Bronze i

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
03-30-2013, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2013, 09:37 PM by Epiphron.)
Pain ravaged his body. Rakshra hadn't helped treat his wounds, said she didn't know how -- it was obvious she wanted nothing to do with him. What kind of wolf didn't know how to treat wounds? He had grown indifferent to her presence upon her declaration that she was ignorant as to how to help him. He'd curled up into himself, and upon awaking she was gone.

All of the adrenaline that had been coursing through his veins upon being attacked had run out. His entire body was sore. He felt broken, tired, and in more pain than he had been for a long time. A groan escaped the brute's lips as his tired paws struggling to lift his massive body up. It felt as though the wounds on his side and neck were still fresh, and upon moving it seemed as though he'd reopened the slight scabs that had begun to form over the wounds. This was the kind of life he had lived. Pain and misery followed him everywhere he went, like a lingering rain cloud. It never seemed to let up.

The grey-furred beast would move from the cave he'd spent the evening in, hesitant to meet the sunlight. Luckily the sky was littered with grey, the sun's rays barely peeking through the dense clouds. Silence reigned, and for this he was thankful. Careful steps would be taken as the brute carried himself onward, searching for someone, anything. Perhaps a source of water to ease his stinging wounds?

His muzzle raised to the sky, nose twitching to catch the scene of water in the wind. He was luckily, for there seemed to be a water source nearby. He wasn't sure how long it took him to reach the lake, but upon reaching the shores, he nearly collapsed on the earth. Thirstily the beast would lap up water, thankful for the cool water rushing down his throat.

Loccian

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
03-30-2013, 10:21 AM

Really? Loccian found herself once again leaving the lands of Seracia, this time it was not for herbs. Since joining Seracia she told herself that she would not venture out in the unclaimed lands, that she would stay within the land of the pack she joined. The only time she would leave is if she needed to collect herbs that didn't grow there, and here she was. At first she did not realize where her paws were leading her, just was off in her own world and when she came out of it she noticed that the lands had changed. A sigh came from her as she stood on a small hill, tail hanging behind her and ears forward, grey eyes looking down at the lake below. She had heard about this place, the rocks in the lake confirming the place. It was shaped in the shape of a paw, that's why it was given the name Wolfpaw Lake.

She swung her head to the right, ears swiveling around, listening for any animals nearby. After listening for a few moments she heard nothing and so turned back forward and moved on. Paws moved carefully over the rocky hill, gritting her teeth whenever she would lose her footing and would slide some. Once at the bottom she took a deep breath, but suddenly froze as the wind brought the scent of a wolf. Not any wolf, a male she had met who knows how long ago. All she knew was that it had been awhile, before she joined Seracia. Bronze... His name left her lips without her even realizing it, and after a moment of it to sink in she quickly shook her head as thoughts flooded her head. So he was still here, roaming around. She knew he was still here because it was still decently strong but... she sniffed again. Was that the faint scent of blood?

Even though it seemed like he didn't enjoy her company the last time they met, Loccian found herself becoming worried for the male. Hoping he was alright. At first she didn't really understand why she was worried, that was the first time they had met. Maybe it was just her as a healer that was worried. Whatever it was she wasn't going to think about it, her paws moved over the earth quickly, nose sniffing the air and grey eyes scanning the plants around her. She was going to look for some herbs for the male, hopefully when she found him he would let her treat his wounds and that they wouldn't be too bad.

After gathering what she thought she would need, the shewolf wrapped the herbs in leaves so it would be easier to carry them, heading off towards the lake where the male's scent was going. Since she was a healer she had grown use to the herbs smell and would be able to pick Bronze's scent out easier than other wolves. Paws moving at a steady pace, not running but not walking, going at a sort of jog. Closer, strong, closer, stronger. He was nearby now and the scent was stronger than before, both Bronze and blood. It got to a point where she was now scanning the area because the scent was just floating around from the wind, and with the green it would be easier to pick him out. After a few minutes she reached the shoreline of the lake, turning her head to the right, nothing, to the left, there he was!

