Fermin

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
11-09-2013, 04:30 PM

These new lands were quite lovely, so much terrain, it was crazy to think so much could fit in such an area. The different biomes here were quite interesting, and Fermin sure as hell would be checking out each one while he was here. Today he found himself in the eastern lands, moving among a rocky wall, being careful with where he set his paws so he wouldn't slip and ended up knocking himself out on a rock. Just a few yards away he could see the wall change into sand, a beach secluded from the rest of the land. A curious hum would slip from his lips as he change the path he was on, doing a ninety degree turn and made his way down the rocks. Within seconds his rough paws would come into contact with the cool shifting sands beneath his weigh, his blue gaze going to the water that was coming up on the shore for a few seconds then pulling back. Off he would go, pace slow and heavy, stopping just where the water would go its furthest before retreating. A cool breeze would flow across the sands, seeping into his thick coat ad sending chills down his spine. This was nice.

"normal.
speech.
thoughts.
you.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
11-11-2013, 11:20 PM

Odette was alone that day. Aurora had gone off to Ludicael to some meeting, but had made Odette promise to not wander too far from the den. She had, but her body had yelled for freedom, so she had wandered to one of her favorite settings: the beach. Thoughts began to creep into the young pup's mind. Her parents had disappeared for what she assumed to be forever, not to mention her siblings were out of the picture for the time being. Their absences were painfully obvious, but she felt that if they really wanted to find her, they would. She began to think of her older brother and sisters and pondered where they were as well. Such thoughts swam around in her head and she couldn't help but be consumed by them again. It was a cycle that she had been dealing with since the scents of her siblings had become stale in the old den...it really had to stop.
Anger built up in the young one's chest as she struggled to mentally push them out of her thoughts. The task was difficult, but it started to get better as the scents of the ocean and the beach came to her nose. Distraction, that was what she needed. Odette sharply inhaled the salty sea air, of which immediately began to sting the sensitive sensors in her nostrils. She sneezed from the sharp intake, shaking all over and causing her fur to stand on end. Watery blue and red eyes blinked from the impact of the jolt and she saw a lone figure in the distance. Rather than backing down from his large frame, she trotted towards him and inhaling his rogue scent as well. He looked tough, and tough was what she liked.

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Fermin

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
11-11-2013, 11:49 PM

After a few minutes of walking along the shore, light blue eyes would fall upon a figure coming in his direction. Ears would perk up, head tilting to the side a bit, his eyes would narrow to try focusing on the form. Small, maybe a child. The man would give a shrug of his shoulders, it wasn't a threat so he wouldn't get all mean. On he went, not changing his path. A few minutes later and the wolf was only a few yards away. "Shouldn't wander alone kid." He would come to a stop a few feet from the girl, tail hanging limp between is legs as he inspected the child. Nose would sniff at the air, picking out scents that would be remembered, but nothing told him there were others nearby. Was this kid alone, abandoned by her parents?

"normal.
speech.
thoughts.
you.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
11-12-2013, 12:33 AM

Her thoughts were still brimming at the edge of her mind, wanting to overflow and fill the part of her brain that was focused on the large brute in front of her. She continued to push the waters of negative feelings and thoughts away from the mental pup inside of her as he spoke. It was like a knife slicing into a cake of a desired conversation, waiting to be released as her ears perked to his words. All Odette could do was snort and cut a glance to the ocean on her right. "Everybody tells me that." Her reply was short and simple -- something she wasn't used to giving other people.
Odette's tail twitched in annoyance as she continued to watch the waves silently rising and falling to the shore they occupied. It was a nice sight to watch, especially when her mind was filled with so many thoughts of the past haunting her. Pushing the reminders from the beach from her current train of thought, she looked up to the large male and said, "I can take care of myself anyway. I'm old enough to look after myself. It hasn't been a problem since I started doing it." She realized that she was putting on a front and lying to do so. Odette then backed up and changed her tune. "Actually, it has been a problem. I hunt like a novice and my fighting skills are worth nothing. I feel ignorant about the world by being defenseless. How am I supposed to take it over by not knowing anything?"

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Fermin

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
11-14-2013, 06:57 PM

A small smirk would appear on the man at the girl's response to his comment, an ear swiveling to the side. Of course people would tell her that, the girl didn't look old enough to be wandering alone. Though she was close to his size, the man knew she was still vulnerable to other more dangerous predators that would love to pounce on someone like her. After a few moments of thinking, at least that's what he thought she was doing, the girl would turn back to him and speak. She would pull the usual kid phase, they can take care of themself, old enough to take care of themself. So many said it, and so many actually needed help, guidance to help them survive.

