Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
07-03-2024, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2024, 02:42 PM by Mortis. Edited 1 time in total.)
Mortis couldn’t stand the empty den anymore. The groggy sleepiness that had been hanging over him from the minute Halo had walked out the door had kept him locked away. He had tried and struggled to improve after Oleander’s conversation with him, but he just… couldn’t. His entire life had been a string of his loved ones leaving him. No reason, no answers, just simply gone.

He walked out of the Armada territory, he had no destination in mind. He knew the chances of him actually stumbling upon Halo was slim to none. If she was back this way, he would hope to hell she would have called on them. If not for his sake, then for their kids. There was no scent of her as he walked across the barren territory by the wall. The winter snow had well melted away, leaving in its place a rocky land.

"Mortis""Hika"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Intellectual (76)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
07-05-2024, 01:28 PM
For a short moment Hikaru had believed himself saved, like he had found redemption and returned to the light of life. However, just as quickly as he had been saved he had fallen again. For so long he had been lost in the catacombs, barely surviving on bugs and cave water. Then after the strange occurrence with his guide and being found by that wolf. Just to be abandoned again. He was lost more than just physically. He had lost all of his family so long ago, and then suddenly Mortis was gone from him. He had hoped for so long that the winged man would come and save him like he had once so long ago. But he was still alone, still lost, and worse… Hika had lost hope.

Life didn’t feel like it was worth living anymore. He had nothing left, no goals, and no life. What good was he, just a waste of space. There wasn’t a day that went by that he didn’t think about Mort, so when his silvery eyes fell on that tall dark form, he thought he was seeing an illusion and trick of the mind. He stopped in his tracks, mouth open in surprise and disbelief as he softly whimpered, "Mortis?” Unable to let himself believe he had finally found him.

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-05-2024, 05:08 PM
A hint of white, a voice calling out his name… Halo? But when he looked, it was even more shocking. It was Hikaru, he, like Mortis, looked a little worse for wear. He stared at his old lover, shocked into silence as he remembered the feeling of hurt and pain when he had waited for Hikaru to join him in Armada. Only, the white wolf had never come. Days had bleed into weeks. How long had it been since he had seen Hikaru now? Years?

“You never came for me…” He said, his voice losing much of its years, sounding like the lost kid he had been the first time he had lost a friend.

"Mortis""Hika"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

07-06-2024, 10:40 AM
Hikaru wasn’t certain but Mortis looked even more surprised to see him than the other way around. As the two of them stared, and the Fatalis man realized who he was looking at Hika couldn’t help but notice the way Mort’s features fell slightly. Hikaru tilted his head curiously, sadly, as Mortis spoke in return. For a moment the both of them returned to that time, years ago, when they had first met. When they were so much younger, before time was stolen from them. Mortis blamed him for never coming for him and Hika’s heart shattered more fiercely than it had already been broken. Mort had been waiting for him to turn up, while Hika had been waiting for his dark knight to save him.

He took a tentative step forward but stopped himself short. Mortis was a different man now, he could see that. Just as Hikaru was. Neither of them seemed better for that either. "I was lost.” He returned with a whisper. "I followed you, but got caught in the crypts for so long. I knew one day you would come looking for me, and save me, but…” He never had. Years had passed, and Hika was lucky to still be alive.

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-07-2024, 12:18 PM
Hikaru took a step closer, and Mortis felt… almost afraid of this ghost of the past. He represented a fork in his life that had been closed to him. A path that could have been, and he remembered his broken heart and long days staring into the night, waiting for Hikaru to come home to him.

“Lost?” Mortis echoed, feeling a little like a lost child himself. “I don't understand, all this time…?” but it couldn't be true. It couldn't, because then it would mean that Hikaru hadn't left him. That his lover had needed him, and he hadn't been there. His life was a string of lost loved ones and missed connections. Halos leaving had been the final straw, and his heart had shattered. This was almost too much to bear. Mortis was a gentle soul, a hero. He didn't leave his lost loved ones alone in the dark.

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

07-09-2024, 12:49 PM
Mortis looked much like Hikaru felt, lost and confused now that they faced each other once again. Hikaru wanted more than anything to race forward and embrace his love. He couldn’t describe just how desperately he had missed and craved the Fatalis man’s presence. So much time had been lost to them, stolen by the crypts while they kept him captive.