He was laying on the ground, lapping up the water. Her brows came together as she saw the wounds on his body, just a couple yards from him she could see that his neck and side were pretty bad and had reopened. Did he not smell or hear me? Would he even remember who I am? She asked herself, gulping as she stood there just watching him with storm grey eyes. Once she was able to move she moved quickly, clearing her throat as she came within feet of Bronze, setting the leaf bundles down and sniffing his wounds. What have you gotten yourself into Bronze? She asked in a soft, gentle tone, grey eyes moving over the wounds until finally stopping on his eyes. I am not sure if you remember but... I am Loccian, we met in the Soulless Forest. She added, thinking it was right to say. Why approach him without saying who she was and expect him to remember. At least now he might feel a little more comfortable now that she reminded him of who she was, not turning hostile, hopefully, towards her because she was a stranger.

"action.
talk.
think.
you."

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Bronze i

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
03-30-2013, 11:08 PM
The pain was intense, nearly too much for the beast to bear. It came in waves, near agony subsiding to dull aches, his vision growing hazy as the wounds stung and throbbed. How had he slept through the night so restfully if the pain had been so great? Perhaps he had merely gone unconscious, his body fatigued from the loss of blood, the adrenaline finally gone from his veins. Shouldn't the wounds have begun to heal at this point? Was his body growing weaker than he thought, unable to heal itself?

The wounds were worst than Bronze realized. He'd been nearly delirious during the fight, it had all happened so quickly. The brute thought he'd been lucky to escape the worst of it, but in fact he'd been at the brunt end of the battle. As the male gazed at his reflection in the still water, he wondered if he'd be able to make his way safely into the lake to wash his wounds. For now he simply was too tired to move, and decided that would need to come later. With some effort he continued to lap the refreshing liquid, gulping it down like it was air.

The scent of another grew strong in his nostrils, but his sore neck prevented him from turning to find the other in the distance. The aroma was familiar, strangely familiar. His head spun rapidly, memories flooding his mind. Of nothing in particular. Of Rakshra refusing to help, of the gleaming fangs of a stranger in the moonlight, ambushing him. And of Loccian, the female he'd been so standoffish too. A slight tilt of his head brought her into sight, his vision focusing instantaneously at her familiar face. Why had she returned? He had nothing to offer her.

"I... was ambushed. Last night." His words were gruff, coming in forced breaths from his throat. A slight gasp escaped his jaws, as though the act of breathing was far more tiresome than it should've been. His eyes scanned her, noting her posture was nonthreatening. "I remember you, Loccian," he assured her gently, voice heavy with fatigue. Why would he think she might not? She'd made a decent impression on him; and though he was growing old, and his memory wasn't as good as it had been years ago, he was not mentally deteriorating by any means. Often rage and guilt consumed him, as did confusion... but what creature was not afflicted with such things?

His hazel eyes watched her unblinkingly for a moment, alight with confused emotion. "I don't know... what happened. Or who it was. My memory of last night is foggy, to say the least." He wasn't keen on her thinking he started a fight -- he wasn't known for being a pacifist, but a hardhearted killer was not the greatest impression to make on someone who seemed as though they might be willing to help. His eyes would redirect themselves to the water, though he watched her reflection with interest. Why she had approached him, he was unsure, but he knew he was no position to push her away.

Loccian

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
03-31-2013, 10:00 AM
She stood there beside him, ears swivelin.g to catch his words. Her brows raised at what he told her, a form of worry washing over her as he explained that he was ambushed last night. What? By who? Why would somebody do such a thing? Did he start something? She shook her head lightly, no, she wouldn't assume he started anything, it was rude and she didn't even hear what caused it to happen and who did it. She put it aside for now, and wouldn't ask him, not wanting to bother the already wounded and tired male. His breathing, forced and a slight gasp escaped his jaws. Her brows furrowed, she hoped she would be able to help him.

Then he said something that made her smile a little, he did remember her. That was nice to know, that a loner actually remembered who she was and didn't forget because she Just wasn't worth anything to them. She turned away for a moment, was going to grab the leaf bundles but then spoke again, causing her to turn back towards him as he told her he didn't know what happened or who it was that attacked him. So he didn't start it, that was good to know. But then he turned away to look at the water, now she could go to work on his wounds and explain to him what she was doing here, in case he was wondering.

She moved away from him and to the leaf bundles, opening with her claws to reveal a few plants inside, including some moss she was able to find. "I hope you don't mind, I smelled blood so I brought some herbs to... treat your wounds." She explained softly, gently grabbing the moss in her mouth and walked over to the water where she dipped it in then walked back over. Grey eyes examined his wounds, deciding to work on the one on his neck first. Carefully she dabbed the soaked moss on the wound, watching Bronze from the corner of her eyes. She would have to clean away the fresh blood and take off some of the crusted blood that way when she rubbed the herbs on, it would get in there and start doing its thing to heal.

