Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-18-2014, 07:02 AM

Novella had been able to come to terms with the surprising news a little more now. She still wasn't feeling all that excited by it, perhaps now more worried about telling the father and grandfather to be what with her mother having helped her banish her own fears about becoming a mother for the time being. One day at a time. She had already repeated that numerous times in her head and wondered how many more she would need to say it over the course of the next week, month and year.

She would find herself at the Hot Springs, hoping that she would find him there, having realised his routine after he had finished hunting. This all of course depended on whether he had finished his duties for the day and if she had been swift enough to catch him here before he retired to his own den or began the search for her. Sure enough however she would find him relaxing within one of the pools. She would take a deep breath before making her way over to join him.

She would nuzzle him in greeting as she stood at the edge of the pool, attempting not to give off any sign of worries or stress. "Mind if I join you?" She would question, a small smile finding its way upon her face. For now she was certain she knew the answer, and prayed that she was right in thinking it'd still be the same in a few minutes when she plucked up the courage to share their news with him.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-18-2014, 09:02 AM

They were nearing the end of the punishments, he could feel it, freedom was just right around the corner. Though he would still happily take on duties that would need to be done for the pack he was sure they would not be as extensive as this. He would finish for the day, taking his leave to the hot springs as he did most every day. He hoped Novella would be done with her lessons soon, he felt the need to be by her side more than usual today. It had been another hard to concentrate hunting session, but he was finally finished and relaxation would be first on his mind. He didn't want to bother Novella with his protesting aching muscles.
He would sigh deeply as his body was submerged into the warm water, all of the stress of the hunt melting away as relaxation took over. He wasn't there long when the soft sound of paw steps alerted him to her presence. Fire and ice gaze would open to take in the sight of Novella, she would move easily to him offering a loving nuzzle that he would return. "Mind if I join you?" His smile would grow wider, "Of course, my love. I could never deny you." He'd scoot over a bit so she had plenty of room to make herself comfortable in the warmth of the water.

"Speech"

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-18-2014, 10:36 AM

Frith's happy nature would find a way to make her own smile naturally grow wider as he greeted her in return and welcomed her into the pool. She was careful as she climbed in, despite all the space, suddenly worried again about the life now growing within her womb, maybe her next lesson with her mother would have to be a list of things she could and couldn't do whilst pregnant. This she thought was fine though she certainly didn't want to slip. She would try to keep a happy outer image though as she settled herself in the water beside her mate.

How to get to the topic, perhaps if she had simply allowed herself to look worried she would have prompted him to question her about it, though Novella didn't quite feel it the way. No, she needed to seem somewhat at ease about all of this, just in case he panicked even more than she had. "So, how was your day?" She would start casually, he would likely ask the same of her afterwards and then she decided would be the opportune moment, providing of course that she had the courage to do so. So far so good though she felt.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-18-2014, 10:48 AM

He would watch as she carefully lowered herself into the water, should she have asked for assistance he would have given it, but she seemed capable of lowering herself in with out any harm. She seemed to be enjoying the day well enough, the smile on her face would tell him at least. There was something off though, and he couldn't place it so would just ignore the errant feeling as he nuzzled her features softly. "So, how was your day?" She'd start simply, and he'd smile, "It's much better now that I've got you beside me." He'd kiss her lightly, "What've you been up to? Did you have a lesson with Novel?" He'd start practicing the ritual of grooming her delicate ears.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-18-2014, 10:53 AM

He wouldn't speak much of his own day though there had certainly been days that she had reacted in the same manner, simply glad to have Frith there at the end of it all. Now to be honest she was of course glad to see him, enjoy those tender licks and nuzzles as he set about grooming her though there was of course something else weighing upon her shoulders and as the boy questioned her about her own day there would be her cue to explain all.

"I did." She began simply, voice already giving away that there was something else she had to say. She was now suddenly finding that she wasn't sure quite how to get the words out she would take another deep breath, attempting to relax herself though it didn't do too much good this time. "I learnt something rather interesting today." She wasn't really sure what word to use for explaining it all, but interesting would do for now, you could hardly call it dull after all. "I'm pregnant, Frith." Eyes would search for his features after saying the words, watching his expression to see what reaction he would have.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-18-2014, 11:13 AM

He loved being so close to her, he loved how she allowed him those intimate touches, grateful that she had accepted him as her own. He was unabashed in the physical touch, letting his side come to rest against her, loving that she'd come to meet him here in the springs. "I did." She would start simply, subtly suggesting that she had more to tell him, he would continue with his soft kisses, ready to hear what she'd been up to on this day. Though as she took in a deep breath he couldn't help but think she was really gearing up for some big news. Had she finally told her parents about them? "I learnt something rather interesting today." He'd kiss her again, pulling back just a little to seek her gaze excited that she'd share some information with him, "Oh?" He'd say simply, encouraging her on. "I'm pregnant, Frith."
And then his heart stopped beating. Fire and ice gaze would widen as he took in her features, wondering only for a moment if this was not just a trick. He would find no evidence of deceit, and would slowly close his parted lips. The thought of this kind of consequence had not entered his mind in the least. How was she taking it? Did her parents know already? Did she hate him for putting her in this state? "Novella, I never imagined.. I.." He'd shake his head only slightly, no more words would come out as he moved to embrace his mate. He wanted to feel her against him, the mother of his children. "You'll be such an amazing mother." He'd whisper in her ears as he nuzzled his features into her wetted fur.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-18-2014, 11:41 AM

To be honest they probably shouldn't have been quite so open about their affections just yet, currently only her mother knew of their relationship and she really ought to tell her father before he found out through rumours spreading around the pack. Now however she longed for that comfort from her mate, not that she ever thought there would be a time she wished to turn down his affections anyway.

