gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-15-2014, 01:00 PM

She hadn't seen her daughter for a lesson in a while, mostly because of the pups that were deciding to sap her energy. It was becoming plainly obvious that the older she wolf was pregnant, one last litter to give life to. She was excited, incredibly so, but still there was work to be done. She felt the need to spend some time with her daughter, she hadn't conversed with the girl since she'd yelled at her over Frith and that wasn't really fair. A lesson it would be, and maybe some mother daughter time afterwards.
She would visibly waddle to her daughter's den, hopeful that Frith would not be there this time. Her thoughts would wander to the lesson she would plan, Spring had arrived and it was time to start memorizing plants, and hopefully going out to gather some. She would whine happily as she finally made it to the girl's den, her own pregnancy scent covering up Novella's for the time being. "Novella, my love?" Spring would also bring about Novella's season, she hoped the girl was not having much trouble with that and would be in the mood to learn today. "Are you ready for your plant lessons?" The older she wolf's voice was full of excitement as she would seat herself and await her daughter's arrival.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-15-2014, 04:45 PM

Earlier in the season Novella had certainly been plagued with downtrodden, somewhat moody emotions. Since having declared her love to Frith however she had been feeling a lot more upbeat, her usual self that was of course until that morning. She'd woken up simply not feeling right, she had gone to move to see if perhaps fresh air and a drink would soothe the feelings though before she had even managed to exit her den a wave of nausea had rushed over her, swiftly she had laid back down and hadn't moved since. She had of course considered calling for help though had hoped perhaps a small rest would make her feel a little better.

By the time her mother arrived the feelings had faded, she still didn't quite feel right but as she rose to her feet, slowly this time, the sick feeling didn't overtake her again and she managed to make her way outside she would wag her tail softly in greeting as she emerged though it was likely clear that she wasn't feeling her usual self. "Do you think perhaps we can start with a practical example?" She questioned. "I feel a little sick." There was surely some herb that would settle her stomach and then they could get on with the lesson, she didn't want to let her mother down again after all, especially not with the knowledge that this could be their last lesson for a little while what with her new siblings on the way.

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-15-2014, 10:01 PM

.ooc. omg that face on that table and this thread xD

Eyes would be drawn to the emerging form of her daughter, her slender figure easily making it out of the den. Her tail would wag but the mother could tell that something was amiss, she wouldn't take in a deep breath yet. Curious she would tilt her head as Novella would then verbally proclaim exactly what she looked, that really she wasn't feeling good. She would hum slightly, a curious noise as she tried to think of what she could do to help her out, though Novella hadn't been too specific about her ailment. "Is your stomach upsetting you?" She would motion for her to come closer, her rounded bely causing for trouble when she tried to move any kind of distance. "Have you eaten any grass?" If it really was stomach problems maybe such a simple answer could be the solution.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-15-2014, 10:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2014, 10:23 PM by Novella.)

To be honest grass of course was the simple answer and she knew that though she was hoping for something a little different, perhaps even swifter working that might allow her to get on with her lessons sooner. That and of course this was the first time she'd actually made it out of her den that morning. She would nod her head in response to the fact that her sickness was in regards to her stomach and await her mother's verdict. Grass. It was the first suggestion. "No. I couldn't stand up before, made me feel worse." She explained, stepping a little closer at her mother's request. A part of her was tempted to nuzzle the woman in greeting, though unsure if she was contagious wouldn't dare, not wanting to make her mother ill. The epidemic wasn't back was it? She wasn't bleeding from her eyes but perhaps this time it had hit the stomach first. At least they had the cure now.

