size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

Pride - PolysexualHalloween 2020 - Haunted House
07-28-2024, 08:45 PM
Honestly it’d snuck up on him. His days had blurred a bit together, his pack mates had seen less and less of him and there was a good reason behind it. Eraithus body wouldn’t move all that well, he felt weak and clear signs of his final elderly years had grown across his flank. He should have realized when his past few fights hadn’t quite gone as he’d wanted them to. Breathing hurt a little and he had gathered his things in his den. Kespie had been keeping him company but even she knew that the blue man’s time was growing short. Had he felt fulfilled with his life? Well he couldn’t say he had any regrets. Even if what happened had happened, what more could he be proud of then the events that had transpired here in insomnia.

"Fetch Enki for me will you Kespie. I want you to stay by his side once I’m gone." he whispered quietly. The snowy owl let out a rather sad hoot, but she complied. The owl rushing off to leave him in a bit of silence. As much as he was fading he had to hold on. Someone had to at least hear his goodbyes. There was worse ways to go and he considered himself lucky to have lived this long to begin with. He sighed, trying to move his stiff limbs but to no avail. He would lay there curled determined to stay conscious until someone came.
Eraithus has a permanant bend in his tail, giving it a crooked appearance. Some of his art does not depict this.
he has a female snowy owl by the name kespie, it is assumed shes around regardless of mention.

Enki

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (245)

Master Navigator (245)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - Gay (MLM)Samhain 2022
07-29-2024, 05:51 PM
It was no secret that Eraithus had been getting older but, like every child that is forced to face the reality that their parents are not immortal, Enki had simply shrugged off the passing time. There would always be tomorrow and, in his mind, his father would still be there. But time is cruel, stealing away days until we find that tomorrow is but a distant memory and that cruel passing hangs heavily onto the bones of the old. So, when Kespie came to fetch him, the pale pink man knew that the day he had dreading and secretly been trying to put off, had finally arrived.

Paws heavy with sorrow, Enki follows behind the snowy owl, fighting to keep control of his emotions as he enters the den where his father is resting. Head ducks to avoid knocking into the doorway and it takes a moment for his sight to adjust to the dimness in here compared to the bright sun outside. With a couple long strides, he crosses the space between that lay between the two men and lays himself in front of his dad. Bright blue eyes scan his form as the pink man gently says, “Hey dad. Is there anything I can do to help?”

Ears fall flat against his head as he tries to remain strong for the dying man but Enki can feel his heart breaking with each passing moment.

"Enki Klein"

Eraithus

Somnium

Beginner Intellectual (5)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

Pride - PolysexualHalloween 2020 - Haunted House
07-29-2024, 06:42 PM
Patiently he waited and gods he couldn’t describe the relief when he felt Enki come to his side. He hated to admit he’d been a little worried he would end up dying all alone. A smile crossed his face and he couldn’t help raising his muzzle in an attempt to nuzzle Enki. "Just stay… my time won’t be long now." his voice was hoarse but he was sure it would reach his loved ones ears. Enki would be entrusted with his last words as he was sure there was not enough time to notify the pack or the little family he had here. He hoped Medusa would come to see him, he silently wondered where he would be buried.

With that, Eraithus gestured towards his bear skull armor and his shoulder antler weapons. "I want you to have those. Use them as you see fit or even pass them on to your future children or loved ones. Kespie as well, she still has many years ahead of her and she’s a reliable owl to have by your side." he tried not to be afraid. But had he really made his mark where he could have?

"I know… I haven’t been the best man through my life. But truly, you, Medusa, insomnia made me a happy wolf. I treasure the moments we’ve spent together. I couldn’t be more proud of you Enki… and thank you for giving me the privilege to be called your father." before he knew it he’d laid down his life for these kids. Even if Nirah had rejected him. Eraithus sighed, feeling his eyelids grow heavily. "Thank you, and please tell everyone I love them. Don’t grieve long Enki and forge your life path as true to yourself as you can." it felt like a dream almost. His head going fuzzy. But as minutes past his breathing grew shallow. Eventually it stopped and he curled there as if he’d fallen asleep. Blue fur that used to shine so bright seemingly like a faded painted after image.

-exit via death-
Eraithus has a permanant bend in his tail, giving it a crooked appearance. Some of his art does not depict this.
he has a female snowy owl by the name kespie, it is assumed shes around regardless of mention.

