Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
02-23-2014, 12:02 PM

Bitterness had a way of seeping into Iorwerth, was he destined to continuously be overlooked? Here he had thought he was doing rather well in Seracia, he'd quickly received a promotion to Esquire though upon rank change had found himself all too suddenly demoted. His suggestion to avoid demoting all members had only partially been taken into play it seemed, he had not regained his rank though he knew others had kept theirs or even been promoted. He had quickly rushed to the aid of others in the storm and still did what he could for the pack, though without fully understanding this mentor system or not having known for some time who he would actually be mentoring there was only so much the man could do.

Pack hunts technically weren't in his job description, not to organise them anyway though Iorwerth had decided he was fed up with waiting. Perhaps it was the lack of connection with other wolves in Seracia that was keeping him from rising, a hunt would be a good excuse to spend time with those that already had their own little friendship groups sorted. His cold nature perhaps meant he was destined to be alone, but he could at least force himself to make an effort.

And so here he was now, having let out a call for someone else within the pack to join him there was nothing left to do but wait and see who would answer.

Destruction

gems
size
build
player
02-23-2014, 12:19 PM

Hmm? The call for a pack hunt would catch the Queen's attention. The one who called... she searched her mind for a name. Iorwerth. The dark female had been meaning to talk with him anyway, to tell him that he had been chosen to mentor a pair of apprentices, and well, going to the hunt was a good a time as any to tell him of this duty. Any other mentors who showed up could be informed of their intended matches as well, she decided. So with that Destruction would set off in the direction the male had called from.

Every show of effort in the pack would be noted by the female. Iorwerth, though not being of the rank to normally call a pack hunt, had done so. Destruction however was hardly upset at this. No, she was thrilled that someone had taken initiative to begin something without her orders. Definitely a step in the right direction, and with Ior being of the first, well, that boded good in her eyes. Well, eye.

Destruction would approach Iorwerth, the first to arrive to the gathering that would become a pack hunt. Her single orb would fall on the male, and the female would dip her head in greeting. "Iorwerth, good to see you." The female would give a gentle swish of her tail, making sure to meet his gaze. "I apologize that things have been a little haphazard since the leadership change. I thank you for taking inititive to begin a hunt for our pack. I would also like to inform you that your apprentices have been decided. You will be mentoring Amalia and Mercury, though if any other pup requests to join you for training you are more than welcome to reach them as well, of course."

"Speech",'Thought.'

Rohini

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
03-02-2014, 02:05 AM

She had been lazing around, buried in the tall grass, unseen from a distance. She liked it here. It was peaceful, given for the thundering sound of the herds moving. Those large beasts were fascinating at the very least to the young girl. She had never hunted anything bigger than a small doe. Even then it was more of a chance till the deer collapsed exhausted. Rohini was more of a bird catcher and fisher. Her slender limbs like coiled springs and light frame made her quick on her toes. Pale green orbs were closed, she wasn't asleep, till a howl sounded out. Slowly her eyes opened as her head lifted up off the ground. A pack hunt? She had never part took in one before. Maybe this was her chance to act more pack wolf than a loner.

Slowly her body raised up to stretch before taking an easy loop off to the caller. She wasn't sure what she would expect, or what they'd expect from her. She didn't have much strength in her, just lean tight muscles of a runner. Plus she had never taken down large game. Surely it would be large game right? For a pack this size it had to be. Maybe it would end up just being a training. But who all would show up? In no time two figures came into view. One she knew of as Destruction and the other she had seen only as meetings before. Slowly to a walk she lowered her tail, not tucked under but flat against her haunches, ears slightly back but flicking forwards often with interest. She stopped near Destruction, looking at her and then the male."May I join the hunt? Though..uuhh..I've never hunted large game or with a pack before" She voice was just barely louder than a whisper as she shifted nervously from paw to paw.

"Speech"

Iorwerth

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
03-04-2014, 04:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2014, 04:59 AM by Iorwerth.)
ooc: As this has been up for over a week, figured I'd reply again. Until the hunt actually starts others are still welcome to join.

"Iorwerth, good to see you." It would be the Queen to join him first, fortunately it seemed she wasn't displeased with his decision to call for a hunt. It wasn't his place, he knew that but he wasn't just going to sit around if no one else was calling for such things. "Queen Destruction." He acknowledged with a dip of his head, pausing to let her speak. "I apologize that things have been a little haphazard since the leadership change. I thank you for taking initiative to begin a hunt for our pack. I would also like to inform you that your apprentices have been decided. You will be mentoring Amalia and Mercury, though if any other pup requests to join you for training you are more than welcome to reach them as well, of course."

"These things happen." He responded, the tone was perhaps meant to be one of understanding, life certainly didn't always go as planned as he knew. "Would you care to take over the organising now?" Some might have felt a little daunting leading their leader, he'd step up to the challenge though it'd be foolish to seem quite so eager about it. Members of the pack may perhaps look more fondly upon their Queen leading them in a hunt than another member of the Clergy, perhaps it would be best for her to take over.

He couldn't think who Amalia and Mercury were, he would have to meet them some point soon, they likely had no idea who he was either. He gave a single nod of his head, showing he understood her words. There were no further questions or comments on the matter, at least not from Iorwerth anyway.

There was an interruption in the form of a rather timid looking female whose name escaped Iorwerth's mind. "May I join the hunt? Though..uuhh..I've never hunted large game or with a pack before" Well that likely explained her nervous appearance. "You ought to learn at some point." He commented matter-of-factly, his comment an invitation of sorts to join the hunt, though of course ultimately it would be Destruction's decision if for some reason the girl couldn't participate.

Destruction

gems
size
build
player
03-11-2014, 05:40 PM

Destruction was glad that Irowerth understood, though as he asked her if she wanted to take over leading the hunt the woman would gently shake her head. "I think it would be best if you finished what you began. If you have the will to start the hunt on your own I am sure that you are capable enough to lead it." Apart from that Destruction wanted to see what the male could do. See what how he did in a leadership position so that she might report back to Loccian about his dedication to the pack.

Soon another would join them. She would hear the girl first, and then turn her head to look at the young she wolf with a gentle smile. Rohini. She was a female that she did not know all that well, though she wanted to get to know her better. The girl would be a valuable asset to their Clan once she got over her timidness. This was certainly a good start, by the female asking if she could join the pack hunt. A gentle look would shine in her single orb as the girl asked if she could join the hunt. She would chuckle at Irowerth's words, giving a nod. "He's right. Of course you can, Rohini. It will be good experience for you, and besides, the more wolves who join the hunt the higher chance of it being sucessful."

"Speech",'Thought.'