Kaala

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-07-2013, 11:29 AM

Kaala walked into the battlefield. A slight breeze tugging her black fur. Her pads were sore from her long journey and she sat to rest them. As she looked the pain away, she heard a faint howling in the distance. How wonderful it would be to have a family again, she thought to herself longingly.

Speech,

Ulrike

gems
size
build
player
05-07-2013, 12:39 PM

The old brute made his way upon the battle fields once more. He was looking to claim some more members for the pack.His black eyes scanned the area in search of anyone near by. The flick of his tail he carried himself closer to the female that he had picked up the scent earlier. Soon she came into his view, she was a potential pack member and maybe friend. Ulrike walked closer to the dame and gave a slight greeting."Hello there mis, i am Ulrike,from Tortuga. What brings you to this part of the lands if i may ask? He said in his calm voice.

Ulrike knew that others would try to claim her, but he was determined to gain this one for his pack. His black eyes looked unusually kind today, and Ulrike was in a good mood too. He stood there waiting for the dame to respond to him. He was not looking for a fight, the old brute did not get into many fights now a day,. but if he had to he would gladly fight to gain this female, if she is looking to join a pack.

Speech,

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
05-07-2013, 12:57 PM

[Image: gargie_recokoning_by_kidrylm_writer-d63xnxj.png]

~*~

Under the grey autumn sky, the monster moved across the landscape. An almost overpowering scent of snow and ice and pine still clung to his fur despite the many miles already tread underfoot that day. He could not afford to leave his pack long without his guidance, so, even when his heart yearned to keep running til his paws bled, he had to limit himself. The Battlefeild was of course the first place he'd thought to look. So many different types come here. Everything from poisonous assassins, to friendly she-wolfs, to vetrans like himself. There was a good chance he'd pick up the scent of the wolf who had killed his packmate.

But the hours had ticked by... and nothing had showed up. Nothing. The unknown male probably hadn't even come that way.

With a hoarse exhale, Gargoyle sank his haunches down. It was... disheartening. Oh to heck with that! It was infuriating! It made him want to kill something!

A low growl drew itself from his throat. But it was directed inwards. No, he couldn't let himself get any more emotional that he already was. It was too dangerous. He would find Asheni's killer, and he would receive justice for his family, but there was no telling how long that would take. And if he let himself get too wrapped up in all this chaos, he would only suffer for it. The best thing he could do for his pack was remain strong and carry on. He was Chief. Alpha. When all others mourned, he had to keep rational and stiff shouldered.

With yellow-gold eyes as lifeless as ever, he strode on. He had only an hour or so more, then he'd need to make the return journey. He hated that. Well, not completely, it was always a blessing to return home to his siblings and his wife and their children; It was just the returning empty-handed that was hard.

But again, stiff shoulders. Carry on.

The Chief almost broke his muzzle with a smirk. It was becoming second nature to him.

He was so focused on finding the one scent that he sought that he rather ignored all others. Trees, grass, stone, blood, wolves of many packs - they all blinked into his mind for a moment before being pushed out. It was with some surprise then, that the giant male found himself suddenly at the edge of grassy clearing looking down on two wolves. The one was a fae. Rogue. And so terribly young, barely more than a yearling. The other was a Tortugan.

Gargoyle's tattered ears shifted backwards. What was going on here? Those ears of his only barely caught the male's words. Apparently it was an introduction. No doubt this male was the equivalent of a Tortugan talent scout. Normally Gargoyle would've turned and passed on by. This was no matter of his. But since becoming a father he was a bit more protective of the young. And since the death of Asheni he was far more averse to the wolves who walked gladly in the darker packs. He knew too well what they were like. He'd once been one of them.

So it was that Gargoyle approached the two at a loose legged trot, made his respectful nods and then said quite casually, "I'd say it's rather obvious, is it not? A she-wolf so young, wandering the Battle lands alone? Whether consciously or not, you seek a place of belonging, do you not, Miss?" Gargoyle rarely ever spoke above a low, quiet, rumble, and it was once in a blue moon that any real feeling made it's way to his tongue, but the very keenest listener might just have heard a sense of gentle worry.

~*~

Kaala

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-07-2013, 02:14 PM

Kaala looked at the two males. From the younger of the two, she detected a hint of kindness and determination. While from the older sold, a sense of worry. She thought for a while before whispering nervously, I am looking for a home to call mine. Kaala stared at her paws nervously. Shifting her weight from shoulder to shoulder.

Speech,

Ulrike

gems
size
build
player
05-08-2013, 12:49 PM

Ulrike noticed that a Glaciem wolf had made his appearance to clame this dame as well. Ulrike listened to the brute speak and he did not mind the male at all. His attention drifted back to the female who showed a bit of nervousness around them. His black eyes softened up as he realized that their presence was making her uneasy. The brute went to father type mode. His posture was a bit more at ease and he spoke softly like he did to his own child."Well there are many good places to make your home. The pack that i live in we are strong and able to protect everyone. Our dens are in between mountains, which gives the pack more security."

