ardent

I'm phenomenal at it, and that's problematic!

Eltrys

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (165)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-23-2024, 04:48 PM

Ellara Praetor

Ellara stood in the heart of the Boneyard, her latte-pink and coffee-brown fur blending with the muted, eerie landscape. Her striking pink eyes scanned the horizon, searching for any sign of movement amidst the skeletal remains and scattered bones that littered the ground. The Boneyard was a place of challenge, a testament to the strength and resilience of those who dared to enter, and today Ellara was ready to prove herself once again.

The bladed hide bracers strapped to her legs glinted in the pale light, a stark contrast to the shadows that danced around her. The reinforced hide collar around her neck added an extra layer of protection, a silent reminder of the battles she had fought and the ones yet to come. Perched on either side of her, her companions - a male and female Barred Owl, remained vigilant, their keen eyes ever watchful for any approaching threat.

Ellara took a deep breath, the cool air filling her lungs and steadying her nerves. She felt the familiar surge of energy coursing through her veins, the anticipation of the fight fueling her.

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Expert Fighter (235)

Master Intellectual (290)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
07-23-2024, 07:49 PM

Dust and Dread. Large dark paws strode through the wasteland, his bright eyes scanning the detritus for both victims and opponents. His gaze settled on the rose and dusk form of a past sparring partner. She had companions now and... what's this? Ah... she's got some new accessories to help her win!

Eltrys strolled out from behind her, his visage amused and determined.
"Prepared now are we?" He hummed over her shoulder as he passed her.

Squaring up he lowered his antlered helm and hodded to start the spar. He started with a full frontal charge, aiming for her right shoulder, then danced to the left at the last moment and leaped up to slam his chest into her left shoulder, using his head and neck to clash against hers and push her off balance.

Eltrys vs Ellara for spar
Round 1/?
Size: Large
Build: Balanced
Offensive Battle Accessory: Face shield with antlers
Defensive Battle Accessory: leather vest and breastplate
Companion 1: Fossa, Male - Battle
Companion 2: Swallow-tailed Kite, Female - Flying
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Master Intellectual
Specialty: Professor

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (165)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-23-2024, 08:19 PM

Ellara Praetor

The sound of Eltrys' voice broke the silence, a smirk playing on Ellara's dark muzzle as she watched him approach her. "Definitely," she replied, her eyes narrowing with a playful focus as he moved past her. The memory of their last spar played in her mind, the scar on her flank a testament to it. She'd lost that fight but today, she was prepared.

When Eltrys launched his attack and charged, Ellara's muscles tensed and coiled, ready to spring herself out of the way. His feint was swift, but she anticipated the shift. At the last moment, she sidestepped to her left, feeling a rush of air move through her fur as he aimed for her right shoulder, then twisted to the left. He collided with emptiness as she spun, narrowly avoiding his initial attack as she stood now a few feet to his right.

Moving as fluidly as water, she ran back to him and lifted her forearms before impact, lashing out with her bladed hide bracers, aiming for his right forelimb, just above the knee. Her strike was precise, her training thus far showing in her movements now.

Ellara vs Eltrys for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Light
Offensive Battle Accessory: Bladed Hide Bracers
Defensive Battle Accessory: Reinforced Hide Collar
Companion 1: Barred Owl, Male - Perception
Companion 2: Barred Owl, Female - Perception
Skills: Intermediate Healer & Advanced Fighter

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
07-23-2024, 09:15 PM

She was lighter on her feet than him, moving like water. She wasn't the first opponent now to move so fluidly and he could think quickly and react well. As she dodged and let him pass her by he spun and skidded to a defensive halt with his antlers low, the dust and debris flying around him in a cloud to obscure their view. He heard her approach and he flung his helm up to catch her on the blunted prongs and toss her attack to the side. But it was hard to see through the grit and sand. So he reared up and met her chest to chest, her sharp bracers catching him on the shoulder and he opened his maw to hold his teeth over her throat as he used his momentum to topple her over.

Eltrys vs Ellara for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Large
Build: Balanced
Offensive Battle Accessory: Face shield with antlers
Defensive Battle Accessory: leather vest and breastplate
Companion 1: Fossa, Male - Battle
Companion 2: Swallow-tailed Kite, Female - Flying
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Master Intellectual
Specialty: Professor

"Speech!"
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (165)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-23-2024, 09:22 PM

Ellara Praetor

The sudden cloud of dust obscured Ellara's vision, but she remained focused.. her pink eyes narrowing instinctively to protect themselves. Eltrys was quick, and she could feel his presence through the haze. As his antlers came up to deflect her initial attack, she noted his defensive maneuver and adjusted her strategy.