Once the neck was cleaned good enough she went back to the water and dipped the bloody moss in, cleaning off the blood before going back and cleaning the wound on his side, glancing at him every few seconds.

Bronze i

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
03-31-2013, 10:55 AM
There was darkness in everyone, hiding in the depths of their soul, just waiting to be unleashed. This is why Bronze's explanation of what had happened lacked surprise at the fact he'd been attacked. He would be lying if he said he hadn't hurt another creature before on purpose. No irritation welled inside the large brute. All his mind could focus on was the pain that seemed to intensify as the day drew on, soon turning to midday as he had laid there waiting for nothing in particular.

And then Loccian had arrived. His attention snapped back to her, his ears perking atop his skull to listen to her words. She was going to help him; she'd brought herbs. "If you don't mind," he breathed roughly, his mouth slightly agape. There were still wolves out there who were willing to help another, simply out of the kindness of their hearts. Like his adoptive mother. Like Silent. In some creatures, the light trumped the darkness, stifling it completely. Bronze simply nodded in response to her offer to assist him, shifting to let his head rest on forepaws. His muzzle was turned slightly to watch Loccian, curious as to what she was doing. Somehow he trusted her, and yet his mind told him to keep an eye on her regardless. The smell of the herbs was strong, and pleasant, and he felt slight relief even as she just began to wash the dried blood from the wound on his neck. She was helping. Loccian knew what she was doing.

The last time they'd met, she'd been a longer. But had this changed since they last met? Tired nose would twitch to get a better whiff of her scent, but the overpowering herbs masked any hint of her smell. "Are you a healer, Loccian?" He inquired gently, groaning softly as he inhaled sharply.

Loccian

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
03-31-2013, 11:17 AM
She worked silently, throwing a glance at Bronze every now and then to make sure he was still okay, making sure she wasn't apllying too much force. After she finished cleaning his wounds she set the moss in the water, placing a rock on an edge so it wouldn't float off, keeping it there in case she would need it again. Suddenly the male spoke, ear swiveling to the side to catch his question, was she a healer? That was right, she had not been in a pack during that time, he must have smelled the strong scent of herbs in her coat, did she smell like Seracia too?

Loccian didn't look at him to answer, just turned away slightly to work on the plants she needed to crush up and rub on his wounds. "Yes, I am." She was short with it but still gentle. She lowered her head and gently grabbed some seeds into her mouth, bringing them around and dropping them near Bronze's head before pulling it away. "Eat those, they will ease any pain and fight any infection in your system... you should just try relaxing while I work, don't stress your body more than it already is." She told him softly, grabbing a rock in her mouth and started crushing up some roots and plants against a large rock.

Bronze i

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
03-31-2013, 12:01 PM
Bronze occasionally lifted his muzzle to watch what Loccian was doing, but minute by minute he grew less wary of the female. If she wanted to hurt him, or take advantage of the state he was in, she would've already done that. But instead he observed her carefully placing wet vegetation on his wounds, watching them tenderly. Her maternal instincts were obvious, and Bronze found himself grinning ever so slightly, the pleased expression barely visible on his weathered features. Only slightly did he flinch, growing aware of the severity of the wounds as she cleaned the dried blood off of them. The one on his neck was particularly sensitive, but he found himself relaxing against the female's tender touch. It was not often that the male found himself trusting in another, but he was in no position to argue right now.

"Which pack are you from?" He inquired gently, knowing if she was a healer it was likely she was part of some sort of group. Bronze knew it was much less likely she had trained herself in the arts of healing on her own. Possibly, but simply not as likely.

She dropped some seeds near him, and the brute sniffed them with slight apprehension. Tentatively he lapped them up, crunching them between his teeth. "Thank you, Loccian. I don't deserve your kindness. But I appreciate it nonetheless." He mumbled between a mouthful of the seeds, gulping them down after a moment. He would take her words seriously, lowering his head again and trying to relax. Muscles would tense every so often, hyper aware of the sharp pain in his neck and side, but his mind told him to calm his body and remain still.