Ulrike smiled a bit at the female.There is plenty of food to go around, but it is all up to you as to who you wish to join ma'am." Ulrike was not in the mood for fighting at this point in time. He was more worried about family. He still had a job to do, and he would be more than happy if the dame chose to join Tortuga. Ulrike looked over the female and saw that she was the complete opposite of others in Tortuga. They needed members, but she was only a child, and the evil that lies with in the boarders would most likely scare her half to death.

"But mis, i shall not lie to you. Although Tortuga is strong, and safe, there are some shady characters that lie with in the boarders. I do not wish to submit you to an environment like that with out you knowing what you will be going in to." He knew that with that information she might not choose his pack, but something triggered in him. She was around the same age of his daughter, and she was beginning to grow apart from him.

OOC: XD wow i finally showed a soft part to him XD

Speech,

Kaala

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-09-2013, 10:13 AM

Kaala looked into the older wolves eyes and where there was before a secure confidence, there was now a tang of sympathy. Her haunches relaxed but she did not lower her hackles. Who knew what these strange, powerful males would do. She listened to the wolves offer, and its warning. Would she be able to survive, and strive to help their pack? I'm a fair hunter and fisher and I had some mere battling skills, but would I be able to suffice? Kaala pushed those thoughts away and returned her glance to the wolves. The younger wolf had yet to say anything else since his arrival.

Speech,

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
05-09-2013, 03:47 PM

[Image: gargie_recokoning_by_kidrylm_writer-d63xnxj.png]

~*~

Gargoyle had stood by calm and silent as the Tortugan male spoke. At first his words had irked Gargoyle somewhat. Of course he would paint a rosey picture of his den of murderers. Gargoyle cared about this strange fae's safety yet he had enough dignity and sense to see that any rebuke on his part - any comment that bordered on calling this male, Ulrike, a liar, would seem shallow and out of the blue. Gargoyle's own words had only as weight as the pale fellow's. And frankly, the last thing the Chief wanted was for the meeting to dissolve into some petty squabble upon who's pack was better.

Perhaps he shouldn't have even gotten involved... yet it had been a well meaning interruption, motivated by fatherly stirrings he had little control over...

One can imagine the Chief's surprise, however, when, as the words of the other wolf went on, he detected something of possibly the same motivation.

A Tortugan presenting a portion of truth? Surely this must be the end of the world. Normally Gargoyle would choke this up to merely a ploy - an angle - for were not lies all the more powerful when given a hint of truth? And yet Gargoyle did not detect such a hidden motive. Despite his cynical disposition towards Tortugans, he had a level of respect this male's honesty.

It quieted him for a time. He thought about his next words carefully, seating himself in the grass as he did so.

"If you are not aware of the customs of our land, Miss, I should tell you that Alphas and high ranking pack members have a right to challenge for dominance over wolves. Pack wolves may lay 'claim' to creatures and bring them by force into their packs." He shook his head slightly. "But such has never been a custom I thought very useful. In the end, you must decide what you seek in a home and where you believe you will be most useful." Gargoyle was laying all the cards out on the table. "Have you an inclination towards subtley and spying - or perhaps violence? Then I suggest you choose Tortuga or that new pack, Amenti. If you've a passionate love of the sea, then go south to Seracia. If you prefer to loose yourself in the color and light of a large crowd then you might seek out Valhalla. If you prefer mystery, you might go in search of the pack that I hear dwells in the mangrove swamps. As for my own pack Glaciem, it is only for those wolves who are brave enough to take on all the hardhsips and dangers that our beautiful north can dish out. But we face it as a family, and that, I believe, is what defines us."

He paused, but only a moment past before his drawl continued. "The company which you choose to keep, is a large put of what decides who you will develop into. I wonder which you would choose."

~*~

Kaala

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-09-2013, 04:07 PM

Kaala listened carefully to the wolves words. I'm definitely not the fighting type, although if I have to I would. I do not like keeping secrets, or secrets being kept from me for that matter. Although Kaala fished, she didn't like swimming, so that rules out Tortuga, Amenti,Serecia and this secret pack. Kaala thought about what the wolf said about 'taking claim to creatures'. A shiver ran down her spine thinking about it. Valhalla sounded okay but, she wasn't the one to be the heart of the party. The only pack left was Glaciem, it seemed kind and close. Although life there seemed harsher, Kaala has spent most of her life harshly. Kaala thought for a while longer before saying with confidence, I would like to join Glaciem, if you would accept me... Kaala's voice takes off as her confidence wavered.

Speech,

Ulrike

gems
size
build
player
05-09-2013, 05:06 PM

Ulrike stood ther listining to the Other male speak. He did not, and will not fight for this female, he rather have her choose for her own. So that is what the girl seemed to do, in the end she choose Gargoyle's pack. Ulrike smiled at the child and gave both of them a farewell bow. "I hope you find joy in the life you have chosen, young one." Ulrike then turned to Gargoyle "the youth is the key to a strong pack. Keep her safe, and i bit you a fare well." Ulrike then gave one more bow and proceed on his way. He had not claimed this wolf, but that dose not mean there would not be others.

Exit Ulrike

Speech,

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
05-10-2013, 08:16 AM

[Image: gargie_windswept1_by_kidrylm_writer-d64r02p.png]

~*~

"I would be happy to." Gargoyle murmured in return to the girl's declaration. But at least one ear always remained swiveled towards the tortugan. By lupine law, he would be within his rights to challenge Gargoyle and take the girl by force. Or try to anyway. In which case, Gargoyle would accept such a challenge. He cared about gaining new members for his pack - but he cared more for the freedom of individuals. He would not see such a young soul forced into a pack like Tortuga.

And yet even as Gargoyle thought such a thing, the Tortugan surprised him again. With a few words and a respectful nod of the head, he turned round and departed. Gargoyle, who'd returned the stiff, formal nod, now watched him go with a pale flicker of interest. This scene today might require more thought later on.

For now, however, he returned his attention to the young fae. "I'm afraid I've done you a discourtesy, however. My name is Gargoyle, and I am the Alpha of Galciem, or Chief as we oft say. Might I inquire your name as we walk?" He gestured with a foreleg for them to walk together. He would match whatever pace she set and would walk alongside her. He was curious of this damsel who seemed so trusting of strangers - though to be fair, his case that trust had not been misplaced. But who was she? Where had she come from? Did she really think she had what it took to stand up to the dangers of the North? Well, at least her first steps towards these dangers would be far from alone. From the moment she had agreed to be a part of Glaciem, she had put herself under Gargoyle's protection.

~*~

Kaala

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-10-2013, 09:08 AM

Kaala set off at her normal pace after Gargoyle. My name, good sir is Kaala. Kaala could see the wolf looking at her coat. I assure you, my coat is thick and sufficient for freezing temperatures. She followed Gargoyle, wondering where they were going. An icy wind blew her tail fur, ruffling the carefully groomed hairs. She yawned and sniffed the scenes around her. A few prey smells made her mouth water, but she ignored them and continued to walk with Gargoyle.

Speech,

[B]

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
05-10-2013, 10:36 AM

~*~

"Hmm, well tell me then, Kaala, what sort of a creature are you? Where do you see yourself in a pack?" He didn't ask what skills she already had, for, though she would have to have some in order to survive on her own, she was still very young; if he had to guess, only in her first or second year. As Ulrike had said, the youth were indeed important to every pack - it's heart and hope. Glaciem was lucky enough to have an abundance of young souls, and each one was precious. It meant that Gargoyle's mind was turned towards teaching and lessons and development. In a few seasons that wave of pups would be running around in the snow needing training and direction. It'd be a lot of work, and in truth, he wasn't sure of his ability to handle all of it. Perhaps this young fae had been sent to cross his path for the purpose of preparing him.

~*~

~Don't want to let you down, but I am H.e.l.l.b.o.u.n.d.~

Kaala

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-10-2013, 10:53 AM

I have a small skill in fishing and I enjoy all new life. Kaala continued on walking. The wind was getting stronger and it started to ruffle her pelt further. She sniffed the air again but the wrong had been away all the prey scents that she had smelt minutes ago.

Speech,

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
05-10-2013, 11:11 AM

~*~

The Chief strode along, leading the way as quickly as he could from the Battlefeild. He didn't wish to run into any others looking for a fight. Yet, even so, his nose was half distracted. It was still filtering through scents, searching for the one he'd been seeking earlier. But no. No sign of the murderer. It was for the best though. Gargoyle wished to meet him... but not while in the company of someone who could so easily get caught in the crossfire.

The Battlefeild wasn't too terribly far from Glaciem, but the two wolves did have quite a journey ahead of them. His kingdom of ice and snow was a good days walking, through pine forests and past old stonework ruins, on towards the tundra and over it for many miles.

The two dark pelted travelers would have quite a time to talk and get to know eachother. Gargoyle, who had many miles under his belt, was perfectly willing to make the most of the hours.

"Fishing, hmmm?" he nodded thoughtfully. "No doubt that'll be very useful when it comes time for the salmon run next spring. In the meantime, we'll teach you about the many other forms of prey that can be found in the Far North. Glaciem is lucky enough to be a veritable oasis amidst the ice desert." The wolf was espically proud of it, for the fact that he had scouted out their home himself: spending weeks loping through the frozen wilderness until at least he'd found the patch of heaven.

