ardent

IT FEELS LIKE GOODBYE

Eris

gems
size
build
player
06-22-2014, 11:06 PM

She'd awoke with a terrible feeling- a feeling she couldn't even place. It hung in her gut, like an anchor, a feeling of upcoming disaster. She had emerged from her den with a weary sigh, and left in search of Athena. Eris wasn't sure why- but she felt today would be best.... to say some things that she'd been meaning to say. She didn't want to scare the heiress, but she'd been feeling off recently. In the back of her mind, she supposed that she knew what was going on- she was dying- she was sick. She was exhausted, fatigue dripped from her every pore. Healing those cursed with the epidemic had taken its toll on her already weakening body. She had no chance to fight off whatever it was that would ultimately take her.

She intended to do some traveling, before she got to weak. She wanted to go south- to talk to Erani, and too see some of the more tropical lands, that Alacritis had to offer. She was also desperate to run into Irune, to see that her daughter was well. How had life as a rouge treated her? Letting out a howl, as she drew to a halt, she called for the heiress- and sank to her haunches with a relieved sigh. What would Athena say? Better yet, how could she say goodbye without it being... goodbye?

Speech...

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
06-24-2014, 11:55 AM

Hearing Eris's call wasn't something that Athena generally expected to hear. It wasn't unwelcomed, of course, but it was a voice she only expected to hear in this manner when there was trouble. So when she heard Eris call for her alone she was immediately put on edge. Was someone sick? Had the epidemic reappeared? She didn't know what to think as she immediately abandoned the hunt she had been on for some lunch and turned to head toward the Overseer. She moved at a light run, her paws plowing with practiced ease through the snow.

She finally spotted Eris sitting down and Athena could tell from just a look at her friend that she was obviously tired. She didn't know why and it only added to her worries. She came to a halt in front of Eris, her split-colored eyes showing her concern. "Eris? What's wrong? What's going on?"

Speech
Thought
Others

Eris

gems
size
build
player
06-27-2014, 12:13 AM

As she waited on Athena's arrival, the old healer let out a weary sigh. Her head bowed, as she stared out. She was weary. She didn't have wait long for the young wolf to arrive, and Eris smiled, if only a little sadly at the girls worried tones and words. "There are always things wrong in the world." She said lightly and with a slight smile. "Alas, I expect nothing is wrong in your empire, Athena. My call was more on a personal note." She added, her tone incredibly soft. Eris was terrified but outwardly she felt so confident, so sure... She looked over the wolf she had helped into the world- proud of how much Athena had grown, and her heart ached for the loss of her friend- Argent, oh she hadn't seen the former Queen in ages. "I'm fixing to travel south. My old bones could use a taste of warmer weather, these winters aren't as easy as they used to be. I just wanted to say..." She paused, looking away from Athena.

Speech...

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
06-28-2014, 01:42 AM

It was a relief to hear that nothing was wrong with Glaciem at the moment, but it was concerning in an entirely different way to know something was wrong with Eris herself. Athena had to perk her ears forward to catch the Overseer's soft words and as she listened she became slightly confused. There was no law that said the pack members couldn't travel as they pleased or that they had to tell the Queen when they were leaving. She liked when all of her subjects remained close to home, but it was not a requirement, especially for someone as loyal to Glaciem as Eris had been. So why was she telling her that she was traveling?

Eris looked away from her and the Queen's brows pulled together. Was Eris leaving permanently? If she was, why? "Eris... Feel free to travel as long as you need to, you deserve it after all you did during the epidemic, but why are you making it sound like you're not coming back? Is there something I can do? Is it something I've done?" Eris had been here in Glaciem for as long as she could remember. She couldn't imagine her home without Eris here. It was like imagining Glaciem without her father.

Speech
Thought
Others

Eris

gems
size
build
player
07-27-2014, 06:40 PM

She doesn't know how she knows that she won't be coming back to Glaciem. She won't be returning again to the large cave she has healed so many in. She just knows that this travel will be her last, as surely she knows she is ill. She smiles softly at Athena, and shakes her heads at the girls words. Speaking firmly, she says. "Athena! Listen to me. This is nothing you have done. This is nothing anyone has done! I am old, dear child, very old. I hope that my travels are well to me and that I return swiftly to your empire, as it is my duty and wish to serve Glaciem." She tries to calm the young wolf down.

She lets out a breath, and looks up at the heiress's eyes. "Before I went, I just wanted to tell you that you will make a marvelous Queen. Follow your heart, and your mind and you shall not go astray." She murmurs softly, expression kind. She just had to say these things in case anything is to happen to her. Athena needs to know that there are wolves who believe in her, it helps leaders so much.

speech here