After it left her lips it seemed to girl would want to take it back, stepping back and lowering her tone. She would admit that it has been a problem, being by herself, then going to explain her hunting and fighting skills. The man would give a low chuckle, slowly shaking his head before taking a few steps forward and past the girl, stopping to glance over his shoulder at her. "Wanna take over the world, ey? Come, I'll show you some things." He'd rumble with a smile, motioning with his head for her to follow before he began to continue his way down the shore.

Fermin didn't know if the girl would follow him or not, and either wyy he wouldn't mind, he'd still help her. Though she was just a stranger, the man couldn't leave her alone like this, at least, not without showing hr some things that would improve her hunting and fighting.

"normal.
speech.
thoughts.
you.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
11-21-2013, 02:45 AM

The lesson that was to be taught by the large male was unexpected for Odette. She hadn't realized that her ramblings on about not being smart enough to live on her own would produce such a result. Instead of voicing her surprise at the words he spoke, Odette obediently followed the massive form. Seven-month-old paws left imprints in the sand as she turned and walked the invisible track that the male was walking on. This should be interesting.
She didn't know what to expect, but Odette's curiosity was mounting with each stride. The spawn of Gargoyle and Ocena was eager to see what would come of this unknown lesson of sorts. She pondered the outcome and how it would affect her skills as a novice hunter and fighter. Secretly, she was keener on the fighting tactics that could be learned, so her bi-colored eyes twinkled with the perception she hoped to gain. "What will you show me?" was all she asked, for she didn't want to seem overanxious of such a lesson he would teach.

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

Fermin

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
11-23-2013, 05:19 PM

An ear would flick to the side, catching the sound of paw prints not far behind him. Ah, so she would would want his help for sure, the thought made a small smile form on his lips. Within moments the girl would speak up, asking the older man what he would show her. A low rumbling chuckle would escape from his jaws, head turning, his light blue orbs locking onto the girls bi-colored ones, a small flame swirling inside. "I will show you what you would like little lady, as long as it doesn't involve herbs, I was never too good with plants." He'd grin, giving a wink to her before turning his head back and focusing on the path ahead. The girl had complained about her hunting and fighting skills, so he would find a nice spot for them to stop where she could show him what she got then work on helping her improve those skills.

"This seems like a good spot." After a few minutes of walking Fermin had found them a nice area to begin, not on the shore but a bit inland, a path of flat green grass, a few rocks here and there but not further away, giving them plenty of room to work. "So," he would turn around to face the youngster, head held high and a smile still on his lips as he watched her. "Where would you like to start?" She was the one to complain, so he would let her choose which area to work on.

"normal.
speech.
thoughts.
you.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
11-24-2013, 01:53 AM

Her complaining had paid off, for the male was obliging to teach her the ways of hunting and fighting. It made the seven-month-old wag her tail in pleasure, for the idea of honing her skills brought the idea of power and keeping it swell in her brain. The plans were working themselves in her mind, but she didn't voice them like she had in front of Bask and Kairos. The part of Gargoyle that she had inherited was growing, causing her to keep more of her thoughts to herself than before. It wasn't a bad trait, and she was happy about it.
When they had found a nice spot for potential practicing, Odette's ears perked at his question. His looming form didn't stir any fear in the pup, and that was another sign of her father. She listened to his inquiry and she waited for the proper amount of time to pass before she said, "Fighting. I know a little about hunting, but I would rather know how to defend myself. Food is important, but being on guard can come in handy, too." She talked as if she knew all about it. Bah.

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

Fermin

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
12-02-2013, 05:59 PM

He would give a slow nod of his head as the girl told him what she would like to work on, fighting, it was more important to know how to defend yourself. Very true, what if she had a meal and somebody tried stealing it away? You could scare a wolf off just by looking intimidating most of the time. "Sounds good, before we start though, I would like you to show me what you know so far and explain what it does." He took a step back and motioned for her to start. Before he would teach her, Fermin had to know what she knew so far, what moves had she been taught or learned and what the moves would do for her or towards somebody she was facing.

"normal.
speech.
thoughts.
you.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-03-2013, 09:40 AM

He wanted to know what she knew first and it seemed like the logical thing to do. How else was she to learn without him knowing what she had to be taught? It was a question that she shouldn't have had to consider. With the position she was in, she would be grateful for any type of teaching.
The seven-month-old pup looked at him with a serious gaze and firmly nodded. "Yes sir!" she exclaimed before turning to walk a few steps away from him. Fermin also gave her enough room to demonstrate what she knew. Odette pretended to be sitting and enjoying a meal until someone came to try and take it. She curled her lips into a snarl, showing her teeth and scrunched her eyes. Slowly rising, she caused her fur to stand on end and her hackles rose as a result. Her head lowered itself to level with her body and she took a few steps forward to protect her food. The imaginary enemy began to walk in a parallel direction and so Odette walked in a semi-circle with her eyes focused on the imaginary wolf. She made pretend snarls and with ears flattened, she dove in and pounced, pretending to go for the scruff. She twisted her head to the left, side-stepping with her right paws crossing over her left to the ground. Toes flexed and she kept her balance until she felt that the fight was over. Playfully kicking the air next to her with her right hind foot, she looked at Fermin. "How did I do?"

