gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
05-14-2015, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2015, 12:21 PM by Tórnach.)

Tór was really beginning to enjoy his solitary forays into the World Outside but he'd only ever been out when the sun was up. Mamaí always brought them in before the sun went down even when they were just playing in the ravine. So what happened once the sun went away? He wanted - no, he needed - to know, and so he waited quietly until the sounds of all his family members dropped into the slow steady rhythm of slumber, and quietly crept out of the cave, out the ravine, and onto the plains.

"Thar barr..." The shocked exclamation slipped free much as it had upon his first sight of the plains, but now his voice was filled with awe and wonder as his silvery blue gaze wandered the firmament above him. It was as dark as the inside of the cave out here, the sky an inky blue-black unlike it's bright color during the day. Where had the sun gone? What were all of those tiny twinkling lights? His paws carried him in short, tentative steps further out onto the plains and away from the den. He couldn't ask his máthair and athair, or even Regulus what the lights were, or where the sun went, because then they'd know he'd snuck out at night. But Tórnach needed to know what they were, and as he followed the lights he considered where he might find out just what "night" really was.

""

This character is equally proficient in both English and Irish Gaelic

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
05-14-2015, 07:49 PM

This place was a nice place, Arian understood now. This had been the packs home, honestly the girl understood why her family member chose this place to live. She planned to create a pack here and Arian had traveled to seek a visit, however it was dark by the time she had trekked here. She trusted the pack to be fine without her, after all they needed to learn how to get along and Arian needed to learn how to handle herself she supposed. Though, her crippled body would stop, ears pulling forward when she spotted a small bundle of fur seemingly chasing the stars. The scent made her nostrils flare, Surreal's scent was all over him but she would make no assumptions just a small smile appeared on her face.

Arian stepped out in front of the moving pup, hopefully to stop him before he ran way out where it was dangerous. After all, a pup like him would be easy picking, he looked no more than two months old. "Hello there, what are you doing out at such a late hour?" she would ask in a light voice. Her head tilting to one side, as her scarred face focused on the small pup.

"Talk"
[Image: zL7Ypap.png]

Cypress being Arian's mate, can jump into her threads private or not. Arian is fluent in Japanese and English but also knows mild Irish. Avalon is also allowed to crash Arian's threads.

Tórnach

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

05-17-2015, 10:38 AM

An unfamiliar voice drew his attention from the lights and Tornach paused, lifting his floppy ears in the direction of the voice. She looked a little like Tornach's athair, her coat a somewhat similar earthen color so unlike Tornach and Zuriel and their máthair's gray-scale - almost a dirty, far less vibrant form of Regulus' bright red. She even had the same blue eyes Dadaí had. "Tráthnóna maith duit," he said politely, seating himself with a straight back and giving her his full attention as he'd been taught was polite, then switching to the common tongue that she had spoken. It didn't occur to him that there might be wolves who did not speak both languages, but he knew it was only polite to answer in whatever language the other person chose. "I am following the lights. I wanted to learn what they are. I wanted to know what 'night' is."

""

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
05-18-2015, 08:21 PM

When he spoke, she definitely knew then that he was Surreal's child. Being out here was dangerous, so she was just happy she had stopped him in time. She would place herself onto her stomach then, relaxing in front of the pup. She could understand the first thing he said easily, but thankfully he knew english as well because Arian was rusty in the other language. "Night is when the sun sets to rest, and the moon rises to be awake. You should be in bed with your family resting, the moon is a sign of rest and tranquility. Plus, the more scary creatures come out at night to hurt you." Arian would say softly to the pup.

"Those lights, are called stars. I'm not even sure what they are but they aren't something you can catch. They just sit in the sky like that. Sometimes I think they're the souls of those who have passed on so that the gods can seethem easily." Arian smiled and looked back towards him. "Your momma must be very worried about you, my name is Arian Adravendi I'm a distant relative of yours." maybe Surreal noticed by now and was looking for him anyhow. Hopefully Arian hadn't made him upset.

"Talk"

Cypress being Arian's mate, can jump into her threads private or not. Arian is fluent in Japanese and English but also knows mild Irish. Avalon is also allowed to crash Arian's threads.

Surreal

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
05-24-2015, 06:24 PM
Enter grumpy mom.

Surreal Adravendi

A very angry sounding growl from the shadows of the ravine said that Surreal had indeed woken up to find her younger son absent from her side. The silver timber mother stalked out of the shadows, mismatched eyes of gold and blue burning into the similarly colored young pups back. "Tá tú, fear óg, tá bunaithe. Má bhí tú i ndáiríre a fheiceáil na réaltaí, ba chóir duit a d'iarr mé. Ba mhaith liom gladly ag teacht amach le leat agus a léirítear agat. Ná sneak riamh amach gan insint dom arís go dtí go bhfuil tú ag yearling, Tórnach Adravendi." Came her terse words, disappointment heavy in her voice.

She sought to place her paws on either side of the boy, turning her attention to Arian. ”Good evening, my niece. What brings you here at such a late hour? Is everything alright?” Her haunches lowered, and should her son have been caught between her front paws, he would be afforded a warm spot to snuggle into. ”This is Tórnach, by the way.” She added, in case her boy hadn’t already introduced himself to his cousin.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Tórnach

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

06-03-2015, 10:15 AM

He listened intently as the stranger spoke of what 'night' was, saying that there was a moon, and that night was the time to sleep. Well yes he knew he was meant to sleep at night, his mamaí always told him to go to sleep when it was night, but he wanted to know what night was, what it was for. There had to be a reason for it, didn't there? Something had to cause it. "Why is there night, a' Bhean-uasal? What scary things come out? I want to see them." Her explanation of stars had been unsatisfactory as well - she was a grown up, how could she not know what something was? "What are souls?" he asked instead of the thousand questions he had about stars, because she had already said she didn't know what stars were.

But he had no more time for questions, for an angry sound emerged from behind him before his mother's equally angry voice spat at him, and her paws settled on either side of him. He lowered himself, ears and tail going down in contrition. Mamaí was really, really angry at him, and though for a moment he rebelliously grumbled to himself that Baine went out alone all the time and she didn't get grounded for it, he left the grumbles unvoiced and the rebelliousness subsided. Clearly there was a reason for it so there was no use being mad, though one thing did bother him. "What's grounded?" he asked in a very small voice.

""

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
06-03-2015, 11:41 PM

Arian's ears flicked a little, how to describe night to a child definitely was hard. Scary things, and what did souls mean. "Souls are what make you, you, it's inside of you. You cannot see, hear or touch a soul but it's there." she would reply softly to him. Though before she could say anything else an angry mother showed up. Surreal scolded the boy, and her blue eyes looked on. Perhaps she shouldn't have come, or at least should have left earlier in order to get here at a daytime hour. Though Arian was slightly happy she had arrived when she did in order to stop her son from scuttling off where predators could snatch him up. She only caught the jist of her words but heard from Tornach as he asked what grounded was.

"Everything is fine Surreal, I misjudged myself leaving home to come for a visit. I hope I'm not imposing." her eyes moved to the dark boy. "He's adorable, but very adventurous. Asking me all sorts of questions about what night is and the stars. It's nice to meet you Tornach I'm Arian Adravendi." she said. Looking back towards Surreal, she hoped she hadn't been encouraging the child. After all, stalling was the best she could do. When he was not hers, she didn't have the right to scold him.

"Talk"