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-16-2014, 06:01 AM

It seemed she had assumed correctly in that Novella's stomach was upsetting her, at first she thought it was likely because of over-eating or consuming something not quite as fresh as it could have been. How wrong she would find out she was. "No. I couldn't stand up before, made me feel worse." She seemed rather miserable, and with the symptoms list being so short Novel was still unsure exactly what it was she caught. Though sure that she wasn't contagious she would not hesitate to touch the girl. She would nose at her abdomen, feeling the hardness it was taking on. There would be a sinking feeling inside of her as she tried to deny her first thought. She had no doubts that Novella would banish the thoughts from her mind, but still as she took in her daughter's scent worry would appear on her features. "Novella. Please tell me that there's no way you could be pregnant." Chocolatey gaze would again find her daughter's eyes, there was no wiggle room here. Novel would scrutinize the girl's gaze, as she tried to hope that exactly what she though had happened hadn't happened.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-16-2014, 06:14 AM

Novella would stand still as her mother began to examine her, the good patient despite her previous fears that she might be contagious. Novel knew best though and if she didn't think any contact would matter then she would stand still and await the verdict. Though the little nudge to her abdomen wasn't really uncomfortable, it took her by slight surprise though she'd try her best to stand still. Why on earth her mother would nose the part she'd said had been bothering her though Novella had no idea, what if she suddenly needed to throw up, she'd nearly done so earlier after all.

There was no shock however that hit her like her mother's next statement. It wasn't exactly a question, suggesting that Novel knew the answer even if the younger Destruction wasn't yet aware of the fact. Honestly she hadn't even thought about the possibility of having pups, now or even further down the line. She'd only just added Frith to her family the idea of there being children as well was a rather strange thought.

Her mother's eyes would look straight into her own, Novella would take in a deep breath, not certain as to how to respond at all. "You think I'm pregnant?" The question came out somewhat hesitantly, still stunned by the news whether it was true or not, the perhaps the fact she was asking it at all and not completely denying everything would be enough of an answer for Novel to have her suspicions confirmed.

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-16-2014, 07:34 AM

The touch she'd given to the girl was not meant to upset her stomach more, Novel had been curious if there was something her intestines could tell her. However, with the feeling of her hardening stomach Novel could't gather much from her stomach. She would worry now though, either her daughter was carrying new life or she had a very serious blockage. Either option sounded like more than her pregnant state could handle at that moment.
Novella seemed unsure, obviously shocked by her mother's words. Still, there was something there that Novel couldn't ignore. A knowing widening of the girl's eyes, and the way she would slightly avert her gaze. Words wouldn't help the situation either, there was no denial. No shocked statement of innocence. "You think I'm pregnant?" Her heart would fall, what would Dutiron think? Was the father Frith, the boy they'd found sleeping in her den not so long ago? "You slept with him." Her voice was oddly calm, but very much knowing. It wasn't voiced as a question because she knew, though how and when were a very different story. She hadn't caught that kind of scent anywhere, and she knew her daughter had been kept within the confines of Ludicael.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-16-2014, 07:46 AM

Novel wouldn't confirm her suspicions, leaving her daughter still wondering whether it could be true. Shock was of course still the primary emotion running through her mind, and Novella still couldn't quite fathom whether or not she was happy about it, if it was indeed true. It was unplanned, a topic neither of them had even gotten the chance to speak of. The thought of being a sister, an aunt always excited her but the thought of her own children was a little terrifying if she was honest.

Instead however Novel would make a rather blunt statement, her voice rather surprisingly calm and it made the older woman rather difficult to read. That scared her as well, what was her mother thinking, she hoped Frith wouldn't be in trouble, it was just as equally her fault after all and whilst a pregnancy would be an accident a relationship would not. She opted to point that fact out, not knowing if it would help or not but daring to take a chance. It certainly wasn't the way she'd planned on telling her mother of her relationship with Frith, though there was no avoiding the matter now. "I love him. And he loves me."

