Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-09-2015, 06:48 PM

It was getting to the point where if she ever wanted to leave pack lands, her pack had decided someone would always go with her. She was happy, but upset at the same time, she could handle herself just fine. The extra weight wasn't too bad, but she would not be able to fight with that injured leg of hers and pregnant of course. Amachi was with her this time, the huge wolf walking a few inches behind as they came up to the borders. As an alpha Arian still felt it was important that she be visiting all of the packs. Her head tilted back and she let out a howl for the alpha.

Amachi would only just stand by, in case of emergency. Arian hadn't seen the alpha of these lands at all she didn't think. Though, she sat and relaxed herself letting out a mild sigh. At least for the moment her emotions were not out of roof. As long as she remained calm, everything would be fine. With Amachi with her, she definitely did feel a little safer.

ooc:Let's just say amachi is with her, I won't post her unless it's needed.

"Talk"
[Image: zL7Ypap.png]

Cypress being Arian's mate, can jump into her threads private or not. Arian is fluent in Japanese and English but also knows mild Irish. Avalon is also allowed to crash Arian's threads.

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

Intermediate Intellectual (35)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
07-09-2015, 07:15 PM

Ash wasn't far from the border, in fact, he was outside the border when he heard the call. The last time he met someone at the border, his momma got super mad and his dad looked mad and everyone was mad. Ashmedai was sure he'd take this time more seriously. Then everyone would be proud of him and they would see how much of a leader he could be!

Running towards the call, Ashmedai crossed the border in sight of the pair. He sniffed at them, trying to remember what he'd learn about wolves' smells. Okay, so there was two and they smelled like a pack, but he didn't know what pack. One smelled like an alpha and... something else. Ash ran past the two, crossing the border and looping around in a wide, fast arc to face them. His lanky legs stiffened and the boy skidded to a halt, his tongue lolling out of his maw, "Hi, I'm Ashmedai Imperialis! Welcome to Imperium, or welcome to the outside of Imperium anyway. I guess you called for my dad, but I'm his son so I'll do for now." Ashmedai puffed his chest, panting softly, "One of you is an alpha, I know because I smell it." He sniffed the air, finally pointing to the one with the white patch on her eye, "You! You're the Alpha! Where are you the Alpha of?" Was that how you asked it? He looked over the woman, she was the one with the other smell the smell that Ash hadn't recognized- "Ah! That's it! You're pregnant! That's why you smell weird!"

The boy's tail swung around quickly. He had solved the puzzle! The alpha lady was pregnant! He very nearly got too excited to go on with his business speech, "OH! I'm Ashmedai, like I said. Who are you and where are you from? Also why are you here, like what do you want? I don't think you're lost, but if you are, I'm glad you stopped at the border, but you called my dad so probably not." Ashmedai smiled. He was so good at figuring these things out!

"SPEAK!"

Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-09-2015, 07:49 PM

Arian was not expecting a young pup to approach her, both she and Amachi were blinking confused at the young one. Though the alpha couldn't help but to let a small smile appear on her face. Letting a giggle escape as Amachi sat down near the woman. Ash would go on talking, making the note that she was indeed pregnant. "It's nice to meet you Ashmedai. My name is Arian Adravendi and this is my friend Amachi Mackury. I'm the alphess and president of Sonticus a pack in the north. I'm here to speak with your dad." she would explain to the little one. Amachi was huge compared to the pup but having an adopted daughter herself she was getting used to other pups.

"I am indeed pregnant, that's sharp of you to notice." Arian would relax herself a little. Hopefully bringing Amachi here wouldn't spark the other alpha being so large. Some would take it the wrong way as she had noticed in the past. She simply just wanted Sonticus to be safe for the moments her pups would be born. That and it was important to find out who her allies and enemies would be. Already Fiori and Abaven were her allies after all.

"Talk"

Cypress being Arian's mate, can jump into her threads private or not. Arian is fluent in Japanese and English but also knows mild Irish. Avalon is also allowed to crash Arian's threads.

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
07-09-2015, 08:13 PM

The woman explained that she was Arian, the alphess and president of Sonticus. Ash's eyes widened, "What's an alphess? We just have the Rex here, which is my dad which is an alpha, but we don't have an alphess or a president. Is an alphess the same as an alpha? What is a president anyway? That's a really weird word too, what does it mean? Also, how are you a leader when you're pregnant? Our alpha is my dad, and he's a boy so he doesn't have pups. I don't know if he could lead a pack being all fat like-" Ash cut himself off. Saying fat was rude wasn't it? What was a better word for fat if she was big? "-like with pups. Like full of pups. Like big and round but because of pregnant not fat?" He tried to make it better, "I mean, I don't think I could walk, so it's really cool that you can lead a pack there too! It's... Son-tic-cus? Where is that? We're in the south now, so... " Ashmedai trailed off as he asked his question, shrugging. She knew what he meant, right? He'd wait for her to answer. He learned that waiting for an answer was what diplomats did. That what his dad did and he was a leader diplomat, right? Right.

"SPEAK!"

Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-09-2015, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015, 08:22 PM by Arian.)

She wondered for a moment if any of her children would grow up to be that tall, like Ash or Amachi. She certainly hoped not, but it was a possibility with the stories of her family line. He asked all of these questions and she wondered if she was even supposed to be answering them. After all she was not his parents, and she had seen some crazy parents. "Alphess is the female form of alpha, yes it's the same. President is sort of like your Rex but not. My pack is run collectively, so while I'm 'fat' the other wolves can easily function without me." she smiled at him at the explanation, hiding her insecurities now. Though he hadn't asked about her crippled leg nor the scar on her face.

"It's in the north, where it's cold almost all the time. There's snow everywhere all year round." Arian stated. Amachi herself was hoping that the alpha showed up soon, she didn't know when Arian would start crying for no reason. After all her mood swings ranged, and it didn't help that the president could easily fall into depression if she were not careful.

"Talk"

Cascade

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
07-09-2015, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015, 08:32 PM by Cascade.)
She'd been content to stalk the young boy mischievously for the day. He might have reached his third season and her boys had been out adventuring long before then, but Esti also seemed a bit of a helicopter mama (not that she'd know that term, mind you) so for the sake of saving him from the Wrath of Mama she followed him to make sure he didn't get into trouble. That was part of her job, wasn't it? Making sure that all Valen's kids were safe and sound? She didn't want to ruin his fun though or make him feel less independent, so she stalked quietly. Eventually she'd have her fun and jump out of some dark forest to tackle him under the guise of "training". Now though, something had caught his attention that was... maybe a bit beyond the scope of a not-quite-yearling's fun. A visiting alpha, by the scent, and the woman's reply to his chattering confirmed it. Still, she was curious about how the young squirt would handle himself and held back. Well, held back until he called the clearly pregnant alpha fat. She winced despite the way the alpha handled it, and quickly leaped into action and marched out as though answering the female's call, miming surprise at seeing Ashmedai.

"Ah, Ash! I see you've come to greet our visitors too! I'm sure your dad will be very proud of you taking the initiative. Son of an alpha's gotta learn to be an alpha himself someday, doesn't he?" she chattered, and came to a stop next to the taller boy. She studied the strangers before her, the pregnant alpha a reddish brown with white spot and the other she assumed to be a body guard an unusually striped and orange marked grey female easily Angelus' size. It was easy enough not to be intimidated by the size when every day Cas was surrounded by family members nearly this female's size, and she was able to smile blithely at them while passing an evaluating gaze over them both.

"Cascade Saxe," she continued smoothly. "I am the et uxor here - I suppose the closest translation would be wife to the alpha, but I'm no alphess and not really a wife either, so there goes that explanation. What can I do for you, Arian?"
Cascade's "baby daddy" (Valentine) and her children (Angelus, Seraphim, Evangeline, and Chaos) are allowed in any of her threads, regardless of whether or not they are marked private. Because they are all special rays of sunshine.

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-09-2015, 08:40 PM

Amachi would relax herself as an older woman appeared. She was glad an adult finally appeared though she did not appear to be the pups mother. Curiosity grown across the silent giant's face. Arian would be able to settle herself higher a bit as she shifted her gaze to the woman. Cascade Saxe..... it's like the last name was stuck in the back of her mind. She knew of Newt.......the woman Hajime had been with at one time. She would throw the thought away though, not wanting to really ask if they happened to be related.

Arian got a glimpse of what she was saying, basically she was sort of a second in command. Arian's pack itself had no second in command. "Arian Adravendi." she dipped her head. "I came to talk politics with Imperium just got a pleasant surprise in the process." she would smile at the thought giving out a small laugh. It was happy to have a bit of adult talk now though. "I want to make sure my pack will be safe from harm until my pups are born, or at least be prepared if not. We already have alliances with Fiori and Abaven." She had wanted to speak with the main leader of the pack, but she would take what she could get.

"Talk"

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
07-09-2015, 09:54 PM

The alpha answered and Ashmedai filed away the definitions for later use. He didn't really understand the whole president thing, but he would ask his dad about it later. She said they lived in the north where is was cold and snowy? That sounded... kind of cool? Ashmedai really liked snow, but he really liked crunchy leaves too. Even this season was cool because there were little new plants and animals.

Cascade came out and greeted him. Ash trotted to her and aimed to bump his shoulder against her affectionately, "Cascade! It's been a little bit!" Okay, it had probably been like two days, but the boy was happy to have the raven woman beside him anyway. His tail wagged behind him as he listened to the two introduce each other. Cas explained her rank and what it meant, but that she wasn't really a wife. Ash had to cut in, "Cascade would be the best wife." he stated firmly, but with a hint of silliness in his slightly deepening (and also very squeaky probably) voice. He leaned a little closer to her. Was he too close? Maybe. Did he realize it? Not a chance.

The woman spoke of keeping her pups safe by forming alliances with two other packs, Fiori and Abaven. Wasn't Abaven that place Rhythm always ran off to? She had family there and was kind of in two packs? Ashmedai didn't understand. Everyone in Imperium could fight it seemed. Even when he was just around his mother he never felt threatened, "Isn't that what warriors in a pack are for? Oh, or are you borrowing from other packs?" Ashmedai asked genuinely. Could you borrow warriors from a pack? "What about uhhh..." Ash motioned with his nose to the big wolf, "Amariachi ? Amachi- sorry. Won't you protect the pups?" Ashmedai didn't know of such wars and raids. He only knew of bears and other animals wanting to hurt pups, though Esti had warned him of bad wolves. Even if there was a bad wolf, this wolf with stripes was as tall as Angelus. Wouldn't that be all the protection they needed? "If she's outside the den, like right outside, then they all be safe!" Ash smiled, glancing at Cascade. He had solved another problem! Go Ashmedai!

"SPEAK!"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
07-10-2015, 09:14 PM

A vaguely familiar howl from the border gave the King pause. He knew he knew the voice, but he couldn't place it. That feeling of knowing but not knowing bugged him all the way to the border and it wasn't until he laid eyes on the vistors that it clicked. Ah, Arian. The alpha of...uh...

Okay, maybe he didn't quite remember.

Nevertheless he was going to pretend he did, and for this reason he dove into the conversation with gusto. His voice booming, he greeted the visitors by name, "Arian, Amachi! What brings you to Imperium?" The King came to a halt beside Ashmedai, hoping to pin him in between Cascade and himself. Hopefully- maybe- that would keep the boy in line. Jokingly (a tone that was for the benefit of the strangers) he asked his son, "You behaving, Ash?" While it sounded like a question, it was more or less an attempt to straighten him out of the answer was no.

He was pleased to see Cascade there. He hadn't realized just how good it would feel to have a secondary until he'd gotten one. A huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders. Now wasn't a time to express his gratitude, but he made a note to do so. For now he needed to concentrate on the situation at hand. He was curious as to why a heavily pregnant alpha would seek him out at a time when she was, perhaps, most vulnerable.

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-10-2015, 09:53 PM

The huge lady was about ready to open her jaw to saw something, but Arian gave her a short glance. The bodyguard would settle herself down again as the pregnant Alpha watched the child. Though before she could answer Valentine showed his face. Arian was not aware that he was still an alpha blinking she smiled it was a nice surprise still. "Valentine, still have your crown I see. That makes this a bit easier for me." Arian dipped her head respectfully. Since he spoke Amachi's name she would be curious about that as well. "I didn't know you and Amachi knew each other." Amachi smiled a bit recalling her time at the lava pit.

"I came to speak about where Imperium stands with Sonticus. As you can see I'm pregnant so it's become a very important task that I find out who are my friends my foes and my neutrals. Currently my pack Sonticus is up north and we have alliances with Fiori and Abaven. I don't know you well but I would suggest and allie for you." Arian smiled at him. She didn't know him very well, but she was willing to give it a try. She only hoped that she would not regret the decision at a later date. Though, it was ultimately up to Valentine to decide that.

"Talk"

Cascade

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
07-14-2015, 12:31 PM
I don't want to rest in peace
I'd rather be the ghost that annoys you

Though Cascade's habitual half-smile didn't waver and her lithe form's posture gave the appearance of a certain blasé, laissez-faire attitude outwardly, inwardly she was suffused with the wariness and canniness of a predator stalking prey. Ok so, this could be fun after all - she would just need to walk a fine line between "fun" and "helping Valen" was all. She smiled at Ash's adorable insistence that she'd make the best wife (did he even know what a wife was?) and returned his affectionate shoulder bump, and listened politely while the woman (Arian Adravendi, it seemed was her name) spoke her piece. She let Ash's rambling on the subject draw the two strangers' attention, while she herself just continued to watch them without a word. "Hm," she said simply when Ash had trailed off. Valentine's sudden appearance right as she was opening her mouth to speak wasn't really surprising so she just waited to speak up until after Arian had her little explanation-time, but it was kind of disconcerting sometimes how unexpectedly he could pop out for such a big wolf. "Wouldn't it be safer to stay home while you're pregnant instead of stirring hornets' nests? The lands have been quiet enough for a good while, so why take the risk when you could be fortifying where ever it is you live instead of going around giving people ideas?" She didn't drop her friendly demeanor as she spoke, her head tilted to the side - it wasn't a threat though in hindsight it could have sounded like one, she was genuinely curious what would drive a pregnant woman to go visiting one of the potentially most dangerous packs in Alacratia in her condition. Hell, even if one of the packs didn't outright attack her wouldn't just knowing she was pregnant and unable to defend her pack make someone want to jump at the chance to attack them?

Valentine seemed to know both Arian and the strangely-marked bodyguard, hardly surprising considering it was Valen, and Cascade wondered - given that it was Valen - if he'd slept with either or both of them and if that would make any possible negotiations easier or more difficult. Some females could be so unpredictable and irrational about that sort of thing after all.

Her eyes shifted to him and she gave him a lopsided grin and a shrug as if to say "all yours, Boss" but made no move to leave. She wasn't, after all, qualified to be making or breaking alliances, but she was intensely curious about how Valen did things like this She hadn't grown up with the benefit of a pack, not in those long seasons since she'd lost her way from Taurig's pack as a young pup and then found her way into Imperium as an adult, so the little social niceties and cues that a lot of these pack wolves took for granted were lost on her. Not that she wasn't capable of being polite (clearly!), she just didn't know how all this, this politics, worked. But it felt a lot like hunting, which she'd always adored, and it piqued her curiosity.

""
I hope you can make me laugh
Six feet down when we're bored of each other
Cascade's "baby daddy" (Valentine) and her children (Angelus, Seraphim, Evangeline, and Chaos) are allowed in any of her threads, regardless of whether or not they are marked private. Because they are all special rays of sunshine.

