ardent

The youth is naive , wisdom is what we need.

Ulrike

gems
size
build
player
05-13-2013, 02:54 PM

This change with the new leaders had sent many things in to play. Somethings that he knew that others would not be happy with. Not at all, and Ulrike needed to address this to Desdemona. His tail swayed gently as he stood there thinking about what he would say to her. Yes, Ulrike knew that there was others in Tortuga who had no chance in defeating the youth, well not one that is a huge chance. his black eyes gazed across the land Ulrike soon raised his head to the sky and let out a summons for Desdemona.

Ulrike lowered his head this was it, he could no longer put this off. The idea of a competition was a good one, he gave her that, but members like Secret and himself would not be able to gain their rank back through fighting or what not. Secret and himself work hard to get the rank they once held, and he would be damned that some immature youth would take that under him. He stood there and waited for the female to arrive.

Speech,

Desdemona

gems
size
build
player
05-13-2013, 04:10 PM

Desdemona had anticipated the after party, she assumed there would be many who would wish to speak to her privately, about their own matters, or the problems that arose for her. She imagined stripping everyone of their rank wouldn't go over well, but it was fair. She would make Tortuga do something it hadn't done in quite some time...work. Despite there views on her announcement of a potential treaty, it needed to happen, Tortuga was too small, too inexperienced to be engaged in combat. Not with a pack that large and potentially sporting allies and she would be more than happy to explain that to anyone who dared approach her. The call came swiftly, from a wolf she had seen many times but had never actually had the pleasure of meeting.

Her legs would propel her heavy set bodice forward, a steady trot as she glided through the terrain. She was massive, built like a tank with thick muscle and a heavy structure. She bottomed out at a massive forty-two inches and weighed thirty pounds shy of two hundred. She could toss her weight around quite well. She would glide to a halt before the male, two toned eyes zeroing in on him. She would dip her head in a polite greeting. her eyes glazing as she looked at the male before her. "You called for me?" Her tones were powerful, but gentle. She wasn't trying to intimidate him.

Speech,

Ulrike

gems
size
build
player
05-13-2013, 06:49 PM

It wasn't long before his call was answered. He watched as she made her way to him. She showed professionalism and he liked that about her. Ulrike waited for her to get closer and speak before he made his words. She greeted him with a professional, yet friendly bow, Quite pleasing and the Brute returned the bow to her. That was only right in situations such as this. She spoke it was short and straight to the point.

Ulrike looked at the dame, he was impressed as to what she was doing. He did not have any complaints except one. "Yes i did call you Desdemona. I will not waste your time in sugar coding what i have to say. I think that your idea of a competition to gain rank is wise, but there are some in the pack who may have a chance against the youth. For example Secret and my self have worked out tails to the bone to get to the position that we were at. A lot of proofing to the Alpha that we can do this job, keep the pack fed, safe and so forth. And i think both Secret and my self have been doing a good job at that. I will be damned that some inexperienced, naive pup takes my place. Please excuse my language, but i mean what i say. I can fight, and hunt no problem, but only for a short amount of time, if both are required to do at the same time. See miss i am getting up in age any my hind left leg that i broke so long ago, is not being to kind to my self. All i am asking is that the elder wolves with severe injuries caused from life, have a very high disadvantage in this games. I see that you are doing this because the wolves of Tortuga have been lazy." He paused for a bit to catch himself.

"And miss i see that a lot now. But don't forget us older wolves, who actually worked to get the rank we held before you took place as Alpha." Ulrike had finished what he had to say. He hoped to god that she understood him, if not he would be damned that all he worked for goes to some young pup who has been in this world no more than four years. She better see that keeping those who had gained so many wounds in helping keep this pack thriving.

Speech,

Desdemona

gems
size
build
player
05-14-2013, 02:56 PM

Desdemona would watch, her two toned eyes studying the wolf before her with something akin to indifference. Neither openly welcome, nor dismissive, her eyes would remain neutral, awaiting whatever discrepancy he would have with her. She imagined most of these conversation would be held with outrage rather than establishing the character of herself but she was willing to take it, such an abrupt, complete swap in power was sure to make some uneasy wolves, but she was open and willing to meet with anyone who wished approach, she imagined this would be only one of many.