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-16-2014, 08:05 AM

She would really wonder what Novella was thinking, now and when she had let the boy into her life. It certainly seemed like pregnancy had not been the end goal of their coupling, still she wouldn't let Novella deny what had happened, because now it was becoming ever more plainly obvious that it had. And under her roof! Of course she would want to blame Frith for defiling her daughter, but something told her that this was no one man show. Novella's words would back that suspicion up rather well, "I love him. And he loves me." Her expression would harden a bit as she took in a deep breath, getting angry now would not help the situation in the least. Still, they had been so secretive, it was obvious Novella knew what she'd done had been wrong. She'd only known the boy for half of a season! Well, you are old enough to make your own decisions. You are the one that will live with the consequences." She had no doubt that Novella wouldn't want the pregnancy terminated, though were she to suggest it Novel would shoot her down. She created these babies, she was going to raise them if she liked it or not. "You can be certain that I wont be the one to tell your father." Obviously the doubt of there being children in her womb was gone completely. "And I don't like that you didn't tell me. Do I get to congratulate you first?" Had she told anyone else of their new relationship? Though she was still disappointed in the girl, all she really wanted was her daughter's happiness. As the words had left her lips Novel would come closer, wanting to embrace her daughter, and blossoming mother.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-16-2014, 08:41 AM

Novella was trying to avoid looking at her mother, though still would notice as the gaze hardened slightly. Worry would wash over the young Destruction now, her mother wasn't happy and she could only wonder what trouble would come next. She braced herself for another telling off like the one she had received when Novel had first met Frith though to her surprise the voice that followed remained rather level, there was no shouting instead an acknowledgement that she wasn't a child. Honestly she felt like one in that moment, and of course had done as well the last time her mother had actually told her off. Still she would sit quietly though, certain that Novel hadn't finished yet.

Sure enough more words would follow and with each part it seemed more and more obvious that her mother thought she was pregnant. She was going to have children. It was still daunting though her thoughts would lie in line with her mothers, terminating the pregnancy was something that hadn't occurred to her though she likely would have been rather disapproving of the idea if it was suggested. It was fair, though she certainly wished there was another way around it, as with her own mixed emotions she wasn't sure she quite liked the idea of telling her father. At least she would have a little time to prepare before hand, not be put on the spot like she was now though she still had no idea how Dutiron would react to the news and that thought did worry her.

Ears and eyes would lower again as Novel mentioned her dislike of not having found out before. Honestly she had planned on telling them, she certainly hadn't wanted to keep the relationship a secret though the thought of her parents reactions had worried her. Karma had made sure to pay her back for that doubt though it seemed, giving her an even bigger thing to worry about telling them, and Frith, how would he react to the news?

Those final words however, the question on congratulations and the step forward to embrace her would comfort her slightly. "Yes. And I did want to tell you and dad first." Novella responded and it had been the truth, though of course there had been the temptation to speak to Satu about it first. She certainly wouldn't tell her mother that though. "I was just a little scared to say anything though, after the way you both reacted before. I know you only saw him as a stranger then but I guess I was just a bit worried that I might get him into more trouble." She explained, it sounded pretty stupid now given her new situation. "I suppose I did a great job of avoiding that risk though." She would add, words laced with sarcasm.

A small sigh would sound and she would withdraw from her mother's embrace now, mismatched eyes seeking her chocolate ones for the first time. "I'm scared." She whispered. "I don't know what to do." She felt a little foolish confirming this fact, especially after her mother had pointed out she had to deal with the consequences. She would do so of course, and was sure she would have her family to support her once they'd all gotten over the shock but she still needed it confirmed now, her mother's word that she would have help, that things one way or another would be ok. Never had she had such responsibility before and although they were barely growing, she was already a little worried that she was going to let these children down.

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-16-2014, 02:57 PM

Novell would accept the embrace after looking quite sorry for herself, it was rather big news. Were it in a different light she would probably have thought about shouting it to the world, but that would be Novella's job. Even Novel would wonder what exactly Dutiron was going to say about them. The girl would respond, wanting to have told her and Dutiron but feeling like she would get scolded yet again. "I was just a little scared...worried that I might get him into more trouble." She would finish, obviously very much in tune with how she had messed up. Were the atmosphere a bit more light hearted she would have chuckled at her sarcasm. There was only a tiny bit of disappointment that would radiate anymore as excitement would take over. These would be the first grandchildren she would get to see born.
Novella was obviously unsure though, she could almost see her lip quiver as a sigh would be released as well as the embrace. Her daughter would meet her gaze, and she could see in to the depths of uncertainty that would radiate there. "I'm scared. I don't know what to do." Her deep gaze would now soften, knowing how much her daughter needed her mother to be supportive. "Novella, you don't need to be scared of anything but telling your father." Now she would find the heart to emit a small laugh, You'll have me, Symphony, and your nieces and nephews all here to help you through this. Not to mention the rest of your family." She would nuzzle her again, "Not to mention, Frith. If he doesn't stay and help care for you, you can bet your first born that I will hunt him down myself." That was a promise.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-16-2014, 06:15 PM

