ardent

Drinks

juno

gems
size
build
player
04-28-2013, 01:26 AM
The sinister dame had been on her own for far to long, and during this alone time she found herself getting into more and more trouble. Tonight, that was irrelevant, as the hot summer air drew the lass into needing a drink of water, aimlessly she wandered around trying to find someone where to drink. The air was cooler now, since the sun had retreated into the sky, but she was parched.

A faint breeze rustled the trees around her, and she caught the smell of water. A small sigh escaped her maw, as she turned towards it, and sure enough after picking her way through some more bushes she found it. She slowly padded to the water?s edge and lowered her muzzle to the surface. Delicately she lapped up the water, feeling the energy surge through her. She let out a content sigh, and slowly sank to her haunches at the water?s edge, raising her head and taking a look around.

Desdemona

gems
size
build
player
04-28-2013, 01:48 AM

She would pace forward, pads sinking into the moist soil and rising, the massive dame towered above the foliage. Massive musculature rippling with every measured step she took. Thick, hardened muscles sealed by scars and flesh, revealing the body of a warrior. Indecision had settled within her soul, but her mind, the dammed thing was slowly working against her placing doubts within her head about Tortuga, about its leaders. She was never supposed to doubt a superior and yet...

She shook such maniac thoughts from her head, she had come so far to clear her mind, to cleanse the troubled pool. The scent of water and the sound of the trickling falls would sing to her. She approached the scene with confidence, blinking at the dame already perched at the waters edge. Her head would tilt, surveying her for a moment, before dipping her cranium in greeting. "Good afternoon." The emotionless but polite response would ooze from her maw as she paced forward, her own muzzle dipping into the cool waters for a drink.

Speech,

juno

gems
size
build
player
04-28-2013, 01:53 AM
She wasn't alone long, and that was to be expected. The summer heat would draw many a wolf too the waters edge. When huge white wolf stepped up towards the water, and uttered a polite 'Good Afternoon'. Juno watched as the wolf drank from the river, and waited until she finished. She could smell the pack scent that she had come to know as Tortuga from this wolf and that had her interest.

"Afternoon. Scorching weather we're having, eh?" She asked cooly, her voice soft and her eyes analytically, watching the wolf before her. Was she a wolf of power in her pack? Was she just a member? For once, she wasn't thinking of ways to manipulate the wolf before her, just interested in pursuing the conversation out of curiosity.

Desdemona

gems
size
build
player
04-28-2013, 01:58 AM

Desdemona would drink her fill, coat of ivory glistening in the afternoon sun. Her two toned gaze, one onyx and one crimson bore into the water, but her ears swung forward, muscles tensed and ready should that dame spring. She was already ready, she trusted no one. Save Demonio. The words, smooth and neat would reach her ears, and she lifted her massive cranium, her hind legs bending to plop her rump near the waters edge. Perhaps a conversation was just what she needed.

It tis. It makes the water seem inviting. Who do I have the pleasure of speaking too? My name is Desdemona." The lyrics would fall flat, emotionless, toneless, such was her nature. She did not openly display her emotions. Her face was a painted mask of indifference.

Speech,

juno

gems
size
build
player
04-28-2013, 02:04 AM
Juno noticed the other wolf's tense state, not much was missed by her oddly colored orbs. She twitched her ear, in dismissal of it, she'd be tense too if she was drinking beside a stranger. When the lady introduced herself as Desdemona, Juno dipped her head slightly.

"Aye, the water does seem appealing, perhaps a moonlight swim would cool me. My name is Juno. You are of the pack known as Tortuga, are you not?" Her question would be brash because she knew no other way, she was interested in that pack, as if she had her way it'd become her home.

Desdemona

gems
size
build
player
04-28-2013, 02:12 AM

Desdemona would watch the ebony dame, head cocked precariously as she surveyed her with a seemingly cold demeanor. her eyes glittered in silent curiosity. She did not smell like another pack and loners weren't exactly common, at least not anymore. Her tail would flicker behind her, coiling around her haunches and lying still at her feet.

"Tortuga is my home yes. It tis a pleasure to make you acquaintance Juno. Are you new to Alacritis or simply a rogue?" Desdemona would reply just as bluntly. She had never been one to beat around the bush, she liked to get to the heart of the matter address it and move on. if the dame wished to know something of Tortuga she would be wise to ask. Desdemona was not one to merely give unnecessary information.

Speech,

juno

gems
size
build
player
04-28-2013, 02:19 AM
Juno watched Desdemona carefully, as she wrapped her own tail around her legs, and she settled her weight back on her haunches, and listened to the dame's words. She was from Tortuga, of course she was, Juno's nose couldn't lie. Desdemona asked of her status, and she fought a chuckle that tried to escape before readying herself to speak.

"It's a pleasure for me as well," she practically purred. "I am a loner in search of a pack actually, and interestingly enough Tortuga is the pack I've expressed the most interest in. It seems like it would mold well with my, er.. quirks." Coolly she replied, her tone that of political correctness rather than friendly warmth.