Enki

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (245)

Master Navigator (245)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - Gay (MLM)Samhain 2022
07-29-2024, 07:50 PM
Even though his father was weak, he still lifted his muzzle and Enki reaches out, returning the nuzzle to Eraithus lovingly as he was asked to stay. Gently, he reassures, “I’m not going anywhere dad. It’s okay, you’re not alone.” A large paw reaches out, gently cupping one of his father’s smaller ones as he shows the dying man that he is here through the reassuring contact. Gaze tracks over to the weapon and armor and he bites back tears as they are passed to him and he nods feebly while saying, “Thank you. I will take great care of them all. I love you dad”

Water shimmers in his eyes as he looks to where Kespie rests nearby, the sorrow of her master’s passing visible in the distress that she radiates. If only death wasn’t a necessary part of life, if only those we love could stay forever so that tearful goodbyes would never have to be said. The tears slip free as his father finishes speaking and he Enki scoots forward, abandoning the paw he had been holding in favor of draping his head lightly over the dying man’s shoulder.

Life had not been easy for them and the gods know that their family was far from perfect but Enki still loves the only man who has held the title of father in his life. Tears slip free, dampening the blue fur beneath his face as he remains there, the contact meant to sooth Eraithus’s passing, acting like an anchor for aching heart. Slowly, life ebbs from the body and he resists the urge to summon healers, to drag out the natural process that was taking place. Eyes squeeze shut, sending more tears to cascade down his pale pink cheeks as the dying man’s breathes grow shallow.

Before the blue man fully slips away from him, Enki brokenly whispers, “I hope that you find peace and mom. Tell her I miss her, okay? I’ll try not to grieve too long dad. I’ll try to be strong… for you.” All too soon, Eraithus stills, his body loosely curled as if he is simply sleeping but the pale man knows better. Body quakes as he silently sobs, not yet ready to let go of his father. Time passes, how much, he is uncertain of as he lays there, head resting on the body of his father.

A soft, mournful hoot pulls him from his grieving and he lifts his head, looking at the relaxed features of his father and planting a soft kiss on his blue cheek. Standing, Enki moves to the opening of the den and releases a sorrowful howl, alerting the pack to his father’s passing and inviting all those who wished to pay their respects to gather. He moves back to his father’s body, gently smoothing the damp fur where he had rested head before finding a thick fur to drape over the back half of the still form.

Sniffling, Enki takes a seat by his father’s head, standing guard as a silent sentinel, ready to greet those who come to visit while fighting back his tears and trying to remain strong… for him.

"Enki Klein"

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (699)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
09-12-2024, 01:55 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2024, 01:56 AM by Medusa. Edited 1 time in total.)

She had seen very little of Eraithus for some time now. It was no secret he'd been getting up there in years, and she was also no stranger to death. Though it seemed like some wolves might live forever, Eraithus simply wasn't one of them. She hadn't been too far from Eraithus' den when she spotted the owl flying out. And almost as quickly as it had left the den, did it return with Enki in tow. While Medusa struggled with the odd social cue here and there, she had a feeling in the pit of her stomach that this was one such moment that shouldn't be interrupted. Eraithus had become a sort of friend to her during his time here, and it was a shame that they hadn't gotten the chance to get to know each other better. She remained where she was in silence for a little while, allowing whatever time that was left for father and son.

She didn't know how to say goodbye. Had never really known anyone personally that died on her. Death was normal for her, after all, she was often the bringer of it when it came to outsiders. Instead, she would get up and quietly make her way to the den, lingering beside it and out of sight, the heavy stench of what was to come permeating the air. She could hear bits and pieces of what Eraithus had said, her lips slightly quirking up at the mention of her and Insomnia having made him happy in some form. While things could've been better, she did respect the man despite the transgressions of his dead wife. Of course, it was easy to wish for things...it was another to actually get them done before ones last day.

She waited still. Unwilling to ruin a moment that might be desperately needed between Erai and Enki. Though she could feel a lump forming in the back of her throat, she took a deep breath and would swallow past it. She wouldn't move until Enki's sorrowful cry pierced the air, and only then would Medusa take a moment or two before approaching the mouth of the den. The scent and sight of Erai's now still body hit her in a way that was different than the usual. She had seen many lifeless bodies, but this time was different. The lifeless body of a friend she actually liked was a stark contrast to that of strangers she didn't know and never cared to know.

She approached quietly, an unusual silence for The Wraith as she made her way to Erai and Enki's side. She gently placed her nose against Erai's body for a moment, almost as if double checking it was real, before pulling away. She placed a paw on Enki's shoulder, offering him some form of quiet comfort. She remained silent for a long while as she absorbed what had happened, and then finally she would speak. "Eraithus will be missed...not just by Enki, but Medusa will miss him, too. Eraithus was becoming a good friend to Medusa..." But unfortunately, his time had been cut before they could go further. "Eraithus will be buried here in Insomnia. Medusa will make him a memorial, too." She didn't know if it would bring any comfort to the pale boy, but it was something she could offer, at least.

speech
code by Cloudy; art by Cloudy

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c: