ardent

Everything Will Change

Allen

gems
size
build
player
06-22-2015, 11:12 AM

Concern. That was what rose in Allen's chest as he moved himself from the den. Starling had seen to him, thank the gods, but now he needed to seek out Bass. Still the man seemed... absent. Ill perhaps? Allen felt worried. His friend couldn't be doing too well... things in Abaven had been far too quiet. The man felt as though everything was off since his encounter with Arbitro. His son had left him reeling. His remaining child did not want him dead... but a reminder of the pain he had caused had needed to be given. It left him feeling confused... and hurt. His mind too was on Nona... how she was doing. Mainly asleep within the den most of the time.. his worry for her grew as well.

A deep breath was taken by Allen as he came to a stop outside of Bass' den. He prayed that the other man was inside. They needed to talk. Desperately needed to talk. Things... things had to change. Something had to be done. But was Bass even well? What would happen to Abaven? So many questions stirred as Allen spoke out, calling the other man's name. "Bass?"

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Table by:: Tealah

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
06-26-2015, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2015, 10:50 PM by Bass.)

The soft voice called out to him as he slept curled up in the center of his den, and sleepily he opened his eyes and blinked up at the entrance. Stretching out his limbs he pulled himself up, shaking his head back and forth as he rose to the ground too quickly. Gah. He had been feeling slightly under the weather, this winter had been hard on the man. As his head poked out of the den he shivered at the blast of cold air, eying Allen who stood before him. Offering a small smile he squinted his yellow eyes towards him. "What's up buttercup?" he teased halfheartedly, falling to his rump half in and half out of the den. His white coat fluffed up against the wind as he gazed at his dear friend. He knew that he had been more than absent as of late, but there were a lot of matters pertaining to that. He felt quite ill, and on top of that he realized that his kids had never met his parents, hadn't even seen the rest of his family. He wanted to take them all away to see them, but could not in his right mind just walk away from his pack. Head tilting lightly, he waited for an answer from the man that he held close to his heart.

Allen

gems
size
build
player
06-26-2015, 10:56 PM

Bass would stir, coming to the entrance of the den. Allen didn't have to ask to know that something was clearly not right with the other. The calico gentleman would breathe in, letting a slow sigh pass his lips. His dark gaze was upon the other, seriousness without those deep orbs. "Something is wrong, Bass." The man would begin. "Something with you. Your absence has been noticed, my friend. I'm worried about you. About our home. Bass... tell me what's happening?" Allen would ask gently. No, not just ask. Plead. He needed to know what was going on. Not just for his sake, but for Abaven's sake. They would look to him to know what was going on with Bass. To help fix whatever was wrong. More importantly than for the pack, however, Allen wanted to make sure his friend was alright for friend's sake. Something in his gut told him he had already waited far too long.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
06-26-2015, 11:06 PM

It didn't take long for Allen to pick up on his change, causing his ears to pin back towards his head as his gaze was cast away from his friend. Taking a deep breath, his gaze fluttered back to the calico man. "I was hoping that no one noticed..." he said softly. His head lowered slightly as he let out a sigh, tail thudding on the earth behind him. "I haven't been feeling too well, and I've been... thinking. A lot. With you here to help me out I have been wondering if I should bring my children to meet the rest of their family. Its in a far off land from here though, and I would be gone for awhile. I just... I didn't think that I could in my right mind just walk away. I guess it just drove me to hide a bit?" Bass said slowly, thoughtfully. "I have been alpha of these lands since I was a year old, and I have never been gone from here for longer than a few days. This is my home as much as yours... and I can't just walk away. I mean I know I would come back but, its just hard I guess?" His shoulders shrugged at his lame statement, another sigh passing through his lips. "I'm so sorry Allen..."

Allen

gems
size
build
player
06-26-2015, 11:14 PM

When Bass spoke the gentleman would listen, his gaze gentle. He hated to see his friend like this, acting so ashamed. Hurting with the thoughts that he had within his own mind. The calico brute would give a soft whine. "Bass... how could I have not noticed?" He would  edge closer, gently setting his head against the white man's shoulder. "You are more than my alpha, more than a friend. You are family to me. Like a son or a brother. Bass... I've been so worried. I wish you would have come to me..." Allen drew back, his gaze searching Bass' face.

"You don't need to feel like you are abandoning this pack. You have more family outside of Alacritis, the wolves of Abaven should be able to understand and respect that. It is natural to want to see them. They would know you'd return to them someday. You are our alpha, Bass, Azat of Abaven, and in the end you always will be. We would wait for you. All of us. You know that we'd keep it safe for when you did." The man shook his head.