Reactively, Ellara twisted her body to avoid his teeth, feeling his hot breath penetrate her fur and warm her throat. She used the momentum of his rear to her advantage, pivoting on her hind legs. With a sharp drop, she aimed her right bracer at the unprotected joint of his left hind leg while he was upright.

Her movements quick, using the advantage of her lighter build and agility to stay one step ahead of him. She knew she had to be relentless if she were to defeat him, she was familiar with how hard he could hit. Every opportunity to exploit his defenses that appeared, she would take.

Ellara vs Eltrys for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Light
Offensive Battle Accessory: Bladed Hide Bracers
Defensive Battle Accessory: Reinforced Hide Collar
Companion 1: Barred Owl, Male - Perception
Companion 2: Barred Owl, Female - Perception
Skills: Intermediate Healer & Advanced Fighter

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
07-25-2024, 03:05 PM

And the winner is...ELTRYS

ELTRYS

ELLARA must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

ELTRYS:
Attack Roll: 51
Defense Roll: 1 Critical fail!
Agility Roll: 41
Perception Roll: 51
Total: 144

Attack[51] + 25% Bonus[12.75]: 63.75
Defense[1] + 15% Bonus[0.15]: 1.15
Agility[41] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 41.00
Perception[51] + 35% Bonus[17.85]: 68.85
Total[174.75] + 15% Bonus[26.21]: 200.96

ELLARA:
Attack Roll: 44
Defense Roll: 2
Agility Roll: 41
Perception Roll: 1 Critical fail!
Total: 88

Attack[44] + 10% Bonus[4.40]: 48.40
Defense[2] + 25% Bonus[0.50]: 2.50
Agility[41] + 5% Bonus[2.05]: 43.05
Perception[1] + 20% Bonus[0.20]: 1.20
Total[95.15] + 15% Bonus[14.27]: 109.42

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

07-25-2024, 05:21 PM

She may have twisted away from him but his momentum caught her on the downswing and he saw her next move. He landed on her and grappled Ellara to the dirt. He pinned her and placed his teeth again over her throat, breathing heavily as her scent filled his nose. He stood over her for a lingering moment, icy blue eyes piercing her wildflower pinks. The dust began to settle around them.

With a huff of victory, Eltrys stepped back and offered to help her rise to her feet. The cut on his shoulder stung as he moved his muscles to stretch them some.

"Well done! Much better this time. Your blades are a nice touch." He remarked as he unclipped his helm, let it fall to the ground, shook his fur out then placed the helm back on. He wasn't going to be caught off guard here in this forsaken arena without his helmet on.

"Speech!"

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (165)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-26-2024, 01:27 AM

Ellara Praetor

PINNED?! Ellara's cheeks blushed red beneath her fur as she felt him pin her to the ground, his icy blue eyes contrasting to her pinks as he stared down at her. How embarrassing. She took a deep breath, the scent of blood, dust, and earth blending with his as the moment lingered. The dust began settle around them, marking the end of their spar.

As he stepped back and offered to help her up yet again, Ellara accepted his paw - rising to her own. The sting of the defeat was softened a bit by his compliments. "Thank you," she replied, shaking out her fur and feeling the ache of the battle in her muscles. "I feel like you've improved as well, you were stronger this time. Your tactics are impressive."

She looked at him with respect, "Eltrys, I want to learn how to fight like you. Your skill and strategy are remarkable. You do not owe me anything... you've already helped me improve so much, but - would you teach me?"

[ 1/3 Received a fighting lesson (not including a spar) from a Professor character ]

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN
Ellara has two Barred Owls, Halia and Eos, that can be assumed to be with her at all times.

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

07-27-2024, 09:35 PM

He looked up as Feyr let out a cry, and wove her way between the owls to settle on Eltrys's back. She preened her feathers as the Fossa below cleaned his paws of the dust.

Eltrys turned his attention back to Ellara as she requested him to teach her what he knew. He smiled and replied warmly to her request.
"Absolutely." He loved sharing his knowledge and advice, he lit up as he thought a moment about their spar and how she moved.

"You were certainly quicker this time," He looked over the battlefield and reimagined how they clashed, "you had some forethought but the smoke screen let me get ahead of you." He looked her over for a moment, noting how tall she was but how slender she was.

