gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Luna
10-19-2014, 04:11 PM
Overlarge ermine paws trod upon the sands. Quiet, serene the male of canis lupus descent sat back on his haunches, head tilted back to gaze up at the sky. The weather was chill, but his fur coat had thickened enough that he was comfortable with what mother nature chose to give that day in the way of temperature. The yearling did not as yet have a concrete itinerary in regard to the future now that he had reached a place some distance from those he'd reluctantly left behind to follow the uncertain path before him.

Months had passed since last he'd enjoyed the comforting warmth and words of his immediate and extended family. There were moments he wished that someone had come with him on his journey. Most of all he missed his brother, Kris. They'd had many adventures together back home before he'd decided to let their parents know that he himself wished to explore far beyond their families borders. Which had brought him to the cooler expanse of territories of Northern Alacritia.

As the moon began to peak through the clouds of oncoming dusk, he parted his jowls and from his vocals a long whimsical howl was given life. His breath a small fog rising into the air before dissipating into nothingness, yet the sound remained and echoed through the cove on which he found himself. Never before had he felt quite so lonely as he did then, despite having felt lonely from time to time during his travels far from home where many Kringles continued to thrive.

Helios I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Alamea
10-19-2014, 04:27 PM

One part of Helios longed to return to the mountain, he had been away from his children, his wife for what felt like a life time and yet another part wasn?t sure he could return home empty handed, return home a bigger failure than he already was. Still as he marched, eager to take himself away from the cold of the Northern region a call reached him, echoing across the empty expanse he currently wandered. Perhaps the gods were being kind, maybe, just maybe he had stumbled upon some luck. Adjusting his course the man wandered into an area he had more or less avoided. The coast was not an area he wanted to visit, not as the chill of fall was beginning to set upon the lands, he knew how cold the wind off the sea could be.
As russet eyes scanned the horizon a white shape caught his sight, looking almost out of place against the black spires and sand. A hesitant bark would leap from his parted maw, a signal to the young male that he had heard and was here. He moved forwards with careful steps, making it clear he posed no threat but unsure exactly what the yearling had been seeking.

"Speech"

Noel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Luna
10-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Hearing the bark of another, Noel ended his howl. He'd longed for company and for the moment it looked as though he'd gotten it. But this was a stranger, as all wolves to him. Unless they were of the place he'd come from. A beautiful place it had been with a rather large family of which his bloodline was shared. Turning his head he gazed upon the russet adult male. Behind himself his two-tones tail wagged, shifting the dark sands. Lifting himself up from his sitting position, he stood and gave a yip of a bark to the other in way of greeting. <"Hello." But more than that he was uncertain of in the direction of a conversation.

Noel did wonder what the other was doing around where he was. But found it rude to ask that of his elders. Not being an adult yet himself he had been taught that he should respect those older than himself, but still keep in mind the possibility that they might not turn out to be a potential new friend. Still, he was a curious young wolf and took steps toward the other, slowly so as not to upset.

"May I help you with anything?" Another thing he'd been taught, by his mother was that one should always try to be kind and help others whether they knew they needed it or not. And not knowing what to do himself, he thought he might find a way to become integrated with the locals.

Helios I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Alamea
10-19-2014, 06:29 PM

The yearling clearly shifted gears, turning to face him and rising from his siting position and giving a yip of a greeting. A less stern wolf might have adopted a friendly smile then, but Helios found he had little time for such formalities though his tail wagged slightly in return. The yearling moved towards him and Helios took a few steps bridging the gap further before stopping and dropping upon his haunches. The white boy before him spoke, and Helios chuckled a smile cracking his stern expression.
"Possibly, though I will not burden you with that yet." He eyed the yearling, rubies narrowing slightly as he did so. ?First, what might your name be?" He asked, then turning his gaze upon their bleak surroundings added, " And may I inquire what it is you?re doing out here so very far from reasonable society?"

"Speech"

Noel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Luna
10-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Noel was heartened that the male didn't seem to be of a devious nature. Even if he didn't return all pleasantries, the movement of a slight wag eased his worries were there even any that he were plagued by. He stilled when the other did and then heard the questions that the other wished to ask of him. Noel wasn't sure what he was doing, just wandering and learning more about the area. Of course giving his name might prove helpful, but he did not think anyone would know him or have heard of his lineage.

"My sire gave me the name Noel and my mother the name Rose. And from my sires lineage, the family name Kringle was bestowed upon me nigh on nearly two years ago in the thick of winter." He gave a slight shake of his head, bemused. "That's how my parents taught me to introduce myself. A bit archaic, right?" But the lessons had been taught to him by those he loved with all his heart and soul. But he was far from them then and perhaps need not always introduce himself in such a way.

He blinked at the other question as he tried to formulate an answer. Well, honesty was the best policy and he didn't have anything to hide. "I'm just exploring. I'm far from the lands of my birth, so I don't really know my way around these parts as yet. And since none of my siblings or cousins wished to come with me, I've found it rather lonely at times."