Hika explained vaguely what had happened, and Mortis seemed even more confused and betrayed. Disappointed in himself as he realized Hikaru had been in need of him all that time and he had never come. Not that Hika blamed him, how could he know what had happened to the koi wolf? "I got lost in the labyrinth of the crypts and it took me.. I don’t know.. Years? To find my way out. I thought I was going to die down there.” He reiterated quietly, still uncertain of the connection between them and what this meant for the future.

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-09-2024, 12:56 PM
Mortis stepped forward slowly, tears in his eyes as he raised a paw to touch to Hikas cheek. A part of him had expected his paw to touch nothing. To find the man was an apparition, a vision a lonely wolf had conjured in the midst of their depression.

When his paw touched fur, he kept going. Wrapping one paw behind the koi wolf even while the other rested tenderly on his cheek. His wings folded around them, cutting off the world and casting shadows down on them both. They both looked haggard. One starved by depression, the other by circumstances. “Everyone I love leaves. It was so easy To believe you'd chosen not to come back…” he was crying. Crying from the hurt he had felt when Hikaru had never appeared. Crying for the realisation that he had left the man to starve. Crying for the hurt he would give the man when he found out that Mortis had moved on, sired children.

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

07-09-2024, 01:25 PM
Hika didn’t move as Mortis hesitantly moved forward so he could place a dark paw upon his pale cheek. The koi wolf moved with Mort as he wrapped another paw around him and pulled him in close, enveloping the both of them beneath his protective wings. For the first time in a long time Hikaru felt safe. He heaved a heavy sigh of contented relief as years of anxiety and worry melted away. For a moment everything was as it should be, perfect after so long of being broken.

Then silvery eyes looked up to see the tears that had formed in Mort’s eyes. They were far from only because of reuniting as he explained why he had blamed Hikaru for his disappearance. Everyone in his life left him, he had assumed that Hika had been no different. "I could never choose to be away from you.” He cried softly, feeling a similar rush of emotion as he leaned forward and embraced Mortis. "I’m so sorry you felt like I had gone..” He muttered into the soft dark fur of Mort’s chest.

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-09-2024, 02:25 PM
He held Hikaru for a time, revealing in the sensation that he had craved all his life. To be loved. He was a wolf who wore his heart in his sleeve, he felt easily and he felt strongly. The pain of each wolf that left him tore through him each time. Lasting pain, until he no longer felt a desire to keep going. He went through the motions for the sake of his kids, but the truth was he had given up a long time ago. Seeing Halo walk out that door had broken something inside of him. She knew how easily he felt, she knew that every wolf he had loved had left him. It was what had driven him to drinking and falling into her paws in the first place, and she had left anywhere. Seasons had changed, their kids were growing and finding their paws, all of it without her.

He buried his head in Hikaru's coat, clinging to the wolf like it was all he knew how to do. The tears still slid free, but after a time Mortis pulled free. Just a little bit, and his wings still encased them. He felt Hikaru's gaunt face, he felt and looked at his shoulders, his side. Looking for each and every new wound, new scar, hint of what the wolf had been through without him. “We need to talk” he said, his voice thick with his tears. “But I don't want to, not yet.” He admitted openly, honestly.

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

07-09-2024, 03:30 PM
Hikaru didn’t know what all Mortis had gone through while they were separated, but if it was half the heartache and turmoil Hika had felt he knew it was torturous. Mortis loved hard, and knowing they had lost each other, and Mort thinking he had abandoned him.. Hikaru hated the mere thought of it and help Mort all the tighter. Being alone for all that time had taken its toll on Hikaru as well, he was a very different wolf from when he went into the crypts. Much less bubby and vibrant than he once was. But the feelings he had for Mortis hadn’t changed. Especially knowing why he had never come to save him. Though it did hurt knowing Mortis had thought the worst of him.

They were quiet for a long time, just reacquainting each other with the other’s presence after so long apart. Until finally Mortis pulled back slightly after thoroughly examining him. "I’m all yours. Whenever you need.” He whispered back, feeling a strand of dread in those words. Mortis had been through as much as Hika, and he couldn’t begin to think of everything that could have happened in their years apart.