Gargoyle glanced down once more at his little companion. She was quiet enough - speaking only when spoken to. He wasn't the sort to pry, but when it came to future packmates, he was rather curious. Espically one that was so young. He'd been barely a yearling when he'd had to strike off on his own... but that had been through terrible disaster... and it had killed him. "Kaala, may I ask, how is it that you come to be out here on your own? I hope you won't take it as an insult, but you are rather young."

~*~

Kaala

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-10-2013, 11:56 AM

Horrible visions of her puphood. Hey being cast out by her parents. Alone and helpless. Barely surviving, hunting and scavenging what she could. For seasons she had to find what most take for granted. Water, food, comfort, love. With a sigh she started to speak My puphood was a sad one. When I was just learning to hunt, my parents cast my out. I was alone completely. I meant starved. Luckily, I learned to fish. I wandered for seasons and eventually came here, where you and the other name found me. She finished, still walking.

Speech,

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
05-10-2013, 12:20 PM

~*~

The she-wolf had an odd way of speaking, but Gargoyle understood her well enough. And the explanation she gave was a sad one. Treatment like that, boiled his blood. Gargoyle was no stranger to the darker side of wolves. He'd seen the worst that the lupine kingdom had to offer... but unlike most of the others who'd also walked in those shades, he'd also seen the best. He knew, from an early age, what family was supposed to be: Loving. Patient. Supporting. Every pup comes into the world with no choice but to trust it's parents; no desire but to be loved by them.

To cast one out on their own, unready for the world...

Gargoyle shook his head. "I'm sorry," he murmured. "I know something, of the dangers of being alone at a young age." He moved on, speaking with his eyes on the ever changing ground before him. "I was on my own when I was a yearling." He narrowed his eyes, ears pinning at the memory. "I... I was not kicked out, however... I was-" he stopped off and shook his head. It wasn't wise for him to dwell on the past. Not wise at all. "Suffice to say - we all have our hard ships to overcome if we can." He flicked his tattered ear in her direction. "You see to have done well enough for yourself though."

~*~

Kaala

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-10-2013, 12:50 PM

Thank you, but it wasn't easy at all. Kaala carried on walking, looking at her paws. She lifted her head to smell the scents but surely nothing of utmost importance to her. Kaala saw towering trees in the distance. She sighed and carried on walking, picking up the pace a smidge.

Speech,

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
05-10-2013, 02:03 PM

~*~

There were at the northern edge of the Battlefeild now - passing away into unclaimed lands, delving into the forest that would take them one step closer to what they both could now call home. He didn't follow his earlier trail, however; the one he'd made on the way in was a zigzagging, crooked path that took him by every common gametrail and stream. He chose a straighter road this time - cutting through the wilderness, often having to duck under logs or clear small creeks. Such things were second nature to him, but he made sure to set a pace that Kaala could easily follow.

To her statement that her life had been far from easy, Gargoyle grunted in agreement. He could imagine. "Now, though, you'll be part of a family again," he murmured. His voice was still without any real flavor or tone, but there was a softness to it. "Of course, surrounding yourself with good wolves, doesn't stop the bad things from happening." The monstrous wolf exhaled just loud enough for it to be called a sigh. "But it does make the hardships easier to bear."

"And what you make of your life, will determine how well Glaciem treats you," Gargoyle added. "There are mountains and lakes and forests to explore, there is large game to hunt, wolves to befriend and pups to help sit. You'll just have to find your own niche." That last statement brought back far better memories. His pups would be waiting for him at home. His lovely, round-bellied little troublemakers.

~*~

Kaala

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-10-2013, 02:17 PM

Kaala nodded in recognition. [I] What would these new wolves be like? Would they accept her? Or would they simply ignore her and discard her as if invisible.[I]

She leaped over a fallen tree and sprinted to catch up with Gargoyle. They were emerging from a pine forest. The trees had been protecting her from the harsh winds but now they buffeted get from all sides. She didn't mind though as her pelt was thick year round. How long will we be traveling to Glaciem territory? she asked curiously. A raven cawed above her and flew off in the distance

Speech,

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
05-12-2013, 06:32 AM

~*~

With the last branch of this little pine forest falling away, Gargoyle stepped out into what most wolf's considered the north. The first winds howled down from the distance spires and peaks of mountains that could be seen tiny and grey in the distance. Home. "If we keep up the pace, we'll reach the borders before nightfall." The dark didn't phase the massive male, espically in the north where every snowy surface turned to pure starlight and was easy for lupine eyes to navigate by. "Do you see that ridge of peaks away off on the horizon?" he asked, lowering his head so that it was closer to the fae's level, and guiding the direction of her gaze with his own. "That's Glaciem. That's home."

--EXIT--

~*~