts. Basilisk was... a conundrum. The new Warlord said he did not trust the Syndicate, yet he trusted them enough to not declare them enemies and to allow his wolves to fraternize and potentially breed with them. He claimed that the Armada would stand with the Hallows in the event of war, yet he continued to entertain diplomacy with a pack that had named them enemies. He would not call Bas hypocritical, but he was not assuaged of his concerns. Basilisk was still a wild card, one he did not know if he trusted or not yet. But in these times, he would be loathe to lose any more alliances. But the Warlord wanted to know where the Armada stood with the Hallows, and he would have his answer.

"If you're asking if I'm considering dissolving our packs' ties, the answer is no," the Lord of Cinder replied, voice adamant and eyes almost aglow with resolution as he looked back up at the giant Fatalis. "Our families have always shared strong bonds and our packs have always been close. I will not undo that. But I would be remiss if I didn't say I was concerned about the lack of conviction from the Armada, and of learning that our family has... intimate ties to wolves that want to harm us." Our family. Artorias loved the Fatalises and was as much a part of them as they were family to him. Artorias drew his lips into a tight line and shook his head with defeat. "It doesn't matter. The alphas of Ardent have made it clear they'd rather stand alone against a threat than unite together. The Empire is dead and all that's left in its wake are ashes and opportunity for scavengers like the Syndicate to prey on."

But Artorias doubted that a message a raven could have carried was why Basilisk had come all this way. There was more to this visit than just a report of potential Fatalis-Syndicate puppies to stain the world with. So once more Artorias returned his attention to his guest. "You didn't come all this way to tell me about your aunt's love life though. So what can I do for you, Basilisk?"

One big happy family

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-13-2024, 11:35 PM

“It would mean she has chosen the darker pack over her family, and if war comes, she will be on the other side of it.” He said gravely. Yes, he knew what it meant, and he did not like it. “But I can’t make choices for others, only guide them and hope they make the right ones.” Surely as an alpha and a father, Artorias understood this.

Our family It was the right answer, and Basilisk nodded his head. He understood that they were on shaky territory, but their alliances still stood. So long as Artorias was willing to fight for it, Basilisk was as well. “I’m sorry, I had no part in the dynamics of that pact, so I don’t feel it’s lose as you do. Perhaps in time, something new will be forged. But I think at the time of your meeting, there were too many new alphas, new parts, for anyone to commit to something that big.” He said softly, perhaps if Sirius had still been alpha, if the leadership of the packs hadn’t changed so swiftly… but what was done was done.

What he had to ask of Artorias was no small thing, he took a seat. Still on the outside of the Hallows border, and took a few seconds to collect his thoughts. “No. I came to ask something else of you, this favour is that of your nephew.” he gave a small, wry smile. “I have… there's…” No, he was making a mess of it. He stopped and started again. “The love of my life is a wolf named Ignita. She’s a wolf without family, or bonds outside of my pack. From slave to my… other half, as the Warlord’s mate before her was. I intend to do things a little differently from Sirius. I want to give her… legitimacy. I want her to feel that this sudden change is something she has the right to claim, and the strength to hold it. I want… to ask someone who is family, but slightly outside of this relationship, who is a Lord of this Realm in their own right, to officiate our wedding.” he inclined his head towards Artorias. “If you would do me this honour.”

"Basilisk"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

07-28-2024, 11:50 PM

It was... refreshing for Artorias to hear such measured and levelheaded words from Basilisk. Being the son of Azure, Artorias had worried that the new Warlord might have inherited his father's disposition towards errant rage and grudges. Thankfully, that did not seem to be the case. The world scarcely needed another Azure Fatalis. He nodded assent; he understood Basilisk could no more influence the decisions of others than he himself could. "You said your piece. You gave her the warnings. Whatever she does next, that's on her. But I would be prepared in case she chooses to walk that path." Art hoped that whoever this wolf was (though he had a strong suspicion he knew who) she made the smart decision. Artorias had been forced to put down family that turned on their own before. He would not hesitate to do it a second time to keep his loved ones safe.

Basilisk spoke true when he pointed out how many fledgling alphas had been present at the summit, himself included. The only truly tenured leaders around the Carved Table had been himself and Hattori. Even Avacyn and Modesty had only been leading for just over a year's time. "Too new to remember the time when strong alliances kept us all alive in the bleakest of nights," he murmured with a shake of his head. "All they've known is peace. How could they possibly comprehend the threat of war and violence when it's never been made real to them." It did worry him. A world of segregated packs was ripe for plunder from a group as insidious as the Syndicate. But there was no use in ruminating on the failure the meeting had been. At the end of the day, the world remained fragmented, and this would be the chessboard he would have to play with.

As he had suspected, Basilisk had come with another intention. Artorias listened with intrigue as the massive wolf asked him for a favor as his nephew. Bas stumbled through his explanation at first, earning him a curious quirk of an eyebrow from the elder alpha. What eventually came tumbling out of the Fatalis' mouth took Art by pleasant surprise. Basilisk was in love! The scribe he had brought with him to the alphas' meeting was his betrothed, following a similar story that Sirius and Zee had written. Art sincerely hoped this one followed a happier ending... Basilisk asked him to officiate his wedding to give them the legitimacy of a union, and Artorias was even more surprised, but honored all the same.

"It would be my honor to officiate your wedding, Basilisk," replied the Lord of Cinder with a lopsided smile. Artorias was a hopeless romantic at heart, so this was right in his wheelhouse. Oh, Briar would be so excited to get to host a wedding and reception in the Hallows again! "Have you and Ignita decided on a time you'd like to be wed? Auster's fall season is lovely if the rains keep at bay. Were you thinking a ceremony inside Hearthstone, or amongst the gardens, or maybe on the plains or the beach...?" How much planning and discussion had Bas and Ignita had so far? Art was getting a feel for how far along their plans were and where they'd need a helping paw.

