Ardent

Administrator

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
04-23-2013, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2013, 12:43 AM by Ardent.)
Alright, serious time guys, I know a lot of you are on PvP so you can not get death matched, but quite frankly, it's not like death matches happen often, and it would allow for more realism. Keep in mind that even if you are set on Semi-Realistic PvP if you do something that pisses off another character, they can still challenge to maim you.

Getting rid of the PVP system means that, pretty much, everyone would be on realistic.

Maiming:Castration, blinding, removal of tongue, etc.

You may Reply below to give reasoning or to bring up ideas.

Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
04-23-2013, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2013, 09:04 AM by Epiphron.)
I'm not a fan of the PvP/judging/spar system as a whole, it's sort of why I have yet to do any fighting on here.

I like that members can have the option of their match being judged, but I really don't deem is necessary. I think most people have the decency to not try to kill another character's wolves, or severely injure them if they don't want that happening to their character. It just seems like an awful lot of unnecessary work -- I think judging can be done upon request (if people want to follow the rules and whatever), otherwise just let people do their thing.

Also it just seems like an unnecessary confusion for new members who have to try to figure out how the PvP system works and it seems like it could be eliminated easily.

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
04-23-2013, 10:00 AM
I like the realism of everyone being on realistic. In the real world a wolf wouldn't refrain from killing a trespasser or disrespectful wolf just because that wolf didn't want to get hurt. And yes most of the time death matches don't happen. I'd like to still have the option of judging but for it not to be required. I could ramble on about this but yeah, I have always felt very strongly for freeform roleplays where anything goes :)

Maverick

gems
size
build
player
04-23-2013, 10:58 AM
QUOTE (Viridiana @ Apr 23 2013, 04:00 PM)
I like the realism of everyone being on realistic. In the real world a wolf wouldn't refrain from killing a trespasser or disrespectful wolf just because that wolf didn't want to get hurt.

I agree with this.

And just so ya'll know, we dropped the rule that said all fights have to be judged. It's now by request. (That's the last I heard, anyway)

Jupiter I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
04-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Also agreed with the above.

In all honesty, if you don't want your wolf being killed, then don't make them do things that'll provoke a fatal attack. Sure, some people may say "but they're evil" or something of the like, but if you're going to have an evil character that claims to be a killer or is a seriously negatively chaotic nuisance, they've got to back it up somehow. It's the risk you take by creating a risky character, and it also takes maturity to be able to handle the fact that they might die from something.

prone to violent reaction. ic actions have ic consequences and she lives and breathes it.

public enemy #1

crawl. crawl more. drag your hands and knees across the destruction left in my wake to the ends of the earth. there's a green light of a shining star in my sky and there will not be an obstacle i will not overcome until i cup that star in my palms. the void in my will has been filled with purpose. so crawl. crawl more, love.
because i like it when you're on your knees.

Laurier

gems
size
build
player
04-23-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm definitely not against it.

Morphine

gems
size
build
player
04-23-2013, 08:15 PM
i think i'm in love with what andy just said; all fights don't have to be judged. if i'm assuming correctly, this means that there will be no set rounds, and, therefore, the fight will rage on until either party submits.

i hope i am assuming correctly - honestly, that is how i fought prior to forums - and it is so much more realistic. the reason i do not like rounds is because once a fight reaches its final round and a winner is decided upon, both parties just get off of each other like all is fine even if their injuries are a bare minimum. if there aren't rounds, then this will undoubtedly elongate those fights, however, a victor would be decided upon more realistically via submission from a death hold or serious injuries, and not because of how creative their defenses or attacks were.

Ardent

Administrator

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
04-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Aly, the problem with this is, most people aren't mature enough to just let their character submit. If we don't need to judge, we won't. But, we will keep rounds and the judging system, because of this reason, because I do not want the drama of people being like "Well she should have submitted" This is not optional and will be staying.

Kalypso

gems
size
build
player
04-23-2013, 08:23 PM
I say nay on the idea of having no rounds because I've been stuck in fights that have lasted for weeks on end. People usually don't want to admit that their character gets tired, and if neither of them are willing to admit it that's when things get messy.

Morphine

gems
size
build
player
04-23-2013, 08:24 PM
mm, i guess i understand how some people would be too proud to have their character submit. however, i thought this was going along with the removal of pvp, as in, if a character refused to submit when a death hold was attained by their opponent, they would be killed x3

Rivera

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-23-2013, 08:27 PM
ohnonono

lookie, the uh...what the crap are we...ohmy-ADMINS. The admins will allow deathmatches with good reason. If, I'll use newt for example, just decides she wants to deathmatch morphine because she's white cuz racism can happen with wolves right? then obviously the staff will interject. This applies to things like...let's say Valhalla goes and under collision's orders just starts stealing wolves from Tortuga left and right. Well, Kaien might finally want to put a stop to that, deathmatch Collision, and let's say he won, he might throw morphine on the valhallan throne. See, it's a good reason. If you're gonna do something volatile, face consequences.

Morphine

gems
size
build
player
04-23-2013, 08:33 PM
by what you just said the whole "ohmy what are we -- oh yeah -- admins" comment, it makes me feel like you think that i'm disrespecting you? i'm just discussing..because this is a discussion ; o ;

but i wasn't suggesting death matches all around, anyway. like the reason for fighting would have to be legitimate just as it is right now.
i can see my idea is unpopular because it's tedious, however, i thought it would be more realistic..because it is. i do understand that it would, indeed, create a lot of drama among players.

Rivera

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-23-2013, 08:42 PM
OHNONONONO the word just slipped my mind i swear! lololol if that had been the case i would have told you in private. xD

anyways, yeah, we're just gonna avoid deathmatches, and i mean if you enter a deathmatch and you default in round three, sorry, it's gonna be in their favor, y'know? I mean, that's just like with the fight with Collision and Morphine, there was a default, but with all fairness, I allowed that we acted as though the fight had more to it, because of how early the default occurred. Now, calling defaults is also not something we demand. I just did it because, honestly, i was going out of town and didnt want to deal with it XD