She would listen to his words, glancing at the limb he mentioned, nodding her head to show that she was listening. A hum would rumble up through her vocals, hardly audible, once he had finished as she sat for only a moment to contemplate her response. She would toss her head to the side, motioning for him to join her. "Walk with me." Desdemona had never enjoyed standing still, she preferred to move and speak, hopefully the male would be willing. She waited until he had fallen into step beside her before speaking.

"Do not fret Ulrike, I have not forgotten you or anyone else that have been loyal to Tortuga even before I joined its ranks. My intention is not, nor will it ever be to cause any of you harm. I merely place a tournament to determine my betas. Strength, honor, respect, I'm looking for much more than just a test of skill. I'm looking to see how the wolves of Tortuga handle themselves, how they treat their fellow comrades. If your leg causes you grief, you needn't compete unless you would like too. I refuse to be so cruel." She would pause, allowing him a moment to absorb her words. "What rank did you hold before my reign?"

Speech,

Ulrike

gems
size
build
player
05-14-2013, 06:56 PM

Looking at the dame, Ulrike could see that she understood where he was coming from. He stood there waiting for her to speak, and once she did her words were a simple "walk with me". She said and Ulrike nodded a simple agreement that he would not mind taking a walk.

Ulrike calmly stride next to her with a slight limp. This was small but surely others did noticed it.Ulrike knew that a lot of other wolves, younger ones mostly, thought that he was weak due to his leg. That never bothered him though, he knew that they were just young and still had time to grow.

His full attention went to the dame who had begun to speak.He listened to her and waited for her to complete what she was saying. He was pleased as to what she was talking about.Once she was done talking Ulrike turned to her and spoke."I am pleased that you had not forgotten about us. As to the competition thing, this is wise i give you that, I agree that the most loyal should hold the ranks in the higher tiers. As to me participating, i would like to do so. I held the rank of Shirei before you came to power, I will participate, but i need to know that even if i don't get anything higher that my old rank, i would like the minimum for me to get is Shirei. I see that this might not be fair to the younger wolves in the pack, but i worked hard to where i am i will not take anything lower." Ulrike looked at Desdemona and spoke once more.

"I really hope that you take up me on my offer that i just proposed." Ulrike stopped talking at that point, now he was waiting for what the dame had to say on this matter. He only saw it fair. Hopefully she did as well.

Speech,

Desdemona

gems
size
build
player
05-14-2013, 09:06 PM

The brute would fall easily into step beside her and this, at least, pleased the Vecaan. She thought better when her blood was pumping, allowing her to move freely and without inhibition. Her words no matter how blunt, seemed to earn a hint of his respect. She was glad he had come to her, she did not wish to be perceived as ruthless, nor cruel. If her subjects, the souls she had now sworn to protect were handicapped in anyway, she would wish to know. She needed their strengths and their weaknesses.

His words would surprise her, but she was quick to mask it, he had been a lead hunter? With a poor leg? She understood where he was coming from, and she could understand his wish to remain an important player in this pack, but she had an easy solution to such a problem, a solution she had given hint too in the pack meeting. His words were mildly hostile and her gaze would narrow, but no other sign of displeasure would mar her features.

"You ask for a respected, honorable rank. A rank looked up to, modeled after by the rest of this pack. I am not beyond reason but my decisions for hosting this tournament is quite simple. We are viewed as weak, insipid, and unworthy of even being spat upon, that only changes through meticulous planning and proof of our dedication. Kaien and Morphine have left this pack in disarray and on the brink of war. I intend to change that. I cannot guarntee you such a high rank, but you needn't prove yourself in combat to earn the title back. Once I decide my seconds, there will be a series of... games shall we call them, to help me place the rest of Tortuga into appropriate positions of power. Fishing, hunting, agility, speed, endurance... Whoever impresses Nnoitra and myself the most will be given the lead positions. However... I appreciate your loyalty and your dedication to Tortuga, and even if you do not reinherit your position, I will honor these qualities and offer you a rank that commends them. Does that suffice for now?"

Speech,

Ulrike

gems
size
build
player
05-14-2013, 09:37 PM

Ulrike noticed the narrowing of he gaze, he knew that his words were a bit hostile, but that is who he was. He showed respect to those in power and who earned it also. Ulrike walked beside her and listened to her speak, her words did make him a bit concerned, but she did assure him that his loyalty to this pack would not go unnoticed. He liked that, and he wold take that as a very good thing.

