ardent

I thought you were dead...

Sperare

gems
size
build
player
05-15-2013, 04:25 PM
ooc Since the thread was moving slow and the timing if very off, XD, this will be after the previous thread and so after all the events that are currently going on within Glaciem.

She was very thankful for this opportunity Gargoyle gave her. Iniko would finally be able to get a full night's rest, not have to wake up early to go hunting for small amounts of food, he would be able to fill his stomach in one feeding. That was what made her so happy. Her child would be in a safe place, be able to make friends and act like a pup should.

Sperare could finally relax, let her guard down. Now that she was apart of Glaciem, she would not have to worry about other wolves attacking her and her child, she would be backed up by these new wolves. Thank you Gargoyle, for giving me this... She spoke to herself softly, a small smile forming on her black lips.

For now she was just relaxing, letting Iniko explore the pack's camp grounds and make friends, they both needed it. And so she was laying away from the camp, about halfway from it and the border, in a small forest. She lay upon a rock, head resting on her paws, the sun on her back.It was then that she realized she would have to eat a lot before Winter came, try to get a few pounds back so she could survive it.

Oxia

gems
size
build
player
05-15-2013, 06:51 PM

Patrolling was something that Oxia loved to do, he did not like to be kept in one place so long. He preferred to be walking most of the day and only to stop to sleep. His deep blue eyes canned the land looking for anything that could possibly trigger his interest. His stride was smooth and silent, which was amazing for how large he was.

His mind was all over the place, jumping from here to there on topics. He soon came to a sight that he had not seen in a long time. Could it be? Was his eyes playing tricks on him once more. Oxia walked closer to what he thought was his sister. As his eyes focused a bit more it conformed that the female was indeed his sister.

He walked a bit closer head a bit low, and eyes narrowed. He was unutterably confused at this time.Oxia soon came with in a few feet of the dame. "Sperare? Sperare is that really you? He said dumbfounded by all that is going on.

Speech,

Sperare

gems
size
build
player
05-15-2013, 07:11 PM

She lay there with eyes closed, enjoying the warmth from the sun. It was nice knowing she could finally relax, not having to worry a single bit. And as she lay there she turned onto her side, stretching her legs out as far as they would go, but a voice caused her to suddenly jump. Sperare's legs went all over the place, scrambling to lift herself up. She had not been expecting somebody, and so it was a surprise, even more because she did not catch anothers' scent in the air.

She tried calming herself down though, taking a deep breath and clearing her throat, straightening herself out. She was about to introduce herself but then the male spoke, speaking her name with a confused look on his face. For a moment she was confused as to how he already knew her name, surely Gargoyle had not told the pack yet of their newest member.

And yet, she found him to be oddly familiar. Never before had she seen a wolf with such markings, it was very strange to her and unusual but the longer she stood there looking over every inch of his body, the more it came to her. This wolf, this wolf was.... Oxia! Brother! She yelled, her voice full of relief yet holding some pain. She had thought he was dead, that day Sperare and their mother were taken away, Oxia and νύχτα laying there as if dead.

Her body was trembling and once his name left her lips she was running to him, paws drummed against the ground, small, thin frame racing to him. Since she had just joined this lands she was still quite thin, ribs showing and coat matted in spots. She did not think about it though, right now she was focused on her brother who she thought she had lost so long ago. Oxia! I... I thought you were dead! She whined, pressing her face into his neck, pressing into his body, taking in his scent, his warmth.

Oxia

gems
size
build
player
05-15-2013, 07:25 PM

Oxia watched as his sister sat there looking at him, just as shocked as he was. His eyes looked over his younger sister, she was thin, very thin. This concerned Oxia, since she was small as it is already. His attention was drawn from his mind and back at his sister who was running at him. She spoke saying she thought he was dead, and frankly he thought the same thing for her. She nuzzled his neck she barley came up to half of him, she was small. Oxia lowered his head and nuzzled his sister back, his tough came out and slid across her head. He was happy to see her.