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

Fermin

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
12-11-2013, 10:13 PM

Eyes would narrow on the girl as she moved back to begin demonstrating what she knew, he would be watching very carefully, picking at her moves and defenses then show her some that she should know or improve on.

And so the scene would play out, the girl was eating a meal when something seemed to interrupt her, an enemy. Head would raise as Fermin watched the child, giving a small nod of approval as it went on. She bared her fangs, scrunched her eyes, fur stood up and head lowered to be level with her body. Very nice. She would go in a semi-circle around her imaginary meal, eyes focused on her opponent, ears flattened and she dove in, grabbing something and twisting her head to the left while side-stepping. Within moments it was over and she was asking how she did.

"You did some good things and bad Miss Odette." His tone would be one of just informing, not trying to put the child down, just waning to tell her what she was missing in her imaginary fight. "Narrowing your eyes and making your fur stand along with lowering your head, flattening your ears are good but you are missing a few things that would further help, in terms of defense." With that the man would take a few steps forward so that he was beside her about three feet away. "You want to keep your weight distributed over your limbs, and have your tail out to help with some balance." He would show her, spreading his legs out equally so he could still move about without stumbling because his legs were too far out. "Stay on your toes in case you have to leap out of the way... When you bring your head down, try pointing your muzzle towards the ground, it will protect your throat. While you do that you can bring your shoulders forward, the skin on your neck will create folds that will greatly help." Again he would demonstrate, pointing his muzzle towards the ground, rolling his shoulders forward to make the skin fold up around his neck.

"In the middle of a fight, try staying aware of where your opponent is. They can do various things if you go head on, snap at your face, neck or shoulders, and even feint a move to throw you off and try to slam into you before going for a more fatal attack." He would throw a serious glance to her. "You may have to sacrifice a move in order to get a good placement to deliver a blow, but try staying on all four limb, it will be harder to knock you off balance."

"normal.
speech.
thoughts.
you.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-13-2013, 12:30 AM

The directions the large male gave her stuck in her mind. Odette watched and listened with ears perked for the advice she had looked for. Her gaze was steady and she took in all the details of what he was telling her. Both physically and verbally, she was ready and slowly, Odette gave a firm nod. "Okay..." she said softly, wanting to make sure she did everything right. Her form changed then, from being relaxed after her show, to the stance her mentor was showing.
Odette looked back out to the invisible enemy and she began to growl. It wasn't a full grown-up growl, but for her age, it was appropriate for someone who was pissed off. Her eyes scrunched, fur raised on all hackles, toes began to expand across the ground, and her legs moved out to where she was firmly standing. She began to walk towards and then around in the same semi-circle, her tail stretching out to give her balance and she pulled her head back and down to angle at the ground. The rolls of her neck became obvious with the movement and she showed the scrunched up neck fat that was growing. Ears flattened and she remained focused on the enemy before coming at a right angle with her upper lip curled and teeth bared.
The invisible wolf came at her hind right leg, looking to potentially bite the hinge joint of her knee. She turned to avoid it and bit at the enemy's scruff, latching on with her head still low and protecting her throat. Grumbles escaped through clenched teeth and she started to pull back with a firm grip on the wolf's scruff. Her tail was straight out and her body remained low as she side-stepped to her left and kept her legs even for her stance to keep itself aligned and secure. She imagined the enemy wolf attempting to thrash and bite at her own face, so she attempted to fling the invisible canine to the ground in front of her. Immediately, she raced towards the fallen body and aimed for its throat, silencing the life that had been there.
Looking up, she flicked her tail after relaxing her stance and padded towards the tall Armada. Odette stood next to him again and said, "I know my enemy won't be as easily swayed, but, was that better?"

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

Fermin

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
12-18-2013, 01:39 PM
ooc: I didn't last too long but maybe end it here? We could start a new thread where they run into each other? We could say they did a little practice fight then parted ways.

Fermin would drop what he just showed the girl, taking about three steps back and giving a small nod of his head when she changed her stance. Just like before he would watch her in silence, taking note of what she did right and wrong. In no time the small fight would be over and Odette was making her way back over to the man, asking how this was. "Much better, with time you will become a good warrior." His low voice rumbled with a nod of his head, his tail brushing against her hip as he moved forward. "Now, lets see how you do with a real opponent." With a grin Fermin would stop a few feet away, turning around to face the child with a smirk, motioning for her to come at him.

-exit fermin-

"normal.
speech.
thoughts.
you.