Rurik I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
10-19-2014, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2014, 04:49 PM by Rurik I.)

and i'll fight to survive

This place was most intriguing to the rather small wolf. The boulders here allowed him to climb and see a good deal of things far away from him that he normally couldn't spot due to his size which his sister Isidora teased him about. He still loved her for that but now that he thought about it where was she? no matter he would just continue with his day. For now he was on his own and taking his own objectives to heart and that was to locate and find his other brother and sister. The place seemed peaceful enough that he could take his time as to not miss a crucial detail in the environment. Whenever Rurik climbed up onto a boulder he would lower himself as to reduce his profile if anyone was looking where he was at before leaping off.

Rurik knew that he was more exposed down below than on top so he decided to climb up and rest a bit. However if anyone dared to pick a fight with him here they would have to get up to where he was at and they had very little room to try that with where he decided to sit. Rurik did begin to wonder if he would ever decide to join a pack and try and make a difference but would he be allowed to continue his own mission to find his siblings. The decisions he would have to make as he weighed the benefits and the disadvantages of being apart of a pack. For now Rurik would sit here and contemplate his options unsure what he would do this fine day.

"Speech"

through this thunderous life

Helios I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Alamea
10-19-2014, 06:23 PM

He was almost home, he could feel it tugging him back to his family and yet he had one more stop to make, a place he had heard of yet never found the time to visit. The boulders rising from the ground in a way which to him could only point to the work of the gods; The scent of another wolf was fresh upon the air as he wandered among the stones and yet he had not spotted the male he scented, not yet. Helios allowed his thoughts to wander, he had had very little luck in his self-appointed mission and a part of him wanted to stay out here till he won at least one wolf over to his cause. Still he missed his family and knew that soon he would be able to fight the magnetic pull of them no longer.
As it turned out his luck was shifting however as russet gaze settled upon a grey form, which he would have passed over as a spire upon a boulder if not for its distinct brown mark and wolf shape. ?Greetings.? He called out, trying his best to sound friendly as he trotted towards the sitting form, keeping his stance neutral.

talk, think

Rurik I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
10-19-2014, 06:38 PM

"Greetings"

He wasn't out here alone after all so perhaps his day wasn't going to be so uneventful after all. He would turn his gaze to let it settle upon the form of the strange wolf. There was a careful smile that shown upon Rurik's face before he replied back "Greetings to you as well, is there something I can help you with good sir?" Rurik asked calmly and with a serious tone. He wasn't going to take chances of being attacked if he could avoid it so for now he would have to pick his words and his tone wisely. He could pick up the faint smells of others from this stranger but then again they were just scents. However he decided it would be best to come down and be at ground level with this stranger as for himself it felt rather rude to seem like he was talking down to someone.

He spoke again "Give me a second and I'll be right down, if we're to speak more properly I'd rather be it face to face than me being up high and you down below... never know when unfriendly guests could arrive to spoil our conversation" his words come from his maw as he made his way down the boulders until he came very close to Helios and he couldn't help but let out a sigh and a slight chuckle "Darn and here I thought I was going to be taller than someone, oh well doesn't hurt to be small I guess" Rurik was hoping that his humor wouldn't annoy the stranger. For now he would keep up his still somewhat serious but calm tone.

"Speech"

Helios I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Alamea
10-20-2014, 01:16 AM

The grey man turned to regard him, a smile gracing the stranger?s face. Helios did not return it but his expression did soften. The man asked him what he may help him with and Helios shook his head, not yet. ?You may yet, but for now I simply seek some company. I have been quite alone for some time.? There was a slight scent of another wolf upon the man?s pelt but Helios did not recognize it, it certainly wasn?t a pack. That at least boded well.
Helios was just about to settle himself upon his haunches when the man spoke again and leapt from his perch. The man approached, perhaps a bit to close though Helios only leaned back slightly, ears flicking back then forwards again. He spoke again and Helios chuckled, using it as a cover to take a small step back and seat himself. ?Not by much, if my guess is at all correct.? He allowed a small smile. ?I?ve often found that sentiment to be true.? He might not have been smaller in general than his family, but Natalya sure dwarfed him, and he had no doubts sooner or later he?d find that was also true of his children.

talk, think

Rurik I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
10-20-2014, 01:38 AM

Rurik caught the stranger smiling however now was a matter of business which was to find out what he was doing out here, surely he couldn't be alone after all he did pick up on a good deal of scents from this stranger. Rurik decided to introduce himself to the stranger "I'm Rurik, Rurik Koval... and you are?" He was curious and wanted to know what he was doing out here. His smile faded from his lips before speaking again "Then lets speak, you may pick a topic of your choice to start off of and we'll go from there". He begun to smile once more and chuckle as he looked at Helios, studying the man before him. He certainly looked like someone who could easily take care of himself and Rurik decided to draw upon two possible conclusions to go from, either this stranger is from a pack or he travels a lot to have so many scents upon him.