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-09-2024, 03:54 PM
‘I'm all yours’ and with those words, Mortis couldn't indulge in Hikaru's presence anymore. Not when the other gave himself so freely to the Winged wolf. It wasn't fair to leave the Koi wolf in the dark. As much as he wanted to lose himself in the other, forget his pain and heartbreak and loneliness. Consent was too important a concept, and consent required a wolf to have all the facts.

He pulled back a little more. He didn't know what Hikaru had gone through, and so much of him wanted to take the wolf home right now, put hot food in him and tend to any hurts he had suffered. But Hikaru wouldn't be going anywhere with him until he knew what he was getting into. “When I thought you had left…” he took a steadying breath, wondering if these words would cost him Hikaru a second time. “I let myself fall for another. Halo. We have children. Beautiful, brave kids. And Halo walked away from them. I don't know where she is…” like he didn't know where Hikaru had been. Or Malialia was, or Hanako, through his friendship with the last had broken long before her latest disappearance

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

07-09-2024, 04:26 PM
The koi wolf entrusted Mortis with his life and with his heart, that had never changed despite the distance between them. He knew if Mort had known where he was and what he was going through the winged wolf would have been there to save him. Hika had somehow made it out, and just like their first meeting he had found Mortis when he most needed him. The time in the darkness had taken its toll, but Hikaru had endured, he was still alive.

However long Mort needed, Hikaru would have given him, but it seemed that whatever needed to be said couldn’t wait. He looked up at Mort as he started, Mort was unsteady to begin with, telling him about what happened in their time apart. He had fallen in love with another wolf. Hika was stilled for a moment of shock, but he couldn’t blame Mortis either, they had been separated for years. Mortis went on with his life, he had a family. Hikaru released his surprise and smiled, he was honestly happy for Mort. It was good to know that he had found love again. However, he didn’t have his happy ending. Halo had disappeared.

"Do you… do you want me to help look for her?” He asked softly. He didn’t mind if he couldn’t be Mort’s partner, at the very least he would be his friend. Hika just wanted Mort to be happy, he deserved nothing less.
"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-09-2024, 05:12 PM
Mortis shook his head, silent for the moment. Of course Hika would offer to look for her… here he was, home at last to find home was no more and all he could think about was helping Mortis. The winged wolf couldn't help the tears that leaked free anew, feeling like a child who cried so easily. It had been a while since Mortis had shed any tears. Exhaustion had been his primary emotion for so long now.

“She chose to leave. There was a flood, and some of our kids got swept up in it, and one of them was struggling with fear after that. Halo took her away to help her recover.” That had been.. half way through Autumn, hadn't it? “Close to two seasons ago now” almost half a year. He had never expected her to be gone so long. He did not think she was coming back.

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

07-09-2024, 06:09 PM
Mortis shook his head no as soon as Hikaru offered his assistance. He obviously didn’t comprehend the whole of the story from those few sentences. Mortis shed more tears, though because of his loss or because of Hikaru’s offer he wasn’t sure. Still, he timidly tried to reach up and dry a couple of his tears. Mortis went on, Halo had gone of her own volition with one of their children almost six months ago now. From the look on Mortis’ face he had lost hope of her return.

"So, what would you have me do?” He asked, somewhat fearfully. Hika didn’t know what he would do if Mortis sent him away now. He just wanted to be part of Mort’s life, even if he was just a friend to lean on.

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-09-2024, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2024, 06:33 PM by Mortis. Edited 1 time in total.)
Mortis took a soft, slow breath. Mortis, whose thoughts were always to others. who sought to make people happy and put their considerations above his own. It was that Mortis who leaned forward selfishly and gently kissed Hikaru on the lips. A peek, almost shy in the gentleness of it. He pulled away again, an invitation that he could only hope Hikaru would accept.

“I can't think about complicated things right now. I don't want to.” Mortis whispered. He didn't want to know about consequences, and domino affects. He had stopped, given up hope. He hadn't wanted to go on anymore, and Hikaru's unexpected return to his life was a little becon of hope. He didn't, he couldn't, think about who it might hurt. He needed the Koi wolf right now like he needed air.