Loccian

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
03-31-2013, 01:21 PM
He was good while she washed the wounds, only flinching the slightest once she pulled the crusted blood off. His body was working to heal but not as fast as it normally would, he must have been very tired or moving too much. It wasn't bleeding much now, just a little bit but she could easily wipe it off but wouldn't do so until she had the plants crushed up and ready to smear over them. And no later had she answered his question he had another waiting for her, an obvious one she knew he would ask. What pack was she from? She didn't answer him right away seeing as she had a rock in her mouth, trying to crush some plants. She would tell him once she was finished, glancing over at him, ear swiveling to the side as he thanked her for helping him. Telling her that he didn't deserveit but appreciated her help.

Loccian looked down at the now completely crushed plants, juices oozing out of it. A light sigh escaped her lips as she set the rock aside and brought the one with the plants crushed, over so she was right beside him, between his neck and shoulder. "Everyone deserves some kindness, even if they think they don't deserve it." Her grey eyes held something warm and tender, fixating on his for a moment before turning away and examining his neck. "I found a pack in the southeast, not far from here. Even though I wasn't much of a fighter or hunter, they took me in and trained me to become a healer. It's called Seracia." She spoke, leaning over and grabbing the moss from the water, dabbing his wound then put it back. "The wolves there seem really nice." She added before licking up some of the herbs, but not pulling it into her mouth, leaned down and spread it over his wound. She didn't warn him, thought he could handle a sting since it was going to help him.

Bronze i

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
03-31-2013, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2013, 09:10 PM by Bronze i.)
He was as still as possible when she tended to the deep wounds on the left side of neck and side, eyes flicking to watch her quietly. His gaze was unblinking, though hazel orbs were hazy with the pain he was clearly experiencing. Only occasionally did Bronze flinch, though the massive brute was much less effected than smaller wolves might be. The pain was great, but certainly bearable. He watched in curiosity as she worked, noting that she seemed to know exactly what she was doing. He was interested in the extent of her knowledge; tending to wounds was likely to be one of the first things a healer was taught, so he wouldn't be terribly surprised if she hadn't been a healer for long, though she certainly knew what she was doing right now.

She didn't answer right away, as she was preoccupied. He was patient, eying her carefully. "I suppose," he said simply, not pressing the matter further. The beast would not imply he wanted her to leave. He was thankful for her care, and his gratitude was obvious, despite his silence.

"They best be nice," he mumbled softly. "Don't let any packs act as though they are doing you a favor. You're an asset to them. Should be treated like one." His words were gruff but sincere, and he looked at her seriously. His gaze was broken as Loccian placed some of the herbs on his neck. He flinched again slightly, his eyes closing and jaws clenching tightly together.

Loccian

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-01-2013, 08:22 AM

Loccian was, in a way, proud of herself. Though it didn't seem like it since she was focused on tending his wounds, not much emotion on her face, just a seriousness. Bronze was the first wolf she has treated with such serious wounds, the others had just aches and pains that were very easy to deal with, along with some scratches from a spar or hunt. It was kind of funny in a way, the male was barely moving much, just a few flinches every now and then but others she treated would be whining and flinching from the little cuts they had. Dramatic much?

When she mentioned the kindness thing he didn't say much to it, probably didn't wanna talk about something like that. She didn't mind, she was okay with him not wanting to. The last time they had met and she mentioned something like that he didn't really like it. He rather be alone and continue on with his solitary life.

But he said something she wasn't expecting, an ear swiveled to the side, grey eyes looking away from his wound to meet his hazel gaze. They best be nice... Don't let any packs act as though they are doing you a favor. You're an asset to them. Should be treated like one. His words were gruff but sincere as he mumbled, and he looked at her seriously. She didn't really know what to say, was he just trying to help her out? Make her feel like something? Or maybe she was wrong for both of those questions, she was still young, and because of that she didn't really understand why he said what he said. She would keep it in mind though.

She gave a nod of her head to his words, then going back to work. She picked up some more crushed roots onto her tongue, carefully spreading a bit more to cover the rest of the wound on his neck then going to his side. She scooped up more roots and quickly but carefully spread them evenly over the wound, grabbing more when she needed. It didn't take long and once she was done she picked herself up and walked over to the water, licking a rock to get the herbs off her tongue then lapping at the water for a drink. I'm all done, just make sure not to move around too much. Okay? She said between laps, finally pulling her head up and looking at him with a small smile before walking over and take a seat right beside him. Do you need any help walking? To find a better place to rest? She asked curiously, it would be best to rest in a safer, more comfortable place to let the herbs do their magic.

