Mariposa

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-22-2014, 03:34 PM

The dark night blackened female made her way through the forest, her orange eyes burning intensely. She was now a part of Arcanum, but only as a mere prisoner. She wanted to be more than just something to toss around, she wanted to prove herself. Prove herself to Cateleya, to Arcanum. Cat had told her that she would have the right to get a higher rank, in spite of being a prisoner. But, Mariposa's fighting wasn't all that well. She needed to improve before she would fight. And for that, she needed training. From anyone. Hopefully they would be good. Mari would throw her head back in a howl, calling for a trainer in fighting.. She hoped that someone would return her call.

Hati

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Tealah

The Ooze Participant
04-23-2014, 06:25 PM

Hati's head rose, his brow furrowed in a mix of confusion and anger. Who the fuck was calling him now? He'd been stalking a rabbit near the river, the little beast completely unaware of him until the call had interrupted his concentration. Now it was bounding across the terrain, already far out of his reach and probably about to go headfirst down a burrow. Damnit. Better be real important. Though the call had been for his rank, rather than him specifically... Eh, what the hell. He'd already lost his lunch, he may as well head back into the forest. Wasn't like he had anything better to do. And he would even stop by to see who was calling and why... maybe he'd get lucky and Daegmar was already there so he could go back to his den.

No such luck. As he stalked into view, he gave an audible - and very irritable - grumble. No Daegmar to be seen, just an orange-eyed female a bit smaller than him. He stopped, slouching, and eyed her with baleful eyes. He'd never seen her before, so she was probably new... not that he actually cared. "What do you want?" he grunted.

"Speech"

Hati isn't nice. He swears, he is violent, and is more than a little insane. If you can't handle what might come of that don't thread with him.

Hati wears a bear skull on his head unless otherwise stated in the post. He also has a ram's skull that might be switched in sometimes if he finds it again.
Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!

Mariposa

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-23-2014, 06:55 PM

The black pelted femme would yawn and pace around almost impatiently, waiting for someone to arrive. The female was eager to start her training. Any day now, she thought to herself as she would roll her orange eyes in blakened amusement. Where the hell were they? The fae would tip her crown into the air, sniffing that scent of a male. Ahh, here they are, she thought to herself, turning towards the male and dipping her crown in a small bow. "Hello, I'm Mariposa, and I would like some training in fighting.. Please," She would add the last word just to be polite, not feeling the need to be in a rude mood about the man that would train her to become better.

Hati

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Tealah

The Ooze Participant
04-27-2014, 11:51 AM

The dark female was calling him to ask for lessons? He grunted noncommittally, giving her a more thorough study. "Why didn't you just go to the training meeting? That's why we have them," he growled. But she hadn't gone, for whatever reason, and if she showed up next time not knowing a damn thing, it was going to seriously throw off whatever rhythm he and Daegmar might be able to force out of these classes. He squeezed his gold eyes shut, huffed noisily, then squinted at her out of his scarred eye. "Well, what do you know?" he demanded. Was she a rank beginner, or was she actually pretty good? Or did she just think she was hot stuff? She'd actually made the step to find a trainer so at least she probably wasn't too arrogant to think she needed training, so there was that. He stood impatiently, head cocked slightly to the side to facilitate seeing her out of his single open eye.

"Speech"

Hati isn't nice. He swears, he is violent, and is more than a little insane. If you can't handle what might come of that don't thread with him.

Hati wears a bear skull on his head unless otherwise stated in the post. He also has a ram's skull that might be switched in sometimes if he finds it again.

Mariposa

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-27-2014, 12:11 PM

The black femme would sigh. "I wasn't aware that there was a training oppportunity going on." She would say, looking up at the male, a bit disappointed with herself. Then the male would ask what she would know, assuming it was about fighting- Mariposa would sit back on her haunches. "Well, I know how to fight well enough to defend myself," the female would say, remembering back to her fight with Cateleya.. She had gained a scar from it, but Mari had also done her part in the fight and she was pretty good.

OOC: Short, sorry..

Hati

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Tealah

The Ooze Participant
04-27-2014, 02:09 PM

Hati opened both his eyes and gave her a hard stare when she said she hadn't known about the training. "No excuses anymore, not if you're serious about training with me. You pay attention to what goes on in the packlands, or you're useless. I don't take excuses, or bitching, or drama, or whining, so if you're going to do any of that, pack up now and find a different teacher cuz I won't deal with it." As for the second part... he shook his head in disgust. "Well that's not enough, is it? Have to be able to take the fight to them, not just... not die." If she was already good enough in a fight to keep herself alive, that's not why she was here. She was ambitious, a ladder climber, looking for a teacher so she could get herself a higher rank. Probably his rank, the way these wolves worked. Either that she just wanted to learn how to kill. Some wolves were like that.

He worked his neck and shoulders restlessly, considering. If she was going to try climbing the ranks anyway - which he thought likely - wasn't it better for him to train her himself? That way he could be assured that she wasn't actually an untrained idiot taking a commanding rank through luck and getting them killed through incompetence later. And if she was an idiot, he could put an end to her ambitions early enough that no harm would come of it.

"Show me your defenses," he growled out. "Don't just tell me you know, show me. Can't teach a goddamn thing if I don't even know what I'm starting with."

"Speech"

Mariposa

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-27-2014, 02:45 PM

Mariposa would nod at the male, understanding that he would not take any bitching from her. He looked like the type of wolf to be quick tempered and not be one to take any bitching from other wolves. She would watch him as he would shuffle around almost endlessely, commanding the female to show him her defenses in fighting. So, she would obey, her sharp claws digging into the soft earth for traction. She would bare her teeth and lower her head and neck, covering her vital soft spot on her neck. She would open her maw in a snarl and narrow her orange eyes into concentrated orange slits, her tail sticking straight out, aligning with her spine for balance.

Hati

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Tealah

The Ooze Participant
05-02-2014, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014, 07:53 AM by Hati.)

Hati

Hati stalked around the girl, sullen gold eyes drifting over her form in a seemingly careless manner. But Hati was sharper than he looked, and battle was his life. She set her defenses, and Hati snorted.

"Your stance is a mess, your ears are sticking out for anyone to grab them and you're completely disregarding your hackles - what do you think they're there for? Looking pretty? And what are you planning to do if someone goes in for the back of your neck? Flutter your eyelashes and ask them all polite not to?" A miracle she'd survived this long and it'd take a miracle for her to survive longer in a pack like this. Why did he care? He didn't really, but he was a lifelong student of war and it was ingrained in him to pass that on. Plus she could be expected to fight in a war with him someday and he really didn't want to die because she fucked up.

He moved back in front of her and quickly set his own defenses. "Look what I'm doing. Stance square, paws even with the shoulders and hips and aligned with each other. Weight spread out equally. Have to be ready to shift your weight to keep your balance. Keeping your balance is basically the most important defense you have, cuz you go down and it's all over." He demonstrated shifting his weight to his hind, then back, then distributing the weight to three of his legs as he picked up the fourth, then back. "Keep your knees soft and bent a bit. Helps with the balance and gives you the advantage of quicker movement." Again he demonstrated. "Lock your knees out straight like that and you're goin' nowhere fast."

If she followed that far he'd continue. If not there'd be no point in bothering.

OOC: don't be personally offended by Hati's manner and internal thoughts. He hates everyone. :)

speech.