He knew though that it was just his own thoughts and wouldn't be so hasty as to ask his questions about that. He needed some time to think and observe this wolf before making a final call on his own conclusion. Rurik would respect this wolf no matter what the topic was that he chose to speak of for a conversation starter after all it was a conversation but then again you had to choose your words carefully around a stranger. Rurik knew that physical actions were dangerous but to also wield knowledge as a weapon was even more dangerous as it can spread from one person to another. For now he would wait as he sat on his haunches, waiting to know who this stranger was.

"Speech"

Helios I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Alamea
10-22-2014, 09:58 PM

The grey man offered a name, then asked Helios his. ?Helios Olympus.? He said inclining his head ever so slightly. ?Pleasure to meet you Rurik.? The smile dropped from Rurik?s face and Helios frowned, it only deepened as Rurik spoke again. Helios? jaws opened and closed a few times as he worked through what he was going to say, silently hating what the grey man has saddled him with.
Finally he sighed and shifted. ?I?ll be blunt then, I am out here doing recruitment. My wife and I are working on taking back our kingdom and hopefully taking out the woman that tore about my family.? The man remained stone faced, looking at Rurik though he gave no indication about how he hoped the man would react.

talk, think

Rurik I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
10-22-2014, 10:09 PM

Rurik listened to the man intently and carefully "You seek to restore your kingdom then, but is it just in the name of revenge you want to see visited upon this women you speak of or is there something else... I may be willing to help you, Helios, but it all depends on how you answer... I do not wish to join if my aid will only be used for revenge but I will join if there is more of a good cause behind it, as you pointed out your family is a good cause to fight for" Rurik quieted down a bit as he awaited a answer.

He didn't mean to be so blunt but indeed he would not let his strength be used as a weapon for pure revenge but if it was to help his family and those he was with he would join them. Rurik was not meaning to be rude but he had to know what Helios would plan to do if he did join. Rurik was having to play his cards right other wise he was going to maybe lose more than just a chance to join a potential pack. Only this conversation would tell what was going to happen.

"Speech"

Helios I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Alamea
10-22-2014, 10:20 PM

?Revenge is a minor factor,? Helios conceded understanding the man?s points, ?But a factor nonetheless. More so though, we simply seek a place where we may raise our children in relative peace. A place for our family to flourish as it once did.? Helios spoke with a passion in his voice, the truth of his words he hoped coming through. ?I have lived my whole life under the impression that my family was something of a force to be reckoned with, something greater than the sum of its parts and regardless of if that is true of not the ideal instilled in me lives on.?
He fixed the man with a pointed look. ?Regardless anyone under our rule will be given the respect they deserve, blood carries little weight for me anymore, not when it can be so easily spilled. I will fight to the death to protect my family and it breaks my heart to be separated as we are now but no one will be looked down upon for not carrying my last name.?

talk, think

Rurik I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
10-22-2014, 10:54 PM

Revenge being a minor part, Rurik kept listening before speaking himself "Then I shall join, you speak words that are true and speak to me... I never grew up or thought my own family was a force to be reckoned with but nonetheless we all have our own strengths and our own weaknesses and as you said blood is just that, I believe it does hold a little bit of weight only because of relations but other than that it is those who hold their weight and earn their keep that are to be respected if they are of age of course..." He spoke but his voice trailed at the end.

Helios seemed like a honest man and Rurik believed his words. Perhaps this would be a way to become apart of something that would allow him to aid those who needed him. He would just have to be careful "But there is one condition, Helios, and that being for me to be able to every so often go out in search of my siblings, they mean the world to me for I care about them, other than that one thing that is all I ask... I do not wish to have to face them in a fight if they were to get picked up by another pack" He was quick with his words as he didn't want to take up much of the man's time now.

"Speech"