He waited for her to finished speaking.
"Desdemona, i admire what you are doing to help this pack. It is true, everyone else sees Tortuga as a joke. That upsets me very much. I will stand by your side to make this pack thrive once more. As for the rank thing, i am glad that my loyalty and dedication to this pack will not go in vane." Ulrike looked at the dame then spoke once more
"As i told you about my leg before. It may bother me when i walk, but hunting and anything that has to do with running it has no effect on me at all."

Ulrike could not help but think that this contest should include maturity as well for the ranks.
"I was also thinking that you might want to include the maturity level along with the others. Someone might be strong good fighter hunter, and all that stuff, but if you don't have someone who is level headed and can think things through properly, that could end up causing more harm the help.I am not telling you what to do my friend, it is a suggestion, i want to see this pack back to it's former glory as you do."

Speech,

Desdemona

gems
size
build
player
05-15-2013, 03:27 AM

If nothing more from her subjects, she would demand respect. She would not tolerate blatant disregard of her person or of Nnoitra's, the foundation for everything began on a mutual of trust and respect. So far, not a single line had fallen from her jowls, not a single trick had escaped her. Everything she had spoken still rang true. She needed strong, powerful leaders, but they needed to be honest and respectful of her or such a relationship, such a bond would never work. She could not be Queen if she instigated such falsities. Her bodice swung from side to side as he took a moment to contemplate her words, she would allow him this, she had time, she always would when it came to her people.

His words seemed to do a one eighty, traveling from demanding and biting to thankful and complimentary. She was glad that her ideals and her visions for Tortuga were understood and seen for more than just a thirst for power, she wanted Tortuga, to expand, to grow into the impressive numbers it once held and she would do everything in her power to see as such done. "Thank you, for both the kind words and your loyalty. It tis refreshing to know that my ideals have not been completely unread. I appreciate your honesty." The dames head would dip slightly, humbly accepting his praise. Her smile would broaden slightly at such an admission and she would chuckle softly. "Than I am certain you will excel in what Nnoitra and I have planned."

His final words, he had offered her his opinion and nothing more, she would not take offense and instead a soft, barely there smile would curl her maw. "I am looking for much more in this tournament and these games than just a test of skill. I'm looking for honor, dignity, respect, the way they treat one another and handle the situation both before and after the fact is over. I have factored such things into my decisions, but I thank you all the same for your advice."

Speech,

Ulrike

gems
size
build
player
05-15-2013, 07:04 PM

Ulrike looked at the dame and nodded as she told him that she is also looking for those qualities. He was pleased as to how she was handling things in situations such as this.Ulrike soon found himself growing upon this new alpha. She seemed to know what she was doing and that pleased Ulrike. He wanted the future generations to grow up in a pack that is respected not laughed at.

Ulrike looked at the dame and smiled."I am glad to hear that, and i give you the best of luck with everything. Remember if you ever need my assistance just give me a howl and i will be there to help." Ulrike said as he walked gently beside the female.

He stopped and turned to Desdemona "It was a lovely chat, and i thank you for listening. We should just have a time to catch up over a hunt or something. Of course after all of this settles down."

Speech,

Desdemona

gems
size
build
player
05-16-2013, 10:20 AM

She glided beside Ulrike, she didn't know much about her pack or its members... yet, but she intended to learn. She wanted them to approach her, to seek her out. There would some, she knew, that would take their sweet time but she was glad that some at least had the gall to approach her. She wasn't as heartless as she seemed, or at least she tried not to be. She showed little emotion and her tones did not often change but her words were honest and true. She would never brazenly lie to one of her members. Ulrike spoke once more and she dipped her head in silent thanks.

"I thank you for your willingness, I know this may seem like a lot of changes in a very short period of time, but hopefully they will be for the better." he would stop and so would she, his words would bring a gentle, barely there smile across her maw and she would smile, albeit incredibly small, but a smile never-the-less. "It has been a pleasure to formally meet you Ulrike and it would be honor to attend a hunt with you sometime in the near future... until next time."

-exit Desdemona unless stopped-

(((OOC: This seemed like a good place to end the thread, we can do a hunting thread after the game/tournament if you would like.)))

Speech,

Ulrike

gems
size
build
player
05-16-2013, 02:31 PM

Giving a slight bow Ulrike spoke "And same with you, see you then Desdemona."His voice was calm and his tail swayed gently as he turned around and exited the area. The next time they are to meet will be when all this change begin to settle down.
[Exit Ulrike]

OOC: Sounds good to me

Speech,