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

07-10-2024, 01:31 PM
Hikaru had frozen after uttering the terrifying question, his silvery eyes looking up at him in confusion and tepid curiosity. Mort seemed to have iced over for a moment as well as he thought for a long moment. Hika was holding his breath, but released the pent up air after Mortis pulled away from the sweet, hesitant, and perfect little peck on his lips. A smile began to form over his features at the show of affection, feeling as if no time at all had passed between them.

"I understand, you deserve to have happiness. I know who you are, you always put others first. You deserve to think about yourself.” He smiled again, "Or not think.” Hika went on, feeling like just that little kiss had created his heart anew. He tried to reel in his emotions, there were still many obstacles to overcome together, still many wounds to heal. "I’ll be here no matter what you need. I won’t leave you again.” He promised with a return kiss on Mort’s dark cheek.

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-10-2024, 02:17 PM
Life was far too complicated. It was easy to form ties that pulled you in too many directions, and twisted your life into complicated knots. But Mortis didn't want to think about the ties that bound him now. He didn't want to think of right or wrong, or who his actions might hurt. He wanted to chase away the loneliness, to trust the Koi wolf before him who had always been a gentle friend and a firm shoulder. 

He took Hikaru's return kiss on his cheek as an invitation, and he stepped into the smaller wolf's space, lifting a paw to cradle gently against their shoulder and crook of their neck as he leaned back in to kiss him again. Feeling the press of their lips, the warmth in the other wolf's breath. The emotions that his depression had been shrouding and dimming suddenly burned brightly in him again. The gentle giant needed to be held, and loved, and told that everything would be alright. His love had always been a simple thing, it was the world that was complicated. “Hikaru.” He whispered the other wolf's name against his lips.

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

07-11-2024, 11:33 AM
Hikaru did his best to forget the time that was stolen from them. He had been gone for so long, trapped in the labyrinth of the crypts for longer than should have been possible. Hika didn’t know what all he was about to get into with the mess that was Mortis’ life but he knew that it would be worth it. The winged man needed someone on his side, one person to be there for him to lean on no matter what. Hikaru would gladly volunteer for that position, even to his own detriment because Mortis deserved it.

He was all Mort’s, no matter what they were about to face together. He easily leaned into the larger man’s affection, a grin on his features as he kissed him back. Finally feeling as though he was saved. He needed to save himself first to help save Mortis. "Mortis…” He returned lovingly. "I missed you. I need you.” He continued on quietly, wrapping his pale arms around Mort’s neck, pulling himself ever closer as if he couldn’t get close enough.

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-11-2024, 02:42 PM
Hikaru's words were a balm on his injured soul, and he found himself pushing closer to the Koi wolf. pressing his chest into Hikas shoulders, curving himyself around the smaller wolf as he pressed his lips to the other wolf again and again. Desperate, needing Hika for all he was worth. A dying man suddenly rescued. He parted his lips and whispered Hikarus name in a soft breath.

Before he decided none of this was close enough. He swept Hika off his paws as he fell lightly against The earth. His wings fanned out on either side of him. He pulled Hika down onto his chest, continuing to kiss the other wolf. His paws dug into the other's coat and he whispered his name again. Morts need clear

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

07-12-2024, 09:32 AM
This was all that Hika wanted for so long, to just be held by Mortis like nothing had ever happened. Like they had been together for the whole time he had been lost. Hikaru would always be touched by the time he had been lost to the depths of the earth but already he could feel himself reviving. He could see the life returning to Mortis as well, like they had just been decaying while they were apart. New life surged into the both of them as they were reunited.

Their words became soft and quiet as the two of them shifted closer. A grin playing on their features as they rediscovered each other. Mortis handled him gently, shifting him so they were even closer and offering desperately needed kisses. Hikaru returned them, feeling the same burning need for the one he loved. He would be anything for Mort, and as Mortis returned his love he knew the opposite was true.

"I’m all yours.” He whispered in return as his pale paws took Mortis’ cheeks and directed his muzzle so that he could divulge in a deep passionate kiss. One that he hoped would make up for the months and years they were apart.

-fade?-

"Speech"