build
player
03-30-2013, 02:06 PM
By Me:

HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU WANT TO DIE?
HOW MANY WAYS DO YOU WANT TO DIE?
DO YOU FEEL SAFE AGAIN?
LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDER

The lands of the North had received the most snowfall the wolf had seen already in his week spent in Torva. It laid thickly across the ground in virgin white sheets, blanketing everything it had come into contact with. However, the snowfall had not been constant. Packed snow lay buried beneath a thin layer of fresh powder, a pariah for the wolf that had decided to explore the region. A small canine might have been able to cross the layer of ice and snow without worry, but not Icarus Vonecci. Each step was announced through a soft crunch and subsequent grunt when the earth beneath suddenly fell away. The weather that graced winter winds had never bothered the man; he had learned how to traverse ice. But snow remained an opponent merely because of the timber wolf?s size.
The journey was irritating, but once the land gained a slope, the going became easier. Hidden in the rocks and boulders he found scattering his path, appeared hollows and dens. The area stank of pack lands, but it was not the stench of any pack he had happened upon. Curiosity piqued, the behemoth dug out the snow from the entrance of an empty den. The wolf rubbed himself against the inner walls of the hollow, his dominant scent overpowering the pack?s. For the time being, this shelter was his own and he would rest his weary self wherever the damn well he pleased.
It was not long before the earth he laid himself upon reached up and met his vision. Darkness swirled in, thick and comfortable, greeting the wolf like an old friend. Icarus fell back into the realm of his own mind. With it, he embraced both angels and demons.
Oh, night. Oh, night.
It has been a long time, and I am looking for my loved one. I am looking for my loved one. I am looking for my Raquel, for my children, for my home. I am looking for those I left behind in all my vast foolishness. I am looking for my only love in this world. Tell me the way, show me it.
Oh night, please help me find myself.

Icarus groaned softly in his sleep as he reacted to his own demons. Outside, the snow had started again. Soft, white flakes began to float gently down in the cold air. The peaceful bliss that existed outside the den contrasted sharply with the turmoil within. Inside his own mind, the silver king was surrounded not by snow, but by raining hellfire.
?Setios, no? Just look at me, Setios. Setios, look at me. Look at me god damnit!?
A snarl ripped through the ranger?s throat, reverberating in the warm air of the den. Demons of the past prowled in the man?s head, snapping at his weak points, causing him to roll in his nightmarish sleep.
?You left us, Icarus. You left your family. And for what? To go play soldier in some other land? To leave your mother alone while she lies, gasping for breath on her death bed? Why should I not just sic my warriors on you? Give me one good reason not to tear your head from your shoulders and leave it at the borders.?
Breath escaped from the lone wolf?s mouth as if a brick had been hurled at him. A loud, rasping breath filled his burning lungs.
?Left you, my dear brother? Setios, you threatened to kill Io if I did not leave! You murdered Ursus and your paws were still slick and warm with his blood. And what of Magdelena, brother? Shall I tell you how I found her body on the shores of the lake? Half of her face eaten by fish, and most of her fur gone? I?m not leaving here without tearing your heart out first.?
Brilliant orange eyes shot open as a gasp resonated throughout the earthen chamber. The smell of Setios filled the area, taunting Icarus with his own memories. A sharp outline of his brother?s face scalded his eyes ? eyes the color of ice hidden behind a mask of white. Icarus had never been known to feel fear, even in the face of imminent danger. He had stood before the ?great? kings and subjects of Renatio and insulted them, and yet fear had eluded him. But Setios? broad face of white played tricks with Icarus? mind. It made ice water dash his veins, and thick blankets cover his nostrils. The white mask made the mercenary king choke. The white mask was the face of his fears.
Icarus stretched out his paws and curled his tail about himself. Having lost his interest in sleep, the man rested his head on his forepaws and made the decision to watch the snowfall from his den. What else was there to do?