"action.
talk.
think.
you."

Bronze i

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
04-01-2013, 09:16 AM
It had been long time since anyone had tended to his wounds. The tender way Loccian placed the herbs on his neck reminded Bronze very much of his mother -- not his biological mother, but the one who had taken him in. It wasn't often he trusted another, and while Bronze recognized that he was in a vulnerable position, he felt strangely pleased with his lack of control. Slowly, his muscles relaxed, letting Loccian do what she needed. Only occasionally did he flinch, and even less often would his muscles spasm involuntarily.

"I mean it. Thank you..." Bronze was unused to this kind of kindness, this pure compassion that so few creatures exhibited. He was uncomfortable with the idea of her thinking he was taking what she was doing for granted.

He wasn't sure exactly how long she tended to his wounds. Large muzzle would rest on forepaws as she worked, letting his eyelids close to conceal foggy hazel eyes. The beast nearly drifted to sleep, pleasantly surprised at how nice it felt to let his walls down and allow another to touch him, to care for him, even if it was short-lived.

Before long she announced that she was finished. Slowly he blinked his eyes open, turning his neck ever so slightly to watch her. Somehow he felt exhausted, despite his inactivity, and her suggestion to find somewhere to rest sounded nothing short of incredible. "If you don't mind, I think some assistance would be helpful," he offered, eyes watching her appreciatively. Was this what it was like to have a friend? He felt vulnerable and unsure and, somehow, it was strangely comforting that Loccian was in control, rather than him. For once, he could relax, and hope his mind would stay calm for awhile.

Hesitantly the brute shifted his weight, struggling to all fours shakily. Why was it that he felt even more weak than he had earlier? He was sure the female's remedy would begin working, and hopefully sooner rather than later. Though he wished he could stand strong on his own, he found himself leaning some of his weight against the female beside him.

Loccian

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-01-2013, 09:55 AM

His words, for some reason they made her happy to hear. Perhaps it was because the last they met such things were not said, or maybe she had not heard them in a long time. Even though she was a Healer, Seracia' Baroness. Yes they thanked her for helping but, they had to because she was apart of the pack. Bronze wasn't, he could have just laid there and not thank her. Maybe that was why it made her feel good, that he was thanking her even when he didn't have to. No matter what it was she gave a nod of her head, grey eyes looking over the job she did.

Then he answered her question, some assistance would be nice. Loccian gave a nod of her head, pushing herself up and waiting for him to start moving. She stood beside him, not wanting to just right up touch him in case it would bother him. She watched as his legs shook, it was then that she moved, lightly pressing her shoulder against his non-injured side. There might be a hollow fallen tree nearby where we can stop, if not then we can stop and I'll look for a place for you. She spoke softly, paws moving forward slowly, not wanting to rush him.

Hopefully they did find a spot right away, she didn't wanna be out looking too long and leave him by himself. Yeah he was big and a male but right now he was vulnerable and weak. Thinking about this, an idea was brought up. Maybe she could catch something for him to eat, nothing large, just something small to snack on and at least ease some of that stomach. She would like something to eat too but she would wanna get something for him first, hopefully he wouldn't mind or reject her kind offering.

"action.
talk.
think.
you."

Bronze i

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
04-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Was this what growing old felt like? Or was he mistaking injury with age? He was used to the loneliness, the independence, but the helplessness was something new to him. He tried to convince himself that he would've been fine had Loccian not found him -- perhaps his wounds would've taken longer to heal, and perhaps they might've even gotten infected, but surely he would've survived. Right? Upon slight reflection, Bronze realized that wasn't sure what would've happened to him had she not tended to those wounds. What if infection had set in, traveling dee[ into his bones? Would he have died, right here, by this lake?

Such thoughts were difficult to bear, and so he shook his muzzle gently as though it would physically remove the thoughts from his head. The quivering of his limbs seemed to frustrate him, and he grew slightly agitated as he struggled upright and began to walk. The annoyance was not directed at Loccian whatsoever; he let out a grateful sigh when she leaned into his uninjured side, obviously grateful for the help. He was careful to not let all of his weight lean on her, for she was much smaller than him, but even the slightest pressure seemed to alleviate some of the pain.