"Don't let it drive you mad Bass. Just do what you feel you need to do. Abaven will always be your home, but if you have things you need to do away from home it's alright." He would try to offer a reassuring smile. "You know I have your back, whatever you decide."

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
06-26-2015, 11:25 PM

His ears perked at his friends words, honored to have a friend like him. His head shook as he smiled softly, leaning forward to lick Allen. "What would I be able to do without you?" he asked softly. Blowing out another lungful of hot air as he slowly nodded his head. "Yeah, I think I would be good if I took them there, get these jitterbugs out of my limbs. Maybe it will help me clear my head a bit." He eyed the man, nuzzling his shoulder. "And you would look after Abaven for me, right? I am not sure how long I will be gone for, but I know it won't be too long. I can't keep myself away from here for very long..."

Allen

gems
size
build
player
06-26-2015, 11:38 PM

There was a more calm sense that washed over the man as Bass responded this time. He would chuckle some, a bit of a playful look crossing his face. “Probably have some other man be your best friend.” Though Allen truly could not imagine it any other way. Bass was a part of his life, just as he was for the white man. Their destinies were tied now, just as all wolves here in Abaven were tied to each other. He would breathe out in relief, giving a nod.

“I certainly wouldn’t mind that. You can trust me to keep Abaven safe.” He would gently nudge his friend. “So go on with the family! Enjoy yourselves.” Allen would encourage. All he wanted was for his friend to be happy. Abaven would still be his home, Azat his position when he returned. It was something Allen would never take from him. Not that he would want to. This was merely a job of packsitting in his eyes. He couldn’t be happier to be the one to do it.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
06-27-2015, 08:12 AM
Honestly if Bass didn't have Allen, he would be utterly lost. He had stepped up and aided him in taking care of their home, and was always there for the pale man. He really was more than a friend, he was family. A brother. He looked up to the older man, and now he was stepping up yet again when Bass' mind faltered. He had made himself quite literally sick with worry, but now he was able to take his children with him and bring them to meet the rest of their family. One last deep breath was taken as he met Allen's steady gaze with his own. "I don't know how to thank you enough, Allen. Really, without you all would be lost. I will take the pups that want to come with me and take my leave in a few days. Are you sure that you will be okay?" he asked, concern thick in his voice. He wouldn't want to leave Abaven with anyone else when he went on a trip, but... Allen had enough on his plate as it was. Bass felt selfish for leaving Abaven to the older man so that he could go off on an adventure. Placing his nose on the mans forehead, he drunk in his musty scent. "Should I call the others here to make them aware of this?" Bass added after several moments.

Allen

gems
size
build
player
06-27-2015, 10:06 AM

Allen would give a small nod to Bass as he spoke again. He couldn’t imagine where he would have been if Bass hadn’t accepted him into his home. He couldn’t imagine being parted from Nona, from his beloved. There was so much he had to be thankful for since coming to Abaven... And it was all thanks to Bass.

“Just make sure you come back and I’ll be just fine.” He rumbled. “I’d be lost without you too you know. You’ve done so much for me as well.” His smile was bright, gentle. He would gently bump Bass’s jaw with his muzzle in a loving gesture. He would miss the other for certain.

“It would probably be for the better. So that way they’re not all wondering where you’ve gone and why suddenly this old man is in charge.” He’d give a soft chuckle.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
06-27-2015, 11:31 AM
He chuckled along with the man, nodding at his words to call the pack together. It would be terrible for him to just vanish without a single word. Wren would be coming with him, and he knew that Finch wouldn't leave their side long enough to let them go alone. He didn't know about his other kids, or what the rest of the pack would think. And Motif, his dear Motif. Just had another child and he was going to leave her. Ears pressed flat against his skull as he pulled back from Allen to let out a call for all of Abaven. Even though he was dreading this talk, his paws were tingling with excitement. Who knew, maybe even Shaye would come? For his dear sister Motif it was probably too soon. In his call he also summoned Rhythm to his side, he wanted her here while he was gone if it was at all possible. With his song coming to an end he hopped up on top of his snow covered den, motioning for Allen to follow. This was going to be a shaky talk, but hopefully it would all go well.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-30-2015, 12:22 PM

Rhythm hadn't left Motif and her new little one quite yet, though she had given them a little space she hadn't quite made it back to Imperium yet, though she was probably due in the next few days. She'd want to talk to Valentine, see how much time he'd allow her here at her old home. She didn't want to push her limits, especially with how strained their relationship had come. She wasn't doing anything spectacular at that moment, just taking a look around Abaven to see what kinds of signs of spring she might see. Bass's call for the pack, and herself, was a little more than unexpected. It was a little early to be introducing Vail to the pack, so she wondered what he might have in store.

