Beginner Navigator (0)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
08-07-2024, 08:31 PM

Excitement fluttered in Sucre’s chest as she and her companions saw the shimmer of water. They had been wandering the western lands, seeking a place that might be able to sustain the penguins for a while. The barren lands had been rough getting out of and so the land of lush green was a sight for sore eyes. The lake waters were widespread, though they seemed to be broken up by small streaks of land between them. It suggested that the lake wasn’t very deep but it would still hold fish. Much like Anna and Nina they were Sucre’s favorite source of food. Nothing beats a fresh fish!

Prancing through the grass with her tail held high, Sucre started for the water’s edge. The grass was soft, spongey, likely because of so much water being by. There were butterflies fluttering nearby, crickets singing in the grass… a good bug hunt later could be enjoyable too, she thought. A rumbling purr vibrated in her chest as she looked over at her companions. The penguins wasted no time in slipping into the deepest part of the lake to begin their own fishing endeavors.

Sucre took in a deep breath and paused by the water’s edge. Could there be a more perfect day?

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Hestia

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Alo
08-12-2024, 01:48 PM
h e s t I a

Hestia set out to explore when she heard the sound of water being splashed in. perked, swiveling ears led her to the scene- two penguins and a cat. a cat? she hadn't seen one since home. and all alone out here? she slowly emerged form the thickets to the cat's left, her long lavish tail swaying at her ankles as she paused some respective distance away. "Are you a cat? she asked, coming to slowly seat herself in a neat manner. of course it was, but she wanted to make sure. how big did lion cubs get, again? the inquisitive Hestia never knew. "I'm Hestia. Are those your parents?" she Brought her right paw to her chest as she announced her name before glancing over the cat to see the penguins in the water. "Are you all fishing?" she always did have many questions.

"talk" 'think'
table by scarlet, art by nelsa

Sucre

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
08-21-2024, 08:41 PM

Sucre’s gaze lingered on the water, fixed on the fish that were moving below the surface. Her focus had caused her to drop her guard, and when she heard a voice she’d startle, head flicking around quickly as her gaze landed on a wolf. “Are you a cat?” The question that came from the wolf was strange. It disarmed Sucre’s natural anxiety of other predators as she frowned a little, confusion on her face. “I am… although of the small variety…” Perhaps the wolf confused her with the larger wild cats that she’d already seen stalking these lands. Sucre was wary of many of them too, except the playful lioness she had met in the giant forest.

“Hestia…” Sucre spoke the name slowly. This wolf, much like the one she had met in the North, seemed to have no intention of attacking or eating her. That was a relief. The next questions came close together, and Sucre’s gaze shifted over to her penguin companions as Hestia finished asking the second one. “They are friends, though kind of like sisters in a way, despite our differences.” Sucre explained with a small smile. She glanced back over at Hestia.

“We all love fish, though Anna and Nina never really expected someone who would rival them in that way.” An amused purr slipped past her lips and she stretched, slowly approaching the wolf, though she still kept some distance between them. “My name is Sucre, by the way. You… don’t smell of others… do you travel alone?” She had thought it was more common for wolves to be in a groups, but maybe she was wrong?

"Speech,"'Thought.'

Hestia

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Alo
08-24-2024, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2024, 10:48 AM by Hestia. Edited 1 time in total.)
h e s t I a

she listened to the small cat speak, eyes on them while she understood slowly. friends? together? like a band! she barked in excitement, her long lavish tail wagging behind her hindquarters. "can I be friends too?" she grinned, her bright eyes creasing slightly at the ends as her features showed only kindness and curiosity for the trio she stumbled upon. a young wolf, Hestia didn't understand the norm of what might've been between a smaller cat and wolves, let alone penguins and a cat plus a wolf! no barriers kept Hestia at bay. it was new, and new called her name. she nodded eagerly then at 'sucre's' question. "yes! I am a nomad for now."

"talk" 'think'
table by scarlet, art by nelsa

Sucre

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
09-19-2024, 10:55 PM

Sucre’s whiskers twitched as she watched the pretty purple wolf. At the bark she jumped a little, but recognizing the excitement she smiled. “If you want~” It was still strange to see creatures that were kind, especially when they could have just as easily been enemies. But like herself Hestia seemed young, maybe she didn’t know the usual conflict between their species. Thinking about it, Sucre realized how strange it was for her to be traveling with Anna and Nina as well. They were birds of some sort, right? At least penguins seemed like birds. But here they were, traveling together as friends, a makeshift family.

“I’ve been on my own for a while too, though it’s not so bad now that I have Anna and Nina with me.” Sucre explained. “If you’d like, you’re welcome to travel with us! Not really sure where we’re going, but it’s kind of nice just being able to look around and get the lay of new lands.” The she cat’s eyes lit up and she hopped to her paws. “As a matter of fact, let's take a look around here! We can see there is deep water for fishing because of the lake, but maybe we can notice other things too!”

Sucre had already noticed that the water of the lake was not perfectly open, having trails of land that broke up bits of it. Did it make a unique shape if looked at from above, she wondered? Thick, lush green grass grew by the edge of the water, getting plenty of the elements it needed in order to thrive. She could hear insects in the grass too. Crickets were rubbing their legs together in song, and flies and other small winged insects buzzed out over the water. Sucre motioned with her paw for Hestia to join her, starting to pad around the perimeter of the lake.

“Do you see anything interesting?”

"Speech,"'Thought.'