ardent

Keep my glass full until morning light

Libra

gems
size
build
player
09-23-2014, 12:07 AM

The skys were gloomy and the ground was fully saturated with rain, even flooded in some places, but the brightly hued fea was finally beginning to see some breaks in the clouds and the rain had eased up tremendously. Because of that she decided to venture a little further from home to see just how much damage this endless storm had done to the surrounding areas. Her mish-matched paws carried her slowly though the carnage, stepping over fallen limbs and fruit, winding her way around the deeper puddles.

She paused at one of the puddles and peered down into it, her vivid yellow and red gaze looking back up at her. A leaf drifted across the surface of the puddle, breifly cutting her appearance in half until the water settled smooth once more. Her fur seemed to glow even in the dim sunlight and she sighed softly. She had been here several seasons now and still she yearned for her family, her homeland, to not stick out like a sore thumb. She hit the water with her forepaw before turning and walking further into the trees.

Speech
Thought
Others

Devin

Loner
Para

gems
size
Large
build
player
09-23-2014, 01:11 AM

The storm had destroyed most of the herbs everywhere, he had only been lucky it never really hit Bevroren. Yet the clouds still stuck to the sky like a pup not wanting to leave its mother. It made him cringe slightly, lack of herbs meant lack of being able to have them for the injured in his pack. Devin wasn't the kind of man to leave his own behind, even with how distant he seemed. Yet, it was out of personal experience that the huge brute came off from this. His white tipped tail flicking as he clamped his jaws down on the branch with small mint leaves stuck on the end of them from being blown in the storm. They were still good for use, but too far up the tree for him to reach. Standing on the lower branch, he easy snapped the one above for the leaves. Without a care, jumping down he landed smack dad in front of the white female, he hadn't been paying attention to anything really.
Devin would stop, his purple eyes staring at her for maybe a full on minute. He only wondered mildly about her before turning his body towards more of the tree's to see if he would get lucky anywhere else. He wasn't one for social interactions much, he hated the thought of emotional pain. Dealing too much with it in the past, he rarely got attached to anyone, neither did he attempt to. It was up to the other wolf most days to prove to him that they were worth his loyalty. Because he lacked the control of wanting to be hurt again like he had.

Libra

gems
size
build
player
09-23-2014, 01:32 AM

She hadn't been paying a whole lot of attention to where she was going so when a large earth-toned brute seemingly fell out of the sky in front of her it startled her even more than it might have normally. She took a sharp step back away from from him, her ears flicking back and her body immediately falling into a familiar defensive stance out of reflex. She prepared for him to attack, speak, anything, but no. He stared at her for a minute, her split-tone gaze meeting his purple one, and then looked away like nothing had happened. She blinked from confusion and irritation, slowly pulling herself up to stand normally once again while she stared at him with a raised brow.

"Um... hello?" she said with some irritation, coming around so that she was facing him again, trying to figure out what his problem was. "You fall out of a tree and almost land on me and you don't even apologize?" Her golden ears folded back against her head and she glared at him, her gaze demanding that he acknowledge her.

Speech
Thought
Others

Devin

Loner
Para

gems
size
Large
build
player
09-23-2014, 01:44 AM

The male would stop as she went into his path, almost expecting her to try and tear his ear off but of course he would have stopped her. Still holding the branch in his jaws, his ears would take note of what she said. Before placing it down gently, he closed his purple eyes and dipped his head. "I'm sorry, for almost jumping on you." he stated. It wasn't like he cared, after all he had no reason to. The heart was a fragile thing after all, his tail flicked as his forever tired gaze returned to her. She didn't have anything wrong with her, so really there was no reason to speak with her. But he sighed anyways, she was here in his path. "Are you hurt anywhere?" his voice would stay neutral.
His face turned towards the mint leaves, well if she was hurt, the only thing he had were those. All it would do really was ease a sore throat, or at least give some sense of pleasure. He knew a few wolves who liked to nibble on the leaves just for fun. His purple gaze blinked for a moment, and he looked back to Libra.

Libra

gems
size
build
player
09-23-2014, 02:05 AM

Her expression shifted from one of irritation to confusion as she watched him set the branch down and dipping his head, giving a not entirely sincere apology. His question was what really confused her though. "No, I'm not hurt," she replied after a beat. She glanced down at the branch he had apparently climbed into the tree to get and noticed the mint leaves on it. Her eyes went back up to him, taking in his large form. He certainly didn't look like a healer and even if he was why would he go to such lengths to get mint leaves?

"I'm Libra," she said simply, feeling the need to introduce herself and cross those general pleasantries off the list. "Why all the fuss over some mint leaves?" she asked, not really concerned that there was little to no sensitivity in her question. For all she knew this was the only mint he could find for miles and one of his family members had a sore throat or something. That wasn't really her concern at this point, however.

Speech
Thought
Others

Devin

Loner
Para

gems
size
Large
build
player
09-23-2014, 02:21 AM

His mind could rest at ease that she wasn't hurt. There would be no ear tearing today, or at least he hoped not. He'd rather return to his queen healthy since he was the only healer available. The woman took it upon herself to introduce herself. Devin was beginning to think that it wouldn't be too bad to start up a conversation with her. It'd be a little difficult for him though, it always was. Yet the healer was not concerned with what she thought of him. His body had a bad habit of tensing up if someone he liked talked back to him. Devin was just lucky Libra was not one of those. Otherwise he'd have himself ankle deep in dark memories he wanted to burn at the stake.
"Devin Anarchy, Lead healer of Bevroren." he introduced himself, flicking his tail. Ears pulling forwards as she asked about the mint leaves. "I didn't think a strange female would be interested in the antics of a stranger." he would say for a moment. "The hurricane destroyed most of my herb storage, and mint leaves used to grow in the northern mines but a pack took up camp there. So this was the only place I could find them. They help to calm wolves down under stress. I'm sure plenty are under stress since of the storm. It's mainly for out allies, Bevroren managed to skim by the hurricane. You can never be too careful." he explained to her. Even if she would stop listening, he would answer her question in full. She had given no reason for him to dislike her so far.

Libra

gems
size
build
player
10-07-2014, 03:35 PM

"The only way to make a stranger not a stranger is to be interested in their antics," she replied with a small smirk to his first comment before he went on to explain why he had gone after the mint leaves. His introduction had surprised her and made her remember to never judge a book by it's cover. She listened to his explanation intently, nodding with understanding when he finished. "I used to have a really close friend who was a healer. She taught me a lot about herbs. Not really on purpose, she just talked about them a lot after he lessons when we were younger. But anyway, I know about mint leaves. I didn't realize they were so hard to find around here." She brushed the thoughts of her former life away, trying not to fall back down that slippery slope again. It had taken her a long time to repress those feelings, she wasn't ready to revisit them again.

"Well, I'm glad you were able to find some anyway. I'm sure your pack mates and allies will be grateful. Even if you did almost crush someone in the process." Her tone was teasing, her irritation forgotten. It had been a mistake after all and he had been doing it for a good cause.

Speech
Thought
Others