[ooc; is it just me or is this convo like artic cold? xD]

Desdemona

gems
size
build
player
04-28-2013, 02:31 AM

She would sit like a stone, perched and poised as though she was carved from stone rather than flesh and blood. Her eyes were trained upon this stranger, ears careened forward to pick up every sound, the dame would smile, she expressed far more than the ivory fae even if it wasn't true laughter or emotion. Desdemona had never been a creature of speech and it showed.

Curiosity would blossom in the largers chest at the dames fatal words... what exactly did she wish of her? Desdemona had made Tortuga her home. She would raise a family there. She had a mate, a territory to truly call him. her mind was at peace and potentially she was speaking with a future member. Lips would part and her larynx would vibrate with sound. "Tortuga is a good a home as any, what do your curiosities wish to know? What quirks would fade amongst the damned?" her lyrics were curious but cold.

(((OOC: This convo is making me crave some hot coacoa! xDD)))

Speech,

juno

gems
size
build
player
04-28-2013, 02:35 AM

At least Desdemona, though she didn't seem too fond of conversation, was willing to discuss the pack. No one she had met yet, had been and it was frustrating at best. What was she looking for in Tortuga? That was a good question.

"How is the packs... structure?" If the pack was stable, was an issue for her. She didn't need another place to live in where she couldn't 'blossom'. A gentle laugh escaped her mouth at Desdemona's question of her quirks. "Ah, my quirks are none to be too ashamed of. I supposed I'm looking for a home where my particular skills as a spy could be of some use." Her laughter was cold, but her eyes slightly sparkled in something akin to enjoyment.

Desdemona

gems
size
build
player
04-28-2013, 02:44 AM

She had never been one for speech, that dosen't mean she couldn't at least be half way polite. The dame took kills and saw them though to completion, if something needed to be taken care of she had the brawn to accomplish it. Strength had never been something she lacked.

"The structure is simple. Two leaders, a handful of seconds, a plethora of peons. Most important issues are determined by the two leaders, on occasion the seconds are asked. The peons are merely told of decisions. A spy would alays be welcome amongst the ranks, we have recently lost our oldest assassin. Loyalties are apparently wavering." She would scowl slightly at that. Cyanide had become a bit of a taboo name.

Speech,

juno

gems
size
build
player
04-28-2013, 02:50 AM

The other wolf's description of her pack seemed to hold a twinge of bitterness, but Juno wouldn't push it. Not yet, at least. She thought about it for a moment, her head slightly tilted to one side, as she chewed on her lip.

"You are... happy there?" She asked curiously. Juno desperately wanted to get a feel for this pack, and already her sinister mind's wheels were turning. Juno's desires for Tortuga weren't decisive yet, she hadn't decided how she felt about living in a pack... that hadn't proved good to her previously.

[ooc; shortest posts ever o_o]

Desdemona

gems
size
build
player
04-28-2013, 02:55 AM

Her tail flickered, drifting around back behind her and coiling around her other haunch, the only movement the stature made. For a moment utter silence would reign. Inquisitive, dark. Her head would tilt ever so slightly to the left and she would give pause. her mind over ruling the snap decision her irritation wished to make for her.

"My mate lingers in Tortuga. I am happy with him." her response would come plain and simple, giving away nothing of the turmoil Tortuga had faced, nor the dark decision that lingered in her mind. Was Kaien or Morphine truly worthy leaders? She would need to speak with Kaien and soon.

Speech,

juno

gems
size
build
player
04-28-2013, 02:59 AM

Juno was no fool, she could tell when a reply was avoiding or simply politically correct. However she was in no position to question it, at the moment. Instead she allowed her mind to mull over some new questions to extend the conversation, perhaps if Desdemona got comfortable she'd feel like speaking more on whatever she was hiding.

"How large is Tortuga? I know the pack known as Valhalla is immense." She asked this carefully, not wanting to offend the other lady or start a touchy conversation. She had heard of Valhalla's size and that was her reason for searching for a new pack, she didn't want to dissapear in ranks, and her skills have to go unnoticed... not that, that would happen...

Desdemona

gems
size
build
player
04-28-2013, 03:03 AM

This conversation was growing to revolve around Tortuga, the exact reason she had left the borders, to clear her head, was now becoming the center topic. She repressed the urge to sigh. It seemed she could not escape Tortuga's fingers, not even for a moment, perhaps she should give in to her troubled thoughts, but of what a crossroads this was!

"Valhalla is large, but a bit too personal for me, I was once apart of there ranks. They twine as a family, everyone knows everyone else. I like my privacy, Tortuga tends to leave well enough alone. What has brought you to Alacritis, to seek out a pack?" That much, at last was true. The problem was, they left too much alone, at least in Desdemona's mind.