Obviously perplexed Rhythm made her way to her brother's call, finding him and Allen before her. She'd nod respectfully to the later and come to nuzzle the former. She didn't care where they were in rebuilding their relationship, she was very much willing to let bygone's be bygone's. "What's going on Bass?" She'd ask curiously as she sat next to her taller brother.
""

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
06-30-2015, 12:39 PM
He was curled in the den against Shaye's back while her stomach was against her mother's back and Motif was curled around the tiny sleeping Vail. She was only a few days old and still completely helpless and tiny. He'd often find himself staring at her for what seemed like hours. Her perfection was undeniable and every wolf in that den would have said the same. He loved her from the moment he saw her, much like her mother. He was enjoying his nap with his little family when Bass's call reached his ears. They would have to go out in the snow, and he wondered for a moment if he should stay with the baby.

He'd reach over Shaye to nuzzle at Motif, sure that his movement would wake his other daughter as well. "Motif, Bass is calling for you." He'd smile and kiss her, encouraging her from sleep. "I'll stay with Vail, go see what he needs. I'm sure whatever he needs is better told to you than me." He was sure that Bass would excuse his absence considering the age of their child. She was not yet ready to leave the den, it would be dangerous out there for her, just as dangerous as leaving her alone right now.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Calypsei

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
06-30-2015, 04:58 PM
A call would rise and a curious blue yearling would wonder what was about to happen. Calypsei had been off hunting, thinking about several different things simultaneously when Bass called the pack together. The cyan and navy blue girl would push, her legs gracefully flowing over the land in long and powerful strides. Calypsei’s eyes remained alert as she scoured over the lands with them. She had been faring well as she officially entered her teenage angsty years. Now that Winter was to end and Spring begin, she could officially call herself one year of age. She had no reason to be upset because this opened so many doors for her. She would arrive, giving a soft smile to Bass as the wheels in the back of her mind turned.
Help me with PROJECT DANCE or PLOT WITH ME

Avatar Credit goes to euphoriclies on dA/Sarah on RoW

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-01-2015, 02:26 PM

Motif woke groggily to Shai's voice, shaking her head out as she brought herself to consciousness and realized what her mate was saying. Bass called for her? Oh she missed her brotherly dearly, she had seen little of him of late and was certain worries where plaguing him. Her brother always cared too much, it was something that made him a fantastic Alpha but something else that easily aged him prematurely. She sighed as she looked down at her little Vail. She had not left the girls side, nor the den, not once since the birthing.

Motif picked up Vail by the scruff of her neck and very gently nudged her against Shai's side, where the girl after letting out a plaintive cry, would snuggle in and go straight back to sleep. She smiled, a little shakily and kissed Shai on his cheek. “You watch our baby girl” she whispered, and forced herself to slip from the den and away from her child's side. After the initial trouble of leaving Vail, her pace picked up remarkably, she was also very eager to see Bass, the brother she dearly missed. She arrived in moments and moved forward to kiss her brothers cheek. Maternity made the girl very affectionate it seemed.

""  

Shrike

gems
size
build
player
07-01-2015, 02:51 PM

The call of his father was something that was simply impossible to ignore. Shrike would stop what he was doing, giving pause for but a moment. There was something about the timing of this all that seemed strange. A frown on his face the young male would set off, a determined look in his eyes. He would get to the bottom of this. Oh yes he would. When he did he would see to it that all of his siblings knew it too!

He would arrive to find that his mother was not by Bass' side. This in and of itself unsettled the young man. But uncle Allen was there, and his aunt Rhythm and Motif. The boy would move to Bass' side, a frown clearly written on his face. "Dad... what's going on?" Shrike's brow was furrowed. Heck, if he had tried to come any faster to figure out what was going on he probably would have tripped over himself.

With a royal "fwump" he'd flop his rear end on the ground, searching his father's face for an answer.

"Speech"

Table by:: Eldarwen

Tinaro

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Varda
07-05-2015, 06:31 AM

After returning from the Lightning Festival in the north, the yearling hadn't been so proactive within his own pack. As guilty as he felt, he was aware of his actions and was busy forming plans in his mind. Part of the plan was to, when he broke through the barrier of laziness, talk with Bass about the pack and how fighting worked within in it, just to clarify his confusion. However, it seemed the Destruction father wouldn't be the one in charge for much longer, as the meeting which he had arrived for, would soon tell. Seated beside his cyan friend after exchanging a quiet greeting to her, he intently awaited for the almost disappointing news to be shared across the rest of the gathered wolves.

"Can you hear me?"