To be honest still so stunned she certainly didn't feel like shouting the news to the world. Once more it wasn't exactly a feeling of shame, but worries and of course the fact she needed to speak with Frith and her father would of course prevent her from doing any shouting just yet. Still though if her mother wished to go spreading the news later, that would be fine, providing of course her worries would eventually subside. Right now she still wanted it to be kept as much of a secret as it could be, at least until her own mind felt somewhat stable and a little more at ease with this unexpected situation.

Whilst her mother's comment may have been made in a more light-hearted manner it didn't really help Novella calm at all. She was already worried enough about telling her father and jokes certainly weren't going to help her find the courage to tell him he was going to be a grandfather again. It seemed so simple putting it like that, perhaps it would be the phrasing she would use but right now thinking about the entire image still troubled her.

There was that confirmation she had sought though, that Novel would be there to help her and the various other members of the family. Still she couldn't quite rid that feeling of being a lost child herself though, so confused and reliant already upon her family and the pregnancy had only just begun. She tried to take comfort in her mother's words that she needn't be scared though still the worries wouldn't shift just yet. Frith though, she wouldn't worry about him. She had no real reason to be so sure that he would stay having no idea how he felt about being a parent himself though she knew how he felt about her and certainly hoped it would be enough to make him stay regardless of how he may have felt about children. Their children.

Other than surprised she still didn't know how to feel about it, perhaps things would be different once the realisation had settled in and once she had spoken to Frith though she certainly didn't see the worry going away regardless of what her mother told her now. Her mother of course made a strong point though, one she'd realised herself and so no argument would sound in fact no words would even find themselves coming to mind. She would remain silent, perhaps a part of her hoping there was some other gem of wisdom that she hadn't thought of or known about that Novel could share with her now.

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-16-2014, 07:39 PM

Obviously still very much stunned Novella would not do much of anything or say a single word. Novel would wonder if she was going to be alright, finding out she was going to have her own litter that was very much not planned. She didn't even think that Novella had even thought about having her own children, Frith had come out of nowhere so quick. Had she not been through a few births before she might have let Novella's worry influence her. She knew how strong her daughter was, she would be able to get through this. She would be a good mom. "Novella, you can do this." She would offer another nuzzle, she wanted to boost the girl's confidence level. She would need it. "You'll be a wonderful mother." All of her daughters were.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-17-2014, 05:37 AM

More comforting nuzzles came her way with yet more words of confidence. How on earth could Novel know this though? Novella doubted herself enough with her fighting and healing skills even after lessons, you couldn't exactly practice being a mother you just suddenly were one day it seemed. She wouldn't confess these doubts to her own mother though, although she still wore the thought clearly on her expression, she still wouldn't find joy yet in the news all of the worries hitting her first.

From her point of view she had a lot to live up to as a mother. Whilst Novel may have made mistakes with her first litter, it was often easy to forget being part of the somewhat spoilt second. They'd been treated equally and never felt pressure in their lives. Today though, Novella was already feeling the pressure of being a mother and she knew there would now likely be a lifetime of it ahead of her now. How on earth did her own mother and her sisters make it look so easy? "I hope so." She would sigh simply, nuzzling back into her mother's comforting touches.