He would be shocked for a moment, silent as his expression simply showed his surprise at the news. After a few seemingly long moments he would begin to speak, the words didn't completely convey his feelings however and nervously she would await further explanation, further emotions across his face so she could actually know what he was feeling about the news, the anticipation had her stomach twisting in knots, worried as to what might be running through his head after all of her own fears that had bothered her since that morning.

He would nuzzle her however, and instead commend her on how well she would do as a mother. A part of her certainly wished people would stop attempting to preduct the future, her mother had said similar words and now Frith would too. "I hope so." She would voice quietly, leaning into his touch and nuzzling him back. At least she had told him now, and it seemed that he wasn't as daunted by the news as she was. He too could well be the rock she'd need to keep her sane throughout all of this, and thankfully as she had hoped wouldn't need dragging back to Ludicael by her mother.

"My mother knows about us now." She would continue, there was still a little more to say after all. "She was the one to realise I was pregnant actually. She seemed a little hurt at first, but she is ok with it all." There was still her father left to tell though right now she still wasn't sure how he would react and knew not if she wanted Frith present or not at the time, just in case Dutiron reacted badly.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-18-2014, 12:43 PM

She would push into his touch, seeming rather calm she she nuzzled back, expressing hope for the future. The thought of abandoning her or leave would never cross his mind, he didn't think there was anyone else in the world he wanted more than Novella, and if they were going to be parents so early in their relationship he had no problem with that. They might not have been planning, but he knew that he wanted them, wanted to share parenting with Novella. She would go on, telling him about the knowledge her mother now possessed. His eyes would grow wide again, not even beginning to imagine the conversation that had happened. "I'm sorry I wasn't there when you found out." He could already feel a bit of the nervousness, he knew that Novella would be amazing, but how would he do when faced with raising children?

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-18-2014, 01:04 PM

To be honest Novella was a little glad that Frith hadn't been present at the moment of discovery. She hadn't exactly taken the news all too well to begin with after all, doubting herself so much and confessing her fears to her mother. If Frith could sense her nervousness now, it was nothing compared to her earlier worries during her conversation with her mother. He would be there regardless it seemed, her rock throughout this, he would eventually have to deal with those worries at some point but she was glad to keep them from him for a while at least. There was plenty of time still before the children were here after all.

"It's ok." She responded, her words honest as she spoke. "You know now and you can be there for everything else." In fact now she thought about it that way, the sooner she told her father the sooner they would be able to move into the same den, spend more time with each other and look forwards to the start of their family, overcoming any future little bumps together. For now though she was content to relax with her mate, and actually begin to enjoy the revelation that they were starting a family together.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-18-2014, 03:10 PM

He wasn't afraid to offer his undying support to her and the children starting to develop in her womb. He supposed with Novel knowing that would give them one less wolf to tell, but she wasn't the difficult parent. She said nothing about Dutiron knowing, and as he realized this he also would accept the loss of his slowly growing favor with the man. Frith had gotten his daughter pregnant, he didn't expect any sort of favor to be bestowed upon him now. Novella would respond to his apology, "It's ok." He'd nuzzle her lovingly, taking the moment to enjoy her closeness. "You know now and you can be there for everything else." He would nod at her nest words, he would certainly be there through everything she went through. Frith wasn't about to leave her side for any reason, his nervousness in telling Dutiron was still there though. Her thoughts were very much correct though, the sooner they told her father and consequently the rest of the pack, the sooner they would be able to share their dens. "I wont leave your side." He'd whisper to her, letting her take the lead if she wished to continue the list of wolves that needed informed.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-18-2014, 03:41 PM

There certainly was a rather long list of wolves that would need to be told, her parents she supposed were certainly the main ones that she had to tell though there were siblings, nieces and nephews and cousins that would want to know as well she wouldn't list them now though, they would all find out in time, there wasn't much need to go out of her way to run around and telling them all. Everyone else could wait till she was a little more at ease with the news of it all herself. Though she certainly felt a little better knowing that Frith now knew and wasn't suddenly running for the hills, he was still at her side and as far as she knew for now always would be. She would lean against him once more now, content to take a while to relax with him, a moment of peace before she dared to see how her father would react to the news.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-18-2014, 04:24 PM

It seemed she was not yet fond of the idea of moving, and to tell the truth he wasn't either. Satisfied in enjoying some quiet moments alone with her for maybe one of the last times. He wasn't sure how Dutiron would act, and if there would be more punishments he wanted to keep the secret for a bit longer. Novella would lean against him, and he would let himself become calm once more. Wanting Novella to feel peaceful before conquering the task that would lay before them. He'd intake a rather large breath, nuzzling against her fur softly, banishing any thoughts of the future and enjoying their present state.

"Speech"