"Just move away when you find a good place for us to stop," his tones were dancing with slight jest, and he laughed a bit. "I'll probably fall right over. Save me the effort of lying down."

He hoped his joke would not fall on deaf ears. And if it did? It wouldn't be anything new. The smile slowly faded, a more determined expression overcoming his scarred facade as they continued on, one slow step at a time. Before long, Bronze was unsurprised to find a fallen tree -- Loccian had probably spotted it earlier. With care, the male lowered his large frame onto the earth. Despite the aches that plagued his body, the feeling of the newly-grown grass on his belly was nothing short of pleasant. Overhead the sun shone down relentlessly, the birds perched contently on the branches of trees all around, chirping merrily. "This is a good spot," he breathed surely, smiling gently at her.

At least the snow was gone -- that was always a plus.

Loccian

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-01-2013, 11:29 AM

She moved slowly, carefully to not rush the older male. She did not want to stress his body more than it already was, he needed to be relaxed and just let the herbs do their job. She moved with him at a decent pace, but she remained silent, not wanting to say something that might bother him. But as they moved it seemed like she didn't have to say anything. Bronze had shook his head, was she doing something that was annoying him? Or maybe she was just thinking too much, maybe he was just getting a headache from his wounds. Once they got to the spot where he could rest she would go look for some more seeds or something to ease his headache.

While walking she picked up her head slightly, tilting her head as he suddenly spoke. Just move away when you find a good place for us to stop... I'll probably fall right over. Save me the effort of lying down. He seemed to joke around, a small laugh coming from him. Loccian just smirked, a light but quiet chuckle coming from her as she gave a nod of her head and continued on. I'll be careful, don't wanna be flattened into a leaf. She joked right back, the small smile turning into a decent sized one. She never smiled like that before, not for a very long time.

She liked that he tried to lighten the mood, but she wasn't expecting it. She didn't mind though, it was nice, nice to actually smile and laugh a bit even if it wasn't one of the best times to do so. Grey eyes slipped away from her surroundings, now looking up at Bronze whose smile slowly faded away and took on a more serious expression. Before long they came upon the fallen tree she had mentioned, something she noticed on the way to him. It was a decent size for the both of them to rest. She moved away once there, making sure he didn't fall on her like he had joked, but mostly just helping him lay down without bothering the herbs on his wounds.

Once he was down she took a step back, tail flicking behind her, she lifted her head and looked around the place. This place, it was sort of pleasant, relaxing. The sun shone down between the trees, birds flying about and chirping their little hearts out. This is a good spot She looked down at him, a smile on his face. The shewolf lowered her head, the smile still on her face as she watched him silently. Yes it is. She spoke, looking away to look into the forest. Seracia doesn't have this unfortunately, mostly open land. She added, a sort of sadness in her voice. Once she realized it sounded kind of down she quickly looked to him with the smile. Nevermind me, would you like me to get you something for it the pains come back?

ooc: Just realized Loccian is in heat... So, not sure if we should bring that into play. lol Perhaps she doesn't realize it at first, but Bronze does? XD

"action.
talk.
think.
you."

Bronze i

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
04-02-2013, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013, 06:29 PM by Bronze i.)

Loccian replied to his quip with a laugh, which was a pleasant surprise. His odd sense of humor was often off-putting, but she seemed amused by his comment, even of only briefly. The gentle feminine laugh brought a grin to his hardened features, breaking the serious expression that typically resided there. She replied with a comment of her own, I'll be careful, don't wanna be flattened into a leaf. The corners of his ebony lips twitched slightly, his smile widening.

The feeling of the fresh grass against his belly was beyond pleasant. It was much more comfortable than lying on the dirt near the lake, and he was grateful for her assistance in walking here. Brown eyes gazed at her for a moment, ears perked attentively as she spoke. He was determined not to run her off again, and he supposed listening was a good first step. "This place reminds me a bit of my birthplace," he commented gently, though his words were neither nostalgic or grieving. They just were. The male lifted his skull to gaze around them, though was hesitant to move his neck too much. The last thing he wanted was to have to ask Loccian to re-apply them to his wounds -- she'd already done more than enough for him.