Speech,

juno

gems
size
build
player
04-28-2013, 03:09 AM
Cursing-Alert

This wolf just kept getting interesting by the minutes but once Desdemona asked why she was in Alacritis, Juno's eyes darkened. She would tell her story, but she wasn't sure the lady in front of her was prepared for the fury that would leave her maw as she spoke.

"My bitch of a mother gave birth to my bastard brother and I. They expelled me to the edges of our family, and I had not grown fucking fond of being ignored. I left them, to find somewhere where I could be a true warrior. With any luck the whole fucking lot of them are dead." Her tone practically dripped ice, and had taken an arctic turn at thoughts of her family. She hated them. Hated the whole fucking lot of them.

Desdemona

gems
size
build
player
04-28-2013, 03:16 AM

Ears would careen backwards to pin against her cranium at the sudden rage that sprung forth from the dames maw. She would not flinch or back away but apparently she had brushed a nerve, a very tender nerve, and for the first time since their meeting had begun a smile cracked the stoney facade of her voice, a deep chuckle reverberating through her larynx.

"I think... with a personality lie yours... you'll fit in beautifully with Tortuga, should you choose to make it your home." Desdemona smiled ever so slightly at the dame, she sure as hell had the spitfire attitude.

Speech,

juno

gems
size
build
player
04-29-2013, 03:20 PM

She let out a deep breath, as the torrent of rage that came with the very mention of her family slowly dissipated. A chuckle escaped from the other dame, which caused a slight smile to dance on the edge of Juno?s maw. She was pretty sure that Desdemona didn?t laugh or smile lightly. At Desdemona?s comment about her attitude fitting well with Tortuga, she felt a small flicker of something akin to pride in her belly. Perhaps Tortuga would work out for her after all?

Curiosity gnawed at her gut, and after she sat in silence for a few moments she finally asked the question that was on her mind. "What brought you to Tortuga, if I may ask?" For the first time, something close to a glimmer of respect for the wolf before her. Juno had a feeling that Desdemona, had an interesting story of her own, and one that made Juno's seem like pup fodder.

Desdemona

gems
size
build
player
04-30-2013, 05:14 PM

She watched the anger seemingly melt from the womans maw, a low chuckle bubbling up through her vocals, this one was interesting, unpredictable, whether that unpredictability could prove to be a fatal flaw or an assest still had yet to remain seen. Desdemona was quite the opposite, a creature of great predictability. Quiet, contemporary, respectful, strong in her beliefs. Her lyrics would come in a soft, but toneless drawl, her rage was something difficult to provoke. Habits, routine, they suited her. It seems she had just met her opposite.

Her head would quirk, tilting as she debated how to answer the dames question. She could give her a brief quiet answer, blunt and to the point, but what would that accomplish? The woman was curious about Tortuga, the more information she gave the more likely the dame would be to consider it as a worthy home. Two toned oculars would slide shut for a moment. "Tortuga was a pack that claimed neutrality, my past is littered with blood and death, I have been in too many wars, I wish for no more bloodshed in my waning years." She wasn't old, but she wasn't a young pup any longer either.

Speech,

juno

gems
size
build
player
05-02-2013, 06:09 PM

Juno wasn?t known for being a fool, she could easily tell when a wolf wasn?t telling the whole story or simply lying. She could tell that the story that Desdemona gave her was very vague, and definitely not detailed, but she chose not to push it for the moment. She assumed that the wolves in these lands respected the means of privacy, and all that stuff. She glanced away from the dame before her, and looked again across the water, her mind racing with thoughts. The lady before her didn?t seem to crave war and didn?t seem as blood crazed. That was well with Juno, for she always found bloodshed to be overly messy and rather annoying to be quite frank.

?What can you tell me about the alpha? Kaien, I?ve heard his name was?? The words would pour from her jaws, her voice softly cutting across the bubbling stream between the two. She knew Desdemona would easily hear her words, that wasn?t an issue and her softness wasn?t an issue of keeping the matter private, her mind was simply too busy with its rapid racing to focus on her voice?s tone.

Desdemona

gems
size
build
player
05-09-2013, 04:32 PM

Desdemona had, at one point been so hinged to the scent of an impending battle, so ecstatic to take a life, that in times of complacency, she grew restless, agitated, bored. Her pack was ruthless, deemed themselves mercenaries, but in all honestly were far to wicked to be thought of as such. Without the sweet tang of blood in her mouth she had grown irritable, incredibly so. She was a wicked creature, or at least she had been, a demon disguised in ivory. Of course, now, she sought only peace and a place of rest, relaxation. She had put her days of blood and death behind her or so she had hoped. She wanted a family, it was long since past time for her to settle down.

Her jaw clenched as the name left the rogues maw, a rumble pulling up through her vocals. "Kaien is...deceitful. Some admire him for this trait, I believe in some semblance of honor. Hes a good leader but he crosses too many lines, leaves his people in the shadows, does his dealings when no one is looking." Her tones were even, flat, but the words were truthful, it would be the nicest thing she would say about the ivory male.

Speech,