ardent

Goodbye isn't forever

Devya

gems
size
build
player
11-21-2013, 09:09 PM

She hadn't seen her father in ages. She missed him dearly. He had been scarce from the territory, only making an appearance when the black fae called the war meeting. But she wanted to see her father privately. Crown tilted back, a call breaking loose, seeking out the pale man. Haunches dropped the earth, her tail curling around her as she settled into wait for her father. She hoped all was well with him. He still did not know about the fight between herself and Artemis, but she felt that he should know. And that Ares now lived in the Tortuga. She was sure he would pleased to know that two of his children lived within he same pack, as beta she thought he would have known and sought them out. But nothing. Not even a hello. A sigh slipped from lips, hoping her father would come.

Speech,

Seraphim

gems
size
build
player
11-21-2013, 09:39 PM

Seraphim
i?m radioactive, radioactive

Her call fell on welcome ears. Seraphim had longed to see his daughter, but he knew she was with Ares. Of course, he wanted to see his son as well, but he could not. Not yet at least. He grimaced as he considered the predicament he was in, wishing that something could change it, something other than the only way he knew of. Was the brute prepared to fight to the death? He had a lot to live for - the pack, Devya, maybe even Eris... But he also missed his children terribly, even those who resented him. He always harbored hope deep down that he would see Codeine finally and that Artemis would grow to love him. The man hated to admit that he was a bit of a hopeless romantic now.

A smile spread on his maw as he approached the girl and nuzzled her head affectionately. It had been too long since he had seen her. Devya, I've missed you.

Tagged: Devya

Devya

gems
size
build
player
11-21-2013, 09:43 PM

It did not take long for her father to appear. A grin split her face as she returned his nuzzle, burying her face in his neck. "I've missed you too." She turned her face upward, meeting his gaze, she searched his face, for everything and nothing. Where had he been? Did he know Ares was here? She had so much to ask and so much to tell. "Where have you been? How have you been?" Words fell quickly from inky jaws, happiness and nervousness bubbling in her chest. She had to tell him about Artemis. But how?

Speech,

Seraphim

gems
size
build
player
11-21-2013, 09:48 PM

Seraphim

He couldn't admit to the things he had been doing. For some reason, it was far too embarrassing to tell her that he had found love and subsequently lost it. Perhaps she would be disappointed simply in the fact that it was a Glaciem wolf that had stolen his heart. Instead, he would redirect. What she had been doing was far more important to him right now.

I haven't been up to anything interesting... What have you been doing though? You couldn't have been sitting around bored all this time.

Devya

gems
size
build
player
11-21-2013, 09:51 PM

A gentle smile tugged at her lips when her father said he had been doing nothing interesting. "You're so boring." Soft laughter would bubble in her throat as she bumped his shoulder with her nose. Immediately though it would fade, she looked almost guilty. "Well no, I've been doing?.stuff." She tried her best to sound convincing. "Ares is part of Tortuga now." She hoped it would redirect the conversation but her voice didn't even convince herself.

Speech,

Cirala

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
11-21-2013, 10:44 PM

Seraphim

Seraph raised a brow in response to her answer, but it didn't dampen the smile that had formed at her calling him boring. If only she knew, boring was an improvement from what he used to be. He would much rather be boring than as cold and empty as he used to be. He was happy this way. What a shame that he would give it all up soon.

I did know that Ares joined Tortuga, yes. Is he enjoying it? And what sort of stuff have you been up to?

Devya

gems
size
build
player
11-21-2013, 11:14 PM

Her father lifted a brow but said nothing, his smile unwavering. He asked about Ares, already knowing he was part of Tortuga. If he knew then why hadn't he sought them out? Questions bubbled in her mind, long forgotten was the threat Morphine had given to her father. Next came the question she dreaded. Her gaze dropped to her paws as she remained silent at first. "Well," Words came out slowly, uncertain, her gaze still on her paws, examining them closely. "I ran into Artemis awhile ago and we got into a fight and I tore her ear and she fracture my ribs." Her words suddenly came tumbling out, spoken quickly as though it was all one long word. She looked up at her father through her lashes, look sheepish and unsure.

Speech,

Seraphim

gems
size
build
player
12-03-2013, 03:49 PM

Seraphim

While a part of him wanted immediately to seek out Artemis and scold her for what she had done, he knew he had to wait. Perhaps it wouldn't be worth it at all, but that was not to decide until after his deed was done - that is, if he lived through it. He let the concern for Devya wash over his features briefly and shook his head slightly in disappointment and sadness. Why had it come to this?

While I wish that you would've walked away and remained unscathed, I am glad that you stood your ground. A small smile formed on his maw. I am proud of how much you have grown and can only hope that you continue to do so. It has been an honor to be your father... His voice trailed off slightly at this and he glanced to the sky. The brute forced away the regret that threatened to fill him, knowing that there was only one path for him to truly take.

Devya

gems
size
build
player
12-04-2013, 11:14 PM

Ears fell back against her skull as her father shook his head in what could only be disappointment. Her gaze fell, taking a deep interest in the earth. Only her fathers gentle tones would lift her gaze, a small smile tugging at her own inky lips. Her tail began to wag as he continued. It has been an honor. Has been. His gaze left hers in favor of the sky, his voice trailing off. Crown would tilt slightly to the left, confusion filling her thoughts. "Somethings wrong." Words were a murmur, barely audible. The girl began to frantically search her fathers gaze, trying to understand. Why would he say has been? Maybe it was a simple mistake? Yet she couldn't ignore the feeling that something was off.

OOC- this could end whenever with him telling her to go with Ares to the battlefield?

Speech,

Seraphim

gems
size
build
player
12-07-2013, 04:35 PM

Seraphim

His head snapped back to attention at her words and concern took over his features as he registered the worry in her eyes. It pained him so much to see her this way, he only prayed he could go through with his plan when she found out about it tomorrow. Devya would probably resent him after this, but one day she would understand. When they were parents, they would all understand. He sighed before addressing her, knowing his answer wouldn't be enough. Bring Ares and meet me at the battlefield tomorrow at the sun's first light. I will explain there. I love you. With that, the man would turn away and make his was back to his den to prepare for what was to come.

-exit-