Would you like me to get you something for if the pains come back? Slowly the beast nodded, though his movements were hesitant. "Only if you don't mind," Bronze replied, his voice serious. If she didn't feel the urge to help him, he wouldn't ask her to... but she seemed to be treating him kindly. Would she treat all wounded brutes like this? "Hopefully I don't get up and run off while you're gone," he joked again, grinning a bit. There was no way in hell he was going anywhere right now. The grass simply felt too good. He heaved a gentle sigh, lowering his muzzle to rest on forepaws stretched in front of him, glad to relax at last.

(So sorry for the short/crappy post, I'm not feeling well, but really wanted to reply. :( And we can certainly bring that into play if you want~ :) He will definitely realize, even if she does not.)

Loccian

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-02-2013, 08:35 PM
She had tilted her head to the side, listening to him mention that the forest reminded him of his birthplace. She didn't really expect him to go on, to talk about how it reminded him of his homeland. Or to even talk about about it, and she didn't mind. That was his business, his past, something she did not want to stick her nose. And she knew he didn't wanna go into it, probably held something he did not want to remember. After all, why would he when this was only their second time meeting each other?

Loccian was brought out of her thoughts when he told her she could get something for him, but only if she didn't mind. This caused her to quickly shake her head, "No no no, I don't mind at all." She assured him, she didn't mind at all. The shewolf asked him because she wanted to go get him something that would help him ease any of the pains. With that she took a step to the side, about to go look for more plants when he suddenly mentioned how he hoped he didn't run off off while she was away. Her ears quickly went back at that, a look of shock crossing her face. Was he trying to tell her that he would be gun when she came back? That was quickly gone when he grinned after it, her ears picking themselves up as she realized that was just joking, she hoped.

She turned her body away from him with a smile and shake of her head. "You almost got me there... I'll be back in no time." She said over her shoulder before walking off into the forest to get some herbs and a snack for them.

Ooc: Thats alright Nyx, I understand. And thats great, he could notice when she comes back.

Bronze i

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
04-03-2013, 04:35 PM

Bronze fell silent as his brown eyes took in their surroundings, again, absorbing the scenery even more fully. The brute has seen the worst the world had to offer -- as recently as the previous evening -- and yet he felt fully at ease, lying here with someone who was nothing more than an acquaintance. For now, his mind was silenced, the chaos that often consumed him dulled by the pleasant summer day. For how long had he been numb to these simple pleasures, he was not sure. But for now, he was oddly content with the simple sound of birdsong in his ears, the feeling of the sun on his back, and the feeling of the soft grass beneath him, tickling his fur as he shifted his weight to an ever more comfortable position.

"And I'll be right here," Bronze responded gently, smiling slightly at her as she turned to leave. A gentle sigh escaped his lips, and he let his head shift to rest contentedly on his front paws. Before long, he felt himself drifting off, despite his desire to stay away for Loccian's return.

Loccian

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-03-2013, 08:43 PM

Off she was, she moved away from the spot Bronze was resting and when she was out of sight she suddenly sprinted forward. The easiest thing to do would be collecting the herbs he would need for his wounds, so she decided that she would try catching something for the both of them to snack on first. Paws moved quikly but silently over the cool, hard earth, ears swiveling left and right, listening for the sounds of prey moving through the vegetation or making any other noises. She didn't need her eyes for hunting, a lot of the time they eyes would fool you and you'd end up wasting valuable time and energy chasing after something that wasn't even there in the first place.

It didn't take long for her to find something, being that Wolfpaw Lake is surrounded by forest, you just have to walk a few feet to find something. What she found was a single plump squirrel, sitting in a small clearing nibbling on something but because of where she was she couldn't see. Didn't matter though, it would be dead within moments and in her stomach. Silently the shewolf crouched low to the ground, slowly making her way forward, when the squirrel would stop moving or lift its head she would come to a stop then continue when it went back to its business. Finally she was close enough, just a leap away. Bam! She sprang forward, paws drumming over the ground as the small animal took off, zigzagging from left to right, hop, zigzag. She pushed herself, coming within inches of its tail then Snap! Jaws clamped shut around it's small body, breaking its spine. One down, another to go.

