gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
01-20-2015, 05:52 PM

It thrilled her to hear that Bass and Wren had finally had children. When she left, Wren was gone, off on some trip or what not. Now, she had five pups! Five. Good grief, that was a lot of puppies. Two or three were fine...but five was too much. Her life would have ended. And...she really did wonder how Bass dealt with it all. Her silly, playful brother, turning into a father. How strange, thinking about it. And with five pups, too! She couldn't get over it! Unfortunately, since returning, she had yet to see her nieces and nephews. She's been too busy organizing the new herbs she found on her vacation. Placing them, moving them, studying their names and purposes. Being a lead healer was tough work! Within all that, she hadn't found the time to stop by Bass' den. Though, finally, she had.

With a mouth full of herbs dangling from her jaws, she crept toward the large den, blinking calmly. Then, she turned and trotted a little ways away. She wanted to see if one or two of the pups caught her wandering around. Maybe if they did, she could surprise them, tell them she was their aunt? Harmony smiled and seated herself beside a small rock, tail resting over her paws. She set her hunk of herbs down beside her and nosed around it carefully. The aroma was strong...but at this point, smells were pretty transparent.

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
02-11-2015, 03:05 PM
Starling was sprawled near the opening of their large den, bathing in the warm spring sun. He was tired from his racing around the lands, excited about the beauty of spring and the new flowers. It was not something he had ever seen in his young life, but then again, all he had seen before this was snow. It was in this warm weather that he seemed to thrive, laying among his scavenged plants. Most couldn't be used for anything but decoration, but he was sure there was something...one or two plants that could have some use. He was sure, at least. In some way. With a gentle sigh he opened his eyes, and it seemed to be at the most opportune moments. Deep blue blinked slightly as his skull lifted from his relaxed position as he watched the woman, a stranger, wander close to their den before running away again. Well, not running, but she did move away. With a tilt of his head he slowly stood, stretching slowly and yawning. This woman was a stranger, but she seemed almost familiare too. The markings along her nose and eyes mirrored his, and it had been proven to him time and time again that that meant family. Was this yet another aunt he had never known? Taking a deep breath, he caught he scent of flowers, and he grinned brightly. A woman with markings like his that liked plants? Oh, this must be fate.

With a silent laugh he leapt out of the den and padded behind her. This could easily be the most easy kidnapping if she had any malicious intent. But he was certain that she didn't. Well, no, he wasn't entirely certain. But young Starling certainly had a lot of faith in the world, and say the world through rose colored glasses. He felt a lot of nerves in his young life, and a lot of self doubt, but that battled with his determination and faith. "You have flowers" He called as he ran behind her, grinning brightly. "N..no one else...seems to like flowers." He was suddenly overcome with his anxiety, and he wondered why he had left the den to begin with. Was it just the plants? Or the thought that she was somehow related to him? Shrinking towards the grass he took a hesitant step back. "Your nose...it....it looks like mine. " He whispered then.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
02-11-2015, 03:43 PM

It wasn't too long before she heard a quiet bubble of laughter coming from behind her. She rotated her ears back and tipped her head to the side, a rather weak attempt to focus in on whoever this was. But...they sounded young and masculine. Considering this, it was most likely one of Bass' three sons. Her lips curled up into an easy smile, gently biting her tongue to hold back laughter. Though, instead of turning around and casually introducing herself, she continued to nose through her many herbs, trying to make it seem as if she didn't notice him. Until his relaxed, innocent voice rang in her ears.

You have flowers.

Harmony turned her gentle gaze toward the young boy, face beaming as he grinned up at her. He was adorable. He also looked a little like his parents...the little prince. And apparently, he liked flowers! Possibly her future student...the young dame twisted her body to align with her head, a weak grin stretching over her smile. Only until he seemed to grow almost...afraid of her? Did she look scary? Harmony laughed quietly, leaning down and nudging his shoulder gently. "Ooh, I see. Yours does look quite a bit like mine."

She hummed, grin squeezing shut into a weak smile."It may be because I'm your aunt, your brother's sister." She added, tail thumping against the grassy earth.

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
02-13-2015, 01:30 AM
He lowered his head as the brightest blue eyes looked up at this stranger woman. There really was no denying that she had to have some connection to himself, though, she seemed just too familiar. In some way, at least. And Starling didn't meet very many strangers, just wolves he never met that turned out to be Aunties. With a small swish of his tail his eyes shifted to look at the herbs she shuffled through before acknowledging him. Did she know the elusive secret? She must! Unless, she had an obsession with nature aswell, but Starling tended to collect the pretty, not everything. His question stilled on his tongue when he felt her nudge him, shuffling a bit to the side to avoid falling over or stumbling.

When she gave him the answer of why and how they were so similar he couldn't help but grin. "I knew it!" He said excitedly, his voice still wavering with his shyness but growing louder in volume as he grew comfortable around her. She was an aunt, it seemed, another sibling on his father's side. He wondered, briefly, if he'd meet many on his mother's, but more questions continued to bubble up. But he waited, remembering his manners. "My name is Starling..." He said timidly, dipping his head to her with a gentle smile. "Yours?" He asked softly, his eyes shifting again towards the pile of herbs she had collected. "Wh-what are all those for?" The question couldn't stay in any longer. He was intrigued! Maybe this woman could teach him what they all meant, what he was missing. There was a reason he was so interested, he knew they had to have their use...just like everything else! There had to be something, he just didn't know what.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
03-29-2015, 02:36 PM

"I knew it!" He exclaimed. Harmony stared at him for a second, a bit confused. But she caught on momentarily. He...probably saw a lot of his family roaming around Abaven. It must be pretty exhausting. But, at least she wasn't a completely stranger to him, right? Harmony laughed aloud and nodded, her tail thumping gently against the ground. "My name is Harmony. It's very nice to meet you, mister Starling." She giggled, her eyes drifting down to the herbs that he pointed out, asking what their purpose had been. Why...did she bring them? Maybe instinct told her to, in case one of the pups were interested?

Harmony moved them around gently, before replying quietly. "Well...I wanted to see if any of you were possibly interested in learning about them." She explained, blinking slowly. "If you want, I can tell you a little about them. You seem like you'd be a lovely young medic." She hummed, smiling and turning her gentle gaze back to him. Maybe this young boy could be a student of hers. He really did seem like he was interested in flowers and herbs!

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
03-30-2015, 08:10 PM
Starling would grin brightly up at her, tilting his head as she called him Mister. Ah, wasn't that for adults? Starling wasn't nearly old enough to hold any sort of title, other than Kid or Brother. He didn't quite understand, and his brows knitted just slightly. "Mister?" He asked gently, tilting his head up to her before a smile returned to his face. "H-harmony...is v-very pretty. You're D-dad's sister?" It didn't go passed him that his father's family was rather...musical. Rhythm and Harmony just had to be ralted. But he grinned up at her, quite alright with being possibly wrong. All he cared was that she was a realitive and she seemed rather nice. When she began explaining the plants she had brought, his blue eyes would grow all the wider. Blinking quicker he'd grin up at her, nodding his head. "Well, I'm not sure a-about the rest of them...but I like flowers." He hinted with a small, embarrased smile. He didn't much like asking for things, at all, but he did want to learn more than what color a flower was. He knew, somewhere deep inside, that they each had their use. He just...wasn't sure what it could possibly be yet. But it seemed she wouldn't have to ask! She offered, and he would nod quickly before she even finished speaking. "Oh...oh yes! Y-yes please. I-I haven't met anyone yet...th-that can teach m-me plants..." He said softly, yet still excited, as he tripped over his rapid words.