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-05-2024, 06:59 PM

“I am.” He said, voice quiet, almost subdued. Betrayal in his family was not unexpected to him, not anymore. Though he wanted to trust them, a part of himself held back. But the conversation had turned now to brighter things. To his future with Ignita, and all that would entail. She didn’t know it yet, but he was going to marry her. He needed a betrothal gift forged, and a promise to be made. But this was their future.

Artorias seemed open to the idea, and Basilisk relaxed a little more, chuckling softly. “Actually, I was thinking of the Armada. In the heart of the Col, by the fire my Grandfather started.” He said, starting their future where they intended it to bloom.

"Basilisk"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

08-12-2024, 04:16 AM

Basilisk requested that Artorias officiate the ceremony up in the Armada instead, and the request came as a bit of a surprise to the southern alpha. Up in the Armada, Basilisk was king. To officiate a ceremony on someone else's home turf felt... bizarre. The fire at the obelisk was far from the most romantic place he could think of, and bringing another alpha to your home to marry you seemed strange, but if it was what Basilisk wanted and he didn't see it as overstepping in his own pack, then who was Art to argue? "The Armada... Yes, I suppose I can make that happen. The Hallows will survive without me for a few days," he replied with a nod, adding a condition of his own, "Providing I'm permitted to bring Briar with me for the ceremony." He didn't know who Basilisk intended on inviting, and given that Briar was his aunt it made sense to assume she'd be invited regardless, but Basilisk had never been one for bonding with his extended family. In that way, he was still very much Azure's son.

One big happy family

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-24-2024, 01:53 PM
Basilisk had initially had his heart set on the Armada. Bringing what was important together where he could control the variables. Keep Ignita safe. But he took a moment now to actually consider the possibilities Artorias was presenting. If he trusted Art and the Hallows as his ally, then he needed also to trust that this place was safe and secure for those that mattered to him. It was… easy to take the familiar path. But perhaps not always the best.

“Apologies for back tracking but I hadn't taken the Hallows into consideration. A moment's thought, and I can see the appeal. The Armada can be a cold, unwelcoming place. The Hallows is also more experienced with hosting events…” he said thoughtfully. “Yourself and Briar are of course always welcome to visit. But the offer to host the wedding here, is that still on the table?”

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

08-29-2024, 05:55 PM

After a moment of thinking, Basilisk seemed to have a change of mind on the venue for his upcoming nuptials, choosing the Hallows over the Armada for their hosting experience and warmth. Artorias gave Basilisk a little smile and shook his head. "The Armada is not cold nor unwelcoming, Basilisk. It is your home, and it is what you make of it." Sure, while it may not have been located in the most hospitable of environments, Artorias had never felt anything but welcomed by his family and friends in the northern pack. "But all the same, you are free to change your mind. They tend to do that a lot. Come, let's walk and talk." Artorias was feeling better about their interaction now, and it felt far too unfamiliar to chat across the border like this. So with a nod of his head, he invited his nephew in to take a little stroll around the plains.

Artorias led Basilisk around the plains in between the golden sands of the Shimmering Shore and the high walls of Hearthstone, letting him take in the details of the lands. "We'd be honored to host your and Ignita's wedding, of course! How soon were you thinking of having the event? We could do it as soon as the end of the season, or later if you need more time for your own preparations. All I'd need is your choice of venue." Artorias gestured around to everything they passed by. "Briar and I were married on the shore with the reception up in Hearthstone. We have the castle gardens and the Grove, both of which are beautiful this season. We could hold both the ceremony and reception inside Hearthstone as well, and there's no lack of space on the plains." Art gave Bas a curious tilt of his head. Which venue would appeal to the Warlord and his lady the most?

One big happy family

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-29-2024, 06:03 PM

Basilisk gave Artorias an appreciative smile, understanding where the other Alpha was coming from. Of course Armada did have its warmth, its underground miasma, and the familiarity of home. But the Armada had never been one known for opening its doors. He wasn’t entirely sure about a large gathering, but nor would he deny his family attending if they wished to. His family, which stretched now across numerous packs and territories.

Artorias turned, leading him properly into his pack for the first time since he had turned up for this conversation. Something had shifted along the way, and the two wolves seemed more at ease with each other. “I don’t want to leave it too late, perhaps the end of Autumn, before Auster gets cold?” He suggested.

“The grove has an appeal, perhaps the ceremony in the grove, and the Reception inside Hearthstone? That way, if Ignita gets overwhelmed she can sneak off with a good book.” He said, voice affectionate and teasing when he spoke of his love.

"Basilisk"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

09-06-2024, 04:12 PM

Artorias chuckled as he walked with Basilisk, listening to every choice his nephew made and committing it to memory so he could recite it to Briar when he partnered with her to make this wedding a reality. "Fortunately, Auster doesn’t get terribly cold like Boreas. Mostly we get rainy, but even that doesn’t make for a pleasant outdoor wedding," he replied with another chuckle. "We’ll set the date for late autumn then. You’ll still get all the beautiful foliage of the fall trees that way."

The pair of wolves came to rest on a hilltop in between the grove and the castle, Artorias looking from the burnished orange trees to the north down to the gray stone of Hearthstone. "So a grove wedding and a castle reception then. Well make that happen." Art turned a kind smile to Bas, still not used to having to look up at another wolf. Even at his full dire height, Basilisk dwarfed him. "Should we be preparing to host all of the Armada, or just the Fatalises? And do you have any other special requests for the day we can accommodate for you and your bride to be?"

One big happy family