YOU KNOW WHEN THAT SHARK BITES, WITH HIS TEETH, DEAR

SCARLET BILLOWS START TO SPREAD

FANCY GLOVES, THOUGH, WEARS OLD MACHEATH, DEAR

SO THERE'S NEVER, EVER A TRACE OF RED

The small dark spot in the sky swung in lazy circles, high over head. Having the gift of flight granted the hawk the ultimate freedom. Each day she climbed higher and higher into the sky to hunt for her next meal, her golden eyes tilted downwards to spy on her unsuspecting prey. Back at her nest were mouths to feed and they were hungry mouths, indeed. Food was becoming scarce due to the onset of another drought, and mice weren?t coming out as often to feed on grass. Quite often the bird had gone hungry for days on end in order to feed her chicks, but no longer. Already she could see a mouse scurrying through the dry underbrush on the side of a large boulder. Slowly, she began her descent towards the rodent. She had only one thing on her mind. The mouse had made an already lethal mistake; he had chosen a low-lying branch to nibble on, however, it was not under any cover that might shield him from an attack. In a split second, the peaceful scene on the ground had turned to a flurry of feathers, claws, and beak.
Life was as it should be. No one could feel sorry for the mouse due to its deadly mistake; neither could they feel ill will for the hawk due to its necessary evil. Life was a circle and there was no stopping that fact; you could only sit and play the game until you folded. Icarus Vonecci watched the bird of prey make its kill from a little over 50 yards away. He had watched the scene unfold and stayed as a secret audience, fascinated. The bird had waited in patience for over two hours, high up in the sky, and had finally gotten lucky. At first it only shifted slightly, and then it began its descent. Faster and faster it fell, and then a deadly strike. The wolf yawned and stretched as he got up off his haunches. Despite his expertise, Icarus still enjoyed to observe others and thus expand his arsenal. Observation was a practice drilled into him by both his father and his mentor, it was a skill that the wisest of wolves employ to learn more about their surroundings.
With long, rolling strides, Icarus started off at a brisk pace towards a large plateau he had seen quite a long way off. The red and orange colored, rocky outcropping sprang up into the sky and it was a phenomenon he had never seen before in his travels. The ground underfoot became increasingly rocky and the shrubbery he had experienced before was becoming sparser. It was clear to the timber wolf that the seasons were not kind to this region. Sun beat down relentlessly, and his thick, gray fur caught the heat and trapped it. Before long, a pink tongue lolled from his open jaws, bouncing in time with his rapid pace. It became clear to the wolf that there were caves in the side of the plateau, as if some giant, prehistoric worm had dug through the stone base of the outcropping.

I CAN'T REMEMBER WHETHER I FIRED FIVE SHOTS OR SIX

SO TELL ME, DO YOU FEEL LUCKY, PUNK?

WELL, DO YA?

You can run on for a long time, sooner or later God's gonna cut you down. So go tell that long-tongued liar, go and tell that midnight rider. Tell the rambler, the gambler, the back biter; tell 'em that god's gonna cut them down.
Well, my goodness gracious, let me tell you the news. My head's been wet with the midnight dew. I've been down on bended knee, talking to the man from Galilee. He spoke to me in a voice so sweet, I thought I heard the shuffle of the angel's feet. He called my name and my heart stood still, when he said "John, go do my will."
You can run on for a long time, sooner or later God's gonna cut you down. So go tell that long-tongued liar, go and tell that midnight rider. Tell the rambler, the gambler, the back biter; tell 'em that god's gonna cut them down.
Well, my goodness gracious, let me tell you the news. My head's been wet with the midnight dew. I've been down on bended knee, talking to the man from Galilee. He spoke to me in a voice so sweet, I thought I heard the shuffle of the angel's feet. He called my name and my heart stood still, when he said "John, go do my will."

By Pann:

Fusce egestas diam non lacus. Praesent velit nibh, pellentesque facilisis, hendrerit id, imperdiet id, mi. Curabitur pretium placerat felis. In sollicitudin neque. Donec consequat quam. Ut leo massa, dictum non, placerat eu, faucibus a, nunc. Duis auctor, nulla in egestas varius, dui leo feugiat est, interdum interdum tortor lorem eget velit. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Nullam ipsum nunc, vulputate nec, nonummy euismod, tempus a, mauris. Fusce rhoncus, metus ac facilisis suscipit, nisi lorem interdum mi, ac tempor lacus sem eget augue. Nunc faucibus magna eget dui. Suspendisse diam. Aliquam aliquam consectetuer pede. Suspendisse sodales, mauris ut ultricies fermentum, sapien risus interdum pede, quis mattis lacus turpis a velit. Duis tortor. Donec sit amet odio id arcu pulvinar facilisis. Phasellus mi. Sed ac mauris eget ipsum fringilla lacinia. Nunc fringilla adipiscing urna.

Fusce egestas diam non lacus. Praesent velit nibh, pellentesque facilisis, hendrerit id, imperdiet id, mi. Curabitur pretium placerat felis. In sollicitudin neque. Donec consequat quam. Ut leo massa, dictum non, placerat eu, faucibus a, nunc. Duis auctor, nulla in egestas varius, dui leo feugiat est, interdum interdum tortor lorem eget velit. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Nullam ipsum nunc, vulputate nec, nonummy euismod, tempus a, mauris. Fusce rhoncus, metus ac facilisis suscipit, nisi lorem interdum mi, ac tempor lacus sem eget augue. Nunc faucibus magna eget dui. Suspendisse diam. Aliquam aliquam consectetuer pede. Suspendisse sodales, mauris ut ultricies fermentum, sapien risus interdum pede, quis mattis lacus turpis a velit. Duis tortor. Donec sit amet odio id arcu pulvinar facilisis. Phasellus mi. Sed ac mauris eget ipsum fringilla lacinia. Nunc fringilla adipiscing urna.