Helios I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Alamea
10-20-2014, 01:05 AM

The yearling spoke, a long list of names and where he had gotten them passing from the boy?s lips and Helios raises his brows listening with some amusement and a great deal of curiosity. Noel finished with a shake of his head adding his own personal thoughts on the grand introduction. Helios chuckled once more. " Helios of the Olympus family," he began simply considering for a moment stopping there before continuing on, "? family descended and gifted by the gods. Formerly the Patriarch of the Olympus pack, kingdom gifted by the gods." He smirked. "That was how I was taught to introduce myself, though I?ve since adapted. I?ll forgive your long introduction if you forgive mine."
The boy didn?t seem to have any particular destination in mind and Helios sent a silent prayer of thanks to the gods. "These lands seem to have habit of attracting wanders? " He trailed off, casting his gaze once more past the boy. "My family and I are not natives either, though I suppose my children are." He paused for a moment, his thoughts trailing to his kids before he shook his head and brought himself to the present. "I cannot imagine being alone in these strange lands."

"Speech"

Noel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Luna
10-20-2014, 11:01 AM
It was quite interesting to meet someone else and learn about them and any pack there might have existed. It was also nice to learn that families were still of import wherever one went. His ears twitched and then perked to attention. "There is naught to forgive. We at least know who each other is now and that I think is all that matters." Well they didn't exactly really know each other save for their names and lineages.

"Well it was my intention to wander for a time and then find myself a place to call my new home. Get the wanderlust out of my system first. My sire did it a year before taking over his own sires pack and driving out his horrid cousin." Phayte was not someone he wished to meet. Ever. The tales told about him were terrible, even if they might be a bit exaggerated.

"How old are your children?" He was curious, if there were any his age around he might find a friend. If they were pups, well most Kringles except for his sires one uncle and one cousin as far as they were aware were terribly different and positively despicable. Yet those were stories he preferred not to dwell upon.

"No, being alone all the time is not fun. My brother Kris wanted to come, but he stayed to help with the new babies. Their names are kind of odd compared to my litter-mates." Meep and Squee were odd to him anyway as name choices.

"Is there a place you live in these lands, Helios, sir?"

Helios I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Alamea
10-20-2014, 09:23 PM

Noel brushed off his apology and Helios shrugged shifting slightly as he felt the ache of old wounds. The russet man only nodded slightly at the yearlings words, not quite sure he could say he knew the boy and yet not particularly inclined to argue over it. He allowed for a short silence before the boy spoke again, offering up a clearer view of his plans. At this Helios nodded again, more enthusiastic this time as he understood the boy?s view; the world was a big place and when he had been younger he too had been very taken with the idea of exploration.
Then Noel asked about his children and the man had to think for a moment. How old were his children now? " My newest litter are about half a year old by now? " He paused unsure if he could even call Apollo his son anymore. The albino had not sought him or his family out, not as far as Helios was aware, and as far as he was concerned the boy was no longer his child. As much as it pained him to, he omitted the boy. " My son Hermes would have been three about now." He allowed for a small sad smile at the thought of the grey dappled boy.
The yearling gave him a positive answer to his previous question and Helios blinked in understanding. He had forced himself into isolation since he had left his wife and children upon the mountain, stopping only on occasion to chat with strangers when their paths crossed which was rarely enough. He missed Nat, he missed his children, hell he missed the teasing of his sister and even the impetuousness of his niece, he wanted nothing more than to return to them and find the whole of his family once more together. Of course that could not happen while the Viking woman held his adopted children, his niece?s own brood hostage.
"Is there a place you live in these lands, Helios, sir?" Noel?s question snapped Helios from his thoughts and the man thought for a moment. " Only temporarily. My wife and I aim to take back our kingdom soon though." He paused, tilting his head ever so slightly to his right side. "That?s actually what I?m doing out here right now, I am hoping to find those who would join us." He kept his gaze solidly past the boy as he said this, doing his best not to seem too eager.

"Speech"

Noel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Luna
10-21-2014, 02:24 PM
The yearling listened to the older male speak of his litters. Not very much was said, but half a year was still pretty young to him. His ears fell against his head as the male spoke of Hermes and the words would have been. "I'm sorry if you've suffered any loss, Helios." To lose someone had to be painful, but it was not yet something he had suffered through. Although in a way he had lost what he knew, but that was by leaving for parts unknown and his family had bid him farewell and luck on his journey. They had understood his reasons and realized he might not be the only one to leave home due to most, if not all being so closely related somehow.

Noel wasn't too keen on joining anyone. At least not for very long. He'd not been out of a pack life long enough. But he did like to help others. Guilt would consume him if he didn't somehow offer it.

"I'm afraid to say it, but at this current time I am not interested in being part of a pack. However, if I am still able, I will give aid in any other way. Perhaps I may change my mind about joining a pack, at least allow me to think upon that matter for a little while." He was not yet certain that he would join anywhere. He still had a bit of wanderlust that he needed to use up before making that decision. And while he was only a singular wolf, he would offer to be an ally to Helios, not that he was old enough or wise enough or even trained enough to be of great help, though he had learned some things back in his birthlands.