After a couple of minutes she caught another squirrel, quickly hiding both of them in a safe spot so she could grab them after getting the herbs she needed for Bronze. Grey eyes scanned the plants around her, paws carrying back and forth, around this tree and around that tree. Finally she got what she needed, setting all the herbs into two leaf bundles, he wouldn't need much for his wounds so she had no reason to get more. Once she got back she could explain to him what plants to look out for when on his own to make sure the wounds didn't get infected. And so she picked those up and went to where she stashed the squirrels, cleaning the dirt off them and also putting those into a leaf bundle before heading back to the log where the waiting Bronze, hopefully, was waiting.

Bronze? She called, stepping out from behind a tree, grey eyes scanning the spot beneath the log for the ragged male. Sorry it took a bit, I didn't mean to make you wait. She quickly apologized, walking over quickly and setting the leaf bundles down not far from him. I... I hope your hungry. I caught something for us, it's not much but it's the best I can do. Leaning her head down she gently pulled a leaf bundle apart to reveal the two squirrels inside, looking up to the too see his reaction. Hopefully he would like it, and if he didn't she would feel like an idiot for wasting that time getting something he didn't even want.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you."

Bronze i

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
04-04-2013, 11:33 AM

Sleep had came far more easily than he ever expected. The pleasant rays of the sun lulled him quickly to sleep, caressing his face and warming his soul. How easily his mind wandered into unconsciousness, familiar faces greeting him, haunting him. This time, though, he was free from nightmares, instead greeted by joyful faces, rejoicing in his presence. How he longed to see his children, to know they were safe and sound. Still he mourned the loss of his third born child, his son... how cruel life was, taking away such a perfect creature. Only in sleep did the boy live on, only in sleep could he feel Artemis's warm fur against his own. The boy would remain forever engrained in his memory, forever a child, a symbol of all that was innocent and right in the world. A symbol of what he had lost, and what he could never gain back.

Slowly the return of Loccian brought him back to consciousness. Eyelids opened wearily, revealing foggy hazel eyes. The brute lifted his head, amazed at the absence of pain in his neck. He was quite sore, but no longer did the pain resemble a red-hot fire burning beneath his skin. "Don't apologize," he spoke, his voice gruff from sleep. Quietly he cleared his throat, eyes drifting to watch the bundle of plants she dropped nearby. "I can't say a nap wasn't greatly needed." He watched, grinning slightly when she revealed the squirrels she'd killed for them. Not only was Loccian kind, clearly worried for his health, but she'd went out of her way to get him something to eat.

The male's ebony nose twitched slightly; Loccian's scent seemed different than it had earlier. Perhaps he had simply been too exhausted to property examine her scent, or too ravaged with pain... but the female was clearly in heat, her sweet scent told him that much. Did she even realize it? It seemed likely she didn't. "Thank you, very much, Loccian... really, you didn't need to do any of this." With only the slightest bit of hesitance he shifted himself forward to snatch up one of the rodents between his jaws. The smile didn't seem to fade as he tore into the small creature before him; he was far hungrier than he had realized.

Loccian

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-05-2013, 08:32 AM

So he had been sleeping while she was gone, it made Loccian feel bad for waking the male, she didn't mean to she was just a bit excited to catch these squirrels and give them to Bronze. Don't apologize His gruff voice told her, but, she felt bad for bringing him out of his sleep, she should have just let him be and wait till he woke up. Oh well, she can't do anything about it now. She stood there watching him, a grin forming when his eyes fell upon the squirrels, causing her to perk up in pride. Even though it was squirrels, she was very proud with them. The shewolf was in noway a hunter, only going after little things and if she did get something big it was because she was eating what somebody left behind.

Thank you, very much, Loccian... really, you didn't need to do any of this. He smiled and grabbed one of the squirrels, Loccian immediately smile and seemed to bounce slightly on her paws. He liked it, yeah she didn't have to do it but she wanted to, and he liked it eve if it was small. The female felt good about herself but tried to not let it shoe, it would be embarrassing. So, she kept a small smile on, picking up her squirrel and walking over to Bronze to lay down next to him but not too close.

She lay there, munching on her squirrel. She picked the meat off in bits, chomping them then swallowing. In no time she was done, licking her lips and standing up, setting the rest of the body to the side before turning back to Bronze. So Bronze, I'm guessing your still a loner? She asked, she wanted to have some form of a conversation and the only thing that would pop up was that. It was stupid but, she didn't really know what else to say or ask him. She couldn't ask about his past or his birthplace, unsure of how he would react. Her head tilted to the side, ears perked up, waiting for his answer or anything else he wanted to add.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you."