"I think you need to use your agility a bit more. You're tall and easy to topple over because you're so light on your feet. Your long legs are easy to grapple and push you over. You already embody the water well, but perhaps diving in then diving out like the wind would be more your style?" He wondered aloud. She already held the earth within her well, controlled, stable hefty. She moved like water around the battlefield, smooth, organically, and she had the fire within her to spar and drive her. Perhaps she needed more air in her movements and steps.

"Here, come to the center and practice moving away from my attacks." He said, stepping back and letting her take a moment.

"Speech!"

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (165)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-27-2024, 09:43 PM

Ellara Praetor

Her heart raced a little faster as he agreed to teach her, her excitement to learn filling her eyes with gratitude as she watched him. "Thank you, again. I really appreciate this," she said. She listened intently to his feedback, her eyes narrowing with her thought as she processed his observations.

"You're right," she acknowledged, glancing down at her long legs. "Using my agility more could definitely give me an edge." The idea of moving like the wind, diving in and out swiftly, resonated with her. She already felt fluid in her movements, but adding the swiftness of air could make her even more formidable.

As he called her to practice, she took a deep breath and stepped out into the center of the battlefield. She met his gaze with determination and then focused on his stance, her muscles coiling in anticipation as she readied herself and crouched lower to the ground, her ears folding back against her skull.

[ 2/3 Received a fighting lesson (not including a spar) from a Professor character ]

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN
Ellara has two Barred Owls, Halia and Eos, that can be assumed to be with her at all times.

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

07-27-2024, 09:59 PM

She was agreeable! Good good! He dipped his head in response to her thanks, "Of course! I much prefer this than fighting." He mentioned. He unlatched his helm and placed it down. Feyr lifted up into the air and settled on a rock.

He watched as she settled into her stance, ready for him. She had a strong low stance, as solid as the earth.
"A good strong stance for sure, your muscles are tensed for moving forward, but we-" and he moved with speed to swipe her shoulder, "- want you to move up and away like a breath on the wind."

"Again." He said and swiped at her paw, wanting her to dance back. Dance, move like a scattering of dried leaves in the autumn wind.

"You're doing it! Again!" And he swiped again this time at her head. He wanted her to keep moving around. But he was also driving her to a corner of rocks.

"An eye on your opponent and their motives are just as important." He swiped again, "Look where I am driving you. While you dance, control where you go." He mentioned as he tried to cut off her escape one way.

"Good!" He said and sat on his rump to regain his breath.

"Speech!"

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (165)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-27-2024, 10:10 PM

Ellara Praetor

Ellara's ears flicked at Eltrys' words, a slight smile forming on her muzzle. She watched as he removed his helm and set it aside, adjusting her stance and focusing on his instructions.

As Eltrys suddenly swiped at her shoulder, she moved swiftly, leaping up into the air and back, trying to emulate the lightness he described with his words. 'Up and away,' she told herself. When he aimed for her paw, she danced back, feeling the exhilaration of the newfound agility.

"Again," he said, and her movements became more and more fluid with each strike. She dodged his swipe at her head, her pink eyes glinting with the thrill of the lesson. Yet, she noticed how he was guiding her towards a corner of rocks, and his advice echoed in her mind.

She began to pay closer attention to his positioning, ensuring that she maintained control over her own direction. As he sat down to catch his breath, Ellara gave a respectful nod. "Thank you, Eltrys. This has already helped me so much. I have to keep my eyes on my surroundings, not just my opponent."

Her heart was racing, the thrill of improvement and the desire to master these new techniques exhilarating her. With every lesson, she felt herself growing more confident.. stronger, ready to face anything that came her way.

[ 3/3 Received a fighting lesson (not including a spar) from a Professor character ]

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

07-28-2024, 06:00 PM

"Speech"

She had picked up the lesson easily and quickly.! She was eager to learn which was better than good.

"You are more than welcome Ellara. You are a quick study, and with that, you will go far. Never stop learning." He nodded and picked up his helm. He resecured it to his face for the journey home.

"I do not doubt that you will best me one day. Until next time, I wish you a well and happy journey." He nodded to Feyr and invited the fossa to hop onto his back. The creature slunk up and settled between the sharp nubs on his vest. It's wide eyes watching the pair of owls with a hunger.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I'm phenomenal at it, and that's problematic! The Boneyard 04:48 PM, 07-23-2024 11:21 AM, 08-05-2024