gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
02-13-2015, 02:58 PM

Soft paws carried him quietly along, his mind full with plans and yes, maybe more than a touch of idealism. But every time he outlined his chosen path, it solidified more and more into certainty. Into confidence. So when he reached the border he'd aimed for, it was with considerably less hesitation that he stopped and tipped up his muzzle to call for the alpha. He knew of this pack vaguely. Bass with his pack Abaven, who Katja had gained as an ally for Ebony early in her short rule. He was unsure where he stood with the male now that he controlled Ebony but he had waited far longer than was prudent to find out... considering Bass' pack lived practically upon Ebony's borders. Remaining upon his feet, Kass waited patiently for the other alpha's arrival.

"Talk" "You" Think

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
02-13-2015, 03:48 PM

Pride flared through his chest as he watched his son hunt, the growing boy was going to make a fine leader one day. He opened his mouth to tell Lark to bring the prey back for his mother and sisters, a howl rang out through the lands for him. His jaws snapped shut, pale ears pulling forward as his head turned. It came from the plains, from someone that he didn't know. There was an air of confidence in the call though, so he guessed it was another alpha. Golden eyes turned down towards his son, a small smile on his maw. "Wanna sit in on some politics, Lark? Its not too much fun, but you never know," he said with a wink, waiting for his answer before he started towards the caller. If the boy hoped to be in a place of leadership one day, this would be something he needed to learn. The boring part of being an alpha.

Making his way across the plains in a steady pace, Bass soon picked out the multi-hued male that had called him. Testing the air, he picked up a scent that reminded him on Ebony, although there was a slight change in it. Little did he know that there had been two leaders in power since Katja had made an alliance with him. "Saluti, greetings. You smell of Ebony, and yet I do not know your name, i apologize," he said with a soft smile, moving into a seated position. His eyes then roamed down towards his boy. "I am Bass Destruction, and this is my son," he paused, allowing Lark to introduce himself. With a soft smile he looked back up to the alpha boy, his head tilting slowly to the side. "What can I do for you?"

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
02-13-2015, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2015, 06:36 PM by Lark.)
The time he'd spent hunting with his father had been deeply rewarding. It was rare he get time alone with him, for he had four other siblings to share his father with -- and so he would cherish the time and hope that they could hunt again soon. But the call of a stranger would interrupt their training session. Before he had time to ask who it was, Bass would invite him to join, telling him it was something about politics. He'd never really know much about the relations between other packs, though he knew Abaven had to be the best; an eager, rare smile touched his lips as he nodded in silent agreement.

Not wanting his effort to go wasted, he snatched the mink he had killed and tracked -- with a good amount of help from his father, of course -- and began to carry it, trailing gladly after Bass.

Who the male who had called his father from the border, he did not know. The boy's expression was empty, albeit slightly scrutinizing as he gazed upon this man. He wasn't terribly old, but not a child either. After a moment he dropped his kill, though kept it slightly behind him, as though afraid this stranger might snatch it up. His chest puffed with pride as he eyed him. "Lark," he introduced himself quickly after his father gestured to him. He had a burning desire to ask who this stranger was, and why he was here, but he felt his father had control of the situation and he would grow silent as he waited, wondering what would unfold.

Kassander

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
02-16-2015, 11:48 AM
It didnt take very long for a strong-looking male to appear, trailed by a young male pup. Having not really been around any pups since he himself had been a baby, Kass was momentarily taken aback. "Er... greetings... I am Kassander Xanilov, alpha of Ebony. I am pleased to meet you, Bass, and.... er... Lark." His words felt oddly formal, almost pompous, despite the nervous stutter, and he cringed internally. "I was hoping to discuss the possibility of some sort of an alliance or treaty between our packs. I know we were allied under Katja but I am afraid I dont know the details or, well... anything about your pack at all."

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
02-16-2015, 09:22 PM

He watched as the boy's mood changed before him so quickly, but did not let his soft smile slip. His head tilted to the side as he went on to explain himself, and to introduce himself as Kassander. He slowly nodded his head, although he was curious about what had happened to Katja. He had no idea that she had come here and spoken to Motif while he was recovering, it had never gotten back to him. "Of course. But before we agree on anything I would like to know a bit about Ebony, and if it has changed in any drastic ways," he said calmly. Shifting a bit towards his son, he looked down and tossed Lark a smile. This was probably pretty boring for the boy, but he was glad that he was here. Golden gaze shifted back up to the colourful alpha, having admitted that he knew nothing about Abaven. Ah, his favorite part. There were no packs out there like his, and he held a bit of pride in that. "As for us, we are basically a pack of mercenaries. We have four main ranks. We have messengers who are trained to be stealthy, and are able to sneak without being detected. We then have our field medics, who are a mix of a messenger and a healer. They are used mainly in battles, they are able to protect themselves with basic fight knowledge and training, as well as being fast an unseen. They go out into battle to heal others quickly so that they are able to either assist them away from the fight, or heal them enough that they can fight again. We have healers of course, and then our guards. Our guards and our field medics are available for other packs to... lease out basically. A trade of protection for something that we need, he paused, taking a deep breath as he grinned at Kass. "Usually for some sort of training."

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
02-28-2015, 10:46 PM
The boy was quiet as he watched the stranger speak, his gaze somewhat scrutinizing. His words seemed a bit uncertain and he found his nose wrinkling in distaste at his wary manner of speech. This was a leader? He seemed so young and fragile, compared to his own father. Certainly nothing like he imagined a leader, but he knew little outside of Abaven and he would slowly recline to his haunches as he watched the meeting unfold. They spoke of an alliance, and he felt his chest expand slightly as a flare of pride gripped him at his father's own manner of speaking. He explained what their pack was all about, hinting at some sort of trade-off for an alliance, and he grew more curious as he listened to what might come from this conversation.