He did not speak much just looked over his sister, this was all dream like. He then begun to clean her up a bit, remove the matted hair and dirt that had been on her blond pelt.
"I thought the same for you sister. I tried to fight them off the best i could but i was weak then. No matter you are here now, and safe that is all that matters." He said as she continued to clean her off. He had missed her so much, and now that she was back Oxia would not let anything happen to her again. He had gotten much bigger and stronger since that day.

He had finished cleaning her off, her fur looked much better, but it showed even more as to how slender she was. You could tell by the look in his eyes that he was full of sorrow for her.
"Sister, why are you so slender, what happened to you." He said looking into her eyes. He could still see the terror and fear with in her, oh how he wished that he could have helped her then, and saved her then none of this would have happened.

Speech,

Sperare

gems
size
build
player
05-15-2013, 07:45 PM

Oh how she missed Oxia, the days when they were just pups playing together. She missed those days, the times she had nothing to worry about, just whether her brothers would wrestle with her or not, protect her from the nasty bugs. She sighed as his tongue ran over her head, a shiver running down her spine. And within moments he went from her head to cleaning her, getting the dirt and matts out of her coat, trying to get her looking decent. She didn't resist either, just let him do it. But then after a few moments he spoke up, saying he also thought she was dead and that he tried to fight the wolves off the best he could but he was weak. She shook her head at this, she had never thought he was weak. He also told her that it didn't matter now, she was here and safe, then continued to clean her off.

Once he finished Sperare caught his gaze, looking over her body, most likely realizing now how thin she was. Him knowing caused her to become uncomfortable, a leg crossing over the h=other and her head lowering to the ground. She didn't like him seeing her like this, she was already the smallest of the siblings and looked eve smaller in the condition she was in. Her ears perked up though she he asked why she was so slender, asking what happened to her.

She didn't bother lifting her head, what she was about to tell him she wasn't too proud of. I... was able to escape where I was being held, but, I had pups with me. Her head turned to the side, her tail tucking between her legs. I hunted what I needed for myself but I gave most of the meals to them, until we were separated from one of my pups... Where I was being held the women were not allowed to leave the camp, and so I did not learn how to properly hunt. It was very hard to provide for me and my pup, the both of us were lucky to come across Gargoyle not that long ago.

Oxia

gems
size
build
player
05-15-2013, 08:09 PM

Oxia sat down next to his sister, His eyes were soft and gently as he saw her get low and all upset as to what has become of her. He listened to her talk about why she was this way. Ears perked up as she mentioned pups, yes as of more than one. He looked at his sister with a blank look upon him. Oxia was stunned, he did not know what to say on that but she needed his comfort.

Oxia nuzzled his muzzle under her head and raised her head up to look at him. He closed his eyes and rubbed up on her, he was upset as to how she managed to do this all on her own."Sperare it is ok, i will help you with the babies and i am sure that gargoyle will help also. This pack is a family unit and we all make sure that everyone here is doing well."He said as he licked his baby sister.

"I will want to meet my nieces and nephews some day Sperare. So what are the little tike's names, how old are they?" He said with his tail wagging showing that he was excited to meet them. He would be the fun, yet strict uncle, and Oxia could not ask for anything more.

Speech,

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
05-15-2013, 08:54 PM

[Image: gargie_recokoning_by_kidrylm_writer-d63xnxj.png]

~*~

Gargoyle had wanted to see that his wife was settled once more in the pack cave - and that the deer they had so skillfully hunted found it's way into the bellies of his pack mates, but then he went back to search out Sperare. She had said that her other child was missing, and he was more than ready to help look for it.

But his legs froze when he came to the clearing in the woods and saw the pair of odd colored wolves hugging. He heard the last snatch of words. Nieces and nephews.... The Chief toted up the math in a heartbeat. He hadn't only been sheltering a phantom of his past when he took in Sperare... He'd orchestrated the reunion of a brother and sister!

Gargoyle should've been happy. But he wasn't. His first instinct was, selfishly, to worry. For one single beat, his heart was filled with dread. But it died away and it's spasm was gone. That this snip of a she-wolf could cause him such alarm was ridiculous, at one point he would've been disgusted with such a thing and killed her immeidately. But he wasn't that wolf anymore. He wasn't. And the last thing he wanted was that past life being drug up. If Oxia was indeed her brother - he would have questions. Sperare would have answers. Oxia would have rage and more questions. For all Gargoyle knew, Sperare would relinquish and tell all. What reason had she to shelter his half demon she knew only as a monster? As the Mob King's most favored executioner?

