Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
07-03-2015, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2015, 06:47 AM by Epiphron.)
Epiphron didn't know why things hadn't worked out as she had planned.

She'd wanted to build Fiori into a strong pack. For her children. A place they could grow to consider home again, where they could work together to achieve greatness. But it hardly seemed like a pack at all. Nobody had honestly stepped up to any kind of responsibility, which was fine, but she couldn't help but wonder: what was she doing wrong? A sigh left her lips as she wandered through the mangroves, wondering what she could have done to make things better. Leadership had come so naturally to her once, but it seemed she only grew worse at it as time went on.

For awhile, she would find herself lost in her thoughts, her mind swaying like the spring breeze that shook the trees and ruffled her fur lightly. Finally she would tip her head to the sky, calling for Leo, knowing she knew just how to fix this problem.. if only her son was ready and willing.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
07-03-2015, 07:41 AM

Since the last meeting Leo had done a bit of wandering, visiting some parts of Alacritis that he hadn't been to in quite a while. It had been good to stretch his legs, meet a new wolf or two, but when he returned back to Fiori he realized that this place finally felt like home. He had actually missed it while he was gone. He had begun to think that no place would ever feel like home like The Range had, but he had proved himself wrong. It was a relief actually. To know that he could finally let go of his birth place go was calming.

His thoughts were on this as he made his way around the edge of Fiori, just checking the borders to pass time. However, his mother's call for him caught his attention and his mismatched ears perked with interest. His gaze turned toward the sound curiously as he wondered what she might need him for. He quickly turned his path toward her and took off at a brisk trot toward her.

It only took a few minutes for her pale form to come into view and he smiled. "You called?" he asked with a light, happy tone to his voice as he closed the distance between them and embraced her. It was easy to sense the worry she had been carrying lately, but Leo had always been one to try to cheer up those around him. He look a step back from their embrace after a moment so their matching blue gazes could meet, that smile still easy on his lips.

"Talk" "You" Think

Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
07-06-2015, 09:35 AM
It was no surprise that Leo answered her call quickly. Since reuniting with him when Fiori had grown from nothing, he had always been present and willing to come to her when necessary. She'd lost both Caeto and Cassius again, and while she hoped they would return, her faith in her children had dwindled - though she still loved them fiercely, and wanted to ensure they had a safe haven here.

A smile touched her lips at Leo's arrival. He reminded her so much of Maverick that, sometimes, it was startling. Though it seemed he was without his father's extreme stubbornness and pride - and that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. She relished in her son's touch for a moment before pulling away to examine him. "I did," she'd start gently, wondering how to phrase her words to him. Behind her, her tail would bat almost nervously at the earth.

"I don't think I need to rule Fiori any longer," Epiphron would start, assessing her son's reaction. "I wanted a place for our family to grow, but I feel as though I've lost my passion for leadership. I think you should take over." She might as well cut straight to the point, to see where Leo stood on these matters. "And if you don't want to, I can only hope the rest of our family will remain here with us.."

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
07-06-2015, 11:34 AM

When his mother stepped back to look at him he saw the nervousness in her posture and the thump of her tail. He looked at her curiously, but his curiosity didn't have to last long since she got right into the meat of why she had called him. His mind immediately went in a hundred different directions and he was sure that worry showed on his face as much as he tried to not let it, but the one thing he didn't think of was what she asked of him.

His eyes went wide with surprise and for a moment all he could feel was shock. Him? Lead Fiori? He knew that leading a pack had always been a dream on his, but he had begun to abandon the idea entirely, at least until he was older. The shock faded into excitement and nervousness and muddled into one. He honestly didn't know what to say, but he also realized his mother was waiting on an answer. "I'll do it," he finally responded even though he couldn't quite believe his own ears. He had wanted this for so long, but he hadn't expected it to come quite this way. He hadn't ever expected to take his mother's place, at least not for a very long time. Once the initial shock wore off though more of that excitement creeped in and he was able to give her an excited grin.

"Talk" "You" Think

Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
07-10-2015, 11:28 PM
Perhaps it was not only pure disinterest that made it difficult to rule; truth be told, she was growing older and far more interested in the welfare of her children, rather than the prestige of ruling. There would never be a kingdom again like Seracia, nor like Valhalla, no matter how much she willed it. She simply didn't have it in her to try any longer. But it seemed that Leo just might..

She watched, somewhat restless, shifting her weight from one paw to the next. He initially seemed stunned - surely he had not anticipated this? - but he accepted after a long moment of silence. "Good," Epiphron said finally, letting a slow exhalation of air escape, relief flooding her. She didn't want Fiori to die. She wanted a permanent home for her family, and she had grown quite fond of these lands and the wolves that had chosen to stay here. "I will help you as much as you need." His expression grew joyed once again, and she mirrored it with a warm smile of her own. He was the only one in the pack that she trusted with this, and she was certain he wouldn't let her down. "Thank you, Leo. If only I could have given you a greater Kingdom. You would make a fine King."" She laughed quietly, moving to embrace him once again. Even if Fiori was not necessarily grand, it was home and it could only get better.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
07-11-2015, 10:44 PM

Leo saw the obvious relief when he agreed to his mother's proposition. As nervous and excited about the whole thing he was it was good to see that relief from her. He had seen so much tension in her lately that is made him smile just to see her smile. He really was a momma's boy at the end of the day. He smiled gratefully when she offered her help since he was very sure that he would need as much guidance as she could offer. He was going into all of this fairly blind and very inexperienced, but he felt very lucky to have his mother who had more experience at leading a pack than anyone he could think of and to have a pack that was largely made of wolves who were his family in some form.

He returned her embrace as she spoke of how she wished Fiori was in a greater state for him, but he was quick to deny it once their eyes met again. "You've given me a great Kingdom. You've given us all a home and we're all safe here, what more can we really ask for? And it just means we have plenty of room to grow."He grinned as he slowly got more acclimated to the idea and the nervous shock was replaced by excited eagerness. "You'll be on my Council, won't you? I can't think of anyone else I'd rather have on it."

"Talk" "You" Think

Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
08-04-2015, 08:34 PM
In one moment, it felt like the weight of the world had been lifted from her shoulders. Epiphron had no interest in ruling any longer, and she knew it was something that Leo was well-suited for - and the sudden excitement that overtook him only solidified his belief. "I'm glad you think so," she would smile at his genuine words. "You know, I dreamed of ruling the world when I was a child. How things have changed." Her words were nostalgic, and slowly she would rest her head on her forepaws, gazing longingly into the distance.

"I will be happy to aid you," she promised him quickly. "Even if you decide to ruin Fiori differently than I might. I only ask you maintain a home for all of our family here, though I have no doubt you will do that even better than I have."