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
07-15-2015, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2015, 11:45 AM by Tealah. Edit Reason: coding errors )

As Ashmedai finished his spill, Valentine came up. Ash's ears flicked back and he licked his lips, "Yea, I'm behaving, even Cascade was right here." he complained a little, glancing to Cas as if to will her to agree that he was, in fact, behaving. The visitor lady talked to Valentine and talked about an alliance. He still didn't understand why they wanted an alliance. They didn't even really know each other, so why did they want to be all friends now? Aren't you supposed to know someone first, then ask to be friends? Ash wasn't really sure how packs worked. Maybe you had to challenge to be allies? Was that why Amachi was here? Cascade spoke up, asking why the pregnant woman would come here personally. She said it might give people ideas. Ashmedai agreed. When people said not to do things, usually he just wanted to do it more,
"Yeah, maybe you could send your wife instead. Your- uhh- et uxor or whatever is under 'President' right? Would that be safer?" He looked to his dad, then to Cascade. That was right, right? Probably. He would look back to his dad, licking his lips again a bit nervously, his tongue not fully going back into his maw as he looked back at the President woman. He smiled slightly, pink tongue sticking out a bit from the front of his maw. He wanted to see what his dad would say, but he was nervous his dad would kick him out of the meeting if he talked too much. Leaning a bit towards Cascade, Ashmedai tried to lock his eyes between the two visitors and dissappear from his father's thoughts.

"SPEAK!"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
07-16-2015, 07:14 PM

"...still have your crown, I see." He dipped his head slightly at this. He'd keep the observation to himself, but if he remembered correctly, the same couldn't be said for Arian. A little bird had told him that her old pack had crumpled. The circumstances that had led to its demise were unknown to him, but it had indeed fallen, had it not? So how was it that she was an alpha again?

The more she spoke the more he remembered of their last conversation. She'd wanted pretty much the same thing the last time she visited. Same as he had before, his answer was, without hesitation, no. Absolutely not. That she felt the need to ask upfront and without any kind of working, mutually beneficial relationship to pad the deal spoke volumes. And those volumes were not in her favor. Her request spoke of weakness and a paralyzing fear of attack without the faintest shred of confidence in her pack's ability to defend itself. An alliance with such a pack would be very lopsided and not worth Imperium's efforts by any stretch of the imagination.

"Cascade has a point," he rumbled. "And in voicing it she solidified the answer I was preparing to give you." He studied the woman for a second before continuing, "My answer is no, and here's why: I strongly doubt an alliance between our packs would be mutually beneficial. I'm aware of the fall of your last pack and I question your suitability as a leader. I don't say that to be unkind, Arian, but I do believe that not everyone can or should rule a pack."

His gaze drifted to Ash and then he sought to nudge the boy with his shoulder. Hopefully he would take the hint and be content to listen for awhile. Valentine's gaze then sought out Arian's and he studied her in an attempt to gauge her reaction to his words. "Running from pack to pack as I assume you have been is not the best way to protect your pack from harm. Neither is snatching up each and every alliance that comes your way. If you want to protect your pack, Arian, you need to look to your members." If she had such little faith in her members then she needed to ask herself why she'd chosen to make them a part of Sonticus in the first place. If the answer was anything less than the betterment of the pack as a whole then she was failing not only herself, but her pack.

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-16-2015, 08:38 PM

Amachi was silent as she observed, she knew if she had chipped in and agree'd with the opposing side Arian would be angry with her. Quiet honestly she herself felt this had been a bad idea it was Arian who pushed on and wanted to still do as she thought was right. Her gray eyes looked over at Valentine for a moment, pushing a smile through her maw as a greeting towards him. Arian's eyes moved over Amachi for a moment than back to valentine she smiled though. Staying calm. "You make valid points Valentine, I will not defend my claims seeing as you seem to have a brighter idea." her tail flicked sensing how uncomfortable Amachi felt.

"I wish your pack well, and perhaps I should do something for mine that would benefit them more than myself." she dipped her head before turning the other way. Amachi standing up for a moment, stayed behind for a single moment. "It was nice to see you again Valentine, and Cascade thank you for talking with Arian. You two might have put some sense into her head. Goodbye Ashemedai, make sure you make your father proud." she grinned before turning to follow behind Arian.

"Talk"