In the darkest corner of his mind, some wet, dripping voice whispered, "If you had been stronger at the border - if you had killed her - there would be no threat now to the life you've built." How right that voice seemed for a moment. But the moment passed in a whirl of self-fury. What good was his current life if he had to shame it with sinless blood? No. No! He refused to think like that again.

He had done the right thing. It was proof that he was a better creature. With this oath beating in his chest, he stepped foward calmly into the sight of the two wolves who seemed to have some deep connection. "Am I interrupting something?" he rumbled as calmly as ever.

~*~

Sperare

gems
size
build
player
05-15-2013, 09:11 PM

She did not resist his touch, him lifting her head to look at him. Blue orbs looked into his own, closing as his did, returning his touch. His words were able to soothe her, his voice. Oh how she missed him so much, and thought she did not think of him directly all this time, because of what was going on and her pups, she still thought of him in her heart, wondering what became of him and Vuxta. He tried to calm her though, telling her that he would help with the children and so would Gargoyle, telling her that this pack was like a family and they made sure they were all doing well. That was good to hear and it warmed her heart.

She reopened her eyes as he licked her, a small smile forming on her black lips as she looked up at him. An ear perked up as he continued on, telling her he would like to meet his nieces and nephews, well, niece and nephew. Of course he would see them, he absolutely had to! He then asked for their names and the smile only softened as she rubbed her cheek against his. Your nephew's name is Iniko, and your niece is-

Sperare was about to tell Oxia his niece's name and let him know she was separated from them but a voice suddenly cut her off. Blue orbs pulled away from her brother, focusing on the source of the voice, Gargoyle. The shewolf dipped her head to him in greeting, casting a glance at her brother quickly before looking back to the large male. Just a little reunion. She spoke softly, sitting up beside her brother, her tail brushing against him. It is quite surprising to find Oxia here, it's almost like Iniko was meant to run up to you and your mate. A smile was on her lips as she said this, a new found warmness radiating from her, as if the events from earlier didn't happen.

Oxia

gems
size
build
player
05-16-2013, 10:29 AM

Oxia smiled at his sister as she spoke their names. The name Iniko and she begun to say his niece's name but then she stooped for some reason. This confused Oxia just a bit, did his sister forget her own daughter's name what is going on here. He was about to speak when Gargoyle spoke and came closer to them. He spoke as if he was not meant to be here, this was strange, his chief was acting a bit strange around them. Oxia did not think anything of it, he only knew Gargoyle as he is now and the events that are about to unfold will change his view of his chief completely.

"Hello Gargoyle, yes just a simple reunion. So her pup ran up to you're wife, and that is how you met. Well i am glad that it happened, i have my sister back now." He turned to Sperare "So sister have you joined Glaciem? Or thought of it at all." he said as he looked from his sister then back to Gargoyle.

Oxia smiled at him "Thanks for helping her out, but she mentioned only one pup running up to your wife. But she mentioned two. What happened to my niece?" He spoke as he stood there waiting for answers. Oxia needed to know what was going on, he was left in the dark at this point in time and he did not like this one bit.

Speech,

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
05-16-2013, 11:07 AM

[Image: gargie_recokoning_by_kidrylm_writer-d63xnxj.png]

~*~

It wasn't easy watching all this transpire. It seemed that two reactions battled for supremacy within him - a mistrust and a gentle happiness. Such polar opposites were the curse of his bloodline. It was possible that he had set in motion, some sort of trouble. But he had always been one to walk on thin ice, and it was his strength that made him remain as collected as ever. If fate destined him for a fall, no matter, he would walk straight and proud up until the moment the ground crumbled from beneath his paws.