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-17-2014, 10:34 AM

She would really hope that Novella would be able to get over the nervousness and really see how much potential she had. She had many great teachers to learn from, and with so many healers in Ludicael there was really no worries about the birth. Novella had a good head on her shoulders, and Frith seemed respectable enough ignoring his two biggest transgressions with Novella. She would hold no doubts that the two of them could pull off parenting rather well, it was just convincing Novella of that fact. Still it was odd, she'd never expected Novella to become a parents so quickly it was all so exciting.
Maybe it was a mistake to have not expected greatness from Novella and her siblings, still Novel would not doubt that they were every bit capable of whatever they put their minds to. Novella was a quick learner, she'd been taking up healing rather well. Raising her children would not be as difficult as she thought. "I hope so." she would nuzzle back with her words, "What are you most afraid of my love? I've been through it a few times, I can help explain anything that's clouding your mind." It looked like the healing lesson would be turning into a motherhood lesson.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-17-2014, 02:43 PM

Novella hadn't planned on expressing all of her doubts in herself right now, they were bound to come out sooner or later of course though she had assumed she could at least pretend she had heard her mother's words and taken comfort in them, they should have comforted her a little after all. It seemed however that she wouldn't be able to pull it off, Novel could tell that there was something bothering her still and she would prompt for specifics, wishing to know what exactly was ailing her.

A small sigh would leave her lips to begin with. Where to start? Everything was rather daunting at the moment, she didn't have a clue how to do anything as a mother. "What if I'm not good?" She would finally explain perhaps the biggest worry she had. "I know you said you'd help me but what if I still can't do anything right?

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-17-2014, 04:45 PM

Novella was very much worried, and her mother could tell, it felt a lot like that first time she'd learned she was pregnant. "What if I'm not good?" Such a broad statement. Novella was 'good' Novel knew, she'd seen the heart the girl had, how well she cared for her young nieces and nephews. How much she loved her family. That was all she needed. Instincts would take over when she needed them the most, she would do fine. "Just take it a day at a time. don't rush ahead and start thinking about their birth day, just concentrate on the end of today." She'd nuzzle her some more, "Wolves have been having babies for countless generations, you'll be okay. Just trust your instincts."

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-17-2014, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 04:59 PM by Novella.)

Just as before, Novel would still have what Novella felt was too much faith in her abilities. This was surely completely different from learning to fight or heal, trying to learn whilst Symphony had worked on Jupiter had been impossible as had it hadn't benefited her really trying to listen as the epidemic went on. Learning how to be a mother whilst actually be one terrified her even more than either of those instances, she hadn't been the main one that those wolves had been relying on but these children now growing inside of her would be, they already were.

Her mother certainly had some logic though, to simply think about the now rather than look too far ahead. The now involved telling Frith and then her father, the latter especially not a task she felt would be particularly easy either. Once more though she wouldn't argue with Novel and would simply take a deep breathe, try to rid herself of those thoughts as her mother had instructed.

"Are we still going to have that lesson?" She questioned, after such big news it was hardly the time to start staring at plants really but perhaps the distraction would do her some good for a while. Frith would likely be busy hunting and so she couldn't really tell him now and disrupt his duties, not when she had now possibly got him into even more trouble, at least with her father too depending on how the man reacted. Perhaps she would ask for Novel to at least be present when they told Dutiron, but for now she would focus on the possibility of a lesson. "I'm feeling a bit better now." Physically she may have been anyway, though mentally it'd probably be some time before she felt better about the news.

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-17-2014, 05:28 PM

It seemed novella would try and take the advice she'd been given, she would visibly take a breath, letting out all of the anxiety that had just been created. She'd make mention of the lesson Novel had almost forgotten about, and the older woman's maw would turn up into a smile. Maybe keeping her mind off the future would be the best medicine for their morning. "If you're truly feeling up to it we shall continue the lesson." She'd smile, letting herself rise to all fours slowly, her rounded stomach inhibiting her again. "Where did we leave off?"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-18-2014, 05:14 AM

Novella would give a nod of her head in response to feeling up to it. She wasn't feeling as sick any more that was for sure though she certainly wasn't feeling too strong in general no matter what her mother had said. She figured though there would be a lot of moments in the future where she would simply have to face the consequences from now on, life didn't stop just because you felt worried. She wouldn't state those feelings however, no more worries would be spoke of she needed this distraction for a while. "We'd been looking at the plants used to help wounds heal." Novella recalled easily. She was starting to hide all her fears a little better now with another topic in mind, she just hoped she wouldn't seem quite so scared about the news when it came to telling Frith later.