By Plant;

A different version can be found here. Icarus knew the voice that called him. It was not particularly someone he wanted to see, but the man had begun to learn to get over his personal relationships. There was business to attend to and the fool could, unfortunately, prove to be a good pawn. The alpha strode silently through the valley, his paws flirting the light snowfall that had accumulated overnight. It was a wonder that Icarus had not booted Naum from Dieu yet. The only thing that saved the boy was Lokni?s undying loyalty. Silver ears pulled themselves back as a snort escaped from the man. What did Lokni see in the Rhimn boy? He wished only to seek revenge or some other fool goal. You?re doing it again. Icarus stayed himself from traveling down that road of irritation again. Naum was a part of Dieu now, he still deserved the same amount of respect. Even if he hasn?t earned it.

A grumble resonated from trembling vocal chords. It split the silence as the man in silver escaped the shadows that clung to the forest around him. Long strides moved the wolf up the small hill, closing in on the boy. Burning eyes fell upon the one that had awoken him with silent judgment. Naum was quite different from his brother, that much was certain. The two seemed so much different and yet? the same. ?If you?ve come to ask me for a gold star, I?m afraid I?m all out for this week.? Cold humor. Icarus was in no mood to be amusing.

By Snizz;

Quote:It was hot on the day Icarus decided to return to Renatio. Desperately so. The heat drifted from the large expanses of desert, snaking its way through the red clay walls of the Crimson Caves. However, the caverns promised no quarter for the faint of heart. A stagnant smell of death and blood permeated the air; a warning for those that ventured too far. But for this alpha, it a was a token of familiarity and awakened latent memories within the man.
His pace was slow and languid, as if he had more than enough time to kill. Already his pelt was soaked to the bone, Icarus looked like he had gone swimming. Still, he walked with all the mannerisms of a prince.
The timber wolf stood silently at the entrance of the caves, brilliant orange eyes scanning the area. My, how odd time was. Icarus lowered his haunches as he tilted his ears forward, slowly inhaling the mark of the pack. The smell was familiar, but the finesse was gone. The presence of another was everywhere, and she was nowhere to be found. Of course, Icarus knew what had happened to the woman in blue, but it was something that he simply could not find plausible. The entirety of the scenario just seemed so incredibly? peculiar. Her face floated before his eyes, so full of life. Lips curled downwards in a confused frown; perhaps if he just howled? Perhaps if he simply called for her?
Icarus moved, unsettled by the prospect of no longer having her around. Callista, you fool, why?d you have to go do that? Silver ears slid backwards, irritation becoming evident in the behemoth?s expressions. You destroyed our plans. Why?d you have to go do that? The mercenary king stood upright once more, a low grumble reverberating within his chest and throat. There was anger in his eyes ? angry that she was dead and gone. How dare she leave him alone like this? Their game had hardly been over and she had quit. She had taken the coward?s route and left. How dare she?
The man dug his claws through the dirt, testing the strength of it beneath his paw. Somehow, Icarus felt cheated. This woman had cheated him out of his victory ? the victory he had won ? the victory that was so rightfully his. The king resigned himself to remain where he had seated himself at the mouth of the cave, keeping his agitation within his breast.I?ll wait here until you come back. I?ll wait here until I starve and crumble. I?ll wait here until I die and rot. You won?t leave so easily, Lady Callista. I promise you that.
The sun had begun to fall from its place in the sky, and the moon was quick to reclaim it. Time was a liquid thing in the wolf?s brain as he fed on the reserves of his training. Discipline was the key to patience, and patience was an unlimited reservoir. The black mouth of the cave yawned before Icarus, its clay lips lined with a neat assortment of fangs. The timber wolf felt a cool breeze whip at his face, snapping at his brain and trying to bring it back to reality. Why are you here? The voice murmured in his ears, causing them to fold backwards. Nothing will change the fact that she is gone. And yet? you still continue your protest? What use will come of it? Teeth clenched themselves together, grinding against each other. Are you so deprived of her company that you seek to raise the dead themselves? Or do you simply wish death upon yourself?
The soldier glanced about his surroundings. Surely Renatio wolves would soon be upon him, and they would not be amused by the arrival of their enemy?s alpha on their doorstep. Logic screamed at him to leave, but the silver leviathan remained where he sat. Let them come ? he could defend himself.
?Olly, olly, oxen-free.?

code by Debain, image by Snizz