As it was, Sperare's words went towards calming him. There was no look of fear or suspicion or malice in her. Even her words conveyed what manner of the story she would tell. Seemed she would remain grateful and keep to the unspoken promise that Gargoyle had risked. She knew that to speak would only bring unhappiness to the family that had offered her shelter - and would put the lives of her own family at risk to the wilds of the homeless wilderness once more. The brute gave no indication of either disease or relief, but he could see that the two were eager to continue on with their conversation

"Your sister, has, no doubt, had her share of trials as a lone mother. It is good that she has you." Whether he spoke of death or love, his tone changed little, such was Gargoyle's character, and yet only a wolf who knew him little would mistake his manner for coldness. "Oxia, as my you are my Beta, I leave the handling of a search party in your paws. Do what you need, take as a many as the braves as you wish. You might ask Rogue for help, that mutt has a nose like none other." Of course Gargoyle wanted to help himself, but he understood that with this new reunion it was natural for the brother - the man of their immediate family - to want to do something, to wish for action. Gargoyle was only too happy to give him such a mission and looked forward to seeing him prove himself.

~*~

Sperare

gems
size
build
player
05-16-2013, 12:09 PM

Sperare lifted a paw from the ground and wiped some little tears that managed to escape her eyes, she didn't like doing it but she just couldn't help but cry. When it happened she felt so weak, so lost, always bringing unpleasant feelings to her body. Thankfully though the feeling was going away, being replaced by calmness and warmth. Ears perked up as her brother spoke, smiling at him when he brought her up, looking to Gargoyle when Oxia started talking again but then back to her brother as she realized he was talking to her.

I have not really joined Brother, Gargoyle has offered me to stay here until I figure out what I want to do once Iniko and me have regained our strength. She explained to him, then turning to Gargoyle as Oxia thanked him for helping her out. But then he brought up the pup, her other child. Ears pulled back on her head as he asked what happened to his niece, her head turning away, looking down at her paws.

She did not want to answer his question, didn't want to tell him she had failed as a mother to watch over and protect both her children. She felt pathetic for it, like she didn't deserve to have Iniko since they had become separated from Seraphiel. Gargoyle's voice however broke her thoughts, brought her back to reality. Her ears swiveled forward to catch what he said, gaze going back and forth between the two males. Then the Chief had said something that surprised her, Oxia was his beta. A smile instantly formed on her lips and she lifted to look at her brother with a proud look, he had become a beta, it was wonderful!

I am really grateful for this Gargoyle, it means a lot to me. She spoke up, dipping her head to him out of respect. She was truly grateful for him taking her in and giving up his wolves to help her search for her lost child. Your niece's name is Seraphiel, she is russet colored with a black stripe along her back, her left foreleg is black and has my eyes. She would not be too hard to miss. She added, looking to her brother, hopefully they would be able to find her daughter, and that she would be safe and not hurt.

Oxia

gems
size
build
player
05-16-2013, 03:48 PM

Oxia listened as Gargoyle mentioned a search party, and him leading the party. His ears shot up and he was ready to look right now. Oxia new that his sister needed food and he would make sure she had her fill before he went out on the search. Gargoyle mentioned Rouge, the brute had a great nose on him and it would be wise to ask him to accompany him on the search. "Yes indeed i will ask Rouge to accompany me on this."

Oxia turned to his sister and nuzzled her small frail body a bit. He rested his head on her's for a few minutes before moving back a bit and beginning to speak "I promise you i will find Seraphiel. First you need to eat your fill if you are going to provide for Iniko better my sister." Oxia turned to Gargoyle "Gargoyle would you mind accompanying me in taking down a medium sized prey fro my sister to eat her fill on."

He stood there and looked at the others, Oxia needed to make sure his sister was doing well before he went on the search. Yes his niece was important, but if he found her and her mother had grown so ill and weak that she could not provide for the pups it would not be much help. His tail swayed gently as he stood there waiting for the others to respond to him.

Speech,

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
05-24-2013, 07:37 PM

~*~

(ooc: sorry this took me so long!)

To Sperare... Gargoyle could say nothing. Words didn't mean enough. There were too many thoughts going through his head. Yet, even though there was nothing to be read in his features, the inner truth was that he was impressed. A home and a sense of shelter and family were all this lady had needed to turn her from a desperate, snapping she-dog, to a sweet and grateful den-mother. But then - why was he surprised? Those same things had done him a world of good too.

