ardent

Shyness taking over (joining?)

Coulter

gems
size
build
player
04-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Coulter entered the pack's territory, weary and exhausted from the long walk. His paw throbbed horribly, slowing him. Still, he would not stop until he found a home.

Nervous, he looked around him, seeing that no one seemed to be there.

"Hello? Is anyone out there?" he called, shy. He had never met any Seracian wolves before, and he did not know if they would accept him into their society.
Sitting down, he waited for someone to answer. The wind blew softly around him, ruffling his fur and lifting his spirits. Even if this pack rejected him, he would find his place in the world. Coulter was certain of it.

Gerhardt

gems
size
build
player
04-06-2013, 06:01 PM

Another was in his territory. Two in one day? What were the odds!? The King shifted and stood to his paws, eager to intercept this one before he stumbled into the territory like the last one had. It did irk him when wolves entered his territory. This one had already done so when he arrived only furthering his slight irritation. At least this one had stopped and sat down. "Well, I am." He moved forward and then came to a stop, raising his head and tail in a display of dominance. "What are you doing here?" He gave an audible sigh and a flick of his tail.

"Speech"

Image by Ruelle.

Coulter

gems
size
build
player
04-06-2013, 06:06 PM
"I..I was wondering if I could join your pack." Coulter stuttered, amazed that a leader stood before him. Seeing that the wolf in front of him looked irritated, he gulped, ready to submit if need be. "My name is Coulter,sir." he stammered. "Sorry I'm a little nervous right now. I've never been part of a pack before, so this is a whole new experience for me. I can be a guard or scout, I can be very quiet when I hunt." Coulter wagged his tail a little, hopeful.

Gerhardt

gems
size
build
player
04-06-2013, 06:20 PM

"And why is it you chose my pack over the others?" This was a standard question the King asked. He wanted to know why his pack was chosen, and to know how much the wolf knew about his home and their rules. If he knew nothing, he might not even want to join after he learned. "It's nice to meet you, Coulter. I am Gerhardt, King of Seracia." He didn't always introduce himself this way, but it needed to be known that he was King of this land, and would protect it with his very last breath. The man went on to describe his talents in vague detail, but Gerhardt was not much concerned with them at this time.

"Speech"

Image by Ruelle.

Coulter

gems
size
build
player
04-06-2013, 07:39 PM
"I heard that it is very beautiful here, and the land is fertile. I really would love to live in a place like that. You see, I used to live in a barren wasteland, and I never want to live in a place like that ever again. I have also heard that respect is important in your pack, and that is what I like about it. I would abhor it if I had to live where no one respected their superiors, sir. It is important to respect those above you." he told Gerhardt.

Gerhardt

gems
size
build
player
04-06-2013, 08:07 PM

"You heard correct, it is very beautiful here." Gerhardt listened on as Coulter spoke on respect and courtesy. These were traits he admired, and he was glad to hear that this man felt the same. "Are you familiar with our laws and the way we function in Seracia?" It was a typical question, one that he asked of everyone. If they were already familiar he did not need to go over the details, but if they were not he would explain everything so that there was no confusion. It was best for everything to be laid out in the open from the start.

"Speech"

Image by Ruelle.

Coulter

gems
size
build
player
04-11-2013, 05:17 PM
"No, I am not familiar with your laws." Coulter replied. He was glad that someone had come to talk to him, because he usually had no social contact whatsoever. The beautiful landscape around him only added to his happiness. "Please explain them to me, so I can ensure that I do not break any of them right when I first come into your pack.

Gerhardt

gems
size
build
player
04-11-2013, 08:05 PM

"I will certainly explain them," the King switched his tail back and forth slowly, trying to contemplate the best way to break down the rules and guidelines of the Kingdom. There weren't that many rules, but each of them were very important and needed to be understood and - more importantly - followed. "First off, my word is above anyone else's. If I say something and someone else says different, you shall always listen to me. Second, always put the Kingdom and her subjects first. We are your home and family. Third, ranks are important, respect those higher than you and listen to their guidance. Fourth, if you take a mate, please inform me before you do so. I know this is a pain but it really does stop unnecessary confusion. If you get a woman pregnant, the pups are to be brought here, along with the girl if possible. Lastly, and know this.. punishments here are often physical in nature, you have been warned." Gerhardt hated to end on such a harsh note, but it was a reality that Coulter would have to understand. He feared he had not put enough emphasis on it with certain other members, and would not make that mistake with this man. "If there is nothing else, I shall take my leave. You are welcome to explore and get to know your pack members." With that, Gerhardt pivoted and moved further into his territory, moving off slowly in case Coulter had further questions.

Exit Gerhardt unless Coulter stops him.

"Speech"

Image by Ruelle.

Coulter

gems
size
build
player
04-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Coulter bowed his head. "Thank you, my lord. It is an honor to be a part of your pack." Lifting his head, he slowly walked away. His bad paw didn't hurt anymore, he realized with happiness. Today was a good day.