His thoughts were drawn away by Oxia's words, though.

A hunt? Well that sounded just fine. Perfect thing to get Gargoyle's paws moving and blood pumping and mind set back into it's usual grove. The Alpha responded to the male's suggestion with a nod of ascent. He was already shifting those giant legs of his and moving once more towards the edge of the timber clearing. "There are always mountain goats to be found in the valley this time of day." He was ready to go as soon as Oxia had said his farewell.

~*~

~Don't want to let you down, but I am H.e.l.l.b.o.u.n.d.~

Sperare

gems
size
build
player
05-24-2013, 09:37 PM
ooc: Short post is crappy.

Her ear swiveled towards Oxia when he mentioned a name to accompany him on his search and closed her eyes when he had turned to and nuzzled her. She was happy to have found her brother, after being gone from each other for so long, she could finally have a burden lifted off her shoulders. Unfortunately though there was still some weight there, that weight being Seraphiel. Until they found her she would not be able to fully rest in peace. And even if she wasn't alive, Sperare would feel a little better by at least finding her remains.

Oxia had pulled away from her, blue eyes following him. He spoke up, promising that he would find Seraphiel. Sperare's heart nearly jump up into her throat as a look of relief washed over her features, tail wagging behind her. Her eyes had gone wide, jaw nearly dropping, wanting so bad to tackle her brother to the ground. She held herself though, Oxia was family, so she shouldn't have been so surprised. HE told her that she needed to eat her fill if she wanted to provide for Iniko, causing her to give a nod of her head.

The shewolf pushed herself up onto all four legs, tail swinging behind her as her gaze shifted back and forth from Oxia and Gargoyle. She was very grateful for him letting her in after lashing out like she did, had he not allowed her to join Glaciem, she would not have been reunited with her brother. She would have gone back to her life, struggling to provide for herself and her child.

Oxia

gems
size
build
player
05-26-2013, 06:51 AM

Oxia looked at His sister and gave her a nuzzle. He was going to head out to get food for her with gargoyle. "We will be right back, you just stay here and rest some more ok." Oxia spoke as he turned to Gargoyle. Now this was time to make up for all of that lost time he had missed with his sister. First he needed to make sure she was healthy and good to stub stain her self.

Oxia turned to Gargoyle and gave him a slight smile. "Ok let's go." Most of this venture to hunt was to get food for his sister but part of it was going to find out what Gargoyle was hiding. The brute was doing pretty well to hide what he was thinking, well feeling, but Oxia knew that the Chief was not himself when he approached the two of them.

As they got a bit of a distance between them Oxia looked at Gargoyle and spoke. "Thanks for helping me with this hunt, but i can't help but notice that you were not your self back there. It looked like you were hiding something Gargoyle."Oxia looked at the brute, still did not stop walking at all.

Speech,

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
05-26-2013, 07:38 AM

~*~

The brute nodded in Sperare's direction, and took his leave. His ear flicked in recognition of the Beta's words. Time to go; the wolf hitched up his legs into a lope and went tearing off into the trees.

He wasn't allowed much leg room though, before Oxia, coming up alongside was talking and slowing to a walk. The male's words succeeded in wringing the most emotional display that Gargoyle had had in hours: a raise of his right brow.

The weird thing was, he was stoic by nature, not exactly by choice. He didn't hide his emoitons behind a mask or facade, he just naturally didn't show them most of the time. Normally this was a plus, most of the time there was simply nothing to read. But every wolf had his tell, and apparently Gargoyle did too. He glanced his Beta over. He'd chosen him for the post thanks to his uncanny ability to keep pace, apparently he was also keen at analyzing face. Maybe Frisk was right. Maybe he was some sort of mushroom spirit.

After his cursory glance Gargoyle looked away and towards the trees. "Who isn't hiding something?" the brute rumbled. To give too much of answer was to dig up past that would be painful to all three of them - and that was putting it lightly. But to give not enough would only frustrate the wolf who he was supposed to be able to depend on. "Just thinking that's all. Miss Sperare reminds me of someone that I used to know - someone I really don't like. But it doesn't matter anymore; My ghosts stay in the ground." There wouldn't be a poker player alive who could catch a tell in the wolf's face now - mainly because he didn't need one. He was telling the truth, every word of it. It was just a bit cryptic, that's all.

The last sentence, however, was more than a statement, it was a request for the matter to be left alone. Besides, now wasn't a time for Oxia to be worrying over Gargoyle, it was a time for him to rejoicing over his sister.

A swirl of wind came down from on high. Goat. Clear as day. Gargoyle's shoulders churned into a prowl, watching his step. Even from hundreds of yards away, those crafty devil-hoofed things could sense predators.

~*~

Sperare

gems
size
build
player
05-26-2013, 10:53 AM
ooc: Let me know hen the boys come back, until then you guys can skip my turns.

She smiled at her brothers nuzzle, returning one to him. We will be right back, you just stay here and rest some more okay. Ears had perked up when he spoke, giving a nod of her head, she would remain here until he got back, try to relax, even though she had a whole season to do that and regain her strength. Watching her brother and Gargoyle leave, the female could not help but smile as she went over what had happened, the opportunity the large male had given her. Not only would Iniko have a place to call home for a bit, to regain his strength and make friends, but Sperare was reunited with her brother who would be organizing a search party to look for her missing daughter. The first time since she was a pup, Sperare was happy. And so with this she lowered herself to the ground, forepaws crossing over each other before laying her head on them. Thank you Gargoyle... She thought with a smile, eyelids slowly closing.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Oxia

gems
size
build
player
06-01-2013, 10:17 AM

Oxia listened to Gargoyle talk about what was wrong, he spoke little of the situation. Oxia listened to the brute and Oxia agreed with him, it was true We all had out secrets, and what is in the past it stays that way. "Ok Gargoyle, Ok. I understand."He said as he continued to walk, His blue eyes scanned the land for a goat, or something that they can take down.

Oxia soon saw Gargoyle go into Prowl mode, Oxia looked and saw the Goat that he was looking at. Oxia's shoulder's hunched in to a prowl just like Gargoyle. he followed Gargoyle's lead, watching his step and keeping quiet. His ears went from down upon his head to up and listening for any string from the goat. Oxia moved Slowly, but swiftly. He looked at Gargoyle, and gave him a nod to let him know that he was going to go to the left and take on the goat from the other side.

His tail swayed gently as he creped closer to the goat. This was going to be a good meal for his sister and he was ready to get this goat and take it down. his ears pinned to his head and teeth bared. He did not make any noise, so the goat did not get startled and they can take him down fairly quickly.

Speech,

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-07-2013, 11:56 AM

~*~

Gargoyle watched his Beta slink off to the left. The matter was passed. The moment gone. The Glaciem Chief could carry forward with the life he had worked so hard to achieve. And with that, his mind set itself to work upon hunting - something he could do almost as second nature now. His ears pinned, his step lightened, his shoulders hunched and rolled with smooth, supple movement. Just because Gargoyle was the size of a bear, didn't mean he had to lumber like one.

Yellow eyes zeroed in on the foremost caprine - a shaggy white buck just begining to creep into it's twilight years, but still with plenty of meat on it's gones. Oxia seemed to be getting near position. Time for Gargoyle to do his part.

With a silent snarl, the Timber cross came shooting out from behind a craggy boulder - whipping in the ground in a fury of strides that closed the remainder of distance in a heartbeat. The goat by now had bleated in dumb terror and spun round, but Gargoyle's pounce landed on it's hind quarters and the sheer weight alone was enough to bear the goat to the ground. Gargoyle's fangs were already snapped like a steel trap upon the tail end of the creature's spine. His claws tore into the meat of the haunch, partly for grip, partly to keep those siccor like hind-hooves away. He only half succeeded, an espically sharp side kick found it's way into the center of his chest with enough power to make audible a resounding WHACK. But Gargoyle's form remained unflinching, the goat's fore legs scrambled, but it's hind end was down - not for long though if Gargoyle's hunting partner didn't swing in.

~*~